(shouting)

Willhart's video game atlas and art storage.

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Willhart's video game atlas and art storage.

Post by Willhart »

I'll post maps of my previous levels here, and maybe some drawings too if I find any. I may write some commentary for these later.

ASMBXT MIX part 1

Most of these levels are very old, and finding the download link for this game does require some searching nowadays.
Full game can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zwotc ... ASMBXT.zip

I don't know how to set PGE to A2XT graphics, so some of the sprites will look different here.

Tree of Broken Memories.
ImageImageImage
Welcome.
Tutorial of Spikes.
ImageImageImageImage
Snowy Evening.
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Willhart's video game atlas and art storage.

Post by FFR »

neat stuff, I remember all of those levels
the screenshot from "welcome" reminds me of terraria!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I'm sure people probably know about this, but you can right click the images and then press "View image" to see a larger version of them. These are also in the order of time I made them so far. I figured out how to make not grainy graphics during Treasure Island.

ASMBXT MIX part 2

Blood Cavern
ImageImageImageImageImageThe trick for making unique blood splatters, is to make a bunch of small blood droplets and then arranging them on different shapes on top of each other.
Treasure Island
ImageImageImage
Four of a Kind
The conversion of graphics for this level was originally started by Darhychao. They also made an example level, I used as a base for it.
FFR wrote:neat stuff, I remember all of those levels
the screenshot from "welcome" reminds me of terraria!
The style in that level was heavily copied from a person called Iv4n. He made some extremely complex and organic levels for his two Pekka Kana 2 custom episodes "Iv4n Island" and "Iv4n Island 2". The community for that game is kinda death right now though.
FFR

Post by FFR »

wow, that blood cavern is too spooky, I was all like "lets open this spoiler tagOHGODNOKILLIT"
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

FFR wrote:wow, that blood cavern is too spooky, I was all like "lets open this spoiler tagOHGODNOKILLIT"
i'm still firm on the notion that raocow should play the game (space funeral)
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

*0*
ImageImageImage
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Soon after and during the play playthrough of ASMBXT I started making these levels. I still had some ideas from the previous game, and I saw some possibilities in the engine and the graphics that were still worth trying.

A2XT MIX Part 1

Just Rusty
The images are not too interesting in this one. The focus was more on the puzzle and the gameplay aspects.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Static Life
Dream area uses a custom tileset. It is made from sizeable platforms. I wanted to make something unique with this level.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Not sure why that one image is kinda broken. It does show how the illusion works, so I did not fix it.

Fruitcat Clouds
This was my first attempt on a sprite based tileset. I wanted to challenge myself, by finding ways to get around the limitations of the blocks and background graphics. The end result was very pretty.

ImageImage
Ivy wrote:
FFR wrote:wow, that blood cavern is too spooky, I was all like "lets open this spoiler tagOHGODNOKILLIT"
i'm still firm on the notion that raocow should play the game (space funeral)
I would like to see that game played too someday. The colors and the grain of the Blood Cavern don't really show on the video, and I did not spoil the original song that played in the real game, just in case raocow wanted to try it someday.
FFR

Post by FFR »

so, apparently you're mr maker-of-neat-levels guy, cos I remember all of those levels you've displayed so far! and that rayman cloud level, I freaked out the first time I saw it, so many memories!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

FFR wrote:so, apparently you're mr maker-of-neat-levels guy, cos I remember all of those levels you've displayed so far! and that rayman cloud level, I freaked out the first time I saw it, so many memories!
That one took a long time to make, since I pretty much copied the first section of the level from gameplay videos. I do still have all of the rayman tilesets I found somewhere, but I deemed most of them unusable due to them having a huge amount of tiles.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

How can I have your skills? Which demon(s) do I have to make a deal with?
EDIT: Why don't you just fuck off?
Last edited by Mikkofier 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I won't be home for a while soon, so you may have to wait some time for my more recently made contest level maps.

A2XT MIX part 2: The BONUS edition

Mishi Test
Who is this person? I dunno
ImageImage
Desert Town
Photoshop has some nice features that make tileset conversion and resizing very easy. They are "slice tool" and "droplets".

The Library
raocow made some excellent backgrounds for his library level. I noticed that they worked pretty well with black tiles.

Mikkofier wrote:How can I have your skills? Which demon(s) do I have to make a deal with?
At the start I didn't really have much knowledge on the smbx engine and custom graphics. I knew some really good music though, and those were used as a base and inspiration for my levels. I had some experience with the PK2 tileset, so I spend a lot of time figuring out ways to convert it to smbx early on. I tend to write my ideas down and illustrate them sometimes too, so that the npcs will have something to say and I have the theme of the level nailed down as it is made.

I usually start building the levels as I'm converting the graphics, but thanks to new programs it's not really necessary anymore. Getting known with the resources is still very important. It requires some amount of perfectionism to make sure that every tile looks natural, and connects to the environment. Some sense of humor is good too, and usually the levels have some kind of story to tell.

Your level "Alternative Invasion" was a very good example of a well made and funny level. You can always try asking people for video reviews on your levels and to get some good feedback. Also practicing the use of different tilesets that people might not have used too often is a good idea too.

When placing a lot of tiles, placing as much as possible of one type of tile first can safe you some time. If there are two variations of a grass tile for example, placing about one half of the area with the first tile semi randomly, and then filling in the caps with the second tile, ensures that both tiles are used equally.

Edit: I have a deal with the Space Demon siblings of course.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Here are my Tower of Biased levels.

Hopefully they are inspiring for some people.

Reetus Man's Level (Tower of biased 6)
The graphics on the rainbow area don't look like they should on the large screenshot, so included a smaller one too.
Red vs. Blue (Tower of biased 7)
This was a big reference to Team Fortress 2 and Iv4n Island 2. The music on the background was a midi-version of Mission Impossible, and the graphics are based on "There is a picture" by Ghost Mortis.
Fallout Wasteland (Tower of biased 8)
This is one of my best works, for the number of references is trough the roof, and I managed to make them blend to a new thing fairly seamlessly. The level layout was made to transfer from nature to more industrial, and I was able to use the tileset really well. The boss at the end did not work as well as I hoped though. The boss area is not included to the screenshots.
Ghosty Lake (Tower of biased 9)
A Christmas themed level with some OFF references and an idea I've wanted to use for a long time. Music is from M.O.T.A.S.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I'm testing some AUS-style drawing. Using only select view colors seems to work somewhat.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Here are some years old doodles I made around the time I was on college. I might start posting these from time to time.

Magic cats and robot suits. (Located near the bottom of the page)

Other random cats.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

These all need to be NPCs in the hug world for MaGL X3.

EDIT: I am not fixing that typo >:c
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
momo

Post by momo »

RenaTurnip x Willhart OTP
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

More cats. You might remember some of them from one of my early levels. This was mostly just me trying out different faces and poses for them.

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

This. This is what larger sheets of paper should really be used for.

I like the one in the donut in the bottom right :D You can't convince me it's not a donut. It looks different from the other ones in skirts!
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Here is some fanart I've drawn before.

Random ABCD.

Christmas1.

Christmas2.

Japan.

Momodora3.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Re: Willhfart's video game atlas and fart storage.

Post by Pikabread »

aw man! super pretty!!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Here are some quick images I made for forum games.

Daily scetch

Roll the dice: Scenario 2.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
These were made as a little bonus for those who were still playing the game at the time.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Simple coloring and shadow practise.

Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Here are Mishi and Pandamona. Also I think I know who made the clothes for them.

Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Quick avatar thing for the week.