(shouting)

So I had a dream last night...

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
momo

Re: So I had a dream last night...

Post by momo »

I had a good dream last night.
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

When I do dream, I almost always have completely non-sequitur, crazy nothings dreams~! Haha~ and last night was no exception, it was like a Disney film or something, I was in a dessert world of food and giant scoops of ice-cream. I was like a magic wielder, there was a living gummy bear that we called Gimli and we had to go to a fortress of wafer biscuits. 。゚(TヮT)゚。 it was madness!
ImageImage
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

Peliptia wrote:When I do dream, I almost always have completely non-sequitur, crazy nothings dreams~! Haha~ and last night was no exception, it was like a Disney film or something, I was in a dessert world of food and giant scoops of ice-cream. I was like a magic wielder, there was a living gummy bear that we called Gimli and we had to go to a fortress of wafer biscuits. 。゚(TヮT)゚。 it was madness!
Your dreams sound fun!
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

This was a few nights ago, and I just remembered.

So I was watching a trailer for Tetris the Movie, and it actually looked pretty good
PRETTY WEIRD STUFF, HUH?
Anyway, all I remember specifically about it were a myriad of the blocks coming together in space near the Earth, and forming two half-spheres that were slowly joining. Then, a bunch of energy started eminating from the space between them, and from that out came the Tetris logo.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:Anyway, all I remember specifically about it were a myriad of the blocks coming together in space near the Earth, and forming two half-spheres that were slowly joining. Then, a bunch of energy started eminating from the space between them, and from that out came the Tetris logo.
that sounds frickin amazing this needs to be a thing soMEONE MAKE THIS A THING
momo

Post by momo »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:This was a few nights ago, and I just remembered.

So I was watching a trailer for Tetris the Movie, and it actually looked pretty good
PRETTY WEIRD STUFF, HUH?
Anyway, all I remember specifically about it were a myriad of the blocks coming together in space near the Earth, and forming two half-spheres that were slowly joining. Then, a bunch of energy started eminating from the space between them, and from that out came the Tetris logo.
you're going to give adam sandler ideas for a second pixels movie
Bedlam
mega cool super
First name: [insert word]lam
Pronouns: guy/man/bob.

Post by Bedlam »

I had a dream about having a fistfight with a buff dude, but since punching in dreams is kinda a hard thing to do, I was mostly glaring angrily and shouting at him, and he got scared and ran away.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

i was on a picnic date with someone who 1) i haven't seen in 3 years and 2) i would never go on a date with because it's just a bad idea. we were in this park, and at some point, for some reason a giant crocodile attacked us and the other people in the area. it then went back for me, grabbed me by the leg, and dragged me a long way through a small town landscape, all while i remarked on how what's happening is such a stupid movie.

i woke up when the crocodile stuck its leg in my mouth and i tasted mud
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

I dreamt my sister was diagnosed with something called "One Punch Syndrome," and all I could think was "I can't wait to tell raocow about this!"
momo

Post by momo »

i had a dream that i was working at my old job at mcdonald's in arizona except i was paid in caramel sundaes.
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

i had a dream where a2xt ep 2 was cancelled and instead they made a3xt, but it turned out to be a weird fanfiction about the development of a2xt.
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

freakin whatzit wrote:i had a dream where a2xt ep 2 was cancelled and instead they made a3xt, but it turned out to be a weird fanfiction about the development of a2xt.
this is distressingly plausible.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

I had a dream that in my front lawn there were plants that I thought were pineapple.
They were absolutely huge.
They looked like hand that were flipping the bird except each finger was rltwo fingers twisted together.
Thanks, Guacamelee!
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
No Lynch

Post by No Lynch »

I had a dream a few days ago in which I was playing a game that was similar to BIONICLE Glatorian Arena, but it had 3D models of sets from all over the BIONICLE product line and not just the 2009 Glatorian sets. The primary examples in the dream were Toa Inika Jaller and Nuparu duking it out.
Ocelot
cryogonals are rad
First name: snake
Pronouns: male

Post by Ocelot »

Guess who had a dream with some talkhausers in it last night? This guy.
Okay so we were all pretty much seniors in some preppy rich private school, which was pretty hilarious.
I can't remember how everyone looked because I woke up pretty suddenly but I do recall some stuff.
Pichu looked like she and a pichu had had an accident in the USS Enterprise beaming bay.
Enjl had orange hair and cuts class a lot. (STAY IN SCHOOL KIDS)
Skykit had neon colored hair. Raver hair.
Salmon was a teacher. Thanks, dad.
Metasomnia was the emo kid.
Pholtos had pink hair, and was pretty much the spitting image of a magical girl.
Zyglrox was the teacher who tries to connect with the students by being 'hip'.
Latitude was a bat person.
Horikawa was the preppy girl. (Preppikawa, as it was termed in Skypehaus.)
Duvi was a hip surfer dude. (Gnarly.)
At the end of the dream we all graduated. Zyglrox cried.
...and there was a lot of cats everywhere.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

that sounds like the most accurate depiction of the skypehaus ive ever heard
ImageImageImage
momo

