(shouting)

THE List of LPers (who like to watch raocow LPs)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: THE List of LPers (who like to watch raocow LPs)

Post by raocow »

FirePhoenix wrote:When I first was on Youtube, my channel existed for a year before LPs and in that time I put up about 10 videos related to my rom hacking projects, so I started with about 40-50 subscribers when I started LPing.
You LP? Always wondered how a smwcentral mod would handle lp-ing a hack.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Well, I've not had many SMW hack LPs yet. I took one request (I'm going to stop requests since they never caught on) and LPed my own hack (an interesting experience going back after a year and seeing how horrible I was at SMW hacking). Mostly I do Super Metroid hacks, but hey, SMW hacks are nice to do. I am planning on doing the Hard Hack Compilation when that comes out, like you are, and hey, VIP5 looks fun. :)
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Thanks for adding me, Suma :D
Suma

Post by Suma »

always a pleasure mi amigos^^
man im so down, i just did like an LP and my camstudio didnt wanna produce it kinda >_>...

can any of you LPers give me a recommendation of camstudio settings for ZNES? :(
Suma

Post by Suma »

UPDATE

New and more sensible color experience ruling!!!

Noob! (like about till 1 Month)
Intermediate (obviously at like 2 full months)
Experienced (at like half a year experience in making LPs)
master LPer (more than 1 year full experience!)

Also, be sure to check out the LPers for a bit, there are some pretty neat LPs out there you probably havent discovered :D!
oh and i still have like minor random probs with camstudio, lil help for that would be nice!
PkGam

Post by PkGam »

I think it's a good idea to show off who else does LPs/WTs! :D It lets everyone know who does game videos themselves

Here's my mini-profile:

Name, Gender, Age : Justin, Male, 20
What do I play/do?: I make game walkthroughs with comedic commentary! :) Mostly Sonic and Mario with a few misc. games thrown in for balance. I also do Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution and Stepmania videos.
how long have I been in the LP business market? Experienced (around 7 months or so)
Youtube channel Link : http://www.youtube.com/PkGam
Special Notes : I also make speedcubing videos(solving Rubik's cube type of puzzles timed) as well as make random videos when inspiration strikes me! ;)
I think if "in my opinion" was added to the end of all nonfactual or subjective statements, it would prevent a lot of pointless fights.
... in my opinion.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

Suma wrote:UPDATE

New and more sensible color experience ruling!!!

Noob! (like about till 1 Month)
Intermediate (obviously at like 2 full months)
Experienced (at like half a year experience in making LPs)
master LPer (more than 1 year full experience!)
Hooray for graduating from lime green soon!

Technically you could say I started in May, judging by the upload date of my Part 1 :P
Suma

Post by Suma »

lol :D yeah keep at it, and dont forget to forget about your current subs number, itll go up as long as you keep doin LPs fine, and improvin!
PkGam wrote:I think it's a good idea to show off who else does LPs/WTs! :D It lets everyone know who does game videos themselves

Here's my mini-profile:

Name, Gender, Age : Justin, Male, 20
What do I play/do?: I make game walkthroughs with comedic commentary! :) Mostly Sonic and Mario with a few misc. games thrown in for balance. I also do Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution and Stepmania videos.
how long have I been in the LP business market? Experienced (around 7 months or so)
Youtube channel Link : http://www.youtube.com/PkGam
Special Notes : I also make speedcubing videos(solving Rubik's cube type of puzzles timed) as well as make random videos when inspiration strikes me! ;)
thanks for the positive feedback and im glad you like it :D
please send me a PM, like it says in the OP (original post)

also, leave the colors to me, it doesnt help if you do the colours, i only paste the text, not the codes!
thanks!
Sharkenaa

Post by Sharkenaa »

I'm not LP'ing anything currently so it wouldn't really be any point to do the "register kinda thing" by PM'ing to you yet. So I'm just gonna post here what I've done in the past and what I might start to do.

Name, Gender, Age : Sharkenaa, Male, 15
What did/will I play/do? : My first LP was Ape Escape. My first LP I saw was Ape Escape, so.. I also played Mega Man Legends 2, Spyro 3 and NanoTek Warrior. When/if I start LP'ing again, I think I'll start with Penumbra (Ep. 1 & 2).
How long have I been in the LP business market? : IIRC, I started somewhere in July 2008 till December 2008. I haven't LP'ed since then.
Youtube channel Link : http://www.youtube.com/sharkenaa, no real reason to go there...
Special Notes : ...since I deleted all my LP-videos cause my awful commentary. Not an excuse, I know. What did I record with? With goddamn mobile phone camera! Not kidding. Though it didn't make those weird black stripes on the TV-screen. It also did produce quite high quality for a 2 mpx mobile camera. I was kinda amateur-ish back then... I also do know, that many people like to keep their older videos. I don't belong to them.

Last minute note: I was writing, that I need to find a microphone that works, but I noticed that my little sister's Singstar mic can actually be plugged into computer o.o And I've got a Philips 'as if' -HQ mic. I just couldn't get that one to work >.< I guess I'll start LP'ing once I get myself confident enough about the fact, that I wouldn't be the only LP'er with not the most pleasant voice. No really, I don't like my voice.

'kay, I gotta test the mic in action now, so..
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Do YOU think you have an unpleasant voice, or do others think you have an unpleasant voice?

It's worth asking as I pretty much dislike the sound of my voice and it took me a while to get used to hearing it all the time like that.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KF91

Post by KF91 »

raocow wrote:Do YOU think you have an unpleasant voice, or do others think you have an unpleasant voice?

