Level Testing and Reviews

If you lost something come look for it here
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Level Testing and Reviews

Post by FFR »

have some goombas
well, I had some goombas
first things first: when submitting a level, you need to have everything except for the lvl file inside a folder, and you don't need to submit the luna var save text file. also, you forgot a star right next to the midpoint
the level was pretty neat until the midpoint, then things went south. the bubble goombas shaft is boring compared to the rest of the level... and the next section is pretty terrible, going back and forth in all that enemy spam is not fun and the gun doesnt even help that much. it got better inside the pipe, except theres a pretty pointless and mean bottomless hole at the end. so yeah, keep the first section, rework the second one
KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by KayhemMaus »

FFR wrote:warroom of notfighting 2.0
I like the edits, and that french assistant is neat! but that midpoint is very lopsided, it should be either one room before or not exist at all. also, I still think the rooms could use some more tables and stuff
Oh yeah, I forgot about the tables. I'll play around with some decoration, see what works. I think the battles are visually so busy tables would only distract the eyes from the fight though, so I'll be leaving them alone.

However, the midpoint lopsided? Well, there's only five battle rooms not six so it has to be uneven in one direction and in my opinion the hardest fight is the one after the midpoint. I stand by that choice. Which fights do you find the most difficult?
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by FFR »

KayhemMaus wrote:
I like the edits, and that french assistant is neat! but that midpoint is very lopsided, it should be either one room before or not exist at all. also, I still think the rooms could use some more tables and stuff
Oh yeah, I forgot about the tables. I'll play around with some decoration, see what works. I think the battles are visually so busy tables would only distract the eyes from the fight though, so I'll be leaving them alone.

However, the midpoint lopsided? Well, there's only five battle rooms not six so it has to be uneven in one direction and in my opinion the hardest fight is the one after the midpoint. I stand by that choice. Which fights do you find the most difficult?
well, I think this level doesn't necessarily needs a midpoint, but having it one room before should be enough. thats just me though, we could use more reviews
Granix

Post by Granix »

CloudyCloud wrote: Confused as in you don't know what to do after Daddy Star? Erm... So seemingly following the star is not really a common sense, eh? O_O
No, more like: suddenly a mushrooms, victory music! Surprised would have been better word I think.
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

KayhemMaus wrote:

I only died once, and that was exactly in the room after the midpoint. So for me, it was fine.
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Granix wrote:
CloudyCloud wrote: Confused as in you don't know what to do after Daddy Star? Erm... So seemingly following the star is not really a common sense, eh? O_O
No, more like: suddenly a mushrooms, victory music! Surprised would have been better word I think.
Well, I put mushroom there just to help the player to go through the stage(assuming that I extended the level)(just think that the daddy star is being kind and giving some help for Mario to help find his son.)

as of the victory music, I actually want a music that gives the feeling of "mission started", but I couldn't find one that fulfill my condition. <_<
Solaris
flowercuco

Post by Solaris »

Dragon Fogel wrote:Goomba Do Not Come from the House. Where the Heck Were You Raised to Think That? They Come from Mansions by Solaris
I happen to know this is Sol's first level, and with that in mind, it's a good effort. The flavor is great and I'm particularly fond of the edited Goombas.

Right now it's pretty sparse, and you have to backtrack through each room to return to the main hall. I'd recommend lengthening each room a bit and adding a shortcut back once you clear it.

I also felt like it could have used an actual fight of some sort at the end. Maybe not a full-on boss because it might be tricky to do the graphic editing to make the culprit act like, say, Boom-Boom. But still something where you have to deal with some obstacles before the resolution. By the way, I liked the resolution.

This is definitely a level I want to see expanded on. Keep it up!
Thanks!

