(shouting)

A2MBXT - Graphics

The second SMBX collab!
WestonSmith
Bunny

Re: A2MBXT - Graphics

Post by WestonSmith »

Ah, fantastic. Those be some nice looking balls of yarn.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

I guess I should ask here: Does anyone have the sprites for Demo's Sibling that appeared in A2XT E1?
I'm planning on having all the siblings playable for my Fangame (Project Demo) so I'd be nice to get my hands on these sprites.
7NameSam
hey
Pronouns: they/them

Post by 7NameSam »

Does anybody know where I can get a shampoo bottle sprite?
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

7NameSam wrote:Does anybody know where I can get a shampoo bottle sprite?
Here are some. The Google search allows searching images by size, which is one way to find small images that can be used as sprites. You could also use something else like a potion for it.
Ittababy

Post by Ittababy »

So at the bottom of this page, I made a little place to put the more important sprites, like major characters who should be standardized for everyone without having to go through this whole board.
Mostly for uncles and siblings and other 'setting' things.
Aaaaanyone want to add their stuff to it? >w>;
A very shy ghost.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I ended up moving it to the top, since most of that page was moot anyway.

Since we're on that topic, maybe we should talk about potential character additions, since as idea floated around for the raocoin shops was additional characters that replaced the current 5.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

If additional characters are ever a thing, Calloeca as Peach/kood and Pily as Toad/rao should be a thing.
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I can't find it now, but someone had already made (or started to make) Pily Sprites to replace Demo.

Anyway, some ideas:

Demo -> Pily

raocow -> pholtos

raocow -> luigi (drama mistery)

Sheath ->Brake

Iris -> Maybe one of the uncles?

I'm sure there's other characters in the Demo/raocow universe that we can use
Ittababy

Post by Ittababy »

Also: since all the crazy lua chicanery is advancing so fast, it's only a matter of time before new power-ups are a thing. So here we are:

Shell Demo
[attachment=0]Demoshell.png[/attachment]

Basically pressing alt-jump would send you into a rainbow shell without having to carry it around.
Attachments
Demoshell.png
Demoshell.png (102.53 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
A very shy ghost.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Remember that old Uncle Pumpernickle sprite I made a while back? Here's a cinematX sheet of him.

[attachment=1]pumpernickle.png[/attachment]

Sprite is 64x40. It's a png because upcoming versions LunaLua will support them in place of the two gifs.

Pre-0.0.8 animation data table:

Code: Select all

animData_Pumpernickle = {}
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_NUMFRAMES] = 40
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_IDLE] = "0-0"
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_TALK] = "7-13"
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_WALK] = "16-21"
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_RUN] = "16-21"
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_JUMP] = "24-24"
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_FALL] = "27-27"
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_DEFEAT] = "3-4"
	animData_Pumpernickle[cinematX.ANIMSTATE_ATTACK1] = "30-37"
EDIT: Here's a package with the sheet and animdata file for v0.0.8.
cinematX_Pumpernickle.zip
(20 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Attachments
pumpernickle.png
pumpernickle.png (37.04 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
Last edited by Rixithechao 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Might be an odd request, but could someone make a spaceship spritesheet that replaces toad-2 (Big raocow)?

Maybe use this graphic:

WasabiJellyfish

Post by WasabiJellyfish »

So I was thinking I would make some Persona/Visual Novel-esque images for the characters that people could use in cutscenes and stuff for their levels! Here's a quick like 10 min very rough Iris to show what kind of thing I mean:

If anyone is interested let me know. I can make a ton of different expressions and stuff too!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

WasabiJellyfish wrote:So I was thinking I would make some Persona/Visual Novel-esque images for the characters that people could use in cutscenes and stuff for their levels!
I actually liked a lot that upscaled style from A2XT cutscenes, though having more of those EOW 6 style things could be nice too. It might cause some disconnect from the game though.
WasabiJellyfish

Willhart wrote:
WasabiJellyfish wrote:So I was thinking I would make some Persona/Visual Novel-esque images for the characters that people could use in cutscenes and stuff for their levels!
I actually liked a lot that upscaled style from A2XT cutscenes, though having more of those EOW 6 style things could be nice too. It might cause some disconnect from the game though.
Yeah those do work for the action cutscenes and stuff, they give them a cute little style. I was thinking mainly when like maybe a lot of talking is happening so people could more easily register who is who just to give it a tiny bit more polish. Or conversely if people want to make like a dating sim kind of level I think those graphics would work great,
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

WasabiJellyfish wrote:So I was thinking I would make some Persona/Visual Novel-esque images for the characters that people could use in cutscenes and stuff for their levels! Here's a quick like 10 min very rough Iris to show what kind of thing I mean:
Man, without her feet showing, I think Iris strongly resembles a cobra. That's not intended as a criticism of the art - that's just how I think she looks.

Though I wonder if it's a consequence of how the white band is depicted on her shirt/robe/whatever? The patterning suggests scales to me.
WasabiJellyfish

Voltgloss wrote:
WasabiJellyfish wrote:So I was thinking I would make some Persona/Visual Novel-esque images for the characters that people could use in cutscenes and stuff for their levels! Here's a quick like 10 min very rough Iris to show what kind of thing I mean:
Man, without her feet showing, I think Iris strongly resembles a cobra. That's not intended as a criticism of the art - that's just how I think she looks.

