(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Leet »

the funny(?) thing about christianity is that in the bible there are these antagonists whos whole thing is that they use minutiae and obselete rules from the old testament in order to try and order people around for their own motivations and comfortability. they are focused on the persecution of people who are not following rules, and Jesus comes into conflict with them because he instead focuses on god's love. the bible literally included the "modern bad christian" in it all along.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Jayoshi wrote:[...] and I've lived through times where God really was the only thing which brought us through some tough times, [...]
[I picked this quote, but this is a reply to most of your post.]
See, this is one problem I have with Christianity. By saying that God brought you through those times you deny your own strength. Maybe it's strength that's rooted in your belief, but it's still your own strength. You yourself brought you through those times, and you deserve massive amounts of respect for that. God doesn't. An omnipotent being cannot be respected because everything they do is the easiest thing in existence, even creating existence.
Humility is very important to a certain extent, but Jesus's message boils down to love, love, and nothing but love, and that necessarily includes love for oneself. Be very proud. As long as your pride doesn't lead you to think you're better than anyone else, you can be as proud as you want.
FluffiMasta wrote:On one hand, you finally get to do whatever you like to do, with no one around (well, laws still exist) to tell you otherwise. But on the other hand, you have almost no money (probably) and you need to pay everything.
It's worth it. Independence is invaluable.
Every struggle has an end, and little feels better than to get to that end on your own.
Leet wrote:the funny(?) thing about christianity is that in the bible there are these antagonists whos whole thing is that they use minutiae and obselete rules from the old testament in order to try and order people around for their own motivations and comfortability. they are focused on the persecution of people who are not following rules, and Jesus comes into conflict with them because he instead focuses on god's love. the bible literally included the "modern bad christian" in it all along.
I read an interpretation of the bible somewhere that basically said that the Old Testament is what Jesus saved us from. So it goes something like "Look at all those dumb rules that used to be the norm. Good thing we don't have to worry about that outdated shit anymore. Thanks, Jesus!"
To me, that's the only interpretation that makes the bible worthwhile.
And then there are the Christians who exclusively worry about that outdated shit, ignoring everything Jesus taught.
Last edited by Piter Lauchy 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
You're awesome.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Piter Lauchy wrote: Every struggle has an end
Sometimes it's death, and the light at the end of the tunnel is but a train.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Clamestarebla wrote:
Yeah, but you're dead, so what's a train going to do to you?
You're awesome.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Piter Lauchy wrote:
Clamestarebla wrote:
Yeah, but you're dead, so what's a train going to do to you?
super-kill you
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Next time you see Obsessively Protective Mormon Parent (such as the one who installs NetNanny on all computers they touch and buys the Autocensor Option for his satellite tv), tell them "Hey, the Nephites didn't legislate morality, pal!"
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

raekuul wrote:Obsessively Protective Mormon Parent
That's my second favourite show! The first of course being Psycho Bitches Live Their Stupid Dreams Through Their Defenseless Child.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

the notification bar wrote:la da da da da ♪♪♪
it's the one and only d-o-double-g
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

[some] people shitting on their parents or otherwise frustrated with living with them

100% of people I know making similar complaints turn right the fuck around once theyre given the chance to live independently, you have to be prepared

if you have a terrible relationship with your parents now then it sure as hell will not improve when you leave so if you wanna live on your own, learn how to do it
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

On the matter of the interpretation of the bible's Old Testament, the explanation I've come to accept, from What's in the Bible, is the separation of Ritual and Ethical rules/holiness.

The Ritual rules were what the people of Israel were taught to follow to be a holy nation, set apart for God. These rule were meant for this specific group of people to show the world that they were following a different rulebook than the other nations around them. And they flubbed. A lot.

The Ethical rules were general laws about how to act. A code of ethics that applies to all lives.

The main issue is effectively determining the difference between them.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

FluffiMasta wrote:TBH I have quite mixed feeling about going independant and moving out.

On one hand, you finally get to do whatever you like to do, with no one around (well, laws still exist) to tell you otherwise. But on the other hand, you have almost no money (probably) and you need to pay everything.

