(shouting)

MaGL X2 Discussion - MaGL X2 Lands TOMORROW. GET. HYPE.

Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Re: MaGL X2 Discussion (Final-Final Count: 272 Entries + 31 Bosses!)

Post by Rednaxela »

I think my level is very deserving of that comment...
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

Dog In Da Grass wrote:
WestonSmith wrote:Just went back and upgraded my entry.

I mean, it's about three months too late to mean anything, but I made improvements anyways.

...Anyone else go back and try to fix their junky levels?
I don't have any junky levels that need fixing.
Before the end of the contest I learned raocow had an older computer... So I had to SERIOUSLY nerf my level's aesthetics and stuff... I essentially had to go back and make my level more junky.
ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

FusionWarrior wrote: Before the end of the contest I learned raocow had an older computer... So I had to SERIOUSLY nerf my level's aesthetics and stuff... I essentially had to go back and make my level more junky.
let's be honest, it''s for the best. it ran so slowly on my old laptop that it was literally unplayable
:nb_pride:
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

I felt at some point that I should ask Horikawa whether I could ask for my level to be taken out of the contest. I don't actually want to do that anymore, but yes, I do believe it's that bad. Worse that all than my uploaded A2XT levels. Worse than the first version of Bat An Eye.
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

Wolfolotl wrote:
FusionWarrior wrote: Before the end of the contest I learned raocow had an older computer... So I had to SERIOUSLY nerf my level's aesthetics and stuff... I essentially had to go back and make my level more junky.
let's be honest, it''s for the best. it ran so slowly on my old laptop that it was literally unplayable
It might work on Super Mario Wohl'd, when it's finished... seeing as it's anticipated to be written so much better.
ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Wolfolotl wrote:
FusionWarrior wrote:Before the end of the contest I learned raocow had an older computer... So I had to SERIOUSLY nerf my level's aesthetics and stuff... I essentially had to go back and make my level more junky.
I'm curious how fast the original version of this level would have run with one of the new versions of LunaDLL. There have been a few things I've done that tend to improve SMBX performance to a degree.
(My guess: It would probably be little better, maybe even playable, but still likely to have a fair bit of slowdown on a computer it was unplayable on before)
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

only 8 more levels need to be judged aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

So once the judging is actually over, how much longer would we have to wait until the full package is prepared? I assume there's a bit more going on that Horikawa wants to finish and the relay level is kinda lagging behind (unless that's gonna be a separate entity entirely).
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Quill started going in on the bosses, yessss, my body is ready Image
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Kapus wrote:only 8 more levels need to be judged aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

So once the judging is actually over, how much longer would we have to wait until the full package is prepared? I assume there's a bit more going on that Horikawa wants to finish and the relay level is kinda lagging behind (unless that's gonna be a separate entity entirely).
I'll be marathonin the levels to the hubs with Blivsey hopefully fairly quickly and painlessly. I have nothing else to do during this week, so it should not take too long. Then the hubs need the filters implemented too, and we still have to do some final testing to make sure that everything is ready and working.

I wonder if some of the post game levels will be implemented after the raocow LP has started.
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Oh my gosh we're so close.
raocow you better not wreck your face badly on that magklx LP.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Is this actually happening? I think the hype broke me, I don't know how to react. Image
:pal: Image :pal:

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

It'll still probably be at least another week until the LP starts, two or three weeks at maximum, is my guess. But it's so close I can feel it!
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

So, will you compile the first episode completely before starting on the second so that the LP can start as soon as it's done rather than having to wait until the second episode we won't get to for probably over a month is complete as well? Or is there some reason you have to finish both?
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Ignoritus wrote:So, will you compile the first episode completely before starting on the second so that the LP can start as soon as it's done rather than having to wait until the second episode we won't get to for probably over a month is complete as well? Or is there some reason you have to finish both?
It's probable that the second will need to be at least started to get the star counter thing working, but otherwise it should be possible to finish the first episode before the second, I think.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Ignoritus wrote:So, will you compile the first episode completely before starting on the second so that the LP can start as soon as it's done rather than having to wait until the second episode we won't get to for probably over a month is complete as well? Or is there some reason you have to finish both?
There are two hub makers, so it only made sense to work on them simultaneously to safe time. We could technically switch the first hub from one person to another according to the timezones to make sure that there is someone working on it at all times. Moving only the lvl-file for the hub would not take too much time.

It might be a good idea to change our strategy to ensure that Horikawa gets as much time as possible to finalize the first hub.

Edit: there will need to be some between episodes compatibility, so this might not actually be a good idea.

Edit2: doing it won't probably be needed either. We should be able to finish the hubs fairly quickly anyway.
Last edited by Willhart 8 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

(sees that only one judge is left)

The hype is real guys.
"That's embarrassing"
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

This was a while back, but I remember Horikawa saying that she'd release the individual levels after the videos.

Obviously that's not ideal for maintaining star collections, though. Unless something can be done about that?
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Release the HUB/OW first, then release levels daily?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Wow, it seems so strange to think that the LP is actually close to starting! It's felt far away for so long, and now bam!, it's suddenly only a week or two away.
I don't really get it but okay
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

I feel like I barely even remember what my level is like.

But yeah, Otane has the right idea, best to just be patient and wait till raocow finishes everything before we worry about releasing the levels.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote:I feel like I barely even remember what my level is like.

But yeah, Otane has the right idea, best to just be patient and wait till raocow finishes everything before we worry about releasing the levels.
I think the hub and postgame aren't coming out until after the LP, but she's going to make the contest levels available as raocow plays them?

I'm super glad for that if it's happening, to allow more people to play the levels blind. I bet there will be a number of people who want to "play along" and see the levels for themselves before watching raocow.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

I'd rather have daily level releases than weekly level packs, if we are going with the releasing levels as we go idea.
FFR

Post by FFR »

horilady, why don't you put the other 2 judges to work? I mean, you've done plenty already, just give quill and sturgeon a swift slap to the back of the head and tell them to release the levels daily in your stead
FFR

Post by FFR »

aaaww, I wanted to see you sodomize 2 poor bastards....

...er, I mean, um, gah, LOOK THERES A THING *runs*
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

Horikawa Otane wrote:is this where you sign up for magl x2
"That's embarrassing"