I have some ideas on how to extend each of the segments, and the shortcuts are even implied so i dont know why i didnt think of that earlier! And I also have an idea on how to make the ending sequence more of a sequence, but i think i'd rather have it be a chase than a fight...
FFR wrote:solaris goombas are from mansions
I knew who the culprit was just by talking to everyone once :3
man, this level is super neat! here, have some pointers:
- the foyer could use some more peril... y'know, something that can actually kill you. you're being pretty generous with powerups, so you can afford to have a few enemies there
- some weird things happen when you go back to the foyer... if you go to the left, the intro text repeats ("AH! There you are, worry not...") and the little goomba girl disappears sometimes
- there needs to be a clear indication that, once you talk to anyone, you're choosing them as murderer. in this scenario, my first instinct was to talk to everyone again to see what they had to say about being accused. maybe put some policeblocks above each suspect, and you have to hit one in order to actually pick a suspect
- at the last screen, granny goomba has a weird graphic glitch thing going on
- once again, my standard complaint of "too short" applies... I want more episodes in this soap opera!
yeah i should probably make sure all of the dialog reads on the same level of Characterness...
i have a few ideas of where these glitches could be coming from and i probably need to make sure that theres no extra junk all over the layers and stuff ha ha...
and yeah, police blocks are a great idea! thanks!

/(=✪ x ✪=)\
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

HAVE SOME GOOOOOOOMBA
A fun little romp, but the part with the cannons was a bit too much, especially since the bullet bills are immune to fire. I'd recommend changing the actual bullet bill launchers with fake ones. Also, there's a star right by the midpoint - I assume this is unintended. Also it's kind of pointless to have to dig up the star at the end.
goomba murder mystery
This was a pretty cute level! I think it would benefit from extending the sections though. I second the police blocks idea that FFR had.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I'm way behind on testing levels. Let me try to correct that.

Big Boo Castle by ravegg
The Rotodisc near the locked door seems unnecessary; it mostly serves to intimidate and annoy, but doesn't pose much actual threat as far as I can tell.

I was momentarily confused at the start of the second section because you don't get sent to the middle of the screen; the first thing I saw was the blocks coming down from a pipe. I'd recommend extending the boundaries a little to the right so Mario's in about the same play, even if we're only going to see inside the wall. You could put something decorative there if you don't just want it to be solid wall.

After the first locked door: around here I conclude that I'm playing really badly today, so I put on god mode.

Had some trouble with the part with the yellow Parakoopas and the falling blocks. The first rotodisc in this section is a little pointless, too. And the key puzzle was confusing. As far as I can tell, you need a Yoshi; it might be good to have a sign outside the door with the generator so this is clear.

Looking ahead, since I didn't get past there, the boss definitely needs a regenerating source of damage, not just blocks. And the Yoshi-flying shaft after the midpoint is similarly unforgiving, since you have to die if you lose your Yoshi.

I also feel like the first half is a bit much. Maybe move the midpoint to the ledge with the second locked door? This way, if someone gets confused and dies at the puzzle for the key, as I did, they won't have to start too far back.

What I tried of it was pretty good, but I'm evidently not in enough of a SMBX mood right now to give it a proper try.
I was hoping to do more, but that seems to be about all I have in me right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll be more up for testing.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

Dragon Fogel wrote:I'm way behind on testing levels. Let me try to correct that.

Big Boo Castle by ravegg
The Rotodisc near the locked door seems unnecessary; it mostly serves to intimidate and annoy, but doesn't pose much actual threat as far as I can tell.

I was momentarily confused at the start of the second section because you don't get sent to the middle of the screen; the first thing I saw was the blocks coming down from a pipe. I'd recommend extending the boundaries a little to the right so Mario's in about the same play, even if we're only going to see inside the wall. You could put something decorative there if you don't just want it to be solid wall.

After the first locked door: around here I conclude that I'm playing really badly today, so I put on god mode.

Had some trouble with the part with the yellow Parakoopas and the falling blocks. The first rotodisc in this section is a little pointless, too. And the key puzzle was confusing. As far as I can tell, you need a Yoshi; it might be good to have a sign outside the door with the generator so this is clear.

Looking ahead, since I didn't get past there, the boss definitely needs a regenerating source of damage, not just blocks. And the Yoshi-flying shaft after the midpoint is similarly unforgiving, since you have to die if you lose your Yoshi.

I also feel like the first half is a bit much. Maybe move the midpoint to the ledge with the second locked door? This way, if someone gets confused and dies at the puzzle for the key, as I did, they won't have to start too far back.

