(shouting)

Hearthstone General - Welcome to open beta

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Hearthstone General - Goblins vs V-07-TR-0N

Post by Bwarch »

Depending on what you're facing. If what you're facing has a lot of burst potential it might not be good. Warrior could have yee ol' Grommash + weapon already equipped + taskmaster combo and just take Jar Jar out.

But certainly in a pinch he's nice, and if you won you won :P
Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Late for the party, but...
About Friggin Time.jpg
About Friggin Time.jpg (129.61 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

hehe, I still haven't cleared Naxx since the only cards that matter for the meta are Chow, Loatheb and Sludge.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Naxxramas cards... *drools*

Wondering if the next adventure is gonna be Dragon-based, it would be pretty neat. You'd face the legendary Dragons in their human forms and they'd give you brand new Dragon cards. Their hero powers could be passive effects related to them like:
Nozdormu: Your opponent only has 15 seconds to play his turn
Alexstraza: At the end of your turn, restore 2 health to a random friendly character
Onyxia: At the start of your turn, summon a random 3 or less cost dragon
Kalecgos: At the end of your turn, freeze a random enemy character
Malygos: Your opponent's spells cost 2 more
Neltharaku: Whenever your opponent summons a minion, deal 1 damage to it and restore 1 to your hero
Ysera: At the end of your turn, draw a Dream Card
Sinestra: At the start of your turn, deal 3 damage to a random enemy character
Deathwing: At the start of your turn, destroy all minions
Galakrond: At the end of your turn, add a random dragon to your hand, it costs 2 less
Most dragons in Warcraft would make great cards I think like Wrathion:

Rogue Legendary:[8] 2/4 Battlecry: Equip a 5/2 Fangs of the Father
Fangs of the Father: 25% chance to do double damage

or Dargonax:
[8] 4/8 At the end of your turn, deal 2 damage to random enemy minion and restore 2 health to this card.

or maybe Barthamus:
[5] 2/5 Battlecry: Add a random Netherwing Drake to your hand.

and then the Netherwing Drakes have some kind of fancy effect
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Maiku Wotaharu

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Bwarch wrote:hehe, I still haven't cleared Naxx since the only cards that matter for the meta are Chow, Loatheb and Sludge.
*GASP!*
BWARCH! I'm shocked you haven't finished it! I figured since you're basically the one that introduced this game to the talkhaus, you'd be waaaaaay ahead of us.

Anyway, video coming soon now!

Last edited by Maiku Wotaharu 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Bwarch wrote:hehe, I still haven't cleared Naxx since the only cards that matter for the meta are Chow, Loatheb and Sludge.
If we're talking in general you left out Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist, and Loatheb. More specifically also Webspinner, Dark Cultist, Death's Bite, & Shade of Naxxramas. There's lots of good cards. I eventually got around to beating heroic Naxx and let me tell you... it was not fun
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Argumentable wrote:
If we're talking in general you left out Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist, and Loatheb. More specifically also Webspinner, Dark Cultist, Death's Bite, & Shade of Naxxramas. There's lots of good cards. I eventually got around to beating heroic Naxx and let me tell you... it was not fun
Creeper got phased out mostly by annoyotron I think, and the undertaker nerf sealed the deal.

I'd forgotten just how many good cards you get from Naxx tho! Death's Bite, Dark Cultist, Shade and Scientist slipped my mind.
Maiku Wotaharu wrote: Anyway, video coming soon!
Vid's private yo? Unless it's just uploading and processing I guess.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I think some shamans still use haunted creeper, but there really isn't a "commonly accepted as best" way to play Shaman anymore because these days shaman is commonly accepted as weak.
Maiku Wotaharu

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

FlockOfWingedDoors
Rolling Initiative...

Post by FlockOfWingedDoors »

Sadly haven't cleared out Naxx. I'm f2p and I love arena too much.
It's easier than 2by2 matrix multiplication.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Deathlord is also a pretty common card in Fatigue Decks
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

If there was ever a card that could lose you the game all by itself tho... It would be that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqQJh5bUMCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Kdip_XIWc

Terrible card. Absolutely terrible.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Bwarch wrote:If there was ever a card that could lose you the game all by itself tho... It would be that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqQJh5bUMCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Kdip_XIWc

Terrible card. Absolutely terrible.
Preventing Alexstraza's Battlecry? Yes, absolute garbage.

Deathlord's strength shows in Fatigue Mages where you can just Frost Nova->Ice Lance, Blizzard, Cone of Cold, anything that freezes,etc.
it also works well in combination with Poison Seed or Equality->Consecration if your opponent has a menacing board. But that's implying that your opponent got a really epic draw, which is definitely not always the case as I can very well testify. Basically any removal like Assasinate, Deadly Shot, Siphon Soul, Naturalize (which works neatly in a Fatigue/Mill Druid btw), Shadow Word, Execute can just wreck your opponent's draw if he got something truly amazing (which, again, will probably happen 1/3 times). Polymorph and Hex will also laugh at your Earth Elementals, your Alexstrazas and your Al'Akirs out there.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Clamestarebla wrote: Preventing Alexstraza's Battlecry? Yes, absolute garbage.
I will gladly take an 8/8 for free ._. Thank you kindly.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Hearthstone General - Goblins vs V-07-TR-0N

Post by Clamestarebla »

good job on ignoring the rest of my post. In most cases, your Alexstraza isn't gonna stay in for long is what I'm trying to make you understand.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

