(shouting)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Post by Ivy »

i'm a horrible person. i used cheat engine to beat greed mode with the lost. maybe some day in the future, i will do it legitimately. the last legit run ended about halfway through greed's super mega HP bar.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Ivy wrote:i'm a horrible person. i used cheat engine to beat greed mode with the lost. maybe some day in the future, i will do it legitimately. the last legit run ended about halfway through greed's super mega HP bar.
I think their health scales with the player's damage or something.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Willhart wrote:
Ivy wrote:i'm a horrible person. i used cheat engine to beat greed mode with the lost. maybe some day in the future, i will do it legitimately. the last legit run ended about halfway through greed's super mega HP bar.
I think their health scales with the player's damage or something.
yeah, i was doing upwards of 3000+ damage per tick because of godhead (thanks spidermod buddy), and it was making rather normal progress on his health bar.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Just got past Hush as Isaac, and there's an ending attached now. Granted, it's an Isaac ending, meaning it explains literally nothing, but still. Had an interesting set of items that led to a bizzare setup. Ludovico Technique + Soy Milk + Fruit Cake meant that I had a single tear to move around the room that constantly switched between different tear types, including an exploding tear. This meant it would reset next to me pretty much every time I hit something with it, since it would cycle between tear types so quickly that it would almost always explode. I added Lost Contact and Holy Light in later, making it even better. It wasn't broken by any means, but it was super interesting. It's a shame the game doesn't give you these neat synergies nearly as often as it should.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

sedron wrote:
Just got past Hush as Isaac, and there's an ending attached now. Granted, it's an Isaac ending, meaning it explains literally nothing, but still. Had an interesting set of items that led to a bizzare setup. Ludovico Technique + Soy Milk + Fruit Cake meant that I had a single tear to move around the room that constantly switched between different tear types, including an exploding tear. This meant it would reset next to me pretty much every time I hit something with it, since it would cycle between tear types so quickly that it would almost always explode. I added Lost Contact and Holy Light in later, making it even better. It wasn't broken by any means, but it was super interesting. It's a shame the game doesn't give you these neat synergies nearly as often as it should.
i lost a bunch of hearts trying to sass Hush's first form as isaac in a noobish attempt to lower its scaled HP. if i hadn't done this, i would have easily won. oh well

in other news, i got a neat Lost run with the Wiz, Tiny Planet, and Brimstone which ended in some lame way that i forgot but was inevitable because of lack of holy mantle / nine lives.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Another patch is out.

Azazel is still not fixed.

But some other bugs have been fixed, the Death's Touch and Multidimensional animations have been improved, and Greed Mode's final boss has been made much tougher. Also Monstro no longer shows up in the pre-final boss room, but is replaced by two Super Deadly Sins.

The current thought on how to unlock new material is that if enough players in the community max out the Greed Machine, something will happen. Edmund's been tweeting a bunch of cryptic hints that all seem to refer to people being "generous", and has said that a "social experiment" is in progress.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

raocow wrote:ping
what are your thoughts on this game, buddy
you seem to be having a jolly good time but it's all hidden away and secret from everyone...
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

So, I just got the "Everything is Terrible" ending, and everything was indeed terrible for a while. But then suddenly I get a really good run going and I ended up in the Cathedral, which I didn't even know existed, and it was actually really easy.

This game sure is good at being really crazy and leaving me with no idea what's going on!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Telamon wrote:So, I just got the "Everything is Terrible" ending, and everything was indeed terrible for a while. But then suddenly I get a really good run going and I ended up in the Cathedral, which I didn't even know existed, and it was actually really easy.
This game sure is good at being really crazy and leaving me with no idea what's going on!
when you unlock a dead blue boy, go to the cathedral again as him... you'll have a good time if you win
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Will do.

Love that I've gotten all of 19% of the achievements after 28 hours played.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Telamon wrote:Will do.
Love that I've gotten all of 19% of the achievements after 28 hours played.
i'm at over 330 hours and only 83% achievements
finished the original rebirth stuff at about 270 hours though
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I just beat SPEED!!! after like my 50th try.

So, yeah, I'm feeling pretty awesome right now.

