(shouting)

JUMP Level Submissions Thread

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
worldpeace125

Re: JUMP Level Submissions Thread

Post by worldpeace125 »

Virus610 wrote:Spring Green Spelunking
Inserted. I will be testing the level soon.

And I made a level aimed at the empty place near the blue switch palace. The level is called "Euphoric Mushroom Backyard".
Let's see if it's acceptable to world 2. Here's the ips file for playing.

Reference: http://youtu.be/rs_GazjVLxs (infamous for the dying effect)
Last edited by worldpeace125 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

On a side note I inserted Virus610's level into the base rom before, and the level is also included in the ips file attached above (backyard.7z). It's accessible from world 1 submap.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Update to Euphoric Mushroom Backyard
- Added carryable object filters
- Fixed the mega mole part (now with timer reset!)
- Fixed some other parts and slowdown with bubbles in snes9x
Attachments
backyard v2.7z
(974.38 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Virus610

Post by Virus610 »

In response to a review, I've updated my stage a bit.

Version 1.1 (Download)
(Updated to v1.2: http://www.project610.com/files/JUMP%20 ... %201.2.zip)

Making pre-midpoint easier:
- The start of the stage no longer has the spikes on the landings under the steep slopes. The challenge will be just getting the dragon coin without sliding down to the bottom
- Removed some ceiling spikes that I felt might, maybe, possibly hit someone while they're springing up
- Added a powerup in a place for those who defy coin trails

Making the post-midpoint harder:
- I've added some mean enemies to the end of the stage, and a honeypot to trigger them for greedy players
- I've removed the 1up and mushroom in the midpoint area

Making things less broken:
- I've moved my Screen 09 exit pipe down to the dual bullet bill cannon section (Screen 0B) to force them to fire at a consistent rhythm (Cape or not)
- I've killed the spike shaft thing between 09-0D, because it's now too short to bother with the spike mixup, which is sort of the only point. It is now simply a preview of the area to come
- Modified spawns a bit (Vertical flying koopas) to ensure some more consistency
- Tiny palette change to make the bullet bills fit in a bit better

Things that are missing:
- That ASM thing to make the screen scroll with the player even if they aren't on solid ground
Last edited by Virus610 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

I found morsel's 60+ deaths in the first half of the level to be worrying. So I took his suggestion to put switch blocks in certain sections of the level.

Download

The switch blocks in the IPS are replaced with brown used blocks. This is so you don't have to get them manually.
Virus610

Post by Virus610 »

Apparently I somehow put in an extra, really mean chuck in between the testing and saving to level process. Don't know how I pulled that off, but that's been removed. Here's Spring Green Spelunking v1.2: http://www.project610.com/files/JUMP%20 ... %201.2.zip
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Not sure if the initial facing fix broke the midpoint spawn (and chuck kill at the end) of this level. Here is a fix and some amendments anyway.
mankybride.zip
dont wanna jihad no more
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Tiny update. I changed a couple obstacles; one wasn't working well before and another set up a potentially unfair situation I hadn't noticed until recently.

Ports will be the next thing I submit.
Attachments
Burnt mountain tango v3.6.zip
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

mellonpizza wrote:Tiny update. I changed a couple obstacles; one wasn't working well before and another set up a potentially unfair situation I hadn't noticed until recently.

Ports will be the next thing I submit.
I found two bugs on the vertical sublevel:
- The bg position of secondary entrance #37 was wrong
- When you reset the level by entering the door at screen 0F, some sprites around 0E-0F wouldn't spawn. I experienced the similar thing in my old levels having many screens and sprites. When enemies satisfy certain conditions they don't reappear after you reset the level.(I'm guessing the first condition is that they're encountered by mario, and the second one is either of being placed in the relatively later screens or assigned the later indices in the table of level data) The "reset glitch" seems to have existed for several years, and apparently even the latest lunar magic doesn't cope with it.

One solution to deal with both problems is using another sublevel for pseudo resetting. (like the relation between level 23 and 71)

After having the problems fixed, I will release the next baserom.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Man, I feel so bad about being impatient with fixing my levels; I really need to start putting more time into checking these things.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

Here's the long awaited Level BC!
Sublevel BC - The Caster's Wonderstone.zip
Press L/R to go to cast mode!
(6.95 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
If I'm forgetting anything, let me know.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

Bowser Castle Sublevel AC.rar
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
There, I made another Bowser Castle segment, if it's too long, we might shift it in the "real final" level or i'll just shorten it a bit
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

The file size limit on talkhaus is annoying, so I had to upload on dropbox.

Real Final - Sublevel B1
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Level10D
http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/14790/10d.zip

"Raptures of the Deep"
DC? Yes

Uses sublevels 2B, 2C and 2D as they seem to be empty. The yoshi filter block is used; I don't know if a no-yoshi intro and buffer level would be a preferable way to allow how yoshi is used in the level.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

giant statue boss
A custom boss I made for Daizo's "Fortress of the Giant Monsters". It's located at the end of the level.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Hopefully that block is easier to hit now!
10d_update.zip
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Giant statue update

This time you're starting the level at the in front of the boss door, to make testing eaiser.
Changes:
- Since hitting the boss when he's red was not that clear, I put another message box explaining it.
- Tweaked the motion of his death (simply it also stops in midair).
- Fixed a glitch about object clipping in some exceptional conditions
- Updated giant door
- and some other things
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Ryrir wrote: Perilous Pier:
Too bad the second half loses that focus and therefore becomes kind of “weak” in relation to the first half. But oh well I guess.
I took this to heart and decided to remake level F somewhat. The second half now continues the sliding theme, so should be a bit more interesting. I attempted to recapture the Yoshi's Island skiing feeling by making the dragon coins as annoying to collect as possible.
00Fredone.zip
dont wanna jihad no more
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Fixed some obvious things and updated the messages to be more useful. Didn't change much else at the moment; it's certainly possible the level would benefit by utilising the retry prompt.
00Fupdate.zip
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Gourmet Hindrance

A new level for WORLD 8(!)
The level name is a tweak of Gourmet Race.

Difficulty: super hard but short (I aimed at "super mario world remix" vibe, but this seems much hard haha)
Note that you should be able to easily press one of L, R, or select in this level.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Here is the level notgoodwithusernames didn't finish, to be placed somewhere in the sky map.
Attachments
Mushroom Tripper v1.0.zip
(6.57 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

You shouldn't overwrite map16 slots claimed by others. For the sake of safety, please resubmit another map16 file.
Check this spreadsheet and export only tiles which are empty AND not assigned in the spreadsheet.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Sorry, I'm used to the time when you could only export/import whole pages of map16, it ends up being reflex.
Here are my tiles; they don't affect any other tile now with this file.
Attachments
StartTile330map16.zip
(316 Bytes) Downloaded 577 times
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Quick update. Adds multi midway + eases up starting area of my segment.
Attachments
Mushroom Tripper v1.1.zip
(12.37 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I thought of an easy way to fix the hitbox issue (ducking & small balloon mario pose & all power-ups filtered to fire to give an unambiguous powered-up state), so the message about ducking can be discarded. I had already revised the end of the level to avoid things looking weird with all the fireballs, and decided to keep it because I liked it better; I resisited the temptation to make the earlier part of the level harder even although the smaller hitbox makes it much more lenient. And it should be clearer now at the part with the giant mincer spikes that star (or hurt) invincibility should be required.
dont wanna jihad no more