It's worth asking as I pretty much dislike the sound of my voice and it took me a while to get used to hearing it all the time like that.
I think my voice in my videos sounds annoying >_>, but people seem to be able to deal with it XD
your friendly neighbourhood lper. click to visit my yt profile.
PkGam

Post by PkGam »

Suma wrote:lol :D yeah keep at it, and dont forget to forget about your current subs number, itll go up as long as you keep doin LPs fine, and improvin!

also, leave the colors to me, it doesnt help if you do the colours, i only paste the text, not the codes!
thanks!
Sorry about that! I write up posts in a seperate document then copy and paste them in. I read the first post but forgot to send it in a PM. XD I'll do that in a minute.

Yeppers! I have 101 subscribers now and am not planning on stopping! I'm always looking for ways to improve (if at all possible with what I have) to make it more fun for the viewers, as well as for myself! :D
I think if "in my opinion" was added to the end of all nonfactual or subjective statements, it would prevent a lot of pointless fights.
... in my opinion.
kilon

Post by kilon »

KF91 wrote:
raocow wrote:Do YOU think you have an unpleasant voice, or do others think you have an unpleasant voice?

I think my voice in my videos sounds annoying >_>, but people seem to be able to deal with it XD
everyone thinks their voice is annoying when they hear it on tape or whatever.
It's because the sound of your voice is going differently than other sounds you hear (can't really explain it in English at the moment)
CSM60

Post by CSM60 »

I sent a PM with my info. Hope to be added soon! ^^
warriorofdark

Post by warriorofdark »

Name: Derik Gender: male Age: 18

I am currently doing a lets play of pokemon emerald i have 30 parts that are currently up

i just started doing lps about a couple months ago so im between noobish and slightly experienced

the link to my channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/warriorofdark

and here is a link to my playlist for emerald http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 8195988BCE

well basically pokemon emerald is my first lets play im doing the best i can with it and with what i have to record it with

well so please check outmy emerlad and tell me what you think and of course if you like subscribe
Suma

Post by Suma »

alright, Im now ignoring with PRIDE all the registration posts, im not adding them to the list

READ THE OP. is it that hard? seriously? seriously??

OH AND SAD UPDATE!!
Im currently moving so I have no time to do this! Ill be having internet in the 2nd or 1st of july!!!
Be patient!
And for those who are curious, im in my old house, so i have internet for a short time, this wil be my last visit though
sorry! and see ya!
Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

Name, Gender, Age : Mecheon, Male, 20
What do I play/do? : Anything I can actually run, and mostly Ecco the Dolphin at that
how long have I been in the LP business market?: I started during March last year. And only finished 3 games in that time. A speedy LPer, I am not
Youtube channel Link : http://www.youtube.com/user/TehMecheon . If you actually want the full thing, http://www.dailymotion.com/Mecheon
Special Notes : No one can decide just WHAT my accent is. Listen and take a guess
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

Mecheon? Do you know wc3sear.ch?

Ah awesome, so you are that Mecheon. Neat, though the only thing I really remember is your gray Tails recolor avatar =P
CSM60

Post by CSM60 »

Ha well yes, when i first started i was worried that people wouldn't like my British accent, but now i wear it as a badge of pride! XD I like to think i'm unique, which is always good :D .
Someguyz

Post by Someguyz »

I find my voice to be quite nice, but when I play it back, it's SO DULL. I think. But other people say that it isn't. That's the main reason I haven't done a Video LP yet. I'm doing a Screenshot LP of a 1st generation Pokemon Romhack on another forum. (which was also oddly founded by a YT video maker) Doing that for practice.

I intend to LP games that haven't been done a lot, I mean, no offense to anyone else, but once you see a popular game LP'd so much, it just gets boring, ya know? So I do obscure and not overplayed games. My first video LP is Klonoa: Empire of Dreams for the GBA. Nice GBA Puzzle Platformer, great game to LP.
If there is no method to your madness, then you are not truly random. Sure, some people may call it *air quotes* Insanity, but that's about as accurate as 2 plus 2 equaling 4, it's just not right.
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

I don't like my voice at all, and I have an horrible accent, but I have like two or three people who seems to like watching my LPs ^^
Phaiyte

Post by Phaiyte »

I LP.
But I only do it with games that not a single person in the universe would expect lol.
On top of which I have yet to upload a singe one~ ;D
Kiniko says: Did you just put Medicine in a top 5 touhou characters list?
Really? Medicine?
Your now one of the three people who likes medicine :D
Phaiyte says: Fuck yeah, I like being awesome.
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

/me throws his hat into the LP ring as well.
gamefreakzach

Post by gamefreakzach »

Aye, I have also sent my PM.

I've been Let's Play-ing for a while I guess, not on the internet, but I always give commentary while I play with friends. I'm only like, 14 though, I can't see anybody taking me seriously anyway. XD

Hopefully I'll keep LPing ._. But that depends if my software decides to comply. I'm one of those Cheap-os that use Camstudio, but I also use Audacity, and then spend about an hour editing out the audio lag. It takes a while, but the end result is surprisingly polished.
ChaosWolf

Post by ChaosWolf »

I just sent a PM too. I need some one to tear apart my LP so I can vastly improve it. I have 6 subscribers but I think only one actually watches anything. Can someone give me their opinion on this?
---------------------^YouTube page link.^------------------------