What I tried of it was pretty good, but I'm evidently not in enough of a SMBX mood right now to give it a proper try.
I was hoping to do more, but that seems to be about all I have in me right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll be more up for testing.
As long as the vertical segment stays the way it is, you can't move the midpoint. It's already terrible enough having to restart that segment every time you lose your yoshi. I'd even suggest a second midpoint in an added power-up room right before the boss.
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

Round Up the Usual Suspects

"I didn't test two thirds of it". IT SHOWS!
Put the LEVEL and LEVEL_FOLDER together in the same folder. Don't put the LEVEL inside the LEVEL_FOLDER.
Too many unused files. There are 3 copies of the music in the folder. The wld file and savedVars and sav file are not needed.

Section 2:

It's confusing wheter the Koopa are the suspects or the NPCs below the Koopa. The blocks can be destroyed.

Section 5:

Water is not water.
The grey brick walls and wodden walls are hard to see next to the fences. It's too hard to tell where you can go through and where not.
I entered the pipe and was instanly punished for it. The pipe is one-way only. So I had to walk throug the whole section again to talk to the Koopa.

I only got the midpoint in Section 5, but when I died, I started at the Section 6 Midpoint, right next to the Koopa.

Section 6:

The mushroom blocks are placed so they're hard to get, and easy to die while trying to get them.
The door next to the koopa needs to work both ways.
Or, if I talk to the Koopa once, just make it so I don't have to talk to him again if I restart from the midpoint.

Section 4:

The jump to the coin blocks and the pipe at the top is very awkward and can only be done by duckjumping. Make some more room.
Also: insta-kill lava is not nice.
The thwomp above the lava is pretty much unavoidable.
The mushroom block is useless.
Jumping off the raft is difficult since you can bump into a raft part above you.

Section 7:

The door is an intant warp!
The level is unbeatable because you put the wrong star at the end.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

No Fighting in the War Room by KayhemMaus:
I like the new aesthetic touches.

I think it would be good to remove the Lava Lotus in the third fight after you clear out the enemies, and the fireballs (and maybe spikes and bombs too?) after defeating Lemmy. It's kind of silly to die after the fight's over.

The midpoint is well-placed, Lemmy's the hardest fight.

Maybe add in a running gag about how the AI doesn't like you jumping on doorways, because that's a big help in the first three battles so it's good to hint at it a bit, and then the spikes in the fourth fight can be played as an overreaction to that.
KayhemMaus

Post by KayhemMaus »

Dragon Fogel wrote:No Fighting in the War Room by KayhemMaus:
I like the new aesthetic touches.

I think it would be good to remove the Lava Lotus in the third fight after you clear out the enemies, and the fireballs (and maybe spikes and bombs too?) after defeating Lemmy. It's kind of silly to die after the fight's over.

The midpoint is well-placed, Lemmy's the hardest fight.

Maybe add in a running gag about how the AI doesn't like you jumping on doorways, because that's a big help in the first three battles so it's good to hint at it a bit, and then the spikes in the fourth fight can be played as an overreaction to that.
I was going to put a reference to the spikes in the idea that Lemmy did it and she'd remove them herself. I may add that.

I never thought about how they'd still be dangerous post-fight. it can be super annoying to die to something unrelated to the actual battle...
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Granix

Post by Granix »

My Own Take on the Blue Switch Palace by Pyro
I like aesthetics of this level, but I can't progress after hammer bro and blue block. I'm pretty sure something should happend, after hitting blue block but it does not.
Have Some Goomba by QuietProtag
Nice farm level. It's super enjoayble to slide kill them all xD Some of them comes out of projectiles, instead warp out, but it's nothing major. A little on a short side, but fun nonetheless.
Goomba Do Not Come from the House. Where the Heck Were You Raised to Think That? They Come from Mansions by Solaris
I like all of these Goombas graphics. I like how it's story centred and gameplay does not collide with it that much.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! by KayhemMaus
It's fun and with all the decoration it's quite nice to look at. I had no music in it, not sure if it suppose to be that way.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

My Own Take on the Blue Switch Palace by Pyro
A good level overall. I particularly enjoyed your musical choices. But there were a few issues.

