</script>

mario fan games galaxysmbx communitysmw central

-Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
Heraga
Video

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Postby Heraga » 5 years ago

How is the 7th submap implamented in Lunar Magic?

worldpeace125

Postby worldpeace125 » 5 years ago

The submap uses the unused part of the main overworld and its "special world passed" palette, so you're fully able to edit almost everything about the map with lunar magic (except the bgm). That area will be covered by other terrain (which can be also edited by lunar magic) when you're on the main overworld, so that the discontinuity between the two maps will be hidden.

That's how the submap works with lunar magic and I guess it's the answer you want?

Heraga
Video

Could I see a screen of it? Also, what I ment was where was it placed in LM?

worldpeace125

technically it's placed in the top right corner of the main map
7th.png
7th.png (26.73 KiB) Viewed 2719 times

Jolpengammler
Jipples, the friendly dog

Postby Jolpengammler » 5 years ago

Ahh! I didn't know that! Alright then! Thanks for the info (I just missed wherever it has been discussed)
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"You're shitting with me!" ~ Isocitration, 2014
"skype adds think I'm a lady looking for 40 years old men" ~ raocow, 2016
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016

Depressed Horse:

worldpeace125

JUMP v1.36

Changelog

Mostly level insertions were done.

worldpeace125

JUMP v1.36a

Changelog

Multiperson level updates! And now you're able to hear the new music with actual levels in the real final.
Let me know whether you agree that the song fits the apocalypsis real final level.

morsel/morceau

Postby morsel/morceau » 5 years ago

Another graphical oddity.
Super Mario World (U) [!]_00002.png
- Improved level A6's slowdown occurring when there are 6 maces and a p-switch in SNES9X.
Still the seven fishbones at screen 02 would sometimes cause slowdown, sometimes not.
I've never noticed the slowdown but it's OK to remove the last fish if it's bothersome.

I like the song for the final level. The Bowser's Castle tune is the more classical thing to expect for the sort of level, but this one grows on you while playing. If the restart prompt applies like this, maybe it would be better not to have a choice of levels (this is just my feeling, so as to create an 'endless level'). Another idea, for Bowser's castle, would be to randomise the levels until you've beaten it, then the level could start in a hub if you re-entered, so allowing the freshness and fun of randomness but reserving all-the-content hounds their cake.
dont wanna jihad no more

worldpeace125

morsel/morceau wrote:I like the song for the final level. The Bowser's Castle tune is the more classical thing to expect for the sort of level, but this one grows on you while playing. If the restart prompt applies like this, maybe it would be better not to have a choice of levels (this is just my feeling, so as to create an 'endless level'). Another idea, for Bowser's castle, would be to randomise the levels until you've beaten it, then the level could start in a hub if you re-entered, so allowing the freshness and fun of randomness but reserving all-the-content hounds their cake.
I really like the idea for Bowser's castle. I vote to this.
For the real final, the restarting location is not actually decided yet (it also can be a midway entrance in the hub level). Probably it's up to the hub designer's plan. I agree that making the level linear is okay only if the prompt brings you to the beginning of sublevels.

Thanks for the comment about the music. I did think it can be doubtful whether it's suitable.

worldpeace125

The previous download links don't seem stable. I'm going to use google drive or dropbox instead.

JUMP v1.36a

If the above link doesn't work, try this instead.
JUMP v1.36a.zip

On the other hand, I will be absent for 4 weeks (11 Feb to 12 Mar) due to personal duty. In the period I cannot even access the internet or PC.
Please understand I cannot work on rom management for a while. Thank you.

Heraga
Video

So uhh what levels/sub levels are left to be claimed?

Heraga
Video

^
Still no answer and it has been more then a month....

mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Postby mellonpizza » 5 years ago

worldpeace125 wrote:1-2. Levels which are empty in the current base rom
- Level 7 claimed by Franky
- Level E claimed by Neidave [currently claimed by mellonpizza]
- Level 1A claimed by anonymousbl00dlust [reserved by "IMPETUOUS ATHLETIC" created by lolyoshi]
- Level 10C claimed by Neobullseye [reserved by "Euphoric Mushroom Backyard" created by worldpeace125]
- Level 10D claimed by YourFace
- Level 113 claimed by ganache nh [reserved by "Fortress of Koumei's Trap" created by worldpeace125]
- Level 116 claimed by EvilGuy019
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who

worldpeace125

JUMP v1.37

Changelog

How's it going? I returned from the 4 week hell. The end of that period is certainly one of my happiest moment in my life.

Actually I was in the military training center...

Here's a new baserom including some asm stuffs and Daizo's works.
I truly feel that completion of the project isn't that far.
morsel/morceau wrote:Another graphical oddity.
I couldn't reproduce the situation so I leave it unchanged for now.
Ningamer wrote:So uhh what levels/sub levels are left to be claimed?
Technically, it's possible to have more translevels which are not in 1-24/101-13B (if you want to claim one). But I'm pretty sure the biggest problem is that there isn't enough space to place extra levels in the overworld or submaps.

If necessary, I'm going to code the 8th submap for possible more new levels. It would also make it easier to arrange levels, secrets, etc. Feel free to talk any idea about this.

morsel/morceau

Sorry if the picture was unclear. It seems when a block bounce sprite exists the ghost body isn't drawn fully.

Surely this deserves a special message.
dont wanna jihad no more

Daizo

Postby Daizo » 5 years ago

Something like...

Code: Select all

HEY!

YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.

Heraga
Video

Heads up, I'm claiming level 007 for my level. And Map16 page #C as it's not used in the newest baserom.

Heraga
Video

....annnnnd some screens. Feedback could and would be nice.
Fun Fact: This level was my concept for another collab hack level. I scrapped it feeling it wouldn't work out. I revisited the idea and came up with this
A new simple Tileset made out of cloud tiles. I think it looks really nice.
That yoshi coin is very hard to get as you will see when playing the level.
Large sections of the level will take place on large fluffy clouds.
I'm aware of the bug with the coin over the ? Block. Floating sky islands will be a big part of the level also.

So yeah.....THINGS.

worldpeace125

Nin wrote:Heads up, I'm claiming level 007 for my level. And Map16 page #C as it's not used in the newest baserom.
Just note that your level may be assigned to another slot if Franky is actually making a level.

Nothing much to say right now from those screens. The visual is pretty neat.

Heraga
Video

Thanks. Now Umm I just stuck this level on the Yoshi's island map off-screen. Is that alowed for testing? And how do I name my level since there is a two lined level names?

mellonpizza
working

Nin wrote:Thanks. Now Umm I just stuck this level on the Yoshi's island map off-screen. Is that alowed for testing? And how do I name my level since there is a two lined level names?
Since it's testing it doesn't really matter.

If you want to change the name, you need to go into the PATCH folder and edit it in LevelNameData.asm, then patch it onto the rom. If you have an error related to freespace I think you can just find it and replace it with something valid; I forget how to deal with that.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who

Heraga
Video

mellonpizza wrote:
Nin wrote:Thanks. Now Umm I just stuck this level on the Yoshi's island map off-screen. Is that alowed for testing? And how do I name my level since there is a two lined level names?
Since it's testing it doesn't really matter.

If you want to change the name, you need to go into the PATCH folder and edit it in LevelNameData.asm, then patch it onto the rom. If you have an error related to freespace I think you can just find it and replace it with something valid; I forget how to deal with that.

Ok thanks. Could you give me some feedback on my level? I want to Inprove my design.

mellonpizza
working

I'm not confident in my reviewing skills but I know someone will look over you level when you submit your first draft. (Probably worldpeace)

worldpeace125

Getting more new levels from people has made it difficult to plan the overworld. As I'm one of those who have some responsibility for it, I solved the "level placing" crux in place of ravegg. Fortunately it was possible to place all levels without being blatant or sacrifice of some levels. Actually the overworld is kinda improved as it includes a new cave submap and has the number of redundant secret paths reduced(shortcut letting you skip just one level without any new levels, bonuses, etc). Still I haven't found a good way to place a yoshi's house in the ice submap.

The rom to explore is here.

Note that destroyed switches in the map indicate that their places are currently empty, so one can make a new level for them.

Here's a list of empty places waiting your awesome levels!
- world 1(generic) yellow level

This level unlocks the pipe leading to world 4 yoshi's house so the level should not be beat at the early stage.
My request is that the level should include the segment that can be beat only after autumn comes (the season is when shell colors change).
Any generic level is welcome too (a naive above-mentioned segment may be added into your level).

- world 3b(cave) red level

A cave level having two exits.

- world 3b(cave) yellow level

A level that unlocks world 9 and changes w1 submap's season at the same time.
If no one takes this, I will make it. Actually I have some insane ideas but I don't know if I can handle this since I'm too busy..

- world 4 yellow level

A mountain(or generic) level having 1 exit.
"-CHARGE!- or -FIRE!-?" may move from the narrow space and take this place. But I'm not sure it's a good idea because the level utilizes red switch blocks. It will be actually followed by RSP then..
I leave this open for now.

- world 5(sky) yellow level

It is claimed by mellonpizza for his new level called "Jump to the Beep".

- world 8(star road) yellow level

It's expected to be hard, of course...
Personally I look forward to "Super Mario World Remix"esque level which is simple but clever and super fun. Truly this kind of level will fit this world very well. JANK +1

Anyway, if we decide to reject "Shell Sitter" made by cynderfyre as Ryrir suggested, then one should make a new one for replacement.
In addition, I don't know whether "Disarray" will actually be completed.. If not, we'll need another new level.
For the safety, I may as well accept claims of regular levels restrictively before it becomes impossible to accommodate some of them. But I promise the levels that are already claimed before will be accommodated.

morsel/morceau

worldpeace125 wrote:- world 3b(cave) red level
I have something that could fit this (although it's possible I've already made too many levels).
"-CHARGE!- or -FIRE!-?" may move from the narrow space and take this place. But I'm not sure it's a good idea because the level utilizes red switch blocks. It will be actually followed by RSP then..
I leave this open for now.
It's OK to move this to where it's most suitably placed; I will change the switch blocks accordingly.
dont wanna jihad no more

Return to “JUMP”