(shouting)

LunaLua Offical Thread

The second SMBX collab!

Shall I stream some LunaLua live development?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 25

Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: LunaLua Offical Thread

Post by Rixithechao »

Who here would be interested in contributing a level for the new cinematX sample episode in the coming months?
More info here.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

New SMW camera update here. Added horizontal panning, like when you press the L or R buttons in the actual game.

To pan left or right, hold the tanooki/alt run button and double tap left or right.
h2643
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Post by h2643 »

Not my api, just wanted to play around with it.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

SMW Camera update. Implemented autoscroll and the ability to lock the camera within a user-defined "room" (example of use can be to make Megaman-style transitions). I think these were the last major features I wanted to add.
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

Just realised I didn't even post about my WIP API here!

It's aimed towards recreating Undertale battles in SMBX, and you're able to somewhat easily recreate encounters. It's essentially finished, but I can't release it just now bc I first have get the last few bugs ironed out.

Bullet pattern involving animations, variable bullet hitboxes and in-attack change of the soul color

Killing (FPS drop is because of gif recording)

Death

Battle Intro

Blue Soul feat. colored attacks

All the menu stuff also works, but may be kinda convoluted to set up. I have yet to find the right balance between easy-to-use and giving the users a lot of freedom in what they can do with it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

I went ahead and made a proof of concept/prototype custom pause menu using the cinematX suite.

You can download it here; make sure you have the latest versions of cinematX, graphX, textblox and inputs installed!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

Apologies for the double-post, but... fancy parallax backgrounds and foregrounds!

You can download the script from the wiki page:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/pgewiki/ParalX.lua

HenryRichard
Not a licensed doctor or nurse.

Post by HenryRichard »

That's probably the coolest visual effect I've ever seen done with LunaLua!

Time to go make some really cool space backgrounds.
Wohlstand
Moondust and TheXTech developer
First name: Vitaly
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Wohlstand »

Hello!

Yesterday we are migrated PGE Project's and LunaLUA main site to a new server and we now finally have a separated domain name.

New location of PGE Project and LunaLUA downloads, PGE-Wiki ("home" of LunaLUA documentation), PGE Forums, etc. is here: http://wohlsoft.ru.
All links from engine.wohlnet.ru will be automatically redirected to a new place!
  • New server is going to be much faster for America, Australia and Asia (continents which are located far out off Moscow city)
  • More stability
  • Much more disk space for a file storing!
Kevsoft
LunaLua Master Developer

Post by Kevsoft »

LunaLua v0.7.3 is finally released. I apologize for the long waiting, but there where a lot of critical changes in this version.
Please make sure that your CC12 level is working with this version!

So here is the changelog:
* Custom images can now be drawn behind SMBX sprites.
* Hardcoded images can now be patched via hardcoded-*.png
* Added new compareLunaVersion for version checking
* Added new event onKeyboardPress which handles raw keyboard input
* Added new draw function (Graphics.draw [Named args])
* Added new OpenGL drawing system (Graphics.glDraw [Named args])
* Added new lua based pause function: Misc.pause, Misc.unpause, Misc.isPausedByLua
* Improvement [LunaLua]: Refactored mainV2.lua for better performance and smaller code
* Added new function for better controlling the loop: onTick, onTickEnd, onDraw, onDrawEnd
* Improvement [LunaLua]: onHUDDraw and onCameraUpdate now has the camera index as argument.
* Improvement [LunaLua]: onMessageBox can now be cancelled
* Added FIELD_BOOL which can be used for the mem-functions.
* Added NPC.get overload with only the npc-id as argument.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: SMBX doesn't crash anymore, if you pass nil to some LunaLua functions.
* Improvement [LunaLua]: The max npc id is now 300
* Added NPC:harm
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Tiles can now correctly be replaced with PNGs.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: PlayerSetting.height was pointing to players width
* Extended Camera class
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Cheat defines now don't reset.
* Added registerCustomEvent, so you can create custom events from your APIs.
* Added event onCameraUpdate and Camera.x, Camera.y is now writeable.
* Added a lot of new world map classes.
* Added Misc.doPSwitchRaw - You can now trigger the raw P-Switch effect.
* Added Misc.doPSwitch - You can now trigger the full P-Switch effect.
* Added Misc.doBombExplosion - You can now spawn bomb explosions.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Misc.resolveFile and Misc.resolveDirectory don't crash anymore and works faster now.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Some unreliability of Animation.spawn has been fixed.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Level sounds.ini now works correctly when using from the main game
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Hitboxes and offsets are now reset before loading a new level or world
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Misc.loadEpisode now works also without Autostart ini file.
* Added onStart - This event is the better "onLoad". This event will be executed, when SMBX is running the first frame.
* Fixed music.ini bug which wasn't supported track number suffix for NSF/HES/etc. multi-track musics
* NPCs can now be killed, even if they are hidden.
* Add width/height properties to LuaImageResource.
* Allow onNPCKill to be cancelled.
Rixithechao

