(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Re: MaGL X2 - IT BEGAN AGAIN

Post by No Lynch »

I WANT TO SAY STUFF BUT SPOILERS PREVENT ME FROM DOING SO

Zygl

Post by Zygl »

SAMPLE TEXT

FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Wow,

the rankings really are reversed this time!

Also:
FrozenQuills wrote:Based on what I've seen of their levels, here's a list of peeps who I predict would be high up in the rankings:
Runner ups:
Unanium
DANG IT NOT AGAIN
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

So, Dry Bones was attempting to be Pushmo by the looks of it.

Anyway, insert your own laziness excuse here for my own level. At least it's out of the way now!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

today was just sad :(
Kitet
what!!
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Kitet »

thus we have entered the land of memes and mailboxes

What's the music in the new hub section though? It sounds really cute o:
FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Re: MaGL X2 - IT BEGANS AGAINS

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

Neat dry bones, I say. Nnooooot too sure what to say about the second level, though it is pretty goofy. I gotta wonder about the third if the music is there but wasn't named properly? I remember seeing something in the discussion topic about music not playing if it didn't have part of the level / folder name in its name with a slash and such.

Also I should maybe use the spoiler bit from now on...? Seems to be getting popular.
Zygl

Re: MaGL X2 - IT CONTINUES TO BEGIN

Post by Zygl »

I am glad we're getting toward the end of jokeleveltime, while I don't really mind the joke levels yet they kinda make for a 'kinda there' video, I feel. Or maybe the jokes this time just kinda fell flat I dunno.

e: Though I did get a bit of a kick out of Luigi's head suddenly being Shaq, I legit didn't even notice until rao mentioned it.
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Hey look! A black bar!

but anywyas, Unanim's level utterly broke my mind and I'm still trying to recover
:pal: Image :pal:

Doruge

Post by Doruge »

Dunno how my level made it this far, but I suppose it's a good thing...
Animita
Pronouns: Him/Her

Post by Animita »

So...THAT level was "dank" one would say.

Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

I'm agree with that sentiment about being glad that joke-level-land is going to be over soon. I feel like the joke levels of the early sewers didn't... overstay their welcome as much?
I feel like joke levels come across best (at least in video) when concise... (unless the joke is supplementary to actual gameplay)

Also, alternate name for one of today's levels:

Silence of the Goombas

Last edited by Rednaxela 8 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by FFR »

the shaking background hurt my eyes, I hate stuff like that -_-
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

you get the idea
263rd - adamwcz: 'So. How Do You Feel About Makeshift Dry Bones?' - 17.33 (16/21/15): This is actually a neat (unfair) puzzle. But I can see other peeps not enjoying it.

262nd - Unaniem: 'Let Me Show You What I Know of Deep Kitchens on the Hyrule Lake' - 17.34 (23/11/18): If you submitted this last year in place of "Shaken, not Stirred" I'm preeeeeetty sure you would have gotten 3rd instead of 4th.

261st - Grounder: 'Have Some Goomba' - 19.66 (21/15/23): We actually have a few obstacles here and there now! Not bad for a first level.
World 1 looks really good by the way! And I'm also wondering where the music is from.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Penguinator44
Long time listener, first time caller

Post by Penguinator44 »

Jokes levels are great inbetween actually good levels

It's too bad that in a contest they all end up bunched together but hey what are you going to do?
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Kitet wrote:What's the music in the new hub section though? It sounds really cute o:
It's "A Finnish Town" by dizzy / cncd
http://aminet.net/package/mods/pro/SuomKaupunki

I wanted the music for the first section to be something happy and upbeat. The song is also only 144KB thanks to the format.

The levels today had generally a little more gameplay in them, but they still were not too serious.
Last edited by Willhart 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

This does not expand dong :(
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

raocow was clearly channeling the spirit of Mr. Rogers at the start of the video.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
SnackJackSJ
*Pressing controller buttons and plucking guitar strings furiously*
First name: Adam

Post by SnackJackSJ »

I would suggest that in any future contests, we take all of the obvious "joke levels" and shove them all into their own little clown car. At least we'll come to expect a bunch of them in one place and not be anxious about when the actual levels will show up. They can still be given scores, I just think it would be more pleasing to play and watch when you know what you're getting in a specific place.

At any rate,

the Dry Bones monolith was super neat, and the crazy background in "Let me show you what I know of deep kitchens on the Hyrule lake" was pretty crazy. It still baffles me what can be done with the new and improved SMBX engine and dll nonsense.

Last edited by SnackJackSJ 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Whoa! Jack plays Mario Hacks?!
peace, love, and music
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

Whoa! Unaniem used the same gimmick of

a bunch of goombas falling on you after you collected the star

raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

raocow can't tell black people apart
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

i realize that this is like two days too late but question: why does everyone think that Estate is a joke level and not a plea for help
"i like bugs"
t
FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

RenaTurnip wrote:This does not expand dong :(
No worries, I'm sure there'll be plenty of future levels to aid dong expansion.
I'm probably still too green here to be attempting these jokes, sorry :|
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

I actually wanted to make a legitimate attempt for my entry this time around (actually had quite some ideas ready and thought out), but loads of real life issues got in the way. Still I wanted to submit something at the very least, so I decided to try and make the stupidest bollocks I could come up with at the moment (but still have it be moderately simple because the aforementioned issues).

I'm glad people seemed to enjoy the stupidity as I hoped it would be enjoyed (at least most seemed to have, apologies to people who had trouble with the background (no apologies to the people who just dislike stupid memes you guys are a bunch of unfun dorks)).

The Goomba shower at the end is indeed a reference to my previous entry, for those who have noticed. The invisible coin blocks with the ahegao face were also included again (in much greater numbers, actually) but rao skipped past them :c
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

Hey some actual levels! Glad to see we're finally getting to the real game, even though we haven't even reached scores over 20 points.
So. How do You Feel About Makeshift Dry Bones?- Puzzle levels can be really fun, but there wasn't really much to solve. Half of the level is a red herring that really shouldn't have been there, and the only "puzzle" is to hit random boxes to find things. Traversing the dry bones looked pretty annoying as well, with requiring the go through the wall glitch to pass once you grab the feather. The concept of climbing and finding stuff was neat, but it wasn't done well.

Let Me Show You What I Know of Deep Kitchens on the Hyrule Lake- Well meme'd. At least it was playable, which is good, considering I was reminded of this level. https://youtu.be/Ta6E-ZRgWyc?list=PLHoM ... IZlDtLfdVr

Have Some Goomba- Hey a level! It actually has a nice running theme of goombas all over the place, and some cool ideas like the goomba lakitu. Unfortunately there are some big problems holding this level back, such as a lot of enemy spam and being pretty barren. It doesn't do anything memorable, and the lack of music made it feel even more empty. However, with a lot more polish, length, and some more interesting obstacles this could be really good.
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop