(shouting)

Hearthstone General - Welcome to open beta

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Animita
Pronouns: Him/Her

Re: Hearthstone General - Dragon, Dragon, Rock The Dragon! - Blackrock Adventure Incoming

Post by Animita »

So.I think i've realized that i am bad at hearthstone.

It's been about like half a year since Naxx came out i think and yet im still only have the first wing. How do "git gud" in arena?
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Re: Hearthstone General - Dragon, Dragon, Rock The Dragon! - Blackrock Adventure Incoming

Post by Argumentable »

Say something in the chat when you're doing an arena and I'll come watch you/help you make picks if you want. I am not 100% interested in playing all the time but I'm fine with watching and telling you all the bad plays you've made
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Hearthstone pros were wrong about GvG cards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kO6zb_TKek

This was really interesting to watch. I remember watching all those GvG videos and kinda nodding along with the points the players would make, with Blackrock coming out and everybody saying what will and what won't be good this gives me a bit of a pause. You'd think that with a card game where you know what a card is going to do it will be easy to judge how much something is going to fit in, but the meta has different plans than players may think some of the time.
Animita

Post by Animita »

Argumentable wrote:Say something in the chat when you're doing an arena and I'll come watch you/help you make picks if you want. I am not 100% interested in playing all the time but I'm fine with watching and telling you all the bad plays you've made
Skypehaus? Or something else?
Also its weird cause i feel like im in a thing of i feel like im doing right but not better.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

We have a Hearthstone skype group, if you throw me your skype I can get you tossed in there.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Me and Dito played a game against each other
http://i.imgur.com/AQZ0aE2.jpg

It was fun~

Really really heavily considering keeping in Enhance-o after this haha. It's so rare that you actually get a good board for it tho.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swC3NtvpIuw
This priest is my hewo. Such an amazing turn.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I just got my first 12-win run! It was 12-1! I've never done better than 10 before, and I only average 4.5 (I actually track the stats).

Here's the decklist, which I only barely managed to screenshot after accidentally clicking to activate the key:
cards that are cut off:
Silver Hand Knight
Sludge Belcher
Guardian of Kings
Lay on Hands
Tirion Fordring
Clockwork Giant
Tirion was of course a huge deal, but Sword of Justice also did a lot of work, and Clockwork Giant managed to be actually good in almost every game somehow. Faceless Manipulator was really really helpful (especially since I had tirion and clockwork). Lay on Hands was also great. This was a great draft.

Even Gnomergan Infantry found useful moments, especially when he was buffed by sword of justice and the wolf, which happened TWICE.

Only weak point was the lack of 2-drops, but my 3-drop spot was so strong that I could usually make up for it. I also lucked out to get a bunch of opponents with slow starts too, so I always found time to play the SoJ when I had it early.

I won 250 gold, a golden thoughtsteal, and two packs. This was a good day for me in hearthstone.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Fuck you oil rogue
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Gosh. Dang. It. I've been trying all morning to get into a game with Nox since we're in the same ranking bracket and a surprise Randuin mirror match would be cool for him I suspect, but DA TWITCH LAG IS TOO STRONK, I CANNOT DO EET CAP-E-TAIN. I'm so friggin' frustrated at how big the gap is and how absolutely impossible it actually would be to grab a game that way because of the 30+ second delay haha.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

So I finally got my Blizzard account (had to use my gmail since for whatever reason my hotmail was already in use despite not having registered yet) and I've fallen in love with the Shaman class.

I'm on there as Pokota...some number.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

oNe oF uS (that reminds me I haven't played in a while)

raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

dr_kraid wrote:You're already too far behind on content lmao
So?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Animita

Post by Animita »

raekuul wrote:
dr_kraid wrote:You're already too far behind on content lmao
So?
As in to win games to get $ you need cards and you need $ to get cards so you're probs gonna struggle for a while.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Sort of but not really. I'll coach the fuck out of you
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

Nah, you can have a ton of fun and win plenty of games against people of your skill level without spending a ton of money. Granted, if you want to try to be the best player ever or something like that, you'll either have to build very slowly or spend money, but to say you're too far behind is being super pessimistic. Just have fun!

zmonbobbo#1745, by the way, if you want some pointers, especially in the arena!
I'm probably driving right now.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Deal 3 damage to what???

I like this card. It's not amazing on it's own, but it's a situationally better frostbolt/flame cannon

Does hotlinking from hearthpwn even work??? See this current post to find out
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Argumentable wrote:Deal 3 damage to what???
Argumentable wrote:I like this card. It's not amazing on it's own, but it's a situationally better frostbolt/flame cannon
Huh, interesting card.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Yes, I know. Hence the triple question mark sarcasm. I think he's interesting because I'm not sure if he's better than Bomb Lobber or not. Probably not.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'm guessing he'll be really good. Having that damage be targetable is still a big deal (even though bomb lobber proved that untargetable isn't that bad), and it's really nice to suffer so little in stats for such a powerful battlecry.

He's basically a fire elemental for turn 5 instead of 6, with the "dragon decks only" restriction instead of the "shaman decks only" restriction. And Fire Elemental is a astoundingly good card. Yeah, having 4 health instead of 5 is a major threshold (there are many more ways to deal 4 damage than 5), but being played a turn earlier is also a big deal.

I expect that when you play against dragon decks, this guy will be a major consideration. "She's got 5 mana next turn, and I've already seen dragon cards, so I don't want make this trade that leaves my minion with 3 life."
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »

I wanna see some actual dragons, doggone it. We've got a lot of dragon synergy cards but only two dragons.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Well, keep in mind they do already have the dragon stat in the game, with stuff like Alex, ysera, azure drake and faerie dragon, so we already have activators. We're still probably getting more and they're saving best for last, but YE just sayin'.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Ancestor's Call is delightful to watch work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azeoBAn03ZA
zmonbobbo
Hey there! I'm a dude!

Post by zmonbobbo »