(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by alleightbits »

metasomnia wrote:And and and, what happened to the spoilers??
Something broke, long story short, the text in spoiler tags doesn't work.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

Xbox One finally got here yesterday. Oh my god, Gears of War Ultimate Edition took hours to install.
stuff goes here
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

metasomnia wrote:
Sorel wrote:I wonder how long it will take for people to recognize me with that new username
I leave for a few weeks and you changed your username??

What brought this on, if I may ask?
not even a few weeks, he changed it last night

also hi meta! nice to have you back
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

YelseyKing wrote:Despite it all, I still consider both people I mentioned friends, and I regret now doing what I did, but in the anger of the moment, and a life-long pain being brought to the surface, we do things we come to regret.
There's nothing to regret. You were absolutely in the right here. Also, what dr_kraid said.
You're awesome.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Whimsical Calamari wrote: not even a few weeks, he changed it last night

also hi meta! nice to have you back
Hi Calamari! I have terrible and sporadic internet so I'll probably be in and out for a while, if that.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

jayScribble wrote:
Sorel wrote:I wonder how long it will take for people to recognize me with that new username
Yeah, you were formally a master of fluffyness. I'll miss it.
I liked him better when he was still a dono. Image
So circular.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

metasomnia wrote:And and and, what happened to the spoilers??
Old ones broke the page layout and people kinda went crazy with it so I made new ones that wouldn't break since the only other option was for them to get removed altogether. Then there was a conflict with a site script so I made another new one to bypass that issue but the titled ones never actually got fixed because Argumentable forgot about it or something and I stopped caring enough to bother since untitled ones work.
8bitgamer123 wrote:Something broke, long story short, the text in spoiler tags doesn't work.
Only titled spoilers break.

Code: Select all

[spoiler="blah"]blah[/spoiler]
will break while

Code: Select all

[spoiler]blah[/spoiler]
will work.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

that's what i meant, sorry
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

Got myself a nice and powerful new laptop, so I can stop being internet-dead :]
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

Kuupa wrote:Got myself a nice and powerful new laptop, so I can stop being internet-dead :]
WHOOOOOOOOOO0000000000oooooooººººº˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

technically there was another option regarding the spoilers which would be to do nothing. have some trust in the people...
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Leet wrote:technically there was another option regarding the spoilers which would be to do nothing. have some trust in the people...
Yeah, I never got what the big deal was. Delete offending posts, warn the offenders, whatevs...
Alice

Post by Alice »

Telamon wrote:
Leet wrote:technically there was another option regarding the spoilers which would be to do nothing. have some trust in the people...
Yeah, I never got what the big deal was. Delete offending posts, warn the offenders, whatevs...
Well people did kinda show no self control at all when they found out about the exploit. And the moderators here seem to try to avoid dealing with moderating if possible from what I've seen.

And it's not too big a deal anyways. (Really if anyone has any right to complain here it's me. I've sunk probably 5-6 hours or more into creating these ones and getting them to actually work properly.) The untitled ones do work. Just the titled ones either need to finally get fixed or just be flat out removed since the current code for them doesn't work.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Hey Alice, will you be my valentines this year? I'm not a week late, am I?
Alice

Post by Alice »

ZephyrBurst wrote:Hey Alice, will you be my valentines this year? I'm not a week late, am I?
Sure, why not? Lol. And you aren't since it's not quite the 21st for me yet.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Yes! Was only 36 minutes away from failure! +5 for everyone here!

My only rule. Don't touch the rainbow tail!
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

Alice wrote:And the moderators here seem to try to avoid dealing with moderating if possible from what I've seen.
Kinda surprised you got away with that remark, tbh >_>;
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

metasomnia wrote:What brought this on, if I may ask?
Remember how my old username sounded like something a 6-year-old came up with?

I needed something that doesn't sound like that.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Alice wrote: And the moderators here seem to try to avoid dealing with moderating if possible from what I've seen.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Alice

Post by Alice »

128-Up wrote:Kinda surprised you got away with that remark, tbh >_>;
I should actually probably be a little more clear anyways. I'm mostly talking about Argumentable and Jesuiscontent who are often absent from the site and when they aren't they seem to tend to refrain from doing much which, to me at least, really brings up the question of why they even want to be moderators honestly.

Whenever I report something it's almost always dealt with by Horikawa or dr_kraid. (Which I mostly gave up on anyways because it was usually due to people having stupidly huge signatures which is just an eyesore but the mods don't seem to care about and for spoilers which the mods don't agree with me on.) And outside of that there's just these spoiler tags. And for those Jesuiscontent never seemed to be of any use there and Argumentable, from what I gathered, kept checking his messages while at work so he didn't get to whatever I'd sent him then later forgot about it.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

...What? About the spoiler thing Argu said he was taking care of them so I don't even know how to change them (don't they work fine now anyway?), and I always respond to my PMs and the reports I catch so I don't know what you're on about lol.
stupidly huge signatures
Again, when I catch those I always try to nicely tell them to tone it down
spoilers which the mods don't agree with me on.
Not 100% sure what you're referring to. If that's the sebby thing we actually were pretty divided about it IIRC but I don't remember what the consensus was?

Talkhaus is pretty peaceful these days anyway (seems like all the drama-lovers left) so to me that's a good thing we don't need to moderate. If you have a problem I'm always open to talk about it in PM though (you can even CC the entire coppers group)

Alice

Post by Alice »

Jesuiscontent wrote:...What? About the spoiler thing Argu said he was taking care of them so I don't even know how to change them (don't they work fine now anyway?), and I always respond to my PMs and the reports I catch so I don't know what you're on about lol.
This one's probably a case of miscommunication then because he told me to pm both of you but I never heard anything from you at all when I did so I stopped bothering with that.

Also they don't work properly. The base ones do but the titled ones are broken. I submitted a fix for them to Argumentable weeks ago and never heard back from him.
Again, when I catch those I always try to nicely tell them to tone it down
This one would be an issue with lack of communication then if you've seen reports from me on that. I've never once heard back from any of the mods after reporting someone's signature for being too massive and I can't recall anyone actually changing theirs afterwards either.
Not 100% sure what you're referring to. If that's the sebby thing we actually were pretty divided about it IIRC but I don't remember what the consensus was?
If that's the case then Horikawa was rather misleading when she pmed me about it because I was told that you'd all agreed they weren't spoilers.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

my special secret for dealing with huge sigs: turning off sigs
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

do we need horikawa to find the worst sig like she did on smbex
ImageImageImage
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Have the posts' background colors always alternated between grey and light blue and if so, how have I not noticed this before now?
You're awesome.