(shouting)

-Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
worldpeace125

Re: -Main Discussion (FINALLY Updated Base ROM Here) Thread-

Post by worldpeace125 »

Since you claimed the Bowser battle as well, I'd like to see you make the battle first, so you could be showing that your design/ASM skill is promising. After that, it's still not too late to ask/decide whether we're going to replace vanilla bosses(either partially or not). It would be nice to have more custom bosses, but the current state also looks fine to me. Then again, your plan seems pretty huge to deal with if you're the only one to code them... reference: SMWCP2 (hiring a GFX designer might be another issue too)

e: not sure how complex your boss will be or which tools you would use for reducing time cost. Would you mind giving some info about your plan in detail?
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

The Bowser battle is going to be a custom battle as well? :) That's good to hear because it would be kind of disappointing to fight vanilla Bowser all over again.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

worldpeace125 wrote:Since you claimed the Bowser battle as well, I'd like to see you make the battle first, so you could be showing that your design/ASM skill is promising. After that, it's still not too late to ask/decide whether we're going to replace vanilla bosses(either partially or not). It would be nice to have more custom bosses, but the current state also looks fine to me. Then again, your plan seems pretty huge to deal with if you're the only one to code them... reference: SMWCP2 (hiring a GFX designer might be another issue too)

e: not sure how complex your boss will be or which tools you would use for reducing time cost. Would you mind giving some info about your plan in detail?
That seems fair; I will work on bowser first. And yeah, I was initially going to work on these with anonimzwx but he's too busy right now. I'd be nice if at least one other person wanted to help with something like GFX rountines or even making graphics.
Jolpengammler wrote:The Boss in Palatable Perturbation can't be changed, it's part of the Gimmick!
e: But you might shift the whole level if you want to xD
When I created ideas for a replacement boss here, I retained the gimmick in certain attacks though not all of them (Pink water would be on moving layer2). I think I could make an interesting boss for Wendy though if you're uncomfortable with it being changed regardless, it can remain untouched.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Shift the whole level"
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Sorry for double posting but notgoodwithusernames replied to me and said he isn't going to finish his level in W5, though he's comfortable with someone finishing it (Not saying we have to). He also said he'd like to help more though he can't now.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

Just if the boss you imagine isn't too hard, if it's too hard PP needs a second midpoint

Edit: actually, I don't know, I like that wendatron fight there
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

mellonpizza wrote:Sorry for double posting but notgoodwithusernames replied to me and said he isn't going to finish his level in W5, though he's comfortable with someone finishing it (Not saying we have to). He also said he'd like to help more though he can't now.
I already claimed it a while ago, and the old level is scrapped being used as an Easter Egg to reference it's existence. I didn't claim it in the forums because it was kind of dead after I last claimed resources (I talked to worldpeace both on the IRC and Skype), so I apologies if he didn't expect his level to get changed completely. Well I saved it for a hidden room, so at least the legacy of that level is not lost.

With that said, the new level is called "Fortress of the Giant Monsters".
Everything's Giant...
Everything's Giant...
JUMP_00004.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 4107 times
...and the monsters want your head!
...and the monsters want your head!
JUMP_00003.png (7.67 KiB) Viewed 4107 times

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

Well, at least now we know that it can be scrapped for good.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I would prefer Shell Shrine to keep the Wendy "boss" since the post-text and whatnot. It just wouldn't feel right.
mellonpizza wrote:Sorry for double posting but notgoodwithusernames replied to me and said he isn't going to finish his level in W5, though he's comfortable with someone finishing it (Not saying we have to). He also said he'd like to help more though he can't now.
Considering this has been a reoccurring theme with.. mostly my levels and lolyoshi finishing them, yeah I hope somebody has the interest of doing this since I liked that level.
mellonpizza wrote:Well, at least now we know that it can be scrapped for good.
Did someone say scrapped? Nothing gets scrapped completely in JUMP!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Oh, did notgoodwithusernames come back? That's a good news. I assumed he's gone since his last activity was around several months ago.

