(shouting)

DT3 - raocow and the game that ended

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: DT3 - raocow and the spike pit

Post by Sebby19 »

Was the boss music today a remix of Mario Kart 64 Bowser's Castle?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

Ozzy Ment wrote:
ZephyrBurst wrote:Now is one of the best times to throw requests at me.
It might be a good idea to require pressing the jump button to fall through a platform so you have a choice of whether you want to fall through or just duck.
I've suggested this before as well. This game isn't like Smash, where you have to... SMASH the control stick down to go through a platform.
Sebby19 wrote:Was the boss music today a remix of Mario Kart 64 Bowser's Castle?
Yep!
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DT3 - raocow and scotchroach I mean hopscotch

Post by ano0maly »

In room 3 of Nightmare Gate A, for those longer-reach maces that can reach you where you were standing, jumping straight up would have allowed you to avoid the maces.

A minor thing: the message boxes from reading the signs and talking to the NPCs ordinarily disappear when you move away from them, rather than after time passes, so you don't have to press Up multiple times to keep the message box up.

You could've scanned the wand as well; remember to scan independently moving objects and things you can damage separately, especially in boss fights. And if you scanned Kamek after you damage him the first time, Jeremy would have explained some stuff about the boss.
Count Mohawk

Re: DT3 - raocow and scotchroach I mean hopscotch

Post by Count Mohawk »

ano0maly wrote:You could've scanned the wand as well; remember to scan independently moving objects and things you can damage separately, especially in boss fights. And if you scanned Kamek after you damage him the first time, Jeremy would have explained some stuff about the boss.
DT3 is pretty good about dynamically-updating scan data. If there's a boss or encounter with multiple phases, Jeremy may have something new to say about it, even if it's just to update elemental weaknesses and resistances.
NegativeZeroZ wrote:
Count Mohawk wrote:brown cloud exit
not this again D:
Well excuse me for having difficulty with colors! :ugeek:
WhattayaBrian

Post by WhattayaBrian »

First thing's first: I encourage everyone to call this area "Nightmare Mario". It is, strictly speaking, called "Nightmare A", but this gets intensely confusing once numbers and letters start flying everywhere later in the game.

Secondly...it is technically possible to jump on Kamek's wand before it dips. I have only been able to recreate this with Jerry. If you would like to see this strategy in action, you may choose to watch my winning run from my LP. It's, uh...some skillful play (no).

And lastly: good job raocow! :) You're well on your way.
If you read this post and thought "Wow, what a swell guy, I sure would like to hear his voice and also watch videogames?" then do I have a link for you.

Current Game: Distorted Travesty 3
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Re: DT3 - raocow and overcoming Marioverse

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Someone offsite was saying that Kamek would destroy raocow. So glad he proved that wrong. Good job there raocow.
Cirnya wrote:Man I have mixed feelings now. After beating NG3 i had high hopes but it seems like every screen now is just made to be irritating
NG3 is one of them that I was doing a bit of tweaking to. (Though you seem to have enjoyed it.) Trying to (and did for the most part) remove a few more instances of those warping shadows. The water bits in the temple have had some editing recently internally, I just haven't allowed those changes to be on the public build yet.
I tend to look at LPs and see where exactly the problem areas are and iterate here and there. They've been fairly consistent among them. If you're watching most of raocow's LP, you might see small changes here and there. Sometimes it's just as simple as moving a platform 1 tile higher.

Claire now has more swap messages than Jerry.

P.S. The game is missing a fedora.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Man, the quality of this game is already really starting to shine through. Like if you pay notice to the attention to detail in so many little places, and also, the fact that that boss looked extremely stifling visually, but Jerry's hurtbox and movement capabilities both allow the player to perform with ease. It looked like a whole lot of fun.

Like this game looks hella fun and raocow can only stomp on enemies right now, it's kinda amazing.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

Wow, the Nightmare Gate boss was a lot of fun, even just to watch. There's a lot of fluidity to it, yet everything moves in a very careful and consistent way, creating something that is demanding without being overwhelming, and that's a very fine balance to get right. Very curious to see how things continue - but then I could say that every day at this point.

The repeated death messages in the Koopa Section were hilarious too, this series has always been very good at jabbing the player, especially when they least expect it. Hopefully it keeps the right balance and keeps things amusing rather than exaggerating frustration.
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Man I should have looked at this thread earlier. I could have advertised my series too. Now I don't have anything to say! Poking fun at raocow for needed 100 lives for a Nightmare Gate will surely get old soon.

But yeah this series will be loooooooong.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

When I saw zombie Kamek, I just thought he had turned into a Tonberry.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

The Greatest Stretch is the area just outside of Central City.

Don't confuse it for the Magical Hills!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Nice city there. I remember having seen it on the screenshots.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

What was the music that "can't be used"? It didn't play long enough for me to recognize it.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Ometeotl wrote:What was the music that "can't be used"? It didn't play long enough for me to recognize it.
https://youtu.be/PMZxXExmU9I?t=3m33s
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Ooooh, okay.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

raocow, remember that you can scroll through the map! It's not just a single picture; it's a grid with information for the different sections.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I kinda had the same reaction to the ASMT music, haha. "Wait, really? Really. Oh snap :D" I don't think raocow (or the peeps in the YouTube comments) actually have a problem with it Zephyr, haha, it's just one of those things that really wasn't expected and feels weird/meta when you look at it.

Also birds.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

>Zephyr adds a message to the Bird Fight if you play as Claire too long

"raocow finally gets something fixed that the testers complained about ages ago" is going to be a recurring pattern isn't it
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Honestly one of the most fun things about this game is that it evolves as you play and make suggestions to Zephyr. It's quite a rare occasion!
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

some complaints/feedback about future areas, don't look if you wanna be spoiled; its also kind of a wall
in the underwater section of the begonia temple or whatever it was called, there's a series of jumps that is extremely frustrating to make right near the end -- you have to use the momentum from current from fans to make some of these jumps.. and one of them seemed really precise -- the second jump where a fan is pushing you on this screen. i could only make it about a fourth of the time. i wish i had taken a screenshot so i could show you precisely, but alas, i didn't. The worst part is that you'll likely have to do the sequence multiple times because of the enemies and of course the bubbles move a bit randomly so they could pop on a platform instead of being where you need them to not drown. this was a screen that really really demoralized me.

a lot of the fourth gate was really frustrating to me because basic enemies take a huge chunk of hits to kill, usually around 10 or so. plus i like.. only half understand why the buster shot has its own meter -- i get you don't want people to be able to constantly spam it, but at the same time its kinda painful when you don't have the other weapons yet for it to be completely drained. plus as far as I know it's NEVER had weapon energy in any megaman. once the sigma stages rolled around it was quite a bit more fun as was the nightmare gate somehow

during the upward scrolling chase sequence in the vault, there's one target that is really difficult to hit -- you're supposed to aim something diagonally, i think, but nothing consistently hits it. in the end i managed to get it with a bomb, but only just barely. also, the first chase sequence is kinda annoying when you have to sit through all the text again to get to the challenging part. the maze thing is awesome, the new hud for the color wheels makes them a lot more tolerable than they have been in the other games.

by the way, i have completed 3 nightmare gates so far with less than the recommended heart containers -- 3 with one less than recommended, 4 and 5 with two less than recommended. the shadow fight in NG5 can be caught in a ai loop pretty simply by staying up close and running under the hops they make. maybe i missed something about the fight but it was disturbingly easy because of that.
gamercal

Post by gamercal »

If we're on the subject of alterations still, here's one I'd really appreciate:

Can we not have the Morph Ball disengage with you tap Up on the DPad? Or at least have some sort of toggle for it, like you do the Dash inputs? That'd probably have to unlock after you get the tool, but eh, totally doable.We already have Action C to un-morph, and since I'm using a cross pad I'm having a really hard time with accidental triggers when I'm trying to move in the air with the Ball. As you need to in lower Norfair >_<
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

gamercal wrote:If we're on the subject of alterations still, here's one I'd really appreciate:

Can we not have the Morph Ball disengage with you tap Up on the DPad? Or at least have some sort of toggle for it, like you do the Dash inputs? That'd probably have to unlock after you get the tool, but eh, totally doable.We already have Action C to un-morph, and since I'm using a cross pad I'm having a really hard time with accidental triggers when I'm trying to move in the air with the Ball. As you need to in lower Norfair >_<
That was specifically implemented because it was annoying to have Claire stuck in morph ball in the heat of action when you need to jump, attack, or switch sets. It was natural to be able to unmorph with a simple directional key instead of pressing a specific button to regain all those abilities.

A toggle option could be added, but it should be described in a way to avoid spoiling.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

another thing
why was the map for gates only used one time??? and not even for the gate based on the series that the map system is based on??
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

East is progress town, but if memory serves you can explore a teensy bit.

There really isn't that much to see until you get the arrows, though, so you'll probably want head to the Desert Palace ASAP.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Dragooner

Post by Dragooner »

So uh...it's possible to pick up items in assist mode, if you stand on them and then force a game over and change to normal. That's nice. xD