Post by momo »

i had a dream last night .w.
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

was it a good dream

:3c
Pyon!
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

I'm a bit frustrated because I know I've been having some dreams lately (fairly monotonous though), that although I vaguely recall after waking up, minutes later or when I try to recall it to tell other people I have absolutely no recollection. maybe I should start keeping a dream journal next to my bed, I heard that helps with lucid dreaming too
momo

Post by momo »

Medley wrote:was it a good dream

:3c
>w>
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

A few nights ago I had a dream where Sheikh had a job interview so he (yes, it was specified that he was a 16-year old boy) dressed up in a business suit, while still wearing the mask and everything. Later it turned out he was in the Avengers.
No Lynch

Post by No Lynch »

So my dream featured me waiting at my school bus stop in the morning, with other people who were also at the bus stop were mad at me for some reason, which I think was just me standing there.

Also, cars were crashing into each other on the road.
Violently.
With explosive sparks.
PlatinumTriforce
Professional Profanity Practitioner
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by PlatinumTriforce »

So today after I got back from class I decided to take a nap, which isn't unusual for me, but I had a really brief dream-turned-nightmare within the 10 minutes that I was asleep:

I was standing on an asphalt hill and managed to step into a red ant hill (something that's virtually nonexistent where I live now but all-too-common where I used to live), so I quickly stepped off of it. But in doing so I somehow managed to start sliding down the slope and off of a short cliff that led to an absolutely gigantic ant hill which I then proceeded to get stuck in up to my waist. For some reason the dirt was a deadly combination of quicksand and an ant colony because soon after falling into it, I noticed it was wet as if it had just rained and then I started to sink deeper down while ants began to pour out like wildfire. At this point I got really afraid and panicked, but somehow realized that it was all a dream really quickly (I was probably either half-asleep or barely into the sleep cycle) and forced myself to wake up (but couldn't move for a few seconds after I regained consciousness).

Normally after I have dreams like this, I need to calm myself down afterwards, but found that I was completely calm when I woke up and was able to get back to sleep no problem. But now I'm thinking about how horrific and terrifying it would be to be in that situation in real life and if there would really be any good way to get out of it alive. Maybe it would make for a good horror movie death or something, I don't know.
peteyboo wrote:Platinum vs. raocow vs. myself triple battle at the same time

48 hours straight of Hyper VII. Whoever beats it first wins!
I love it.

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Well this one freaked me out for a while.

After some shenanigans which I can't really remember, I walk around the main road of Pensacola Beach at night for a while. I'm just walking down one way, turning back, walking down the other, right on the street, looking for the Steak n' Shake where my parents are having dinner. I finally find it after a couple of zigzags, and I sit down at the restaurant.

The restaurant is already starting to look like how I frequently remember dreams looking: mostly untextured, white, with a foggy filter around everything except the people I'm interacting with.

We're in a booth, and my dad has already ordered an incredibly subpar cheeseburger for me. I eat it out of social awkwardness. Also, there's some big dude that I don't recognize sitting in between me and my mom. I don't understand it, and nobody mentions it.

My parents get up. I'm sitting there with large-man-I-do-not-recognize. I start pushing against him, trying to get him to wake up, and it's doing the whole "moving much more slowly than you intend to because you're in a dream and being resisted by your bed" thing.

I wake up and get out of bed. I walk to the stairs and go down. Mom says not to step on the floor yet, since she just mopped. I'm still in the process of walking down the stairs and tap my foot on the floor just as she tells me this. Feel a splash and go back up. My dad says something like "oh, the dog doesn't care, there she goes".

I feel a shock, go lightheaded, and have to brace against the rail. My dog died three years ago.

She walks out from around the corner, healthy as ever. As I focus on her, she's masked out from a glowing background of either cream or lime green, with white spots with faded edges floating around. I close my eyes and look back towards the kitchen and everything looks normal. Look at the dog again, and the same visual effect happens.

I say "you guys? This isn't right. The dog's here, but she's gone."
My dad: "There [name] goes again, talking to the clouds."
My mom: "Oh, he's always talking to the clouds."
Me, shouting now: "What's going on?! Why am I here?! Why is the dog here?! This isn't right!" I start shaking the banister, and banging on the walls.
My dad: "He keeps on talking to the clouds." (He says it with a tone that sounds like he's smirking, rolling his eyes)

The dog approaches the stairs, and I reflexively try to pet her, still trying to get my parents to answer me. She runs right past, healthy as ever, completely ignoring me. (As I look at her, the masking thing happens again)

I look at the wall and think, "What do they mean "looking at the clouds"?" (yes it changed there) "Why are they saying I'm looking at the clouds?"

I close my eyes, open them, and am still looking at the wall. I still hear my parents talking.

It takes a few seconds and two or three distinct thoughts to realize that I'm in college, so I shouldn't even be at home. The voices fade. I turn my head, look at the window of my dorm, and see that I'm already awake.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

In the past two weeks, I've woken up in a dreamy daze thinking I was in Vietnam when I was in America, and another morning thinking I was in America when I was in Vietnam

go team waking-up-and-don't-exactly-know-where-you-are!
(Formerly Jayoshi)