:o its a lower case!! it would be cute if it wasn't creepy
also, the world is literally a non-working TV, wat
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: Simple Screenshot/Video Thread

Post by Willhart »

Weird Goonie wrote:Preview of the level "A Deadly Dreamland Level":

(My first ever posted screenshot on Talkhaus yay!)

You are probably guessing wrong on what is happening in the screenshot.
Kirby graphics and tilesets are fairly underused. I also like the night time atmosphere, and the level name sounds inspiring.
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by FFR »

S1eth

Post by S1eth »

Those are some high resolution wings. Really stands out considering everything else in the game has pixels 2 times the size.
Last edited by S1eth 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by FFR »

I got lazy with some of the graphic swaps :roll:
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

S1eth wrote:Those are some high resolution wings. Really stands out considering everything else in the game has pixels 2 times the size.
Also the platforms have an uneven pixel aspect ratio, lmao
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

MURDER THE TRAINS

tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

Need I explain more?
tangeruse - Mission, Evil Sky_Section_1.png
tangeruse - Mission, Evil Sky_Section_1.png (10.54 KiB) Viewed 9276 times
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

1.PNG
1.PNG (43.57 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
3.PNG
3.PNG (74.29 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
2.5.PNG
2.5.PNG (71.7 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (73.68 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
5.PNG
5.PNG (74.15 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
4.PNG
4.PNG (73.26 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
6.PNG
6.PNG (79.3 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
8.PNG
8.PNG (79.6 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
7.PNG
7.PNG (79.19 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
optional 2.PNG
optional 2.PNG (44.51 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
Simple explanation: So the star, for some reason, becomes egg, and it then sinks into the water, so Mario needs to rescue the star.

Welp, this level just happened. :)

Can I just submit this version? :3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e37t1 ... g_Star.lvl

I just got lazy for now. :)

I know it is not level submission thread, I just put it here since this is not really the version for submission yet.

I just have the idea of a silly opening, but I don't really know how to design a suitable-themed level to continue.
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

CloudyCloud wrote:stuff about a level
Perhaps you could have a miniature level before the star, and perhaps you could have to catch the star before it falls into some lava?

anyway here's a shot of So Few Dudes. Talking to the blue koopa at the beginning causes a bunch of goombas to appear, and killing them all makes a door show up.
tangeruse-sofewdudes_Section_1.png
tangeruse-sofewdudes_Section_1.png (480.48 KiB) Viewed 9248 times
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

tangeruse wrote:
Perhaps you could have a miniature level before the star, and perhaps you could have to catch the star before it falls into some lava?

anyway here's a shot of So Few Dudes. Talking to the blue koopa at the beginning causes a bunch of goombas to appear, and killing them all makes a door show up.
before which star? the opening star or the ending star?
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

CloudyCloud wrote:
tangeruse wrote:

before which star? the opening star or the ending star?
before the opening star
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

And this is basically the idea that I have for water disaster.

A level that required you to clean up the plumb like a plumber that you were.(Well, Mario is originally a plumber before he is a princess-saver: Don't forget this setting. :) )

And this is based on the experience that I have heard from surrounding: A lot of irresponsible people throw stuff onto drain, causing the clog to happen, and thus flood happened.(and some certain mosquito spawn then to cause Dengue fever. If I am able to even include mosquito to make the water disaster more disastrous, it will be nicer.)