-In Section 5, you can get trapped where the block generator is. There's a spike in there to allow you to die, but that's pretty far into the level. I ended up turning god mode on at that point just to get through.
-Section 6 has no power-ups aside from the ones before the boss. While it's not very long, getting hit is pretty likely. I'd recommend adding a mushroom near the midpoint.
-Similarly, some power-ups during the boss would be nice. One at every phase might be overkill, but at the least one or two over the course of the fight would be good.
-Speaking of the boss fight, the part where the shell bounces between switches is way too fast. I couldn't get up the switch ledges consistently at all and just turned on the jump cheat at that point.
-I liked the idea for the boss, but I feel like it could use better execution. While I thought the shell and blue switches were excessive, having more of the phases involve switch blocks would be good.

Despite the issues, I enjoyed this level quite a bit and look forward to seeing it once it's more polished.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Granix wrote:
I like aesthetics of this level, but I can't progress after hammer bro and blue block. I'm pretty sure something should happend, after hitting blue block but it does not.
Did you hear the weird noise? If you didn't, download the latest version of Lua. If you did, gravity should have gotten much lower.
Thanks for all of the feedback!
KayhemMaus

Post by KayhemMaus »

Granix wrote:Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! by KayhemMaus
It's fun and with all the decoration it's quite nice to look at. I had no music in it, not sure if it suppose to be that way.
I broke the music in an earlier version, the most recent version should have all that fixed. o.O I'll double check. I need to tweak those obstacles from the last post anyway so a FINAL FINAL version should be incoming in a little bit if you want to try again.

Though if you're not testing on a version with the .ogg enabled sound it probably won't work regardless. I'm under the impression the non-LUA hooked SMBX's can't play .ogg. Correct me if I'm wrong.
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So I've been trying to do levels, it turned out that the first one I actually finished was one I'd already tested but hadn't finished before.

Fiercely and Indiscriminately Murder by KayhemMaus
I like the basic concept of this level, but I think what gets to me about it is that it feels really random. As in, I mess up a lot, and when I do, the fast pace makes it hard to judge what exactly I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's just that particular aspect doesn't mesh with my overall style of play. When I play TOADS GONE WILD, a similarly fast-paced level, if I mess up I generally know why. Here I don't, beyond "whoops I didn't actually hit that line of enemies" or "I guess I wasn't running fast enough". Neither of which really feels in my control.

Also not very fond of the jump onto one-block-away platforms, that's too easy to mess up. It would be better if they were right after a set of solid donut blocks so you could run on them and then do a jump.

Overall, the level doesn't feel particularly deliberate in its design? If it was, that wasn't coming across to me. Mostly it feels too hard in ways that aren't really predictable or learnable. Not that it's excessively difficult, but it's enough that winning or losing feels mostly like luck.

To be fair, it may just be a clash with my general playstyle. I can beat the level without power-ups and I'm not a particularly good Mario player, so whatever gets to me about it, the overall result isn't really unreasonable.
KayhemMaus

Post by KayhemMaus »

Dragon Fogel wrote:So I've been trying to do levels, it turned out that the first one I actually finished was one I'd already tested but hadn't finished before.

Fiercely and Indiscriminately Murder by KayhemMaus
I like the basic concept of this level, but I think what gets to me about it is that it feels really random. As in, I mess up a lot, and when I do, the fast pace makes it hard to judge what exactly I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's just that particular aspect doesn't mesh with my overall style of play. When I play TOADS GONE WILD, a similarly fast-paced level, if I mess up I generally know why. Here I don't, beyond "whoops I didn't actually hit that line of enemies" or "I guess I wasn't running fast enough". Neither of which really feels in my control.

Also not very fond of the jump onto one-block-away platforms, that's too easy to mess up. It would be better if they were right after a set of solid donut blocks so you could run on them and then do a jump.

Overall, the level doesn't feel particularly deliberate in its design? If it was, that wasn't coming across to me. Mostly it feels too hard in ways that aren't really predictable or learnable. Not that it's excessively difficult, but it's enough that winning or losing feels mostly like luck.

To be fair, it may just be a clash with my general playstyle. I can beat the level without power-ups and I'm not a particularly good Mario player, so whatever gets to me about it, the overall result isn't really unreasonable.
I do assure you that while it looks super awkward, the design was intentional. And some of the enemies while super intimidating are avoidable. The trio of the leaping plants can be jumped over with a dashing jump at the perfect moment, for instance. I think you might be right that this is a clash of playstyle, I 'speedrun' so the design is all about constant momentum because that's what I'm good at.

