(shouting)

Wings of Vi - Not Myougi's Castle

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Wings of Vi - Not Myougi's Castle

Post by Jesuiscontent »

This game ranked 4th on the patreon poll.

Wings of Vi is a platformer by Solgryn that came out last year on PC. Being from the same creator as I wanna be the Boshy, it borrows many mechanics, such as the item giving additional jumps in midair, somewhat non-linear progress with a couple different paths and quite a few secret items, powerups distributed throughout the story, or very difficult and precise platforming.

However, probably because it is a commercial game, it does NOT try to be an I wanna be the XXX game : there are no invisible traps that force you to go back to the last checkpoint, and every enemy and new mechanic of the game is introduced progressively to the player. You can still expect thousands of deaths, especially to bosses. Also there are animu OC donut steel instead of videogame characters.

Also there's multiple difficulty settings ; I'm expecting raocow to have picked the normal difficulty, but I can't exactly say how much more difficult they are compared to the other ones, as I only played on hard like a dumbass. For reference, I'm at 3000 deaths and 30 hours of playing in this difficulty, and while I'm at the last level, I still didn't beat the game !

I like this game & pretty excited for this lp

Solgryn's Website
Wings of Vi on Steam

IanBoy141
THE dummy

Re: Wings of Vi - Oh Look at That, There's a Little Angel Girl

Post by IanBoy141 »

Oh crud! raocow might play this game? Sign me in!
Known as these guys on other forums
SMWCentral: IanBoy141
SMBX: Zonnepoes

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Our Cat Planet heroine has finally grown up!

...And out.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Oh, this piece of crap? Too bad.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

i'm scared
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

isnt he going to play the first 5 first?
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

RIP raocow 19something - 2015

"killed by patreon"

Also this game is godawful trash. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

devil zukin wrote:isnt he going to play the first 5 first?
Well he did start with startropics which was #5 and I remember him saying he's doing them in reverse order

It's ok though if I end up being wrong and big fish planet or whatever pops up this evening I can just delete the thread and noone will have time to laugh at me 8-)

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

okay but CANONICALLY the little angel girl was the last of her kind and now there are lots of them, now I don't remember if the cats on cat planet were supposed to help with that or something but I kind of doubt they can actually do anything so this raises some questions

my hypothesis? the angel queen hid herself in seven tetrads and after the events of cat planet, little angel girl had to travel through time to get them all thus combining them and bringing back the angel queen who birthed the rest of the angel girls back into existence (she's like a queen ant or bee or whatever and just expels a bunch of eggs) and thats why all the angels are here again
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

Jesuiscontent wrote:It's ok though if I end up being wrong and big fish planet or whatever pops up this evening I can just delete the thread and noone will have time to laugh at me 8-)
we can still laugh at you in the big fish planet thread

also this game (bless its sweet little heart) appeared to me, from what I saw of it, to be a game with that winning combination of Unfun Controls, Drudging Platforming, and Excessive Uncalled-for Tiddy. maybe there's something deeper to it that I'm missing but idk, get those gross jiggle pixels the fucko outta there first
:nb_pride:
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Wolfolotl wrote:
Jesuiscontent wrote:It's ok though if I end up being wrong and big fish planet or whatever pops up this evening I can just delete the thread and noone will have time to laugh at me 8-)
we can still laugh at you in the big fish planet thread

also this game (bless its sweet little heart) appeared to me, from what I saw of it, to be a game with that winning combination of Unfun Controls, Drudging Platforming, and Excessive Uncalled-for Tiddy. maybe there's something deeper to it that I'm missing but idk, get those gross jiggle pixels the fucko outta there first
Nope! I mean,it's a step up from Boshy, I guess, in the same way drinking rotten milk is a step up from drinking sulfuric acid.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Re: Wings of Vi - Hell yeah we're a Little Angel Girl

Post by Pikabread »

the aesthetic is uugh. Like come on, jiggle boob pixels? nice one solgryn, you really broke new ground there

but for what it's worth I actually like the game's design. God forsaken brutal as all hell, but everything is learnable and doable. It teaches you things. I think the people who hate this game just don't like the kind of difficulty and playstyle the game aims for and call it shitfucking trash without actually considering the fact that there are opinions other than theirs out there. I mean I really don't like any of the 3D zeldas but you don't see me parading around calling them trash without giving any reasons why I don't like them

the game definitely does have problems. despite that, this lp is gonna be HELLA fun to watch. except for excessive angrycow. because, I mean, that's expected to happen
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh maaaann I wanna play this before i watch this LP, gotta wait for sales sales sales
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

raocow wrote: drop jump
it's not something I've encountered ever
Yoshi did it in Toadette Strikes!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Gonna be in the minority here and say that I like the game's art style.

But then, I'm actually a giant perv so there's that.

Hopefully people will be able to talk about the actual game aspects of this one!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

I dunno, having an air jump after dropping from a ledge without also having a normal double-jump is really un-intuitive to me. It's like DKC without being able to roll, and rolling airjumps were what made that game what it was for me.

I mean hey look this game lets you customize your character hell YES that's a 10/10 for me i love things like that!!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

I mean I do like the overall art style, just not the overabundance of boobies. It doesn't bother me so much I can't play the game, just, why did it have to exist?

Anyway I LOVE this opening section to the game. It does a fantastic job of teaching you how jumping works. You're going to have to take those abilities and master them to an ART though.

Also funtimes with the other major element to the game coming next time and I'm ecstatic that rao's enjoying it so far
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

All the budget for attack animations were diverted to making sure Vi's chest jiggles all the time. Priorities!
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
https://nabe.talkhaus.com/

Post by Nabe »

I figured I would love this game. :D And I am so far. Interesting mechanics, hard but fair, nice pixel art, weirdo mocktroids.

Running from now 'til Canada Day!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

digging the soldexus music
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who objects to the boobie jiggle.

Any estimates on how long this is going to last?
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Oh man this game.

I went and purchased it a few weeks ago so the LP wouldn't spoil it for me, and I'm only on what seems to be the fourth level. Maybe I'm wrong, but I honestly think this game might be as difficult as boshy.

Really, really fun though. The number of movement combinations there ends up being is just crazy.

Also, the thread should have been called I wanna be the Vi
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Jesuiscontent wrote:
devil zukin wrote:isnt he going to play the first 5 first?
Well he did start with startropics which was #5 and I remember him saying he's doing them in reverse order

It's ok though if I end up being wrong and big fish planet or whatever pops up this evening I can just delete the thread and noone will have time to laugh at me 8-)
(psst, it's a joke, learn your Roman numerals)
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I saw Millbee play though the first bit of it, and it looked pretty cool, but for whatever, this first episode by raocow hasn't sold me on it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

SAJewers wrote:I saw Millbee play though the first bit of it, and it looked pretty cool, but for whatever, this first episode by raocow hasn't sold me on it.
I KNEW I'd heard of this from some LPer! Never actually watched any of his videos of it, though.

P.S. I've seen your name in the contributor list for the Mindcrack recap, and I'm always like "THAT'S THE GUY FROM THE TALKHAUS!"