(shouting)

Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
metasomnia?
butts

Re: Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

Post by metasomnia? »

Following the crowd:

Name: Comes from a period in 2013 where I overslept frequently

Avatar: A cacnea and maractus together being cute. I don't know what they're actually doing, but I wanted them as a palette cleanser to all the superman face meme pokemon

Signature: A spoiler usually containing a screenshot from my current game, or sometimes random happenings; My backloggery update; And a userbar from the second Rando Pokemon Tourney of pholtos's

Flair: Changes fairly often; Currently it's an expression of joy from last night's OJ party
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

using your screenshot as my only experience with 100%OJ, i'll call it mario party but with animes
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Ivy wrote:using your screenshot as my only experience with 100%OJ, i'll call it mario party but with animes
That's basically it, but they're technically characters from other games made by the same company.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Oh, one more thing: since I conveniently co-won Best Avatar, I linked the userbar to a rotation of avatars I used in talkhaus.
Bedlam
mega cool super
First name: [insert word]lam
Pronouns: guy/man/bob.

Post by Bedlam »

Name: Quite a recent development, actually. I've been wanting to ditch an old moniker from my early Internet days, as it carried a lot of really bad, cringe-y things not excluding a YouTube channel where I played newgrounds flash games with no audio and a really, really shitty deviant art from when I was 13 or so. I tried a bunch of different things at first, Basatan, Generic Shounen Protagonist (G.S.P.), Beefshank, and the list goes on. I had originally planned to be called Bedlam Genesis since that name sounds awesome, but that's kinda already a thing so I just went with Bedlam. Also, Bedlam works pretty well considering how wordy I am. Look at this here post!

Avatar: I love Monster Hunter, Nargy in particular. This is one of my favourite pictures of one ever, tied with a nargacuga in a suit which I may use sometimes. Also, how could you not love this dopey smile

Signature: How could I resist something this dandy.

Also, flair: Changes to a different non-sequitur every other day, when I get bored of the current one or want to play the forum game again.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Lunatic Quark wrote:"Quark" sounded cool and sciency so I went with it.
Fun fact: "Quark" in German means curd.
You're awesome.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Jayoshi wrote:MMXV
So they skipped Mega Man 11-14?
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Telamon wrote:
Jayoshi wrote:MMXV
So they skipped Mega Man 11-14?
yeah they all kinda sucked
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

My avatar is now Almond from cucumber quest. This is my absolute favorite shot in the entire comic as of yet.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

Name: Peliptia, (Pronounced; Peh-lip-she-uh) was born out of me being silly and obsessed with language, which lead me to playing around with different combinations of English digraphs. I've always thought that the English -tia being pronounced with "sh" was the most out-of-place thing, so I used it in my name!

Avatar: Taken from my Tumblr account, under the same name. No story there.

Signature: Okay, so the first circle badge-thing came from me saying, "Oh, I want a sort of feminist, equalist, pride, gender equality, image-- let's do pixel art!" Uh the second image is a face, from my gift to raocow last Christmas, which my sibling painstakingly cut out a screenshot from the video and I cleaned up, because I never actually photographed the little silly face before sending it off (Soo, raocow if you still have the face, it would be super super amazing to ever get a picture of it! Not that I see that happening (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖ )

Uh and the banner is pretty self explanatory... people are far too nice to me. That's the story.

ano0maly wrote:Allen Walker from D.Gray-man! With Timcanpy.
Aww~! I adore Allen Walker (´,,•ω•,,)♡ He's the best, as is Tim! Both are adorable
ImageImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

i will always pronounce your name pe lip tchee uh, and nobody can stop me
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

i was named by my sister, my avatar is the best/second best character from panel de pon, and kapus is a sweetie

pyon
Pyon!
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

Ivy wrote:i will always pronounce your name pe lip tchee uh, and nobody can stop me
hehe~ how do you even say "tchee"? I don't know if it ever comes up in English but I struggle putting a t sound close to a ch sound (‘-’*) it's a lot to ask but is there a word I can look of the pronunciation to that has it?? lol

Medley, did your sister like create your account or just gave you the idea for the name?? OR! Did she name you at birth, which would be kinda bizarre (*≧▽≦)ノシ))
ImageImage
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Bedlam
mega cool super
First name: [insert word]lam
Pronouns: guy/man/bob.

Post by Bedlam »

I found this new avatar on Pixiv.

I love it.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Samus Aran, in honor of Another Metroid 2 Remake.
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

This is something I made for my LP channel icon, since it uses a different name.

Hooray
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

I plagiarized my avatar from CM Punk's Straight Edge Society wrestling stable. I did this because I'm an anti-drug advocate myself (the hardest thing I've ever done is caffeine, and I haven't had caffeine or soda in over two and a half years now).
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
PikaFlare
The sunlight is harsh....

Post by PikaFlare »

I got the name from the Pokegod of the same name. My profile pic was drawn by a friend of mine (since I can't draw to save my life).
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

So, I found this thread when going through old posts, so I thought I'd revive it to explain my current Username+Avatar+Signature.

A few months ago, I had a boyfriend across the internet. It wasn't really the proudest thing I had ever done (particularly being a long distance internet relationship), but I enjoyed the time with him I had. We both shared a passion for Asia in general, as well as a disdain for the common obsession with Japanese culture. At one point, we were both really focused on Chinese, and I came up with the name 紅狼 ("Hóng Láng", meaning "Red Wolf") for myself, since Canis Rufus is the species of my fursona (yes, I'm a furry). I talked with my boyfriend about having a common Chinese surname, so one day we picked out 查 (Zhā) together, after a bit of talking. I'm a little ashamed of the reasoning he picked this particular surname now that I look back on it:

"I chose Zha since it's a homophone for 'suddenly' and the implication is we're men of action."

Because he completely didn't take into account what the actual meaning of the word was ¬_¬. It's not really that bad, it just means "check" or "investigate", which the word is used for much more often than a surname apparently. Guess that's the price we pay for not using a more common surname.

Even though we're no longer in a relationship, I kept the Chinese name because he means a lot to me. However I also decided to update other websites which didn't use that name yet, using the pinyin for the characters since it's easier for most people to type. But my avatar uses the characters proper, since I felt like they needed to be displayed at least somewhere.

Backstory!
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Coryman »

So let me get this straight: the literal meaning of your chosen surname is check or investigate, but you forgot to check what it was before using it?
I think the irony in there is reason enough to keep it
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

Tails_155 made mine for me.
He took the Ganon sprite from ALttP and added a top hat and monacle.
It's one of my favourite avatars I use. :mrgreen:
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

Megumin from Konosuba, my favorite character from that show.
"That's embarrassing"
Nabmeonr890
shuba
First name: Zander

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

As for my name:

My avatar is just an edited picture from this series of pics where Azusa is drawn to imitate some cat photos. I just cropped one and edited a friend's face on her.
unban me from smwcentral plzkthx
also wew lad
Dr. Mechano
Hooked on the Brothers

Post by Dr. Mechano »

Name's from a character in a game I'm working on.

Avatar is from the excellent Super Mario Adventures comic. Definitely one of the best non-game adaptations of the Mario series in my opinion.