(shouting)

Most Memorable Event

Ready to vote? Too late it's over
MostsBot 3000
*bleep* *bloop* *knock* *bang*

Most Memorable Event

Post by MostsBot 3000 »

Category name: Most Memorable EventCategory stats:Total score: +27Total votes: 35 (+31, -4)Put your vote on the first line of your post. The rest of your post can be used for comments and discussion. Only your first post will be counted, so edit it if you change your mind.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: Most Memorable Event

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Demo's ghost in A2XT's end credits.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

The Rao Secret Project

I would say Aposkegate, but I think Most Yummiest Drama was accepted as a category, and if so it should go there with other dramas. Also, Christmas is nice things.
Last edited by Whimsical Calamari 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
sloth
the deadliest of the sins
First name: envy

Post by sloth »

Bwarchgate
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

rao secret project

changed because it was more fun than ↓

Alex killing A2MT

Is this why he was banned?
Last edited by spitznagl 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
sloth

Post by sloth »

-
spitznagl wrote:Alex killing A2MT

Is this why he was banned?
IIRC, he asked to be banned a few months ago, long after A2MT.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

MAGLX

It's why I came here, after all.

(Can someone PM me with what "Aposkegate" is? I saw he got banned, but I couldn't find anything in the forums that would suggest *why*, and since I don't go to the IRC channel or Skypehaus, I... just don't know.)
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

rao secret project

And Alex asked to be banned, it was not in any way about A2MT.
Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

rao secret project

Edit3: (Plus the vote above.) Changing votes because I'd prefer a positive event get the most here and the rao project thingamajig is definitely about as positive as you can get.
Aposkegate

Edit: (Plus the vote above.) I don't know that that incident really deserves recognition because it was definitely a negative incident but it was indeed memorable.
YelseyKing wrote:(Can someone PM me with what "Aposkegate" is? I saw he got banned, but I couldn't find anything in the forums that would suggest *why*, and since I don't go to the IRC channel or Skypehaus, I... just don't know.)
It'd be more helpful if someone posted it instead. Then the rest of us who don't remember exactly what it was can be reminded. I remember Aposke being an asshat at some point but I can't remember the details.
Last edited by Alice 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Cat Planet 2

old post:
-

I'm not voting yet because I'm confused

By event does it mean a talkhaus member run contest or celebration? Or an incident?
Last edited by ano0maly 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Alice wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:(Can someone PM me with what "Aposkegate" is? I saw he got banned, but I couldn't find anything in the forums that would suggest *why*, and since I don't go to the IRC channel or Skypehaus, I... just don't know.)
It'd be more helpful if someone posted it instead. Then the rest of us who don't remember exactly what it was can be reminded. I remember Aposke being an asshat at some point but I can't remember the details.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14408

tl;dr Aposke was being transphobic in a project he was the head of and after all the drama was said and done he decided to get a martyr attitude and said "ban me" so that he could prove that Talkhaus was all about censorship instead of talking out our problems and letting foul things stand instead of insta-banning them. Skypehaus 1.0 was taken down from being a global (But was NOT disbanded or asked to be by mods, common misconception) He went on to create his own IRC emphasizing free speech where sympathizers could go.
ano0maly wrote:-

I'm not voting yet because I'm confused

By event does it mean a talkhaus member run contest or celebration? Or an incident?
Any event Anomaly, don't make it more difficult than it is. Could be a contest or a thread or an incident, anything fits.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Aposkegate
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Alice

Post by Alice »

Bwarch wrote:viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14408

tl;dr Aposke was being transphobic in a project he was the head of and after all the drama was said and done he decided to get a martyr attitude and said "ban me" so that he could prove that Talkhaus was all about censorship instead of talking out our problems and letting foul things stand instead of insta-banning them. Skypehaus 1.0 was taken down from being a global (But was NOT disbanded or asked to be by mods, common misconception) He went on to create his own IRC emphasizing free speech where sympathizers could go.
Ah, right. That's what it was. Wasn't there another incident with someone being overly transphobic too? (Might not have been this year, I can't remember.) Because I remember something else and thought I was mixing that up with the Aposke incident.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Bwarch wrote:
Alice wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14408

Oh, I asked for a PM because I didn't want to derail the thread. But thanks for the reply. I have no tolerance for transphobic people, as I have several transgendered friends... and my good friend who I mentioned passed away last month was also transgender. So, yeah, a bit of a sore spot for me there.