So.. if he said he's not going to finish the level himself, I personally think we cannot force anyone else to complete it instead of him... unless there's someone who wants to do it voluntarily. We cannot leave unfinished levels on the complete hack either. Using the old level as an easter egg seems fair enough, I guess? (we have waited the level to be finished for over a year anyways)

Maybe the new level from daizo will go to the place. I think it's possible to place mellonpizza's new level between the pipe and fortress in world 5. after minor tweaks, of course
w5.png
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog

Post by Jolpengammler »

Has anyone ever suggested something to tell the player that there is a secret exit?
Like we have castles with secret exits, but the player has no way of knowing (like the first Castle, holy crap it's even super hard to find with knowing it has a secret exit)
e: Like maybe have a little lock symbol or sth. in the levelname (next to the coin checkmark thing)
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

Jolpengammler wrote:Has anyone ever suggested something to tell the player that there is a secret exit?
Like we have castles with secret exits, but the player has no way of knowing (like the first Castle, holy crap it's even super hard to find with knowing it has a secret exit)
e: Like maybe have a little lock symbol or sth. in the levelname (next to the coin checkmark thing)
This is intentional. Apparently, the idea is to make the map-upgrade with the key icon available by the midgame. Once "purchased", the player can go back and find the secret exits in castles 1 & 2, which both lead to the star world. The player isn't even supposed to know that there is a star world until he gets the map upgrade.
this is getting laundromatic
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Yes. Additionally, the message box in a w4 level called "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" tells you how to get the secret exit of the first castle (these two levels were made by the same author). It's one of the reasons why it was decided that the lock/key symbol is not available from the beginning. It will be revealed at some point after beating the level.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

How is the 7th submap implamented in Lunar Magic?
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

The submap uses the unused part of the main overworld and its "special world passed" palette, so you're fully able to edit almost everything about the map with lunar magic (except the bgm). That area will be covered by other terrain (which can be also edited by lunar magic) when you're on the main overworld, so that the discontinuity between the two maps will be hidden.

That's how the submap works with lunar magic and I guess it's the answer you want?
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Could I see a screen of it? Also, what I ment was where was it placed in LM?
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

technically it's placed in the top right corner of the main map
7th.png
7th.png (26.73 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog

Post by Jolpengammler »

Ahh! I didn't know that! Alright then! Thanks for the info (I just missed wherever it has been discussed)
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

JUMP v1.36a

Changelog

Multiperson level updates! And now you're able to hear the new music with actual levels in the real final.
Let me know whether you agree that the song fits the apocalypsis real final level.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Another graphical oddity.
Super Mario World (U) [!]_00002.png
- Improved level A6's slowdown occurring when there are 6 maces and a p-switch in SNES9X.
Still the seven fishbones at screen 02 would sometimes cause slowdown, sometimes not.
I've never noticed the slowdown but it's OK to remove the last fish if it's bothersome.

I like the song for the final level. The Bowser's Castle tune is the more classical thing to expect for the sort of level, but this one grows on you while playing. If the restart prompt applies like this, maybe it would be better not to have a choice of levels (this is just my feeling, so as to create an 'endless level'). Another idea, for Bowser's castle, would be to randomise the levels until you've beaten it, then the level could start in a hub if you re-entered, so allowing the freshness and fun of randomness but reserving all-the-content hounds their cake.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

morsel/morceau wrote:I like the song for the final level. The Bowser's Castle tune is the more classical thing to expect for the sort of level, but this one grows on you while playing. If the restart prompt applies like this, maybe it would be better not to have a choice of levels (this is just my feeling, so as to create an 'endless level'). Another idea, for Bowser's castle, would be to randomise the levels until you've beaten it, then the level could start in a hub if you re-entered, so allowing the freshness and fun of randomness but reserving all-the-content hounds their cake.
I really like the idea for Bowser's castle. I vote to this.
For the real final, the restarting location is not actually decided yet (it also can be a midway entrance in the hub level). Probably it's up to the hub designer's plan. I agree that making the level linear is okay only if the prompt brings you to the beginning of sublevels.

Thanks for the comment about the music. I did think it can be doubtful whether it's suitable.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

The previous download links don't seem stable. I'm going to use google drive or dropbox instead.

JUMP v1.36a

If the above link doesn't work, try this instead.
JUMP v1.36a.zip

On the other hand, I will be absent for 4 weeks (11 Feb to 12 Mar) due to personal duty. In the period I cannot even access the internet or PC.
Please understand I cannot work on rom management for a while. Thank you.
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

So uhh what levels/sub levels are left to be claimed?
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

^
Still no answer and it has been more then a month....
mellonpizza
working

Post by mellonpizza »

worldpeace125 wrote:1-2. Levels which are empty in the current base rom
- Level 7 claimed by Franky
- Level E claimed by Neidave [currently claimed by mellonpizza]
- Level 1A claimed by anonymousbl00dlust [reserved by "IMPETUOUS ATHLETIC" created by lolyoshi]
- Level 10C claimed by Neobullseye [reserved by "Euphoric Mushroom Backyard" created by worldpeace125]
- Level 10D claimed by YourFace
- Level 113 claimed by ganache nh [reserved by "Fortress of Koumei's Trap" created by worldpeace125]
- Level 116 claimed by EvilGuy019