(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Re: MaGL X2 - SMB2 x MaGL X2 otp

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Kukironosuke wrote:you are quoting one of rainbowshyguys posts not mine, and he was referencing one of the 5 level titles he had the option of using, that wasn't his opinion or mine
...And yet popular history will nevertheless attribute that quote to you, cementing your place in the public consciousness as one of Mario is Missing's greatest detractors. Such a muddled maze of malicious misinformation; not even Richter Belmont kann die richtige Richtung berechnen as he labors lumberingly along this labyrinth of lies, ceaslessly swinging his celbrated sock to smite sinister spirits who assay to arrest his advancement.

To sum: history repeats itself, a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth, in truth lies victory, history is written by the victors, to the victors, the spoils, to the Richters, the toils, and socks to you, Drackeelur.

And Mario? Well he's
King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

Dragon Fogel wrote:I'm not sure how much longer I can take this, last night I genuinely had trouble sleeping because I was freaking out over whether my level would be in the next video. I don't even understand why, it's not like it would change much for me other than that I'd have to write up an explanation of why I made various design choices. Maybe I'm just still having a hard time believing I got this far.
I'm actually very grateful I got 140th place. We're in what, mid-October? Unless raocow starts blazing through levels, we're almost guaranteed to make it to December. Then, when raocow finally finishes MaGL X2, he can start A2XT: Episode 2, and when he finishes that, MaGL X3 should be just around the corner.

I wonder if MaGL X3 will break 400 submissions...
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Confirmed that everyone still posting in this thread got 37th place.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by KayhemMaus »

oh man I'm super DUPER late reviewing this time... @_@

Commentary, Day 104;

67th, litchh: 'Hey Buddy! Get your bob-omb off my house!' - 2nd exit is interestingly literal, the Mario Land 2 sprite swaps are refreshing and Mouser is kinda underused in this game thus far. Nice level.

66th, HatKid: 'Mario is Missing' - Nice Castlevania stage, bro. You probably upset Mr Some Guy though, with that fake moon and all. Good ending too. :D
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I got 10th place sorry guys
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Horikawa Otane wrote:I think there are potentially going to be two controversies remaining in MaGL X2 and they're going to be 37th and 10th places.

Read into that what you will.
Guys my level got 37th and 10th place
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

First level was pretty nifty in its lava and wheelie gimmicks. Also party pokeys cause why not.

And I'm pretty sure this very old level is what Quill was referring to in his comment for the second level
But yeah although it was similar, this one had a really nice atmosphere with super fitting music so awesome job with that.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Horikawa Otane wrote:I think there are potentially going to be two controversies remaining in MaGL X2 and they're going to be 37th and 10th places.

Totally involves my level, huh? x3
:pal: Image :pal:

FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

I Guess I Should Warn You Ahead of Time, the Torpedo Ted Have the Ability to Invent in the House
Wasn't expecting that, ahaha. Looks like a tough but fun level, and the overall kookiness matches up well with the villain at hand. Funny bosses, also. Not sure about the somewhat tight lava maneuvering for the second star, though XP

Bloopers in Canada
I had no idea Canada was so brown, or that maple syrup sprung forth from the land itself there. Nice looking level that picks up in challenge as it progresses. The spots of text were amusing, too.

Jukebox world's wrappin' up tomorrow, then, I suppose. World 15, right? Wonder what 16 will bring.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

MaGLX2 That squid just started to elevate itself and ascend. Squid, calm down. This is not.. how is this even happening

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

So then... if history is written by the victors, explain why Scandinavian mythology still survives now.
History may be written by the victors, but the truth will prevail in the end. As we have three persons hailing from the moon.
(Forgot to mention this yesterday, but what's rao going to do in Valhalla beyond the initiation rites?)

Some guy is now happy. All is right in this world. We shall now proceed with reviews.

(65th) RoyKirbs: I Guess I Should Warn You Ahead of Time That Torpedo Ted Has The Ability To Invent In the House

A strange name to use, but you pulled it off with gusto. The level has a good variety to its challenges that makes it not dull, even on repeat playthroughs. Everything in this level was reasonable to accomplish, but has enough challenge to keep players on their toes. The secret exit and boss were pretty cool, too. The wheelies were also a good addition, I feel...

