(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Alice »

KobaBeach wrote:
Alice wrote:Also I don't think I ever got that far in that game. It was one of two games I got with my Gameboy Pocket when I was like 8 or so and I didn't have internet so I got stuck at some point and never got past it.
do try it out sometime
it's a little rough around the edges, but it's still pretty good
I definitely should some time. Despite getting stuck on it I'd actually thoroughly enjoyed it up to that point. It'd be nice if it got a VC release on the 3ds so I might actually finish it though. I have a really bad habit of never finishing things if I play on a pc emulator.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

I got around to playing Psychonauts finally. It's one of the few games I've played where I end up having sheer, unadulterated fun, of which some developers seem to have forgotten how to create.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

At Stage A in CV4
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Compushwa
waow
First name: shwa

Post by Compushwa »

been playin' persona 3 portable lately. find it kinda whack how as a male you're forced to be a manwhore and have a romantic relationship with every women you have a social link with, but as a female mc you got a choice. guess when they ported it over they were too lazy to write new social link shenanigans for the dude. 3:
Alice

Post by Alice »

I got all but one bandage in world 1 of Super Meat Boy (I'm missing one in the dark world somewhere and didn't feel like looking for it) and A+ed the first 9-10 light world Hospital levels and got all bandages plus warp zones to that point. Would have kept playing because I was enjoying myself but now I have a nasty and fairly bloody blister on my thumb because apparently my controller's buttons are made of sandpaper.

Also wondering how some people get these absurd times on some levels. Even my record on the leaderboards from my old save is faster than I managed on the world 1 level where all you do is literally jump across a wide gap to reach the end. I couldn't get faster than 1.48 seconds with Meat Boy even though my personal record on the level is 1.38 seconds. Dunno what the hell you could even do to improve the time there.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I cleared the last puzzle of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future just now.

I really enjoyed it, and that ending utterly destroyed my heart with its sadness.

That was the last game of the original trilogy... oh well, I really love that franchise, so I think I might give the prequel trilogy a chance.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Stage B in CV4

I'm at Dracula
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i beat super castlevania 4

it's a very well designed game, and it does get super good at the end, but the extremely dull earlygame spoils it for me
overall, it was a job well done

i didn't use the "secret stash"/invisible staircase while fighting dracula btw
i did use a bit of pause buffering to help me position myself on dracula phase 2's electricity beams (so i could see where it's safe to stand)

hope that doesn't count as cheating!!!!
Image Image
Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer

Post by Euparkeria »

Doesn't seem like cheating to me. :ugeek:
Cool banner by Neutron Star!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That's not cheating at all, so you're fine.

Mario Party 10 is okay. Not good, not awful, just okay. The game's way more streamlined from the moment you boot it up. No story mode, but the one real knock I have against the game is that there appears to only be five main game boards. I don't know if there's an unlockable one, but 9 did have seven boards at the very least. It's still doing the car thing, so if you hated that about 9, this game won't change your mind on it. Haven't tried the Amiibo or Bowser modes yet, but I won't get my hopes up on those either. Again, it's an okay game from what I've played.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

broke my drought of playing tetris, so I'm trying to beat it now. (get to level 20)

Here's my progress so far:

I hope I can get my head wrapped around controlling the trajectory, otherwise I'm not sure how to get any higher than level 12.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i beat the entirety of final fantasy mystic quest in one day and all i got was this lazy photoshop

and also this glitch i triggered by sheer accident

not a bad game, but very bland
in terms of beginner's jrpgs, i'd recommend ff4 easytype, ff6 or ff7 over this

if you think this kept ff5 out of the west you are a silly goose and deserve a time out in the corner
same if you think secret of evermore kept seiken densetsu 3 out of the west
Image Image
Alice

Post by Alice »

KobaBeach wrote:and also this glitch i triggered by sheer accident
How in the world did you manage that?
not a bad game, but very bland
in terms of beginner's jrpgs, i'd recommend ff4 easytype, ff6 or ff7 over this
We'll have to agree to disagree there. Mystic Quest is my second favorite Final Fantasy after the GBA remake of FFII.
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it in the past, but drop what you're doing and go play the demo to Undertale right now. Earthbound-inspired RPG. It's incredible and very, very worth your time. I really don't want to reveal any more because it's got a few twists that it's better to experience than to read about.
I'm probably driving right now.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Alice wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:and also this glitch i triggered by sheer accident
How in the world did you manage that?
From GameFAQs:
Battlefield Reset

When fighting in a battlefield against an enemy that can selfdestruct, make sure all but that one enemy is dead. Also, make sure your hp is low enough for the selfdestruct to kill you as well. Wait for the enemy to selfdestruct and kill both of you. The battle will end, you will gain all the experience, gp, and even the battle count will decrease, and then it will ask you to try again. Do so and repeat the previous steps until you see that you have won the prize for defeating all the enemies. Win the next battle and exit. The battlefield icon will look like one that has been cleared out and the battlefield will now say: Battlefield Round 255 of 10.

