(shouting)

Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Grounder

Re: Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

Post by Grounder »

Grounder is a Sonic character.

As for the rest of it...

The spoopiest Vocaloid song in existence.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
dr_vblschrf
may or may not be an actual fox
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by dr_vblschrf »

Name: explained in the thread for it but the short version is it's a character from a really bad story I wrote in 8th grade and the name just stuck.

Avatar: also a character from a story of mine, much more recent and (I hope) better than the other one. This one's drawn by one of my best friends, who's a really super-good artist. This is link to their work.

Sig: Not much to say here.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

This is Ivan from Golden Sun. Avatar made from this picture.
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

Name: Kirby is one of my favorite characters and blue considered my favorite color.

Avatar: Lil Bub (http://lilbub.com) in a Terran Marine outfit.

Signature: A funny Emperor's New Groove/Adventure mashup I saw on Facebook.
"That's embarrassing"
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Name: Two friends and me once decided to make a very bad good rap band (for the German-speaking folks reading this: Similar to Fresh Dumbledore, only way worse better). Piter Lauchy is my pseudonym in it. Piter's pronounced like the name Peter and Lauchy contains a phoneme that sounds like someone suffocating on a piece of carpet to English ears. That's my guess anyway.

Avatar: It's Buddy Jesus from Kevin Smith's Dogma. I love the film and even though it's obviously just taking the piss, I love the idea of switching out cross-Jesus with this version. I don't consider myself Christian, but I think that he was a pretty rad dude.

Sig: Spread the love.
You're awesome.
Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Post by Nathan the Talkmaus »

Name: I used to go by "Ronin Catholic" and "Ronintendo" on most other websites and make up names/backstories for my various fursonas as I changed species (fox, bat, wolf, tanuki, various hybrids, etc). When I changed to dormouse in 2013 I just said "Screw it, I'll use my real name because that's what everyone always calls me in the community where I'm most prominent anyway" and added variants of "the Mouse" or "the Dormouse" at various points with no consistency between sites. When raocow announced the first MaGL X signup being on the Talkhaus, I decided to sign up and figured "Talkmaus" was thematically appropriate for my new environment.

Avatar: I drew the sprite intending it as an avatar anyway, probably the in spring of 2013. The reasons for it being 20x20 are twofold:
1) 100x100, 80x80, and 120x120 are the most common acceptable avatar dimensions I'm familiar with on various sites so 20 pixels scales very nicely with all of them and
2) 20x20 is the size for a tile / character map sprite in my RPG engine of choice so it's what I've been used to drawing since 2003.

After getting my new computer around a month ago, I decided to draw the other three directions for my sprite's facing and update it with the added white from some of my newer art.
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

the name is from Snorunt (a pokemon I like) and Pyro Guys (enemy from Paper Mario I like). Snorunt + Pyro = SnoruntPyro :shock: :shock:

Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Just a selfie. :)
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

Not sure if I ever posted here? Welp, here goes

The name for my first account (and what I use still on a lot of services, such as steam) was PichuVSLink, which I only really came up with upon finding a picture of a pichu dressed as link. That's were I really started developing my 'internet identity' if you want to call it that.

The name I use nowadays and what I will continue to use, Pikabread, came from a blank mind trying to come up with a name for a tumblr account. What do I like? idk pokémon and bread

While PichuVSLink/Pikabread are my more 'formal' or full names for stuff I generally just go by pichu, which is why I have it in my "first name" field.

The avatar (currently) is a trainer sprite I drew of myself a while back. While not bearing any resemblance to the real me, it's what my trainer looked like the first time I played through Pokémon X.

And the signature is made up of avatar credits, pictures others have drawn of me, and some revolving skypehaus jokes or other nonsense.
Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Post by Nathan the Talkmaus »

My signature is because I got the closest guess for MaGL X2's number of levels. Everyone else was lowballing into the low 100s and I decided to go with 255; we wound up with just over 270 and so since I was so close I was given the Horikawa blessing.
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015
Kukironosuke
You can call me Kuki
First name: Travis
Pronouns: he/him/kirbys

Post by Kukironosuke »

Name-

When I was about 14-15(2004-2005) my twin brother and I had a shared online identity and went by the name Kirby on an mmorpg and in general online on msn messenger and such, around the age of 15-16 I made a character named Kurby(and some called me ku) to distinguish myself from my brothers character. Time went on and I wanted to make a more personal nickname for myself, around that time I was just getting into naruto and was getting my weeb on so I just went with something that sounded Japanese, nosuke is a common suffix on Japanese names, the ku prefix is from Kurby, the I threw Kiro in the middle because I thought it flowed and sounded nicely, like kojiro the blue cuckoo from Zelda oot