(64th) FallingSnow: Bloopers in Canada

This is giving me a real Forest of Illusion vibe with the low water, The many (ultimately pointless) blocks scattered around, and the bubbles scattered around. And it's a solid level, too! It's paced pretty nicely, and it also looks good, too.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Insert your own terrible Canadian stereotype here.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ignoritus
O◡O
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ignoritus »

raocow, Quill's commenting is referring to how much this level had in common with Fallingsnow's Way Through the Woods which you actually played aaaaaalllll the way back in Tower of the Biased 2. It was really well received here but ranked really low in that contest.
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

First level today gets my personal stamp of approval for remembering that Mischief Makers exists. Boy do I ever want to see a re-release or VC release or something of that game.

I guess raocow forgot he has seen 'flying Bloopers' in SMBX before, one of the stages in STTB2.5 had them. Same technology too, I think (a unique layer of water attached to each Blooper which disappears upon its death). Shame you can't make them airborne with less convoluted means in SMBX, as The Lost Levels and Super Mario Maker both show us how naturally they take to the skies.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

We'll see world 16 in video 106 with the way this is going.

I actually did not make the connection with the painting and the area outside of the first level, and had to spent some time looking for it on the editor. The level was still really funny, and had a lot of neat little ideas. It did work well for inventors secret base.

The second level was nice, and had some good difficulty curve going on. The selection of enemies was good and I think they were used well. The setting of Canada was nicely underlined too, with the little texts here and there.
SpoonyBardOL wrote:I guess raocow forgot he has seen 'flying Bloopers' in SMBX before, one of the stages in STTB2.5 had them. Same technology too, I think (a unique layer of water attached to each Blooper which disappears upon its death). Shame you can't make them airborne with less convoluted means in SMBX, as The Lost Levels and Super Mario Maker both show us how naturally they take to the skies.
Edit: I remember from somewhere, that there is a lua code that can make the enemy think that they are underwater even when they are not. I think it was used in A2XT probably.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

SpoonyBardOL wrote:Shame you can't make them airborne with less convoluted means in SMBX, as The Lost Levels and Super Mario Maker both show us how naturally they take to the skies.
Well, there was no programming for them being "underwater" in SMB1, I'm assuming. Their normal behavior was just their normal behavior with no regard to their environment, and since they didn't actually appear out of water until the next game, we just didn't know any better. In later games that had land levels with pools of water in them, there had to be states for things like Bloopers :P
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

So... 1111 demo counts at 111st video, possible?
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

We're coming up on 300 stars, too. Wow.

I could see one coming up sooner than that, at 58th. Maybe it's just me.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

raocow says "You're a big guy." while kirby music plays in the background

never thought i'd see this moment in my life...
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

controversy: even though i didn't submit a level, one of the level names i had was so great that i got 58th in the contest by default
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by KayhemMaus »

New Hub next video. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty hype.

65th, RoyKirbs: 'I Guess I Should Warn You Ahead of Time, the Torpedo Ted Have the Ability to Invent in the House' - Party Pokeys and Beefsteaks are the best. I like this level, the secret exit was tricky but it was still pretty fair. Good job~

64th, FallingSnow: 'Bloopers in Canada' - Good level! I love SMB2LL style Bloopers out of Water and the whole look and feel looked spot on for a nice rompy midgame stage. Good effort
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Ivy wrote:raocow says "You're a big guy." while kirby music plays in the background

never thought i'd see this moment in my life...
Is it the bane of your existence?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

CloudyCloud wrote:So... 1111 demo counts at 111st video, possible?
I still can't believe raocow had his 555th demo in my level and 77 demos in my level overall.

No, I'm pretty sure all the Top 10 will create controversy unless they are so stand-out amazing that it leaves no room for debate.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh yeah, btw:

thread regular tomorrow.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Re: MaGL X2 - Got myself a wall one-up... OHNO FISHMAN! ...Fishman said hi.

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:Ahem... Tweeter and Eerie sprite-swaps.
Whoops. Somehow, I misread that and thought you were talking about the mermen (in my defense, they were pretty annoying in Rondo Of Blood's stage 5').
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote:oh yeah, btw:

thread regular tomorrow.
heck yeah horikawa's level
i've honestly never played a video game in my life