(shouting)

Horikawa Plays Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
aterraformer

Re: Horikawa Let's Plays... MaGL X.... MAYBE.

Post by aterraformer »

10/10 would watch

As far as tutorials go, I don't know of any. I just kinda payed more attention to the way raocow and others edited things, opened up (I think it was at the time) Camtasia (though I'd much more suggest Windows Movie Maker if you're on a Windows) and emulated what he did. Just kind of excise excessive entering levels due to death/secret exits and what not. Fast forwarding winning runs or secret exits is a thing but not necessary for SMBX since no save states/rewinds. Edit tab > split is your best friend. I could go into more detail if you'd like.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

You could always rotate guests to keep commentary fresh
That crazy voice dude
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Given the tragic circumstances surrounding the creation of my level, I really wouldn't feel comfortable seeing it played again.

I'd be okay if you skipped it.
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

No advice when it comes to editing (cause I don't know how), but I would totally watch this.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Horikawa Otane wrote:gauge of interest
I for one have too much interest to fit on a gauge.
e: Though I'm pretty sure that goes wthout saying.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Don't worry too much about editing like crazy in the beginning. I recommend Camtasia Studio 7 if you can acquire it, but a lot of people still use Windows Movie Maker. I'm not as familiar with that one, though.

Honestly, if you want to try, do a test run for it because it can be tricky at first to get the hang of both audio balancing and syncing. That way, maybe we could give you better advice.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I've been able to accomplish my editing needs with MM, but if you want a more professional program prepare to open up those purse strings
That crazy voice dude
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

I think it might be kinda cool. It'll be interesting hearing how certain levels held up (or didn't) over the course of a year and after playing through a new contest. Maybe even getting some commentary of "I remember the first time around..." type of thing.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I'll dedicate another tab in the raocow window on my monitor for you!
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Sounds good! I'd watch.

As the reasons to use a microphone add up, though, you should consider getting something other than your webcam mic!
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Don't have any helpful links 'n stuff, but just thought I'd chime in to say I'd watch that too.

EDIT: Oh, and kinda second Ditocoaf's mention about mic. No idea if you want to go through with getting a better mic, but if you do, I'll just mention that I personally like the Samson C01U that I have. I've never done LP recording myself (mostly use it for casual music recording or occasional voice chat), but I know some popular LPer-folk use the C01U to good effect. There's cheaper stuff out there that's decent I'm sure, and there's also pricier options out there, but just one anecdote of what I've had good luck with.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

I'd check out your LPs if ya did them.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

-indicates maximum amounts of interest but in like a really casual manner-
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Maybe you can have guests in your video, possibly the level creators. Kind of like with the Cortex podcast.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

ano0maly wrote:Maybe you can have guests in your video, possibly the level creators. Kind of like with the Cortex podcast.
This sounds like the coolest thing ever. I would also never torture Horikawa by asking her to do this for MaGL X2 and all the spin-off projects after, even X1 sounds like way too much honestly xD; But oh man it sounds cool.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

ano0maly wrote:Maybe you can have guests in your video, possibly the level creators. Kind of like with the Cortex podcast.
Kinda depends on whether the creators are actually going to be available. If we can get everyone who participated to offer some live commentary that would be a good thing, but I probably won't expect everyone to have time to chat it up with the Otane while she goes through the level, even in post-production. Still, if that can be a thing, it'll be awesome--especially if we can get Ryuu to talk about his level in the postgame!
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

You should get the devs to come on and play their own levels. That way you technically don't have to do it yourself but there can be a dialogue going.

And it would mean you don't have to do all of them. Just whomever volunteers.
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

For what it's worth, I would totally watch and do commentary for my level! Sounds like a fun project.
I'm probably driving right now.
QuietProtag
also known as luigiman09, rip 2010-2014
First name: Félix

Post by QuietProtag »

Commentary? My accent is weird and a bit awkward, but I wouldn't mind doing commentary on my level o:
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Ooh... levels creators guest commentating sometimes sounds really interesting! I'm rather curious what some would have to say for themselves...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I watched the first video. I don't see any issues from it. The video runs smooth, and you even have it where I can still hear the game audio between parts where you're talking over it and asking questions about the game environment.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Second video has audio desync though (At least with gameplay). Other than that it's silky smooth.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Gotta agree, the quality's superb and definitely LP-worthy.

Can't wait for this series to get off the ground!
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Oh wow, those recording tests have pretty gosh darn good video capture quality. Even 60fps eh I see. Audio doesn't seem too bad either. Nice stuff.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Rednaxela wrote:Oh wow, those recording tests have pretty gosh darn good video capture quality. Even 60fps eh I see. Audio doesn't seem too bad either. Nice stuff.
Hey, when the OpenGL Render is done... Does that mean I can use dxtory to capture SMBX?!
Not the way I was doing it actually. Because of the way SMBX does two-player mode split-screen rendering, I had implemented the OpenGL Renderer as an off-screen renderer for each player's view, and then let SMBX built-in handling of split-screen run as-is. The easiest way to make it compatible with dxtory would impose a 1-player-mode-only restriction on SMBX.

EDIT: Actually... thinking I might give it a try making it 'dxtory-compatible', for all cases, even in split-screen mode. Partially because doing it that way should have some side-benefit of making the renderer faster in general if what I have in mind works. It'll be a little more work, but could be worth it.