Though I wonder if it's a consequence of how the white band is depicted on her shirt/robe/whatever? The patterning suggests scales to me.
Haha I think it might be the brush messing up giving it that scale effect, I don't actually know how that happened though tbh but I did do it fairly quickly cause I forgot she had the white thing on her too. I think the other cobra thing might be because I still gave her shoulders even though she has no arms.
WasabiJellyfish

Is there any way to change how the layout for player characters are? Or to give them more frames/bigger boxes?
7NameSam
hey

Post by 7NameSam »

How do I edit player sprites well?
WasabiJellyfish

Quick little graphics swap of link/sheath with Uncle Broadsword, most of it works well except the duck slash facing left is a bit janky
(jesus christ editing player graphics is the worst)

[attachment=0]link-1m.gif[/attachment]
[attachment=1]link-1.gif[/attachment]

7NameSam wrote:How do I edit player sprites well?
I used a mix of photoshop and PGE because for some reason photoshop messes with the colours unless you put into a format that can't be turned into a gif without becoming transparent. So you have to save it as a PNG then convert it with PGE, it's kind of a mess. I can help though if you want, what were you trying to do?
Attachments
link-1m.gif
link-1m.gif (7.24 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
link-1.gif
link-1.gif (91.84 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
7NameSam
hey

Post by 7NameSam »

WasabiJellyfish wrote:
7NameSam wrote:How do I edit player sprites well?
I used a mix of photoshop and PGE because for some reason photoshop messes with the colours unless you put into a format that can't be turned into a gif without becoming transparent. So you have to save it as a PNG then convert it with PGE, it's kind of a mess. I can help though if you want, what were you trying to do?
I'm trying to replace the toad sprite with a goomba.
WasabiJellyfish

7NameSam wrote:I'm trying to replace the toad sprite with a goomba.
Okay I whipped this up in way too long than I'm willing to admit, hopefully it has everything you want? (It's just walking, running, jumping and crouching, if you need anything else just tell me)
[attachment=0]toad-1m.gif[/attachment][attachment=1]toad-1.gif[/attachment]
Attachments
toad-1m.gif
toad-1m.gif (5.73 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
toad-1.gif
toad-1.gif (18.07 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
Lukaz2009
Hunting monsters while ignoring my mayoral duties.
First name: Lucas

Post by Lukaz2009 »

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a tileset of a fortress that would work with a theme of it being overtaken by the forest around it? I'd like them to be similar to the SMB1 dungeon graphics, but if they aren't it isn't a deal breaker for me. I'd make them myself, but I am not a spriter in any sense of the word. Thanks in advance.
Don't open the spoiler, or the Picklesaurus Rex will eat everyone!
You had to open it didn't you... Now the entire Talkhaus is doomed.
Lukaz2009 wrote:Monster Hunter: Where the Desire Sensor will bend you over, make you it's bitch, AND dash all of your hopes and dreams. All at the same time!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Lukaz2009 wrote:Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a tileset of a fortress that would work with a theme of it being overtaken by the forest around it? I'd like them to be similar to the SMB1 dungeon graphics, but if they aren't it isn't a deal breaker for me. I'd make them myself, but I am not a spriter in any sense of the word. Thanks in advance.
Sednaiur has made some nice SMB1 style tilesets. You can probably find some graphics you may be missing from there, and combine them with the original dungeon/castle tileset. A ruined castle that has been taken by forest, and probably even half sunken to he ground could make for some interesting architecture.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=4907
Lukaz2009
Hunting monsters while ignoring my mayoral duties.
First name: Lucas

Post by Lukaz2009 »

Willhart wrote:Sednaiur has made some nice SMB1 style tilesets. You can probably find some graphics you may be missing from there, and combine them with the original dungeon/castle tileset. A ruined castle that has been taken by forest, and probably even half sunken to he ground could make for some interesting architecture.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=4907
I can totally work with these. Thank you very much for helping me out.
Don't open the spoiler, or the Picklesaurus Rex will eat everyone!
You had to open it didn't you... Now the entire Talkhaus is doomed.
Lukaz2009 wrote:Monster Hunter: Where the Desire Sensor will bend you over, make you it's bitch, AND dash all of your hopes and dreams. All at the same time!
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Rockythechao wrote:
Demolition wrote:
Rockythechao wrote:Uncle Rewind animated.
[attachment=2]npc-101m.gif[/attachment]
[attachment=3]npc-101.gif[/attachment]

I think I overdid it a teensy bit.
These are awesome, you should note though that we're trying to keep all of the sprites in same 2x pixel resolution thing so you should probably draw the other uncles smaller.
Uncle rewind would look awesome giant though and big uncle broadsword can be used in a ton of ways.
*blink*

...wait, yeah, why am I... um...

I mean, uh, *ahem* that was all part of the plan! Yes, yes, my fiendish plan to... over-complicate things and make more work for myself...? Yeah, let's go with that. Muwahahaha and whatever.

(My bad, here's a smaller Broadsword, Rewind and the others coming soon to a thread near you)
[attachment=1]broadsword.gif[/attachment]
[attachment=0]broadswordm.gif[/attachment]
Got that uncle Rewind anywhere?