Moists:

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Alice wrote: Ah, right. That's what it was. Wasn't there another incident with someone being overly transphobic too? (Might not have been this year, I can't remember.) Because I remember something else and thought I was mixing that up with the Aposke incident.
Ningamer under an alias posted a thing, got banned from IRC for it and ban evasion, but it's more or less been dealt with in my mind.
YelseyKing wrote: Oh, I asked for a PM because I didn't want to derail the thread. But thanks for the reply. I have no tolerance for transphobic people, as I have several transgendered friends... and my good friend who I mentioned passed away last month was also transgender. So, yeah, a bit of a sore spot for me there.
Aye, I feel ya. Aposke has no interest whatsoever in returning and has actually managed to stay that way, I almost respect him for it considering certain other individuals have tried to do that and always found themselves coming back. So, it works out.
sloth

Post by sloth »

Alice wrote:
Bwarch wrote:viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14408

Ah, right. That's what it was. Wasn't there another incident with someone being overly transphobic too? (Might not have been this year, I can't remember.) Because I remember something else and thought I was mixing that up with the Aposke incident.
Ningamer got banned from IRC for being transphobic in forum games.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

The rise and fall of Cat Planet 2

It was the thing that painted a huge target on Ningamer's back for ridicule.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

rao secret project

it'd be nice if we could vote a good thing but if everybody thinks apostrophe is most memorable then so be it
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

You know that the bad is going to be far more memorable than the good, haha. Though rao secret project might win if it can turn it around just by virtue of it being far far more recent.
Alice

Post by Alice »

YelseyKing wrote:Oh, I asked for a PM because I didn't want to derail the thread. But thanks for the reply. I have no tolerance for transphobic people, as I have several transgendered friends... and my good friend who I mentioned passed away last month was also transgender. So, yeah, a bit of a sore spot for me there.
Well since he's banned I doubt there will be any issues discussing it and discussion is allowed in the threads so it would help remind others who have forgotten the details or mixed it up (as I did).

And I hope that they didn't take their own life at least. That would be awful on all sides of things.
Horikawa Otane wrote:He also literally defended neonazis at one point, saying that their points really weren't that bad if you gave them a chance.
Oh jeez, did I miss that? That explains the "best rejected category" thing then. I was wondering why that came up.
sloth wrote:Ningamer got banned from IRC for being transphobic in forum games.
I don't think that's the one I'm thinking of. Unless I managed to forget (which I don't think is the case) I didn't actually know about that until today. I don't frequent the irc and the discussion here on the forums was fairly unclear.

Edit:
RenaBeach wrote:rao secret project

it'd be nice if we could vote a good thing but if everybody thinks apostrophe is most memorable then so be it
Unfortunately the negative tends to be more memorable than the positive. You bring up a very good event however. I think I'll change my vote. I didn't count that since it's still sort of going on.

Edit: Holy hell I can't grammar...
Last edited by Alice 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Cat Planet 2
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Aposke blew up, Ningamer just evaded his ban with alt(s)

(I know he admits to being CornFlakes but I could swear he was Mittens, too)
RenaBeach wrote:rao secret project
Seconded so hard. Especially since isn't there a Drama category that was almost made for this?
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Alice wrote: Oh jeez, did I miss that? That explains the "best rejected category" thing then. I was wondering why that came up.
The neonazis conversation was done on skypehaus so it really didn't reach that far outside of that.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Alice wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:He also literally defended neonazis at one point, saying that their points really weren't that bad if you gave them a chance.
Oh jeez, did I miss that? That explains the "best rejected category" thing then. I was wondering why that came up.
Oh, huh. I didn't know that, either. I thought that was referring to that anti-German guy that was stinking the place up the other night. But then, he didn't so much defend Nazis as acted like everyone in Germany *was* a Nazi.

Moists:

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Whimsical Calamari wrote: Seconded so hard. Especially since isn't there a Drama category that was almost made for this?
Voting MAGL X for that

I'm really torn between Bwarchgate and M vs X right now.

Actually I'll just say Cat Planet 2