I will admit that sometimes the bullet spawn doesn't feel consistent at times - I can do the same rush two different times with jumps but the bullet doesn't seem to fire the right time in at least one place. That was annoying even to me.

The hole-blocks are just after the long leap, right? If you keep your momentum from the long jump and just go for it, you should jump again as soon as possible, hit the side of the next chain of blocks which kills your momemtum enough so you simply shuffle onto the next platform to deal with the next section. I've never failed that jump unless I hesitated earlier in the run.
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

KayhemMaus wrote:
I do assure you that while it looks super awkward, the design was intentional. And some of the enemies while super intimidating are avoidable. The trio of the leaping plants can be jumped over with a dashing jump at the perfect moment, for instance. I think you might be right that this is a clash of playstyle, I 'speedrun' so the design is all about constant momentum because that's what I'm good at.

I will admit that sometimes the bullet spawn doesn't feel consistent at times - I can do the same rush two different times with jumps but the bullet doesn't seem to fire the right time in at least one place. That was annoying even to me.

The hole-blocks are just after the long leap, right? If you keep your momentum from the long jump and just go for it, you should jump again as soon as possible, hit the side of the next chain of blocks which kills your momemtum enough so you simply shuffle onto the next platform to deal with the next section. I've never failed that jump unless I hesitated earlier in the run.
That's the thing, I think. I tend to be strategic. That doesn't mean I can't do fast-paced levels, but it does mean I tend to take a moment now and then to evaluate the situation. That tendency, combined with the imprecise parts, make it hard for me to feel like I'm learning the level as opposed to stumbling through.

A more specific issue is that you can't really tell when a tricky jump is coming up until you actually get there, by which time you might have already messed it up. Basically, I think the reason it's not coming across as deliberate is that it's hard to "read"; you know the cues because you designed the level, but I've got nothing to go on except a general prompt to rush forward. Maybe it could benefit from some coins as a guide to the tougher jumps, or at least a warning that they're coming up.
KayhemMaus

Post by KayhemMaus »

Dragon Fogel wrote:
KayhemMaus wrote:

That's the thing, I think. I tend to be strategic. That doesn't mean I can't do fast-paced levels, but it does mean I tend to take a moment now and then to evaluate the situation. That tendency, combined with the imprecise parts, make it hard for me to feel like I'm learning the level as opposed to stumbling through.

A more specific issue is that you can't really tell when a tricky jump is coming up until you actually get there, by which time you might have already messed it up. Basically, I think the reason it's not coming across as deliberate is that it's hard to "read"; you know the cues because you designed the level, but I've got nothing to go on except a general prompt to rush forward. Maybe it could benefit from some coins as a guide to the tougher jumps, or at least a warning that they're coming up.
That's a good idea actually... I can use red coin exclaimation marks as an indicator, that's usually a good sign.

This is technically my first level, I'm not surprised I never thought of warning signs. I'll post a change up with warning coins and post the next iteration of War Room with it when I finish :)
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Have Some Goomba by QuietProtag
The first half's fun. I have a bit of trouble with a jump or two across the posts with Mario, but Peach can get through easily enough, so it's not that big of a deal. The tricky spots are the Goomba on a low post, and the one in the middle of the pipe; I have a tendency to miss those when I use Mario.

Second half... the bubbled goombas are fine, since they give you lives if you get the freebie star and they're straightforward enough with the flame propellor. But the area with the cannons is just a huge mess. It's hard to know what's going on or where to go, and it's very easy to get hit. At the very least I would recommend coin trails to the switches, maybe color-coded ones. The enemy spam feels excessive even with that, though.

Section 2 is a little weird with a character who can't slide (Peach, Toad, or Link) but doesn't seem unreasonable. That said, so far I've only gotten there using god mode.

Overall, a fun level, except for the part where you have a ridiculous number of Goombas shot at you.
Granix

Post by Granix »

Show Me The Money! by KayhemMaus
The idea of taking all the money is neat, but I've got confused, because I was able to go on second ship thanks to the 1st npc-ship, so I wasn't so sure what to do at first.
That moving layer destroys whole fun. I mean you must be fast in collecting rupies, to be sure that npc-ship will spawn in accessable place and sometimes in tight corridors (2nd ship) Mario refuses going left while jumping.

