(shouting)

the Official NFL thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Bean
Yep.

Re: the Official NFL thread

Post by Bean »

pholtos wrote:Totally called it.
Didn't bother watching once Gurley was ruled inactive. I'm glad they held him out so he didn't wind up with a bigger injury, but I knew that would be the reason the team failed to reach 8-8 for the 9th straight season. Good going. Meanwhile, the guy that beat our pathetic head coach was fired. Rams fans are stuck with a bad owner and coach. Hooray...
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Bean wrote:Rams fans are stuck with a bad owner and coach. Hooray...
I've been patient but I might just drop the team as a fan.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
PlatinumTriforce
Professional Profanity Practitioner
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by PlatinumTriforce »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14505 ... relocation

Holy crap, suddenly a certain city is really desirable to play for.
peteyboo wrote:Platinum vs. raocow vs. myself triple battle at the same time

48 hours straight of Hyper VII. Whoever beats it first wins!
I love it.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

All three had a deadline that was approaching to do this. I wonder if St. Louis will get screwed again like they did with the Cardinals and a terrible owner when I was still a wee little Bean in the mid-80s.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

The Rams owner is a butt.

For many reasons. Fire the coach already.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And Kroenke tried to bury the city of St. Louis in his proposal to move the team to Los Angeles. What a schmuck.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Bean wrote:And Kroenke tried to bury the city of St. Louis in his proposal to move the team to Los Angeles. What a schmuck.
Move em to Canada just for you
That crazy voice dude
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Forgot to mention I dislike LA sports teams in general so the Rams would go from the team I root for to potentially my most hated nfl team simply by moving there if they do.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

PlatinumTriforce

pholtos wrote:Forgot to mention I dislike LA sports teams in general so the Rams would go from the team I root for to potentially my most hated nfl team simply by moving there if they do.
...even though they played there in the past? Whatchu got against LA? :?

Now that I think about it, why is it that I have yet to find someone who likes LA teams? Is there something I'm missing here? Whatever. I guess I'm alone in being excited at the prospect of finally having an NFL team.

I love it.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Because Los Angeles fans are the #1 example of having a front-running fan base. Once their teams start showing a single sign of being a losing product, the fans stop showing up. They're notorious for leaving Dodgers games in the 7th inning. And when it comes to football, how many chances should one city get? They keep blowing it.

In St. Louis' case, they're about to be screwed over by their second owner. Bill Bidwill not only hightailed it out of here in the mid-80s, but then he had the audacity to block the city from getting an expansion team in '93 (Carolina and freaking Jacksonville won out). Turned out fine when the Rams moved here for the first twelve seasons, but when you play as inept a game as the Rams have had for as long as they have, you are not going to have people show up as much. Los Angeles would dump the Rams before their non-winning season streak reached three, let alone the twelve it is here now.
PlatinumTriforce

Bean wrote:Because Los Angeles fans are the #1 example of having a front-running fan base. Once their teams start showing a single sign of being a losing product, the fans stop showing up. They're notorious for leaving Dodgers games in the 7th inning.
I can understand this gripe, I've definitely heard about that happening many times. But personally I've tried to stay true to teams I like, and recently I've been noticing that more LA fans are doing that as well.
Bean wrote:And when it comes to football, how many chances should one city get? They keep blowing it.
I would think that's more the fault of the city than that of the fans. Honestly, if a team came here and then fell apart again, I'd be just as disappointed as everyone else. I just want to see football actually function in LA for a change.

Maybe I shouldn't have brought this up/voiced my opinion on it, because I feel like I'm pissing you guys off. If I am, I apologize, I don't mean anything against St. Louis, I just kinda want an NFL team in my lifetime.

I love it.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Don't worry about it. I'm more annoyed with the owner and the commissioner that will probably allow this to happen even though the city of St. Louis is proposing to do the unthinkable and build two stadiums for football within 25 years of each other. I don't think that's a smart move in the grand scheme of things, but at the same time, leaving for what I don't think would be a great market no matter who goes there is silly, too.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

So no home team has won in the playoffs so far :/ also that Bengals Steelers game was exciting up until some Bengal players decided they'd rather be thugs than help the team win. And seeing Blair Walsh shank that game winning field goal for the Vikings reminded me of his UGA days lol
That crazy voice dude
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That game and the news about the fix being in against St. Louis pretty much sealed the deal on me giving up the sport for the rest of the season at the very least. Garbage football and garbage Goodell.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

Bean wrote:That game and the news about the fix being in against St. Louis pretty much sealed the deal on me giving up the sport for the rest of the season at the very least. Garbage football and garbage Goodell.
Root for a team that hasn't won it all.
That crazy voice dude
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

But I heard they lost today to a team I'm not supposed to like (I know you mean the Falcons. One day, man. One day...).
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

Bean wrote:But I heard they lost today to a team I'm not supposed to like (I know you mean the Falcons. One day, man. One day...).
I can only dream. I can't root for the Panthers after they disrespected us this season, so I'll root for KC or Arizona
That crazy voice dude
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Pretty sure Kansas City won a Super Bowl before. I want to say one of the really early ones like IV.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

Way before my time then. I don't want NE, Pittsburgh, or Seattle to win
That crazy voice dude
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

lol, redskins lost
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Looks like two teams might be headed to LA, where they will fail once again and then move again probably.

So uhh... what team should I root for now?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I won't be rooting for any team and will be done with the league. They have 100% screwed St. Louis over for the second time in my life.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So much for being an NFL fan. They just took away the Rams, the only team I ever really watched in the NFL, even though they were absolutely terrible for the majority of it.

The owner is a jerk who only bought the team to make a huge profit, not to improve the team.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

:'( sorry you guys lost your team. You're gladly welcome to join my fan base (I swear we have the worst fans, so I need some good ones)
That crazy voice dude
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

After the smug looks from the NFL stooges and Stan stumbling his way through non-answers when grilled by local reporters, no way. I'm done with the league for good even if they ever do try coming back down the road.