(shouting)

Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (MaGMML)! RESULTS! TIER 5! Congrats RedBlupi!

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
aterraformer

Re: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (MaGMML)! Signups Open!

Post by aterraformer »

Sorry for such a late discovering this but I would like to do a thing!! Thanks (maybe)

edit: Whoops! Didn't notice the second page haha. Good news.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Penguin Emperor
Omnipotent Feathered Tyrant

Post by Penguin Emperor »

Well, I love Mega Man, so I want to at least try this, but I'm crazy busy with work, so I might also make a single screen full of big eyes, but I'll try to make mine better than WestonSmith's so at least I'm not last place! :P
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Does it require Game Maker Pro? Or could I do it with the demo version as well?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Slit08 wrote:Does it require Game Maker Pro? Or could I do it with the demo version as well?
It doesn't matter because the devkit comes with the version you need.
Penguin Emperor

Ok, so I started messing around with Game Maker and watched Pyro's tutorial, but I'm already experiencing different things from what was shown in the video. I don't have the same screen pop up when I click the "initiate" room and there is no creation code button. Is there something I need to do other than load the MAGMML template in Game Maker when starting? Also, is this the place to ask for help, or is/will there be a seperate thread for that? Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist!
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Penguin Emperor wrote:Ok, so I started messing around with Game Maker and watched Pyro's tutorial, but I'm already experiencing different things from what was shown in the video. I don't have the same screen pop up when I click the "initiate" room and there is no creation code button. Is there something I need to do other than load the MAGMML template in Game Maker when starting? Also, is this the place to ask for help, or is/will there be a seperate thread for that? Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist!
Can you show me a screenshot of your Game Maker window?
Penguin Emperor

Here is a link to my screenshot: http://imgur.com/L0Tyu7y
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Penguin Emperor wrote:Here is a link to my screenshot: http://imgur.com/L0Tyu7y
Try clicking the box window to make the whole thing fullscreen. You can also close that tutorial on the right. Once you enlarge your room windows, all 5 options should appear and you can click on all of them to do stuff.
Penguin Emperor

I just made it fullscreen (and hid the tutorial thing) but I'm still only seeing 3 tabs and no button. Can I maybe find it in a menu somewhere? Thanks for your assistance, btw!
Penguin Emperor

Penguin Emperor wrote:I just made it fullscreen (and hid the tutorial thing) but I'm still only seeing 3 tabs and no button. Can I maybe find it in a menu somewhere? Thanks for your assistance, btw!
I just figured it out, I was in Simple Mode of Game Maker and had to switch to Advanced Mode. You can switch under File up in the top left, in case anyone else comes across this issue in the future. :)
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

First of all, by request and recommendation of the Sprites INC chat, Bloo and Blackmore_Darkwing from Sprites INC will judge for this contest!

Second of all, here is a new video tutorial on how to get your level ready for submission.

Thirdly, I've decided the due date will be February 18th, one month from this post.

Fourthly, I've been informed that exporting objects is very broken in Game Maker. I'll be updating the OP with new directions for giving me your added resources (minus rooms) shortly.

Finally, the devkit has been updated. Just redownload it from the link you got in your PM.

Changelog:
- Fixed Screw Bomber issues
- Fixed misalignment of Mega Man's shooting animation
- Sped up Rush Jet slightly
- Fixed the Thunder Wool barrier not reacting to the cloud
- Fixed an instance where you could get stuck in the debug room
- Fixed getting killed by the solid half of the Napalm Man drills
- Added the Wind Man pandas as a new enemy
Last edited by snoruntpyro 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Okay, so I will try to download it and test around with it a bit. If I feel like I am able to somehow build something neat (currently doubatble but hey... maybe I'll be surprised) then I'll submit it.

I have quite a few tests for university in the upcoming weeks with the final test on Febrary the 15th. So no promises whatsoever. But I'll see what I can do.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
saturnyoshi
Howdy!
First name: Gus

Post by saturnyoshi »

I've got a few years of experience in GML, so why not?
Just wondering, will a version of the engine be available for GameMaker: Studio? I don't think it makes much sense to use GM8, seeing as the free version is missing a ton of features, and the full version of GM:S is free anyway.
LBuncleJoe
Video games sure are!
First name: Dustin
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by LBuncleJoe »

Hey, i'm interested in giving this a try. Sign me up!
qazcake
A cake masquerading as a burger
First name: qaz

Re: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (MaGMML)! Signups Open, Levels Due Feb. 14!

Post by qazcake »

Been needing some experience with gml and game maker so sure i want to attempt to do this.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Pyro wrote:First of all, by request and recommendation of the Sprites INC chat, Bloo and Blackmore_Darkwing from Sprites INC will judge for this contest! There's room for one more judge as well, so if any of you want to judge, just ask in the thread.
Oh, yes please. I absolutely love Mega Man, and it would be such a treat to be able to judge.

(Also I'm also pretty sure I've played enough Mega Man to act as a competent judge, which is probably also important)
I don't really get it but okay
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Re: Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest (MaGMML)! Signups Open, Levels Due Feb. 14!

Post by snoruntpyro »

cheez8 wrote: Oh, yes please. I absolutely love Mega Man, and it would be such a treat to be able to judge.

(Also I'm also pretty sure I've played enough Mega Man to act as a competent judge, which is probably also important)
AGH DANGIT I FEEL BAD AGAIN ;-; I actually got the last judge I needed right after I made that post, and I forgot to edit the 'we need one more judge' part out...super sorry!!!
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

It's okay. I think this contest is way too stressful for me with, uh, the amount of entries and also the rest of the judge lineup. I'm getting really anxious about it and I'd be much happier to let have qaz judge instead of me
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Oh um, welp...
cheez8 wrote:.
You up for judging, then?
Gyra Solune
the feared barbarian

Post by Gyra Solune »

oh jeez oh man i wanted to do this but am only now present, give me the stuff and i will hash something together that's probably short and maybe hard-ish considering i'm marginally better at mega man maybe than i am at smbx
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I might try this maybe
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Pyro wrote:You up for judging, then?
Yes please

(not sure how I missed that ping for so long)
I don't really get it but okay
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

New (and hopefully final) devkit update! Sorry for adding in these features late, a super secret thing has popped up and I needed to add some stuff in. Again, just reuse the link I gave in PM.

Changelog:
- Added MMX-style vertical scrolling! (camera_setup_vertical)
- Added a few new enemies - Giree (MM5), New Shotman (MM3), Jamacy (MM3), Hologran (MM3), Sniper Mech (MM2), and Super Cutter (MM1).
- Added three new stage elements - shaking rock platforms (MMIV), melting ice blocks (MMI), and time bombs.
- Added bolts, to be used in a future shop.
- Tweaked the pause menu slightly.
- Fixed the Sparkman platforms.
- Fixed weapon colors not updating during screen transitions.
- Fixed incorrect colors for the Top Spin animation.
- Fixed bugs relating to the level exit object.
Penguin Emperor

Ummm... are our levels due Feb 14 or Feb 18? Your post said 18 originally, but the thread clearly says 14. 18 would be SOOOOO much better so we can have President's Day Weekend to finish things up if needed.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Penguin Emperor wrote:Ummm... are our levels due Feb 14 or Feb 18? Your post said 18 originally, but the thread clearly says 14. 18 would be SOOOOO much better so we can have President's Day Weekend to finish things up if needed.
LOL I'M STUPID HAHAHAHAHAHA

I meant 18th. NO idea why I put 14th...