Post by Rixithechao »

So it's come to my attention that I've been doing something dumb with the classes in my libraries - namely, keeping them in the global namespace and having users call their constructors directly.

Just to be safe, I'll be removing access to the <class>.create () functions in future versions of textblox, playerGfx and other such libraries in exchange for functions like textblox.createFont(), playerGfx.createSet(), etc. I've already done this with paralX.

This is definitely going to break old code, though you'll mostly just need to change the function names, not the arguments; with paralX, it's just a matter of replacing all instances of Parallax.create with paralX.create. This change shouldn't impact cinematX code because Actor.create() has been a strictly internal function from the start.

...With that said, cinematX is undergoing a general overhaul to make the codebase more structured and manageable, with a lot of stuff being moved to sub-namespaces (i.e. cinematX.runCoroutine => cinematX.routine.run, startDialog => Dialog.start, etc.) I'll do what I can to keep old functions and variables working, but as of 0.8 they'll be considered deprecated.

ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Kevsoft wrote:LunaLua v0.7.3 is finally released. I apologize for the long waiting, but there where a lot of critical changes in this version.
Please make sure that your CC12 level is working with this version!

So here is the changelog:
* Custom images can now be drawn behind SMBX sprites.
* Hardcoded images can now be patched via hardcoded-*.png
* Added new compareLunaVersion for version checking
* Added new event onKeyboardPress which handles raw keyboard input
* Added new draw function (Graphics.draw [Named args])
* Added new OpenGL drawing system (Graphics.glDraw [Named args])
* Added new lua based pause function: Misc.pause, Misc.unpause, Misc.isPausedByLua
* Improvement [LunaLua]: Refactored mainV2.lua for better performance and smaller code
* Added new function for better controlling the loop: onTick, onTickEnd, onDraw, onDrawEnd
* Improvement [LunaLua]: onHUDDraw and onCameraUpdate now has the camera index as argument.
* Improvement [LunaLua]: onMessageBox can now be cancelled
* Added FIELD_BOOL which can be used for the mem-functions.
* Added NPC.get overload with only the npc-id as argument.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: SMBX doesn't crash anymore, if you pass nil to some LunaLua functions.
* Improvement [LunaLua]: The max npc id is now 300
* Added NPC:harm
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Tiles can now correctly be replaced with PNGs.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: PlayerSetting.height was pointing to players width
* Extended Camera class
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Cheat defines now don't reset.
* Added registerCustomEvent, so you can create custom events from your APIs.
* Added event onCameraUpdate and Camera.x, Camera.y is now writeable.
* Added a lot of new world map classes.
* Added Misc.doPSwitchRaw - You can now trigger the raw P-Switch effect.
* Added Misc.doPSwitch - You can now trigger the full P-Switch effect.
* Added Misc.doBombExplosion - You can now spawn bomb explosions.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Misc.resolveFile and Misc.resolveDirectory don't crash anymore and works faster now.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Some unreliability of Animation.spawn has been fixed.
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Level sounds.ini now works correctly when using from the main game
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Hitboxes and offsets are now reset before loading a new level or world
* Bugfix [LunaLua]: Misc.loadEpisode now works also without Autostart ini file.
* Added onStart - This event is the better "onLoad". This event will be executed, when SMBX is running the first frame.
* Fixed music.ini bug which wasn't supported track number suffix for NSF/HES/etc. multi-track musics
* NPCs can now be killed, even if they are hidden.
* Add width/height properties to LuaImageResource.
* Allow onNPCKill to be cancelled.
I think this update might have made Willhart's Dark Prince completely unplayable. It's the only thing I've updated since I last opened the level file up. It was fine before but now the level doesn't work at all.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

ztarwuff wrote:I think this update might have made Willhart's Dark Prince completely unplayable. It's the only thing I've updated since I last opened the level file up. It was fine before but now the level doesn't work at all.
Ahh yes, that is... sort of expected. The method I had used to make Dark Prince work with the OpenGL renderer, makes the OpenGL render completely crash on a few people's computers (Pyro, and possibly one or two people from the smbx forums).