The shortened nickname kuki(koo kee) came sometime later

I've been looking for an appropriate avatar, but all of the pictures I've tried are too large, and I don't know how to shrink them without making them look terrible, I'll keep looking, it will probably be some variation of Kirby, or anime character

Sig- also been thinking of things to put here, there is so much I like to share with people but I have a hard time not overdoing things, once I start listing hobbies I go on and on and don't stop, so I'll probably just find a nice quote or something
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

making your own sprite is a good way to get a nice avatar
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

As a dumb 11 year old, I used to love Pokemon cards and was looking forward to the release of a certain game called "Halo". I mixed the pronunciation of the words "holographic" and "halo" and then spelled it out. I was dumb.

My avatar comes from art for a game I was working on called Decima: The Last Story of Vald, which had to be cancelled because the tools being used to develop it were deprecated. I hope to go back to it at some point.

My signature comes from the game I'm currently working on professionally. It's basically a 3D metroidvania, so it should be interesting.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

i still do love pokémon cards

send help

it's a money funnel
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Kukironosuke
You can call me Kuki
First name: Travis
Pronouns: he/him/kirbys

Post by Kukironosuke »

my new avatar-

kirby sugar cookies

i got my avatar from a google search, i cropped and shrunk the image

here is the pinterest link from Joanne L

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/421438477 ... rstitial=1

it says it came from sailorobnoxious.tumblr.com, which doesnt seem to exist anymore
Solaris
flowercuco
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Solaris »

cucumber quest is a webcomic that i enjoy very much and that's where i got my avatar from! the character is almond! she's going to win!!!

name is a convoluted story involving naming link and spanish for sun and not the other things named solaris. i like to think i'm the best solaris. 8-)

/(=✪ x ✪=)\
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Solaris wrote:cucumber quest is a webcomic that i enjoy very much and that's where i got my avatar from! the character is almond! she's going to win!!!

name is a convoluted story involving naming link and spanish for sun and not the other things named solaris. i like to think i'm the best solaris. 8-)
Isn't that the one by the person who did the MGS and Persona 4 comics?
Solaris
flowercuco
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Solaris »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:Isn't that the one by the person who did the MGS and Persona 4 comics?
yeah! gigi d.g., she's great.

/(=✪ x ✪=)\
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

My avatar is Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia

And she's the quiet one until she gets angry
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Post by ParmaJon »

Name: ParmaJon comes from me stuttering at a diner ordering chicken Parmesan.

Picture: is from a search for the most ridiculous lycanthrope, so I found half man half moose.

Significance: Both of these were used for skype for more than a year.
Go to bed

Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

Name- my name with the word "man" at the end. I needed a username once and couldn't think of anything original, so...
Avatar- sprite of a character I made for a game of Cortex
And I don't have a signature. Yet.
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

The information in here remains the same. I have since then added some more avatars to my randomizer.
  • The Groke from The Moomins. Source of nightmares for generations of children.
  • Flag of Finland. Represent the Fatherland!
  • A black cat, Aztec Rave Monkey and 2 Uboas, all from Yume Nikki. YN is a game I find very facinating.
  • A loading icon. Computers and the Internet can be really frustrating at times. I think an endless loading animation pretty much sums it up.
Location is the name of this song, translated into English (or at least one way it could be translated):

Here's one translation of the lyrics into English. They're still, sadly, timeless.

Flair is because I too often feel like I'm dumber than I actually think I am.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Name: A random thing I made up for an MMO when I couldn't use 'Taokaka'. I grew into it.

As for my Youtube name as a consolation, it made during a time when I was overly obsessed with Tails (I still think he's cute as hell). The first part is just the Romaji of his Japanese name. 'FX' comes from the usage of 'GX' in an episode of Sgt. Frog (Keroro Gunso) where they make fun to the usage of 'EX' to make an attack more powerful by upping the first letter to make it more powerful than 'EX'. I specifically chose 'FX' because it's part of the acronym for 'SFX'.

Avatar: Phantom Brave: We Meet Again Digital Art Disc. So much good stuff here.

Sig: A bunch of random stuff I've found over the years.

Who has the most?
Njord_Nytilflytter
The danciest of dansker

Post by Njord_Nytilflytter »

Name: I took my real life name and kind of figured out how it would equate to a possible name in another language.
On youtube my user name is a character I had thought up back in middle school but never got very far with, just had the name really and I liked how it sounded so I used it.

Avatar: I made this one by combining some Nordic runes that sort of indicate the meaning of my name.

Sig: I...I do not think I ever made one actually? I have never been great at sigs, I just never know what to put in them
I really need to be more active here.