(shouting)

Updates/Announcements

The second SMBX collab!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Updates/Announcements

Post by SAJewers »

As I've said before, It'll happen once I get replacements for all of Dr Shemp's Music and Jingles. Everything is on hold because of that.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Pre-releasing these sound/music changes before I put out an official update to the Base Game.

For Sound changes, I made a few changes to other sound effects not credited to Dr Shemp, mainly Mother Brain and Wart, in order to make the sound effects fit better when using graphic replacements.

Also, I figured out how to get that corrupted checkpoint jingle that was in raocow's A2MT LP.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/anyhb ... XTStuff.7z
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

OK, Submissions are now open. Once these other things upload, I'll have a link to the Base Folder.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q6pc5 ... isode2.exe
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

SAJewers wrote:OK, Submissions are now open. Once these other things upload, I'll have a link to the Base Folder.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q6pc5 ... isode2.exe
This is giving me "7-zip: Unsupported method." error.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Fixed. Re-uploading now.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q6pc5 ... isode2.exe

OK, I Updated the EP2 Base Folder for some new Lunaworld functions

-Blue Sack filter
-SNES-9x style buttun input display (a configurable option, that will be part of a settings room that doesn't exist yet)
-Start+Select level exit code
-The "music" cheat code

The way the music cheat code works by is grabbing the ID3 tags from the music itself. As such, I'm asking all levels now, if they use custom music, have the correct Title/Artist/Album data in the ID Tags. If the song is from a game, fill in the name of the game for the Album field. If there is no album (eg. a Youtube video), leave it blank.

If you have music in a format such as NSF, HES, GBS, or similar, which does not have proper tagging, then usethe following code in lunadll.lua

Code: Select all

_G["ManualTitle"] = "Name of Song"
	_G["ManualArtist"] = "Name of Artist or Composer"
	_G["ManualAlbum"] = "Name of Album or Game"

If it doesn't work on it's own, throw it in an onLoad() function (I've only tested this in 1 level, which needed this twice, and was thus used in 2 onSectionLoad#() functions)
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

SAJewers wrote: The way the music cheat code works by is grabbing the ID3 tags from the music itself. As such, I'm asking all levels now, if they use custom music, have the correct Title/Artist/Album data in the ID Tags.
Is this going to be overrideable? Some levels use the music code for jokes or other gimmicks. I know one of mine has a snarky message if you use it in an area with atmospheric sounds instead of music.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Yes, just leave the title tag blank, and manually fill in the variables.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q6pc5 ... isode2.exe

Updated the Base Folder again for an update to Lunaworld.lua, and including a settings level, with 2 settings:

-SNES9x-style button input display in the bottom-right corner
-Whether the music info stuff uses Up + Start or "music"

don't ask about the rao-coin counter, i'm not sure if's that fixed yet (or if that's even fixable at the moment).
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

SAJewers wrote: don't ask about the rao-coin counter, i'm not sure if's that fixed yet (or if that's even fixable at the moment).
It's not fixed yet - need to get round to asking about one or two features, and then implementing the changes.

EDIT: Set aside some time this morning to do this. Should be fixed now.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

So I'm moving this stuff from the review thread to here because it's more relevant. Made this:

Some code that saves individual raocoins for a single run. Once you beat the level or enter a different level they reset, but if you get a midpoint, collected raocoins will be saved and appear collected when you spawn on the midpoint.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Does this system leave behind an object on the layer the Dragon Coin was on? My level detects whether or not the player collected all the dragon coins (parrot coins in this case) using the traditional "No More Objects in Layer" Method, as using the LunaDLL "If NPC No Longer Exists" wouldn't work properly. My level uses P-Switches and when a P-Switch is pressed it turns all of the Parrot Coins into bricks, which would activate the 'All Collected" event when using the latter method.
Yoshi Ambassador!
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Karatekid5 wrote:Does this system leave behind an object on the layer the Dragon Coin was on? My level detects whether or not the player collected all the dragon coins (parrot coins in this case) using the traditional "No More Objects in Layer" Method, as using the LunaDLL "If NPC No Longer Exists" wouldn't work properly. My level uses P-Switches and when a P-Switch is pressed it turns all of the Parrot Coins into bricks, which would activate the 'All Collected" event when using the latter method.
No, it draws a graphic using Lua. The only potential hitch is that a raocoin on a hidden layer won't be properly removed from the level. It will still be removed from the layer, but not actually killed. I hope to solve this issue when I can though.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

It seems, in talking with some people in Skype (if you have skype, but are not part of the chat, talk to pyro) that we're ready to get started on Towns/Cutscenes/Intro levels/Bosses (and boss levels) and such.

The way this will work is that someone (or somepeople) will start off making whatever (eg. the Town for World 5) and post it. Either said person will take suggestions and refine the level, or the level will changes hands a few times (preferably this) until people are happy with the way it is, at which point it goes in the game.

