(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Leet »

well, i have made some mistakes

my friend finally returned to me and i cant do anything now without feeling really intimidated for no reason
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Ashan wrote:Rhymes with "fine china"
I'm probably the only non-Canadian who has known that fact (how to pronounce Regina) since forever despite never having been there or personally knowing anyone from there.
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

Leet wrote:
Learning-Timebuster wrote:i used to be into dungeon (the french comic series thing) big time during the majority of the '00s but due to its generic title stuff was incredibly hard to find about it online and what i did find was pretty much all in french, which i dont exactly have a grasp of
what! me too!
oh wow really

i heard that in the english release (im presuming you got that one, anyway) theyre all in bundles of 2 or something and because of that for the longest time i thought only half of them were translated
"i like bugs"
t
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Sasquatch wrote:
Ashan wrote:Rhymes with "fine china"
I'm probably the only non-Canadian who has known that fact (how to pronounce Regina) since forever despite never having been there or personally knowing anyone from there.
Well it's kind of a weird thing cause it was named after Queen Regina but I'm not sure if her name was pronounced the way we say it or "Regeena" like how Regina Spektor pronounces her name.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

The real crime is how Arkansas is pronounced.
You're awesome.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Regina is Latin, and the tradition is def. to say Regeena, so I dunno where you guys changed, but I think it's awesome.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

Piter Lauchy wrote:The real crime is how Arkansas is pronounced.
ar-ken-saw
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

The reason people have trouble pronouncing Arkansas is cause they don't know that Kansas is actually pronounced k'nsaw
Piter Lauchy

Post by Piter Lauchy »

8bitgamer123 wrote:
ar-ken-saw
I know. Otherwise I wouldn't have said that. :P
Just questioning the people who decided that.
You're awesome.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

we have french to blame for that
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Party with me!
That crazy voice dude
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Trump/Decker 2016

Piter Lauchy

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Ashan wrote:Trump/Decker 2016

Oh God, that face at the end. :lol:
You're awesome.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I had a miserable day yesterday, easily the worst one I've had all year, but at least I refuse to take anyone's verbal or physical abuse like I did then ever again. I've worked too hard on myself the last decade overcoming my own issues to be brought down by someone that can't even be bothered to fix theirs and then try to take it out on others. No more.
Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:
we have french to blame for that
The Arkansas legislature too. They voted on which pronunciation to use 135 years ago and picked the French version for some reason.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

who is in charge of name changes
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

FluffiMasta wrote:who is in charge of name changes
any of the mods (mostly argu and jesuis though I think)
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Are you finally going to slick your hair back and become FluffyMaster
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

The silent treatment.

It's the absolute most petty form of passive-aggressive "retribution".

It's like, you know -- or at least, you *guess* -- you've done something that has ticked someone off, but they just ignore you entirely, so you can't even learn exactly *what* you did that warranted the treatment to begin with, and thereby work to resolve it.

By this point, two weeks of complete silence, ended by a single cryptic and vaguely threatening message (set up in such a way that I couldn't even respond), has rather surpassed in vindictiveness anything I could have done.

Aaaaand nevertheless I still feel like the worst person who's ever lived. Sigh...

So. Congrats. You've succeeded in making me suicidal once again. I do hope you're satisfied.

After giving it a little thought, instead of being vague and cryptic, myself, I decided some context was in order.

Just a bit more than two weeks ago, something happened on my IRC channel. I'm not going to name any names here, but a former member of Talkhaus -- a trans woman, because this is partially relevant -- that came to my channel regularly had been warned about anti-male, anti-cis vitriol (including, however hyperbolic, the usual "kill all men" nonsense) she was quite prone to going on about. Now, none of us had shown her anything but consideration and friendship, so this sort of talk, again however hyperbolic it may have been intended, nevertheless unsurprisingly made a number of the people in the channel angry and uncomfortable. None of us really appreciated being told we were "scum" and "should die" because we were born one gender and didn't have any desire to change it. After one particularly violent tongue-lashing from her, I'd had enough. I saw what she'd said, responded with nothing more than "...", and she basically came back with something snotty along the lines of "Oh, don't start with me". This after I had warned her mere days before about that kind of talk.

For more context, I am *incredibly* sensitive to exclusion and insults -- having been the harsh victim of both growing up, and still to this day. I'm fat; 350+ pounds, to be exact, and that's basically ground zero for hurtful stares and stupid comments, and I also suffer from autism, which tends to cause people to believe I'm either some sort of superpowered savant (I'm not) or that I'm just another statistic, an Adam Lanza waiting to happen (again, absolutely not). So. These sort of "I hate you because of what you are and cannot change" comments sting. Badly.

At any rate, I responded by kicking her from the channel. Mind, I'd left Rena's IRC channel months before because of that same kind of hurtful male/cis bashing from her and one of her friends. So I really, *really* didn't want this in my channel. My safe haven.

The result is that one of my friends -- someone I'd been very close friends with for almost two decades (but who has done a near 180 degree personality flip since the early 2010s) -- apparently got incredibly angry with me, completely ignoring me for the next two weeks. He finally broke his silence last night to deliver the aforementioned cryptic and vaguely threatening comments, during a period in which I was away from my computer, and he knew it. He left before I could return and respond, and was not back today.

I really don't know why he's so pissed at me. Trans or no, there was no "transphobia" involved. I took action against someone who was being extremely rude and hurtful towards me and several other of my friends, and to whom we'd done nothing to warrant this sort of treatment. As a result, my friend's reaction has left me a nervous wreck, wondering constantly just what I did that was so horrible that he'd treat me like this. Especially after being inseparable friends for more than a decade.

Despite it all, I still consider both people I mentioned friends, and I regret now doing what I did, but in the anger of the moment, and a life-long pain being brought to the surface, we do things we come to regret.

I'm sorry to bother everyone here with my problems, but I seriously needed to get this out.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

YelseyKing wrote:people being dix
Just cut them out of your life dude. Nobody needs that kind of ag.

Friends are people who actually respect you.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:
metasomnia wrote:Speaking of Alice, I'm beginning to develop an appreciation for Alice Cooper and Alice in Chains
Alice Cooper opened for Iron Maiden when I saw them in 2012. I also had the pleasure of meeting the man at DragonCon that same year! Yay autographs.
This is really belated but I'm jealous

Edit: Also, hi guys I've been gone for a while again

And and and, what happened to the spoilers??
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I wonder how long it will take for people to recognize me with that new username
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Sorel wrote:I wonder how long it will take for people to recognize me with that new username
Yeah, you were formally a master of fluffyness. I'll miss it.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Sorel wrote:I wonder how long it will take for people to recognize me with that new username
I leave for a few weeks and you changed your username??

What brought this on, if I may ask?
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

in this zone we have different ways of identifying people than by their name

also your signature is still the same i think
"i like bugs"
t