(shouting)

Turnip sketches: actually pixels

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Re: Turnip sketches: meow

Post by sonicspin »

yes
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I have never gotten close to winning any race of Thundersnail, to answer that question.

Accurate depiction of how the Internet makes me feel every single day.
To quote what people online say for some reason: it me.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

TaviTurnip wrote:Accurate depiction of how the Internet makes me feel every single day.
Draw a mixture of anger and disgust, and that's me almost every day... even without the internet.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

ZephyrBurst wrote:Draw a mixture of anger and disgust, and that's me almost every day... even without the internet.
The Internet is full of buttheads, don't come here.

v On the subject of me failing at a lowered head perspective and just drawing really badly v

v On the subject of archers that should be wearing thick leather pants but aren't v

v On the subject of [Undertale things with a standard content warning] v

v On the subject of idiots fighting with their best friends v

Not featured: several butts, some other body parts, a fairy, and accidental tiger stripes.
I miss doing pixel art but I just can't get my head into it these days. I know you guys would way prefer that.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
momo

Post by momo »

pixel art is nice, but seeing you improve after every draw is something else
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

Not featured: several butts
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Rusbojis wrote:pixel art is nice, but seeing you improve after every draw is something else
I appreciate it, but it's hard not to want to do things that appeal to the people around me. It's hard to explain but as much as I do my best art when it's all for myself, I always "want" to do art that people would like instead.

Also I will probably not be posting in any threads but this one for a while; Christmas makes me hateful and reclusive but I always want to post art.

I have no idea why this happened, though `~`
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I find Pokemon hard to draw sometimes. Thee is usuaööy a very specific ways they should look like, as people are used to seeing them.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Willhart wrote:I find Pokemon hard to draw sometimes. Thee is usuaööy a very specific ways they should look like, as people are used to seeing them.
I'm really bad at critters in general :x When I was more frequently into MLP art I got the hang of non-humans quite well, but that was back during pixel art and I haven't really tried it much on paper because I'm focusing on humans right now and that's what I'm enjoying. I envy artists who can draw critters and Pokémon and stuff like it's nothing >_>

Also I haven't drawn anything work-safe since Nidorina so probably no updates again in 2015 :T I've been considering offering if people who want to see the, uhm, other stuff, to just poke me in PM or Skype, since I guess that would be the best way if the interest was there. nvm lol
Last edited by TaviTurnip 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Re: Turnip sketches: maw

Post by TaviTurnip »

OH MAN I DREW SOMETHING WORK SAFE

Pokémon stuff, because I felt like it but I had no good ideas and then I ran out of space to do a Nidorina somewhere.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Perspective is hard but I feel like I learned things.
Thread title actually relevant once more.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Re: Turnip sketches: short dumb comic

Post by TaviTurnip »

The following comic will make no sense out of context and just look like cutesy nonsense. It makes sense to the person I drew it for, and it was mostly made for the sake of practice and because I had a friend encouraging me to use comics as an outlet for practicing poses/ideas/zoom/such. Also me testing out the flash on my phone camera.
ImageImageImage

Chaoxys is being crazy inspirational right now so I MIGHT ACTUALLY return to doing a pixel thing or two soon. I know, crazy.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Re: Turnip sketches: short dumb comic

Post by Chaoxys »

TaviTurnip wrote:Chaoxys is being crazy inspirational right now so I MIGHT ACTUALLY return to doing a pixel thing or two soon. I know, crazy.
Oops, my bad.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Re: Jerk sketches: fart

Post by TaviTurnip »

Looks like I didn't find the energy to do sprites yet. But a bunch of squidkids happened.
v Fairies v

v Squids and/or kids v

woomy
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

good thing squid kids don't have bones because binding with tape or bandages can actually seriously mess up your back and your spine and leave you with chronic pain I hope they use proper binder safety for their species
:nb_pride:
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

TaviTurnip wrote:Looks like I didn't find the energy to do sprites yet...
v Fairies v
I'm getting contradictory messages here. Image
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

i love the posing of the arts ♥
its so dynamic and makes all the pieces unique~♫

keep doing the things! :D
ImageImageImage
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I think 'Six' looks particularly good; the pose and anatomy are pretty solid and appealing! (admittedly that lower foot's angle may be off but still, nice)

[ispoiler]Considering how often you seem to like telling everyone that you also draw lewds, this is probably a pointless critique (and/or just my personal preference); but my personal opinion is that one really doesn't need to define/detail breasts so much unless they're actually sizable enough to demand it? I think leaving out curves in the center region makes things cleaner and more streamlined and doesn't draw so much attention. Just using the most recent examples: that catgirl(?) in the comic and Susie the inkling have both breasts fully defined, which probably shouldn't be the case unless they're wearing super skintight/form-fitting outfits, and Six's breasts are small enough that there's no reason for them to be?

Feel free to ignore me if you so desire.
[/ispoiler]
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Six looks like she's breaking out of something or... powering up! swirlybomb there is right, the lower foot's angle is a bit off.

Overall, your art is looking better all the time.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Thanks, but I don't expect to be posting art here again in the future... not after last month. It wouldn't really feel right to do so.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Re: Turnip sketches: ANIME

Post by TaviTurnip »

Someone told me I should do it anyways so I guess here I guess.
Coming to a GameStop near you.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

The one on the bottom-left has a symbol/tattoo like thing near her thigh. (Is that what that is?)

I like the top one the most of these. :3 <- Because it's a cat.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

ZephyrBurst wrote:The one on the bottom-left has a symbol/tattoo like thing near her thigh. (Is that what that is?)
That is Nadine's special fancy family wind rune and he uses it to make fancy special wind magic :T And it's an excuse for me to draw his belly.

I still draw apparently.

Twitchplayspokemon-related fan stuff [5x images]

[link] Shodily-made height chart based on the same seven people as my last post.
Individual versions [7x images]

I've been drawing more loosely and sketchily lately so the lines are a lot brighter and phone/scanner have a hard time picking them up :\
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Hello, I'm completely a lay person when it comes to art. As Ocelot would say "You're pretty good." I did glance at your DA as well.

I think that your height comparison line-up is actually a pretty neat. One thing that bothers me a little is that they have a lot of similarities in body frame's and hairstyles. They tend to have really narrow rib upper bodies with slightly wider hips to accentuate curves around the waist. I think you could play around with the character designs some and add some variety to this lineup.
On this topic of body frame's, the male inkling in an older piece has what is typically a more feminine frame.

I think it was pointed out earlier, but one thing that bothers me is that you have this "sports bra" effect on quite a few pieces of clothing where a character's bust is emphasized but sometimes on clothes where it doesn't make sense. At the same time I would think rather rare that a piece of clothing does get pulled down into a woman's sternum like that.

It's pretty daring and tricky to play around with those reverse knee goat-folk. I would say that the femur, the portion of the leg between the hip and the knee, Is far too short. But at the same time, the shortened femur is correct for a goat leg.
A goat leg itself has an extended and fused metatarsals the "back knee" of a goat leg is actually synonymous with a human's heel bone, iirc. I think it might help to look at the anatomy of goat legs or other folk's satyr's, cause they are a bit strange.

I'd suggest working around with the satyr legs some more at the same time play around with the frames of the characters, At the same time hands are the bane of many artists working on those would help you.

But I'm just a lay person on art. So take my advice as someone who is not experienced, and who could very well not know what he is talking about.
Keep at it though! Your pixel art is quite nice and the big purple bird man is quite good.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Zummorr wrote:Stuff.
Oh man um let's see, I have various flavored responses to this...

In general as a whole on the body shape + breasts thing, I'm undergoing a lot of practice/learning/such, trying to refine what I'm doing more and more so I can learn how to draw different sized chests and shoulders and what-have-you. The height chart is a pretty bad overall showing because I consider most satyrs of any gender hippy, and I also made a couple mistakes like accidentally giving Tavi somewhat narrow(er than usual) shoulders due to the pose. But in general, sexiness in art is my goal and I'm not shying away from the fact that, to put it bluntly, I wanna draw hot people. And to that end I'm not afraid to somewhat sports bra-ify the subjects of my art :P I am still trying to find the balance and I'm very inconsistent (see uh, Alier or Merlyn, versus Tavi literally having her top vacuum sealed) but I'm just not worried about making exaggerated and variously unrealistic things. (Also, as someone who has researched way too many real everyday people for art, a surprising number of women's breasts really do just hang out of their clothes, sternum suction aside because obviously not that.)

I am also aware that talkhaus is not a good target audience for overly sexy art, which is why I don't post it here, but tl;dr I am okay with drawing animu boys and grillz whose bodies protrude from their clothing.

On the satyr legs thing, it's basically a similar story in that I'm trying to learn over time. I think I said this in the past but if I do something bad in one drawing here or there, my method is to note it for next time rather than stressing over it, and I've gotten way better at correcting things mid-process than I used to be, but right now drawing those three's legs from different angles is actually something I'm struggling with. It's hard to depict their legs from a viewer-facing angle but then also from a side angle, without the benefit of being something like a 3D model with a camera, sometimes my mind's eye is just like "lol I have no idea what this should look like xd" and I'm like whatever. At the same time, like I'm just not 100% concerned with it being perfectly accurate realistic mumbo wumbo. Realistically a tall satyr with a high waist would have very long legs that protrude far back (like [seen here]) but I'm just not interested in depicting them that way :P There is room for improvement on their legs but I am not going to go as far as to give them the whole Z/lightning bolt shape. The practice will come as it comes.

Also just to reiterate, I am very inconsistent :1