EDIT: 89% at 302 hours for me. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is doing *SPOILER* boss and *SPOILER* boss with *SPOILER* character. (I'm sure all the Isaac veterans know exactly which ones I'm talking about.)
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Finally beat Greed Mode as ???. Fortunately I managed to get some items that give a bunch of Soul Hearts. Also started off with a Magic Mushroom as my first treasure. That helped a lot.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Guess who got through the Dark Room 3 days ago for the first time?

It was actually rather easy but maybe I was just too OP for The Lamb to handle. :P
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

That's a bit of a problem with the final bosses of Rebirth: by the time you get to them you're likely to be so overpowered that nothing is a challenge.

Afterbirth's new bosses... fix that.
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Zpto »

Got the Super Meat Boy, no Monster Manual grinding required, just some luck with finding Book of Revelations on first or second floor. Same thing happened with Super Bandage Girl.

I does give me the impression that the drops are only random on the first Horseman, and after that you'll find the same kind of powerup instead of being a 50% chance everytime like I heard :roll:

EDIT: Also, to clarify. I don't reset spam. I just roll with whatever the game gives me and yesterday I just happened to find Book of Revelation on the second floor during a Judas run (still trying to beat the secret boss with every character)
TheNecroswanson
So glad The Cheat is not dead.

Post by TheNecroswanson »

Zpto wrote:Got the Super Meat Boy, no Monster Manual grinding required, just some luck with finding Book of Revelations on first or second floor. Same thing happened with Super Bandage Girl.

I does give me the impression that the drops are only random on the first Horseman, and after that you'll find the same kind of powerup instead of being a 50% chance everytime like I heard :roll:

EDIT: Also, to clarify. I don't reset spam. I just roll with whatever the game gives me and yesterday I just happened to find Book of Revelation on the second floor during a Judas run (still trying to beat the secret boss with every character)
I actually cheesed it with Lilith and battery item before they pooped all over the Box of Friends' charge requirements. Sad day when they gimped her.
Well if you were me, then I would be you! And I'd totally have dinner with me, so there!
I also do heavy metal themed Let's Plays. Warning: NSFW
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

TheNecroswanson wrote:I actually cheesed it with Lilith and battery item before they pooped all over the Box of Friends' charge requirements. Sad day when they gimped her.
Even with the 4 charge it's still pretty simple to cheese.

1. Greed Mode as Lilith
2. Obtain Cube of Meat from shop
3. On next floor, use BoF before pressing the button
4. Proceed to complete all waves without ever leaving the main room (including the boss fights), using BoF at every opportunity.
5. Oh hey it's a Super Meat Boy

Ivy

Post by Ivy »

i've gotten meat boys and bandage girls during boss rush. you get 3 or 4 charges on the box, it's quite nice
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I was about to beat the new boss as the Lost... and the game ****ing crashed! :evil:

I thought they'd patched that two patches ago.
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

You should be able to do it now, the first of two patches today basically broke all of the final bosses, supposedly the second fixes that. Hopefully you won't have to restart your run post patch, but I haven't heard that you would have to.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Yeah, thankfully the game saved my place on the previous level, so I was able to continue the run. Successfully beat *NEW BOSS* but died against *SUPER FINAL BOSS*... because I was dumb and forgot he could summon things during his attack phases.

Honestly, *NEW BOSS* isn't that tough, I've found. A damage sponge, but its minions go down quickly and its bullet storms are honestly pretty simplistic and slow... easy to dodge (and the one really fast wrap-around attack has huge blind spots in it). I guess my shmup playing skills are paying off here! :)
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Dark Hunter wrote: Honestly, *NEW BOSS* isn't that tough, I've found. A damage sponge, but its minions go down quickly and its bullet storms are honestly pretty simplistic and slow... easy to dodge (and the one really fast wrap-around attack has huge blind spots in it). I guess my shmup playing skills are paying off here! :)
the blindspots on the continuum waves are hilarious. either just stand still or hug the parallel wall, it's great.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Hugging the parallel wall is not a guaranteed dodge, depending on the exact position of the boss. I find it safer to remain just inside the outermost line of bullets.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Dark Hunter wrote:Hugging the parallel wall is not a guaranteed dodge, depending on the exact position of the boss. I find it safer to remain just inside the outermost line of bullets.
hmm, well, it worked when i did it as the Lost lmao