I am just mumbling to myself here:
1. Mario starts from the safety place where many Toads are at also. Some Toads are found sick and lying down unconscious and they look very red feverishly.
2. You will be given bomb(The one that can bomb the whole screen) to help you kill off the animals(like fish) when you talk to a certain guy. That certain guy will say something about killing mosquito only after you clear the flood.
3. When you enter the flooded area, you find out that almost the whole valley is flooded, and there are a lot of mosquito on the sky, while a lot of sea animals at the water area. It is still raining though, and actually it may be able to move away the water only by clearing all the pipes.(The flood is just this terrible and the rain is just this heavy. Maybe you remember the Primary Maths: If raining can bring 45ml of water per second, each pipe can clear 10ml of water away per second, I have only 5 pipes on the valley. Does it mean that I need to clear all of the pipes to START clearing the water slowly?)
4. It is not compulsory to kill all the animals at the flooded area, but it is required to kill off the mosquito(but it is the later stuff). You need to clear up the entrance to each pipes.
5. For each pipes, there will be some obstacles/monsters to clear. You can bring bomb if you require. I am thinking if I should consider the ending of environmentalist(where you don't use even one bomb to handle all the monsters/mosquito) as the requirement of secret ending.
6. After you clear all the pipes, the water will slowly go down. When the water is all cleared away, there will be an elevator.
7. Even if the water is all cleared, the mosquito is still there(And actually there will be more for some reason), so what you need to do next is to kill off all the mosquito.
a. With bomb, maybe it will be simple. But, you won't be in environmentalist ending.(Hint: the bombs are the chemical. ;) )
b. Without bomb, it will be harder. But, you will get into the environmentalist ending.
8. When all of the mosquito are cleared away, all of the toads will come back to the valley. If you do get into environmentalist ending, you will see a certain goddess.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

arabsalmon wrote:<video>
Ahaha, I hadn't been paying too much attention to this thread earlier but... this is kind of fantastic. I look forward to what comes of it.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Pizza tileset I threw together for "Ewww! the Torpedo Ted [sic] are all Covered in Pizza!"
And good lord are tilserts annoying to make with this engine...
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Pizza tileset I threw together for "Ewww! the Torpedo Ted [sic] are all Covered in Pizza!"
I absolutely 100% fully expect this level to have generic italian pizzeria music in the background, do not disappoint me
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Horikawa Otane wrote: That's beautiful =D
Thanks! It definitely turned out better than I expected. I'm not entirely sure how that happened, mind, since as far as I know I'm not supposed to be able to draw at all, but...hooray for happy accidents?
arabsalmon wrote:I absolutely 100% fully expect this level to have generic italian pizzeria music in the background, do not disappoint me
I'm afraid that wouldn't quite fit the atmosphere of the level (which is...ah, shall we say, "distinctive"), but I dare say there's another cliché-based surprise in the first section that should fill the requirement. And a pizza-based song (no, not "That's Amore") certainly appears at some point in the level!
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:I dare say there's another cliché-based surprise in the first section that should fill the requirement. And a pizza-based song (no, not "That's Amore") certainly appears at some point in the level!
clichés are the single greatest form of rhetoric and don't let anyone tell you different

unrelated screenshot, progress is being made
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

hopping1.PNG
hopping1.PNG (43.35 KiB) Viewed 8946 times
hopping2.PNG
hopping2.PNG (48.89 KiB) Viewed 8946 times
First two screens made for "a hopping jungle level".

My idea is to make the player able to only hop.

Anyway, make a guess: what reference am I making in the second screen? Please name the exact term.
(Hint: it is related to something that is a nightmare to many people while in school. This hint is quite a big hint already, I think. But, how does the hint help to get the exact term?)

(Hint2: The number of turtles.)

Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

CloudyCloud wrote: Anyway, make a guess: what reference am I making in the second screen? Please name the exact term.

It looks like a Sierpinski triangle to me, but that's probably wrong. It's probably the fact it's the powers of 2.

S1eth

Post by S1eth »

CloudyCloud wrote:text

Pascal's triangle, but I don't get the "nightmare".

CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Hoeloe wrote:
CloudyCloud wrote: Anyway, make a guess: what reference am I making in the second screen? Please name the exact term.

It looks like a Sierpinski triangle to me, but that's probably wrong. It's probably the fact it's the powers of 2.

No. Well, I would agree that the shape looks similar, so you are not far from the answer. I don't really know about this term: I only know that triangle to be the triforce.(Zelda's reference)

But now that I see this shape, this may be a better idea to use that shape instead of Pascal Triangle.

Edited: Then again, now that I see carefully again, I accept your answer as alternative answer. Just let you know that it is not the thing in my mind when I make that.

S1eth wrote:
CloudyCloud wrote:text

Pascal's triangle, but I don't get the "nightmare".

Yes. Nightmare is Mathematics. Well, I don't know about you, but I saw some people do think that Mathematics is nightmare/demon.