This basically means you can't play deathlord until you have a hard removal in your hand though. And even then, assuming you're a mage and you use sheep on the enemy minion summoned by deathlord, that means you used 4 mana to remove a 0 mana creature, which is a pretty huge deal in terms of tempo. I understand that tempo isn't the goal of a fatigue deck but running deathlord is just asking to get run over

Yeah I hate this card as well and most of the time I'm actually happy when my opponent plays it

Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Cool thing about Deathlord is its 8 health for 3 mana. So your opponent either has to:
-Buff a weak minion;
-Waste a lot of minions on it;
-Use a removal;
or
-Use a big spell.
Now tell me which one of those scenarios really sucks for you. If your opponent decides to use his weak minions on Deathlord, you have plenty of time to summon low-cost minion and go face(which, btw, isn't really the goal of the deck) or set up a duplicate (another great Naxxramas card, if you want to add that to your notebook Bwarch) which, surprise surprise, will allow you to put yet another 2/8 Taunt and ping with Fireblast on turn 5(if you want to), or you could summon some small minions and then double Deathlord on turn 6. But that's assuming you have Duplicate, and the chances of you getting it by turn 4 are decent enough with mulligan and whatnot. Early Deathlord is also pretty cool since the chances of it bringing in a shitty minion are higher, especially if your opponent got a strong late-game one because of mulligan or by just drawing cards every turn.

Which brings me to my next point: the goal of Fatigue/Mill is to make your opponent draw cards, duh right? Well since you want your opponent to draw cards, you can just wipe out Coldlight Oracle and make your opponent possibly draw a decent/strong card. Your opponent might also not realize he's up against a Fatigue/Mage deck and just use his draw cards *cough* Arcane Intellect *cough* Fan of Knives *cough* Shiv *cough* Hammer of Wrath *cough* Life Tap *cough*.

Thirdly,
Jesuiscontent wrote:This basically means you can't play deathlord until you have a hard removal in your hand though. And even then, assuming you're a mage and you use sheep on the enemy minion summoned by deathlord, that means you used 4 mana to remove a 0 mana creature
1)Assuming your opponent got a nice card out of Deathlord (which, for the millionth time, is not always the case)
2)0 mana? what about those minions and/or spells your opponent had to get rid of to kill 1 minion? Minions that you can also get rid of with Flamestrike or Frost Nova->Doomsayer (another great combo I forgot to mention in my first post)

And lastly, another big part of Fatigue decks are heals. Farseer and Healbot will pretty much nullify all damage you've taken from big threats brought out by Deathlord (assuming again a big threat was brought out). Combine that with Duplicate or Echo of Medivh and you can very well win a game 30-0 even if you were at 10 health at some point in the match. Most Fatigue Mages for example can still have 15 cards in their decks while you're entering Fatigue. So most fatigue decks don't even caaaare if they bring out your powerhouses; because they have the tools to completely nullify any damage Deathlord might cause.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Apparently you can do thing to get free packs if you're dumb and spend money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKQ_yYpvJCA
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Well, Battle.net updated and now refuses to run on my old old mac laptop that I use for casual internetting. They've decided that OS X 10.6.8 is too old and they want nothing to do with it.

Now whenever I want to play Hearthstone I need to actually sit down at my desk. This will probably decrease my amount of hearthstone-playing (until it comes out on phones, at which point I will never not be playing hearthstone).
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

AT LONG LAST, AFTER 30 SOMETHING PACKS:
And yes, I am disappointed that it is not Nozdormu
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

On this week's episode of
CLAM'S ABSOLUTELY GODLY UNSTABLE PORTALS
To counter this powerful enemy, Clam's opponent summons Maexxna, hoping that she can slay the dangerous beast. Unfortunately for him, Clam had summoned a Annoy-o-Tron, thus preventing him from taking down Gruul. But alas, even with the powerhouse on the board, Clam is not in a really comfortable position has he needs to get rid of Maexxna AND three other minor threats. With his Flamestrike already in hand, the only thing that can save him now is a spell that would do 3 or 2 damage.

The light pierced the Heavens as IronWill's turn ended and a card from Clam's deck started descending towards him. He reached out and grabbed it; it felt cold, very cold. Could it possibly be Chugger? No. Could it be Water Elemental? No. Could it be Cone of Cold? No...

It was Frostbolt

As Clam wiped the entire board, his foe realized that nothing could ever stop Gruul now. The beast would go on a rampage and annihilate his precious little face.

And at the end of the fourteenth turn, Uther Lightbringer had been slain.

On the next episode of
CLAM'S ABSOLUTELY GODLY UNSTABLE PORTALS
Watch as Clam unleashes the power of a certain Eredar Lord of a certain Burning Legion.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

UP is probably the next thing on the chopping block I think, along with Dr. Boom. The thing with UP is there's no downside to playing it and a whole shitton of upside. Get a 1-2 mana thing? Play it instantly anyway! Get a Rag? Turn 5 Rag!

Early game UP is just insane, the later you get it the less cool it is I suppose in terms of destroying your opponents tempo.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

HELLEAUGH, MY NAME IS FORCE-TANK MAXIMILIAN
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I actually made a shammy deck featuring stupid cards like Lost Tallstrider and Force-Tank MAX, but I ended up replacing them with things that are actually good.

I miss the days when Dalaran Mage was my favourite card. How I wish I could go back to them.