(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Wolfolotl »

finished nageki's route as my first route for hatoful boyfriend
;_;
:nb_pride:
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So the NA/EU release of Tales of Zestiria was today. Got the Steam version. Played about 2 hours (I've basically just left the "tutorial" area).

Pretty nice so far (wonky camera aside), though I haven't actually played a Tales game since Symphonia: DotNW on the Wii, so my frame of reference for comparing it to past titles is a bit dated (though my understanding is that the general systems in this game have more in common with Graces than Xillia/Xillia 2).
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

I unlocked all the achievements in Escape Goat, so I'm content with what I did. That post game though, NO THANK YOU.

On the other hand, Humble Bundle got Capcom games up this time around. I would gladly contribute for Strider! But DmC and future games also sounds good.

Who has the most?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The saves my bro and I were pulling off in 3-S of Woolly World were nothing short of lucky and spectacular at the same time. That was great.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

After i did my "kill everything in sight" in Undertale, imma trying to do the "pacifist" way.

This game has shocking way more story if u don't kill anything.
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

Playing Tri Force Heroes with unknowns will be like...

"What in the name of F*** are u doin' there!"
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Zpto
Totally not a robot
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Zpto »

Completed the story mode and arcade mode of Skullgirls with all characters, I'm not confident for online versus
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

4-S in Yoshi's Woolly World has the best name. We played up through the first couple of stages in World 5 before calling it quits last night.
Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer

Post by Euparkeria »

I listen to a track from Undertale on YouTube. Should have known, videos with spoilery thumbnails and titles appear in my suggested videos. :x
Cool banner by Neutron Star!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Added Advance Wars: Dual Strike into the mix since I wanted a handheld game to play, and I remembered enjoying the GBA games.
Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I downloaded Landstalker on the Virtual Console. It's an action-rpg with some similarities to both Zelda: ALTTP and Super Mario RPG. It has an isometric point of view, but you can only move in the four diagonal directions. What this means is that you must press the D-pad diagonally to move anywhere and it's terribly awkward. I guess it's better on the Genesis, which it was developed for, but even on the Virtual Console using the analog stick on the Classic Controller still fills awkward.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Got Mugen Souls. I have never been more confused, but I'm going to push past basically everything else in the game to get to the delicious Disgaea clone I sense lying underneath.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Trails in the sky SC is out since thursday evening and I haven't been able to do anything else besides playing it whenever I had some time. Trails FC was already amazing but the sequel just blows it out of the water. It's seriously been a while since I haven't played and been consumed by a game that much. It's like, exactly what an RPG is supposed to be. THe characters and world-building are perfect and it's not even in substitution to the gameplay. I really hope it sells enough so that XSEED localizes the rest of the Kiseki series. BASED FALCOM BASED XSEED

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Made some more progress in Advance Wars: Dual Strike, beat Yoshi's Woolly World, and finished absolutely choking on a GTA V Heist just now.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Right now I'm playing some Elite: Dangerous and Binding of Isaac, but mostly I've been playing Don't Starve.
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

Resident Evil 6 is somehow a finished game. Someone looked at that game and said "yeah that looks good ship it".
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

As bad as I messed up one of the Heists the other night, I wound up acing a different one that I had never completed tonight. That just leaves two more of those to go through now. Shame they're probably the weakest of the bunch left. Also managed to get through the super-duper final level in Yoshi's Woolly World today, too, so it's been a fun day of the video games here.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

My younger brother and I recently finished Bro-oping Double Dragon Neon, Towerfall, Charlie Murder, and Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze.

Anyone have any good suggestions for good Cooperative games? Preferably lower in price range. 5-15$ (maybe 20$) for the PC, Xbox 360 or Wii U?
I'd be looking for games with actual coop and not "Girlfriend mode". Older games and shooters are fine too.

We've played plenty of Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim versus the world.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

My best recommendation would be to play some SMBX episodes who are 2-player friendly. I always had a blast playing some with my bro.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

Zummorr wrote:Anyone have any good suggestions for good Cooperative games? Preferably lower in price range. 5-15$ (maybe 20$) for the PC, Xbox 360 or Wii U?
I'd be looking for games with actual coop and not "Girlfriend mode". Older games and shooters are fine too.
Resident Evil 5 is not a great game, but its worth quite a few laughs in co-op with a friend.
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Zummorr wrote:Anyone have any good suggestions for good Cooperative games? Preferably lower in price range. 5-15$ (maybe 20$) for the PC, Xbox 360 or Wii U?
Some of these suggestions won't be in the price range you're looking for, but...

Super Mario 3D World, Hyrule Warriors (though it can be repetitive at times), Yoshi's Woolly World, maybe Chariot? I need to play that one. 360 has you covered on the shooter side. Some of the Halo stuff, Gears of War 1, and even the Perfect Dark remaster that came out a few years ago on XBLA.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

I should've mentioned that we did finish Super mario 3D world. I don't own Hyrule warriors I might pick it up when it drops in price, but nintendo games tend to hold their value. Don't have wooly world either.

My brother basically finished the entirety of Chariot except for maybe the post game by himself.

Perfect Dark remastered is an idea, we recently played the demo multiplayer, it didn't quite age that well imo. Replaying Gears of War 1 might be a good idea.
Beating up Wesker and fighting all his zombies does sound like fun.

I like fighting games, but I'm pretty much "That Guy" when it comes to fighting games. The guy who is enough skill levels above his cohorts that it isn't fun to play against him. :/ Big fish in small pond problems.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So I played skyrim so much that I'm running out of things to do. I have maybe hardly any quests left and maybe 50 places left to explore. I figured I might as well download a mod of a new place that apparently a lot of people thought was amazing. I didn't even get that far though, the voice acting through me off. It just didn't feel like it fit.

So naturally I state on the mods page that I didn't enjoy it due to the voice acting and to not take it personally or something along that line and a few days later I find the mod maker has blocked me. : P

Ah well. I figured it's about time I hang up skyrim, maybe look into games in the series I haven't really touched before.

So I'm considering playing Arena.

Beyond that I've been playing a lotta 100% Orange Juice. Fun game that.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I got Hyperdimension Neptunia since it got onto Gog and was on sale. It's nothing too terribly special and the fan service in the character designs annoys me but I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit so far. It might not really do anything new and the story (at least as far as I am so far) isn't anything special but it's a pretty solid game nonetheless.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Discovered Momotarou Katsugeki for the PC Engine. It seems quite fun, but there's a lot of Japanese text that I feel like i'm missing stuff.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB