(shouting)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Post by Window Squeegee »

Bumping because Afterbirth releases in almost 24 hours now.

I'M READY MCMILLEN

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

I WIN

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Just gave in and bought this game, as it was on sale with the expansion. I sure am bad at it.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

tfw 69% achievement progress b/c of the afterbirth dlc
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

༼ つ ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ༽つ GIVE AFTERBIRTH
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)

Post by Dizzybelle »

ImageImageImage
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

HELP
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

Looks like it's bugged, I got Platinum God from just picking an item, also there is some weirdness with the progress marks as well
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Zpto wrote:Looks like it's bugged, I got Platinum God from just picking an item, also there is some weirdness with the progress marks as well
I got the Platinum God thing too, but I had pretty much everything already so I don't know how that affected it.

It was going to be bugged no matter what. I'm well acquainted with Isaac releases by now. They always start bugged.

Greed Mode is fun! Ultra Greed is a really awesome fight. I think i might have gotten lucky by getting Guppy with Azazel on my first try though.
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

Well, I don't have Super Meat Boy yet and I don't think I found a Raw Liver either. That's why I knew, there's no way I could get that achievment that easily. :lol:
Seems like it's a bug on importing the save file, I started a new save file and so far no weird marks or Platinum God achievment on that file
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

sedron wrote:
Greed Mode is fun! Ultra Greed is a really awesome fight. I think i might have gotten lucky by getting Guppy with Azazel on my first try though.

inner eye mom's knife made it trivial for me LMAO

Solaris
flowercuco
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Solaris »

i did the new mode with the new character and the new character is Absolutely Incredible in the new mode i love it

/(=✪ x ✪=)\
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

i can't wait to complete the lost again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

A spooky bug happened for me. (and apparently this happened to a lot of other people too.)

So, I did an Isaac run to try and see the new Blue Womb stage I've heard about. I made it with a lot of time to spare, then, as I enter the hole, The game crashes. It happened again after I restarted the game. It's almost as if the game is trying to protect me...
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

Window Squeegee wrote:
So, I did an Isaac run to try and see the new Blue Womb stage I've heard about. I made it with a lot of time to spare, then, as I enter the hole, The game crashes. It happened again after I restarted the game. It's almost as if the game is trying to protect me...
Yeah, same here, it's a shame because I was having a completely ridiculous run at the time:

I've been checking the subreddit a bit and it seems like there are quite a lot of bugs at the moment. People who transferred their saves on the first day may have data on their completion post-its bugged and will need to either re-complete things or reimport data again to fix it, there's also reports of people unlocking many achievements seemingly randomly, rooms that are impossible in certain challenges, devil deals spawning deep in the walls after small room bosses, etc.

Thankfully for the most part, I haven't really experienced any bugs except for this crashing bug, hopefully they fix it soon as I'm not willing to play anything other than daily runs right now since I don't want to have a run where I could go to the new area, but be simply unable to do it because the game broke.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

i got the postit bugs and already started doing stuff... oops
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

actually haven't done particularly much. going to import again
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

New "final" area stuff in spoilers.

Hush was a really weird fight. I like that there's a few item rooms, a shop and some chests right before the fight, but I don't think they made a dramatic difference. I'd already made it there with an extremely high-damage Azazel layout with very low recharge time and enough defensive items where I was nearly impossible to kill anyway. It was short-range, but again, my layout meant I didn't have to worry too much about taking hits anyway. I couldn't just tank everything, but I could tank enough.

I think Hush is one of those bosses where you either are so overpowered that you can't lose, or it wrecks you right away, like Mega Satan. The bullet patterns were fun to dodge, but it's ultimately just that and not much else. Ultra Greed was more interesting mechanically. Hush is also a ridiculous damage sponge. Apparently it scales with your current damage output? I was one-shotting most other bosses, but Hush took a really long time comparatively.

Also, you keep going after Blue Womb for some reason? I was really hoping for an ending there, but you continue on to Cathedral/Sheol anyway. After Hush, the next few areas feel anticlimactic.

Finally, I don't really understand what Hush is. At all. =P
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Hooray for spoilers!

I've heard that Hush is supposed to be Isaac after he's suffocated to death inside the chest. Hence why it's blue, and why it looks like something's been wrapped around it.

Is the Lost still a spoiler? Well, just in case. I'm not looking forward to playing more games as the Lost to unlock a few more items. I have no idea how the hell I'm going to beat Mega Satan or Ultra Greed with him.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Oh hey, playing as The Lost is actually almost halfway reasonable now that he comes with Spectral Tears by default.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

RAGE MODE

hush is fucking stupid and has way too much fucking health, why is its first phase resprited blue baby, why are its stuff impossible to dodge, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK THIS SHIT

although to be fair i had the stupid fuckin can't see your hearts curse, but that's beside the point, the bullet patterns are way too overwhelming and stupid. I was playing as Lilith, by the way, and I absolutely wrecked the boss rush.

The fact that there's a new superboss is great, but don't make it have an absolutely unreasonably insane amount of health. Seriously.

Good thing I kept my expectations low. Holy shit.
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Pyro wrote:RAGE MODE

hush is fucking stupid and has way too much fucking health, why is its first phase resprited blue baby, why are its stuff impossible to dodge, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK THIS SHIT

although to be fair i had the stupid fuckin can't see your hearts curse, but that's beside the point, the bullet patterns are way too overwhelming and stupid. I was playing as Lilith, by the way, and I absolutely wrecked the boss rush.

The fact that there's a new superboss is great, but don't make it have an absolutely unreasonably insane amount of health. Seriously.

Good thing I kept my expectations low. Holy shit.
I was also pretty dissapointed after the fight, but I heard that his health varies directly with how strong your character is. This is supposedly gauged by the fight with It Lives, and I heard the same thing about Monstro before Ultra greed. If your aren't as OP, then the bosses would have less health to balance things.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Window Squeegee wrote:
I was also pretty dissapointed after the fight, but I heard that his health varies directly with how strong your character is. This is supposedly gauged by the fight with It Lives, and I heard the same thing about Monstro before Ultra greed. If your aren't as OP, then the bosses would have less health to balance things.
It really shouldn't scale that much, though. My super powerful line of tears and flies were barely scratching the thing at all. It should have had, like, 1/4 less health
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

Man there's so many people complaining about afterbirth on the internet.

I think it's pretty neat that breathed a bit more life into an already stellar game.

My only slight complaint Greed Mode seems a tad easier than I was expecting (I was expecting it to be like twice as long and you only get actually good items further in)

Though I guess a lot of people complaining are the ones that had 100% the game before, and were expecting more post-post-postgame or something.

That's just what I've seen though
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.