As a temporary measure, I disabled the bitwise rendering in the OpenGL renderer. It's on my todo list to implement a workaround suitable for Dark Prince that won't crash on such computers (currently thinking I'll just make it possible for the OpenGL renderer to be selectively disabled during Dark Prince via a lunadll.lua file)
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Rednaxela wrote:
ztarwuff wrote:I think this update might have made Willhart's Dark Prince completely unplayable. It's the only thing I've updated since I last opened the level file up. It was fine before but now the level doesn't work at all.
Ahh yes, that is... sort of expected. The method I had used to make Dark Prince work with the OpenGL renderer, makes the OpenGL render completely crash on a few people's computers (Pyro, and possibly one or two people from the smbx forums).

As a temporary measure, I disabled the bitwise rendering in the OpenGL renderer. It's on my todo list to implement a workaround suitable for Dark Prince that won't crash on such computers (currently thinking I'll just make it possible for the OpenGL renderer to be selectively disabled during Dark Prince via a lunadll.lua file)
One other thing I forgot to mention. One of the levels I'll be submitting to the project will feature the exact same gimmick, so whatever your work around is needs to work for my level too.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

ztarwuff wrote:One other thing I forgot to mention. One of the levels I'll be submitting to the project will feature the exact same gimmick, so whatever your work around is needs to work for my level too.
It will if a single line gets added to a lunadll.lua file for your level. Any levels using this exact bitwise rendering gimmick will need to be flagged as such.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

I'm just going to drop this here, demonstrating an experimental LunaLua feature in the works:

(ignore the raocow hitbox being screwed up, I just neglected to load the .ini data that's required for the new A2XT raocow spritesheet to work right)
HenryRichard
Not a licensed doctor or nurse.

Post by HenryRichard »

It's super cool that that's possible - gonna be really cool to have the SMBX 2.0 characters easier to use!
TvGameSmwSmbx

Post by TvGameSmwSmbx »

Hello everybody I would like to share this with you this one here is my friend enjoy watching the video and please comment on the YouTube video

if you don't know what is my friend is he's from another SMBX website I'll put the link below

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/m ... ile&u=7137

oh yeah before I forgot what version he's using lunalua 0.7.3 beta and this is still a work in progress is making it for me and I will credit him swear to God
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/Megaluavania.lua

Megaluavania has released! Documentation is heavy WIP tho.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kevsoft
LunaLua Master Developer

Post by Kevsoft »

Hey guys!

I have exciting news about the next version of LunaDLL. You can read about it here: http://wohlsoft.ru/
Kevsoft
LunaLua Master Developer

Post by Kevsoft »

LunaLua v0.7.3.1 has been released, which means that the core API of LunaLua should now match the one in SMBX 2.0.
Changelog:
* Added non-ASCII paths support! (LunaLUA-SMBX's root finally can be placed into path with non-ASCII characters. But limit is: don't mix codepages (example: both Russian and Chinese characters in a path, or you will get VB Error "File not found". Same happens on Vanilla SMBX if you have been used non-local characters.))
* Added a test-mode system which can be controlled by PGE.
* Added Graphics.getBits32 which is a fast way to access the bits of a image resource
* glDraw can draw with scene coordinates (sceneCoords=true as named arg)
* Added CaptureBuffer class which allows to capture the screen at a specific render priority
* The max id of Blocks has been increased to 700
* Added lunabase.lua to LuaScriptsLib which is a global user script file.
* Overworld sprite can be patched at runtime
* Added Misc.registerCharacterId which allows to register new characters
* Added Misc.resolveGraphicsFile which only resolve a file from custom folder, episode folder or the graphics folder from SMBX.
* Added Graphics.loadImageResolved which is a handy combination of Graphics.loadImage and Misc.resolveGraphicsFile, with a useful error message if it can't find anything.
* Added PlayingSfxInstance class which represents a sound
* Added some new defines
* Enhanced profile.lua to be useful. Usable by hitting F3 to start and F3 to finish.
* Add force_disable_fullscreen option to luna.ini because the smbx fullscreen is acting up for some
* Add Player.getIntersecting

The development of LunaLua has been slowing down lately due to Rednaxela and me beeing busy with other stuff. Remember however, that there are still a lot of great APIs out there which makes LunaLua a whole lot better. So check it out!