This avoids the possibility of "here's an uncle broadsword boss" that's not good, and we have to throw it out or be stuck with it, which is what happened with the siblings in Ep1. It was poorly mismanaged in Ep1, and I want to avoid that this time.

Anyway, I know some people have been fleshing out stuff for this. Feel free now to start working, since we have the base of the plot now.

This won't affect regular leveld, of which we currently need (as of this post) 25 more, 22 is you include the current 3 that need 1 more approval.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

After remembering this a few days ago, and in talking with the people on Skype, I've moved development operations from MediaFire to a OneDrive public folder. This will allow people to make changes to levels and whatnot and sync it with everyone, meaning I don't have to make sure I grab every updated level, and release updated archives of everything.

Full released will still occur on MediaFire, this is just for people who want to grab development stuff.

Link to said OneDrive folder

How to add the shared folder to OneDrive so you can sync files.

Also, a reminder that we have a skype chat. See Pyro if you want in.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Just a note here that I've removed the "Resubmits" table on the submissions page, which was kinda unnecessary. You can also now submit unfinished levels to get reviews on then.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

In an effort to get levels out of the queue faster, remove the burden of reviewing levels on 3 or 4 people, and put more emphasis on testing WIP levels as they're made, I've dropped the # of approvals needed to 1.

I expect for episode 3 the reviews system will reformed more to put more emphasis on testing WIP levels and getting feedback on those. The reviews system should probably just be more "I've played this finished level, beat it, and see no problem with it; signing off on it", which really only needs 1 person to do. Levels that are bad should be caught early on, as they're being made, rather than the current system.

We probably shouldn't have/need a rejected levels list, but what's in there should be in a list of levels that were never finished or canned by the author
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Hey, I finally updated the OP for Episode 2.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Just a word of warning that any claims for levels or bosses will be released on Wednesday, February 10. If you still have an intention of working on one, then you should post either an update on your progress, or post the level as it stands.

I want to get away of the current practice of making claims on things and leaving people in the dark until it's finished, as well as minimal levels of people giving constructive criticism. If you want to work on something like a boss, feel free to make your intentions known, but if you leave people in the dark/don't post progress for people to critique, then don't be surprised if someone else later offers to do that same thing.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

SAJewers wrote:Just a word of warning that any claims for levels or bosses will be released on Wednesday, February 10. If you still have an intention of working on one, then you should post either an update on your progress, or post the level as it stands.

I want to get away of the current practice of making claims on things and leaving people in the dark until it's finished, as well as minimal levels of people giving constructive criticism. If you want to work on something like a boss, feel free to make your intentions known, but if you leave people in the dark/don't post progress for people to critique, then don't be surprised if someone else later offers to do that same thing.
I still have full intention to work on the final (main game) boss, but can't make serious progress on anything outside the weekends. I can get some plans drawn up during the week though.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Be sure to cut Sturg and Holy some slack on their claims for the W3 castle levels since they've been waiting on me. I finally got those files up for download in their respective threads last night and they're still not 100% finished/bug-free.

I'll try and have Aquatic Grotto packaged up tonight as well.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Rockythechao wrote:Be sure to cut Sturg and Holy some slack on their claims for the W3 castle levels since they've been waiting on me. I finally got those files up for download in their respective threads last night and they're still not 100% finished/bug-free.

As long as everyone knows what they're doing; this is a collab, after all.

I really want to put an end to the current practice of people leaving others in the dark, and only posting levels they themselves deem finished.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

SAJewers wrote:
Rockythechao wrote:Be sure to cut Sturg and Holy some slack on their claims for the W3 castle levels since they've been waiting on me. I finally got those files up for download in their respective threads last night and they're still not 100% finished/bug-free.

As long as everyone knows what they're doing; this is a collab, after all.

I really want to put an end to the current practice of people leaving others in the dark, and only posting levels they themselves deem finished.
Sure, but there are a number of reasons many of these haven't been shown yet, a lot of them are waiting on other people for example (several aspects of the W3 town, for example, are waiting on new LunaLua features so I can implement the HUD properly, and finish setting up some of the more Lua-heavy elements like Leek Sanctuaries). It would probably cause more chaos and delay things further to pull any progress and/or concepts now in favour of the hope that someone else might do it faster. Sure, people should show progress as they go, as that improves things as a whole (since feedback can be given during creation, and other people know how things are progressing), but I'm not sure just yanking away what people are working on is really a solution to that.

I totally agree that people need to be sharing their progress though, so maybe poking people for an update would be a useful endeavour.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

And that's kinda what I want, people to at least say they're working on it or intending to, even if they're waiting on someone else. If we don't get at least that, how is anyone supposed to know that they're still working on it, and that they're not AWOL?

I don't care how long someone takes, as long as people know where they're currently at.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

SAJewers wrote:And that's kinda what I want, people to at least say they're working on it or intending to, even if they're waiting on someone else. If we don't get at least that, how is anyone supposed to know that they're still working on it, and that they're not AWOL?

I don't care how long someone takes, as long as people know where they're currently at.
Fair. I agree with this sentiment.