(shouting)

MaGL X2 Discussion - MaGL X2 Lands TOMORROW. GET. HYPE.

Fawriel

Re: MaGL X2 Discussion (Final-Final Count: 272 Entries + 31 Bosses!)

Post by Fawriel »

Garlyle wrote:I keep forgetting that the A in MAFAB stands for "awesome" and instead keep thinking it's "make a fun-ass boss"

also 100 pages HYPE or something (just wait for the actual LP's thread when we're all yelling about placements!!1!)
I'm in too deep in the social justice business so I keep reading it as "Make a Female at Birth". ._.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Fawriel wrote:I'm in too deep in the social justice business so I keep reading it as "Make a Female at Birth". ._.
You must be DEEP because of all the people I know (and avoid) this would literally have never come up, haha... That actually sounds like a really wacky level name, to be honest `~`
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Magicians Are Fabulously Adamant Businessmen
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

pholtos wrote:Magicians Are Fabulously Adamant Businessmen
This makes me think I need to make a SMBX level where I implement a proper Magikoopa enemy, except dressed as a businessman.
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

RenaTurnip wrote:
Fawriel wrote:I'm in too deep in the social justice business so I keep reading it as "Make a Female at Birth". ._.
You must be DEEP
Yeah. [looking dramatically into the distance]

Yeah.
DullahanDodgeman
The Incompetent

Post by DullahanDodgeman »

I'm still scared that somehow my level will end up being rated terribly. Which is very unlikely, considering the lowest-ranked levels in MaGLX were all...not too good, and my level is at the very least not broken and isn't just gimmicky switches and layers. I think my favorite part of my level is my lack of knowledge on how to make certain things work the way I wanted and I had to build the level around it. It made a section in the second half way more interesting than I had originally planned.
Also no projectile/rinka spamming, which is always a plus.
Is this the spot where I place my order for a large pizza?
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

I'm hoping my level doesn't upset people (in terms of difficulty). Also, if a troll level isn't in the bottom tier, I'd be surprised.
"That's embarrassing"
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Oh dear.

I just woke up from a dream where talkhaus was like, a physical social meeting place and not a forum, and in all the MaGL X2 hype the forum had actually divided into several large factions working on separate, high-quality/budget post-MaGL projects, and The Lost Levels was still one of them (I was a part of it) and there was another one where instead of taking rejected names, this one group was making their own wacky names, and the main characters had been replaced by a Samus-like boy and a young Solid Snake, and they asked me if I wanted to join their group to make a level for the project, and I said I was too busy and apologized :( And then another group decided they wanted to include me in their post-MaGL project and made graphics of me really quickly and showed off a demonstration level where I was involved in a joke plot involving a joke love triangle with Demo and Horikawa, and a lot of hidden block switches. Everyone was working non-stop to push their post-MaGL project to be the greatest, grandest thing thing ever.

Oh dear.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

RenaTurnip wrote:Everyone was working non-stop to push their post-MaGL project to be the greatest, grandest thing thing ever.
Is your dream my life?
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

RenaTurnip wrote:separate, high-quality/budget post-MaGL projects, and The Lost Levels was still one of them
"Still"? That would imply we have a budget at all. That's silly. You're silly. MaGL X: The Lost Levels does not have a budget.
Shhhh, if they find out about the 'budget' they'll shut it down and then how will we get people to make levels?
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

blue_kirby wrote:I'm hoping my level doesn't upset people (in terms of difficulty). Also, if a troll level isn't in the bottom tier, I'd be surprised.
Well Holy's "joke" level last year did get 2nd place somehow.
Oh yeah, is anyone hoping to have their level be one of the judge's favorites this year or if they think it has a chance to be one of them?
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by FFR »

FrozenQuills wrote:is anyone hoping to have their level be one of the judge's favorites this year or if they think it has a chance to be one of them?
yes! it would be lovely if my level was someone's favorite
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Well, I think I officially outdid myself in terms of the post-game.

I set a PRETTY high bar last year, but I totally managed it.
Everybody get hyped for Shigeru Miyamoto's level!
e: Only for real this time!!
Kerkec

Post by Kerkec »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Well, I think I officially outdid myself in terms of the post-game.

in this year's post-game: horikawa summons the spirits of past nintendo employees to design levels
romajiQuadhash
typos "raocow" as "roacow" (and I TAS)
First name: Romaji Quadhash
Pronouns: ke/keh/ker

Post by romajiQuadhash »

RenaTurnip wrote:Oh dear.

I just woke up from a dream where talkhaus was like, a physical social meeting place and not a forum, and in all the MaGL X2 hype the forum had actually divided into several large factions working on separate, high-quality/budget post-MaGL projects, and The Lost Levels was still one of them (I was a part of it) and there was another one where instead of taking rejected names, this one group was making their own wacky names, and the main characters had been replaced by a Samus-like boy and a young Solid Snake, and they asked me if I wanted to join their group to make a level for the project, and I said I was too busy and apologized :( And then another group decided they wanted to include me in their post-MaGL project and made graphics of me really quickly and showed off a demonstration level where I was involved in a joke plot involving a joke love triangle with Demo and Horikawa, and a lot of hidden block switches. Everyone was working non-stop to push their post-MaGL project to be the greatest, grandest thing thing ever.

Oh dear.
This is the point when you need to go on other sights more often
This is a sig
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

romajiQuadhash wrote:

I just woke up from a dream where talkhaus was like, a physical social meeting place and not a forum, and in all the MaGL X2 hype the forum had actually divided into several large factions working on separate, high-quality/budget post-MaGL projects, and The Lost Levels was still one of them (I was a part of it) and there was another one where instead of taking rejected names, this one group was making their own wacky names, and the main characters had been replaced by a Samus-like boy and a young Solid Snake, and they asked me if I wanted to join their group to make a level for the project, and I said I was too busy and apologized :​( And then another group decided they wanted to include me in their post-MaGL project and made graphics of me really quickly and showed off a demonstration level where I was involved in a joke plot involving a joke love triangle with Demo and Horikawa, and a lot of hidden block switches. Everyone was working non-stop to push their post-MaGL project to be the greatest, grandest thing thing ever.

Oh dear.
Actually that is the exact right amount of hype for MaGL X2.
PKBeloved
Don't ask about the space plants

Post by PKBeloved »

romajiQuadhash wrote:

Oh dear.
Wait, are you telling us that there is more things in life then a Canada-like-man on the internet?
Good lord I said some stupid stuff here when I was younger
Image Ver.2.1 now with a balanced fighting system, that lost of fun to play to be honest. You'll notice when playing that Demo has more HP and Strange, as where Iris has more PP and defense, she also grows just a bit faster, but her states grow slower. Also, furba sprites has been finished!
Zia Satazaki
Floof Incarnate
Pronouns: she/they

Post by Zia Satazaki »

First-time level and boss maker too, at least for this engine!

...though I barely even used the engine for my boss <.<

Also, preeeetty sure my boss at least is safe from copyrightderp, seeing as how I made the music myself >.>
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Oh man can't wait to find out that raocow's parents made a level! Or that someone from Zanyhost really did feel bad and not only made a level, but also managed to bring back all the lost posts from the Talkhaustrophe.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

you... you resurrected gaston through the harvard necromancy department and made him do a level ;_;
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

raocow wrote:you... you resurrected gaston through the harvard necromancy department and made him do a level ;_;
omfg raocow ;w;
Imipolex G
very dairy
Pronouns: any

Post by Imipolex G »

Gaston's level is probably the best one in it
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

There's also probably a level made by raocow's retired microphones and controllers.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Quack.