The boss. 1st half is okay, but his "cannons" shoots immedietaly after last text, so it's super easy to get hit. The idea of freezing stuffs is good, and I think the shell generator kills it. I think it's better to just have ice flower generator. Whatever the case, helpful stuffs should just warp, instead to shooting out, as shell can hit the boss sometime. And boss for some reason slowly goes lower.

The 2nd phase is just hard and unenjoyable after the 1st half. I don't think it's neccesary to fight Mother Brain twice.
My Own Take on the Blue Switch Palace by Pyro (for real this time)
Pretty level with fair difficulty. Honestly the only bit I didn't enjoy was super shaking in that one room and the fact that you can collect dragon coin by glitching up. I really like fight with Switch and ending was just perfect!
KayhemMaus

Post by KayhemMaus »

Granix wrote:Show Me The Money! by KayhemMaus
The idea of taking all the money is neat, but I've got confused, because I was able to go on second ship thanks to the 1st npc-ship, so I wasn't so sure what to do at first.
That moving layer destroys whole fun. I mean you must be fast in collecting rupies, to be sure that npc-ship will spawn in accessable place and sometimes in tight corridors (2nd ship) Mario refuses going left while jumping.

The boss. 1st half is okay, but his "cannons" shoots immedietaly after last text, so it's super easy to get hit. The idea of freezing stuffs is good, and I think the shell generator kills it. I think it's better to just have ice flower generator. Whatever the case, helpful stuffs should just warp, instead to shooting out, as shell can hit the boss sometime. And boss for some reason slowly goes lower.

The 2nd phase is just hard and unenjoyable after the 1st half. I don't think it's neccesary to fight Mother Brain twice.
Yeah, that first ship has been a thorn in my side, I've been thinking of how I can change the transition or somehow otherwise block it from going further. I think I can fix that fairly easily as I do it later in the level. Or I might make Bowser's speech more obvious in what you're supposed to be doing, like 'And I do mean all the money or you're finding your own way across' because you can bullet jump across to the second ship also if you do miss your first ship.

I had the going left issue as well but only if I jumped too close to the wall. I might make that part a tile wider so it shouldn't be so frequent.

Yeah, I tried and I tried to get those cannons to stop firing immediately. I might have to place them on a separate event to stop that. I can get rid of the shell if you think that would improve it but if you get hit it will leave you defenceless. I only added it in because if you don't have ice flower you're gonna struggle while the friction balls destroy your face.

Mother Brain 2 I was considering just making it a Big Boo Boss so it doesn't take as many hits but I don't know if 3 hits for the second stage is too few or something. I did try to make both Mother Brain's health lower but for some reason the LunaDLL refused to co-operate.
[EDIT] OH I'm a dumb! I can just have the first transition ship 'dock' with the money ship at the front so it can't go any further. Man, that's such an obvious fix I can't believe I just thought of it.

[EDIT 2] Oh, and as for

Boo Brain slowly going lower

I don't know what to tell you. The tethering to the Invisible Koopa must be at fault, but I don't know why it does it.
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Granix

Post by Granix »

KayhemMaus wrote:[EDIT 2] Oh, and as for

Boo Brain slowly going lower

I don't know what to tell you. The tethering to the Invisible Koopa must be at fault, but I don't know why it does it.
There's two invisible Parakoopas instead of one. After removing one of them it's fine now. But Parakoopa cannot have random direction, because it's not moving for some reason.

KayhemMaus wrote:
Yeah, I tried and I tried to get those cannons to stop firing immediately. I might have to place them on a separate event to stop that. I can get rid of the shell if you think that would improve it but if you get hit it will leave you defenceless. I only added it in because if you don't have ice flower you're gonna struggle while the friction balls destroy your face.

Mother Brain 2 I was considering just making it a Big Boo Boss so it doesn't take as many hits but I don't know if 3 hits for the second stage is too few or something. I did try to make both Mother Brain's health lower but for some reason the LunaDLL refused to co-operate.
Honestly, after getting rid of going lower problem, the 1st half is more enjoyable and not that hard. I tried it without shell and didn't had that much problems. Also I suggest to add mushroom under midpoint bar, so that player get ice flower before boss for sure.
I think 3 hits for 2nd boss is just fine. It's hard to dogde these fireballs and fast moving blocks doesn't help either.