Contributed By: Sirhic.
Image Image
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

zmonbobbo wrote:Don't know if anyone's mentioned it in the past, but drop what you're doing and go play the demo to Undertale right now. Earthbound-inspired RPG. It's incredible and very, very worth your time. I really don't want to reveal any more because it's got a few twists that it's better to experience than to read about.
THIS.
I played it a couple months ago, and... Image
Alice

Post by Alice »

KobaBeach wrote:From GameFAQs:
Battlefield Reset

When fighting in a battlefield against an enemy that can selfdestruct, make sure all but that one enemy is dead. Also, make sure your hp is low enough for the selfdestruct to kill you as well. Wait for the enemy to selfdestruct and kill both of you. The battle will end, you will gain all the experience, gp, and even the battle count will decrease, and then it will ask you to try again. Do so and repeat the previous steps until you see that you have won the prize for defeating all the enemies. Win the next battle and exit. The battlefield icon will look like one that has been cleared out and the battlefield will now say: Battlefield Round 255 of 10.

Wow, since I've never needed a faq for the game and never managed to get myself into a situation like that I've never managed to run into that glitch before. That's kinda hilarious. Only glitchy sort of thing I've come across is curing the final boss. I forget the exact mechanics but so long as you're under a certain level, curing him with the main character (only the main character for some reason) deals absurd amounts of damage. If you're too high of a level though (I think it cuts off around level 34 or 36 but I forget) the damage actually ends up so high it wraps around to absurd healing instead. (We're talking about ranges from like 12-30,000.)
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Alice wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:From GameFAQs:
Battlefield Reset

Wow, since I've never needed a faq for the game and never managed to get myself into a situation like that I've never managed to run into that glitch before. That's kinda hilarious. Only glitchy sort of thing I've come across is curing the final boss. I forget the exact mechanics but so long as you're under a certain level, curing him with the main character (only the main character for some reason) deals absurd amounts of damage. If you're too high of a level though (I think it cuts off around level 34 or 36 but I forget) the damage actually ends up so high it wraps around to absurd healing instead. (We're talking about ranges from like 12-30,000.)
If I remember correctly, the reason it doesn't work if Phoebe casts Cure is that her magic stat is like, twice as high as the hero's, so it literally rolls over *twice* and heals the final boss. Rather silly the way that works.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

I'm playing Final Fantasy III (the NES version, not the 3D chibi model version on DS, PSP, Steam, iOS, Android, Ouya and the Victormaxx Stuntmaster)

RPGs are my anti-drugs
Image Image
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I started Bloodborne and I can't beat the first boss.

Also dying in this game is much more punishing since you have to wait through like a 15 second loading screen because CONSOLES. SO NEXT GEN
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Oh yeah, I'm up to three badges in Pokemon Reborn. The gym leader for the third badge was a pain, even though it was mono-bug. The biggest issues were it was a double battle and the field that was in effect during that battle.
Numel was the biggest savior of mine, the move lava plume actually changes the entirety of the field into a burning field, which is way more in my advantage.
All in all that battle was probably the hardest battle I've had to deal with yet.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Alice

Post by Alice »

YelseyKing wrote:If I remember correctly, the reason it doesn't work if Phoebe casts Cure is that her magic stat is like, twice as high as the hero's, so it literally rolls over *twice* and heals the final boss. Rather silly the way that works.
That sounds right since the reason the main character's damage can roll over to absurd healing is because at a certain level his magic stat is too high.

Also dammit, all this talk about Mystic Quest is making me want to replay it again.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Remember how I said the loading screens in Bloodborne were like 15 seconds? Turns out I was being extremely generous and it's more like 30-45 seconds.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

I'm at the Tower of Owen in FF3

Gonna fight Medusa heck yeah

Party thus far:
Fighter (temporarily a Black Mage for the Giant Rat boss)
Monk (see above)
White Mage
Black Mage (formerly a Red Mage)
Image Image
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

Started playing Revengeance. This is a very silly game.
pholtos wrote:Oh yeah, I'm up to three badges in Pokemon Reborn. The gym leader for the third badge was a pain, even though it was mono-bug. The biggest issues were it was a double battle and the field that was in effect during that battle.
Numel was the biggest savior of mine, the move lava plume actually changes the entirety of the field into a burning field, which is way more in my advantage.
All in all that battle was probably the hardest battle I've had to deal with yet.
From what I've seen, that game gets stupidly hard. Best of luck.
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.