This is why I try to make the best out of my time at home, even though I don't get along pretty well with my parents.
Due to really bad circumstances we had to move back in with my parents, and while my relationship is a bit better than it used to be, I still miss living by ourselves. You don't have to worry about anything else besides yourselves, and while money can be tight, it's nicer than having your parents bitch at you.

My mom's pretty understanding of our situation, but I keep feeling judged by my dad, and I hate it.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

So it was just pointed out to me that Elec Man's music is super similar to Faithfully by Journey.
I never made that connection, but it's pretty close.

Also All the Right Friends by REM is probably even closer sounding to Elec Man's music than Elec Man's music was to Faithfully.
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

No Lynch wrote:On the matter of the interpretation of the bible's Old Testament, the explanation I've come to accept, from What's in the Bible, is the separation of Ritual and Ethical rules/holiness.

The Ritual rules were what the people of Israel were taught to follow to be a holy nation, set apart for God. These rule were meant for this specific group of people to show the world that they were following a different rulebook than the other nations around them. And they flubbed. A lot.

The Ethical rules were general laws about how to act. A code of ethics that applies to all lives.

The main issue is effectively determining the difference between them.
There's also the fact that the Israelites had proven themselves incapable of living the higher law (the Ten Commandments weren't actually in the first codex Moses brings down from the Mountain, they're in the Second) which was more like Christ's teachings than anything else. So we got the Law of Moses instead, which was more in line with how the Israelites expected Jehovah's Laws to be.

You have to bear in mind that they had just left Egypt by means of Jehovah showing His power, so they were expecting His code of laws to be somewhat pagan. That they were expected to control themselves... that didn't exactly fit well considering the code of laws they had just left allowed for prostitution and murder and so forth. Never mind the fact that they were rejecting the code of laws that Abraham and Noah likely lived by.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

My internet buddy is doing a 3-heart Twilight Princess run in one sitting (and it's not a speedrun) so it should take a while. I'll be popping in and out but you should check it out cause he's cool
http://www.twitch.tv/macoge2042
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

raekuul wrote:
Pikabread wrote:as it turns out, making videos and actually advertising it places can get 20 people to watch them!
I know that doesn't sound like a lot but, come on! 20 whole people! like, 20 people in real life who watch and enjoy my stuff!
I know, right? I love it when I get hits!

That reminds me, I should probably advertise again that (1) I stream on Thursdays from 20:00 to 21:00 Eastern and that (2) I'm doing Boktai 1 on my Youtube channel.
I finally found what I was originally wanting to reply to this with: Read the alt text.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

:(
momo

Post by momo »

Pikabread wrote::(
better nerf greninja
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Man, I hope that the dual boot might actually work this time...
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir

Post by Gardenolva »

Rusbojis wrote:
Pikabread wrote::(
better nerf greninja
nintondo pls

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raekuul wrote:Doublepost
Good job breaking the notifications.
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

Alice wrote:
Huh, wonder how I didn't spot that when it happened. I can't delete the dupe myself because it's already been replied to, can we get a mod to delete the dupe?
Alice wrote:
Huh, wonder how I didn't spot that when it happened. I can't delete the dupe myself because it's already been replied to, can we get a mod to delete the dupe?
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Ashan wrote:My internet buddy is doing a 3-heart Twilight Princess run in one sitting (and it's not a speedrun) so it should take a while. I'll be popping in and out but you should check it out cause he's cool
This is still going on by the way. He's been playing Twilight Princess for over 18 hours so far, with 2 temples left (plus the current one he's in)
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

This message was brought to you by Kindle paperwhite.

It's a kindle, but it doesn't have a reading mode? :(
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Ashan wrote:
Ashan wrote:My internet buddy is doing a 3-heart Twilight Princess run in one sitting (and it's not a speedrun) so it should take a while. I'll be popping in and out but you should check it out cause he's cool
This is still going on by the way. He's been playing Twilight Princess for over 18 hours so far, with 2 temples left (plus the current one he's in)
Done now. He streamed for about 23 hours straight.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

And then there are the Christians who exclusively worry about that outdated shit, ignoring everything Jesus taught.
you mean Jews
the old testament is jewish
if you only focus on old testament, you're probably jewish and you probably focus more on what Moses said
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA