(shouting)

Super Mario Dynamo

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Hello

Super Mario Dynamo

Post by Hello »

The people of the Mushroom Kingdom have finally embraced industrialization, and it is all thanks to everyone's favorite plumber, Luigi! Unfortunately, Luigi's greed got the best of him, and the entire kingdom became shrouded in darkness. The thick smog emanating from Luigi's accomplishments have darkened the once bright and colorful kingdom. It is now up to Mario to try and solve this dilemma!

Download
WestonSmith
Bunny

Re: Super Mario Dynamo

Post by WestonSmith »

(1) SMRPG music makes me all sorts of nostalgic
(2) Love the lighting on the fire enemies
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

holy bananas this looks amazing

Too bad I don't have time to play it right now ;_;

At a glance I'm loving the sweet wall-jumping action, and when I saw the triangle blocks placed on the outer and lower sides of terrain, my thoughts were "please be able to run upside-down please be able to run upside-down YESSSSSSS"
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Played a tiny bit and so far it feels really good. Though I did run into a seemingly unfair jump a minute into the first level that made me put it down for a second, but that really doesn't seem like a huge road bump in the bigger picture.
From what I can see in the video it looks like the level design is meatboy-like, but with mario assets instead. I think that's a really cool design choice and the levels look interesting and challenging.
However the throw blocks blowing up on enemy contact kinda bothers me and Mario's animation for the wallrun triangles (Or lack of) kinda bothers me. Still, those are kinda nitpicky complaints.
Last edited by mellonpizza 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Power-ups, the freedom of movement and graphics were really good looking in the trailer. I'll try this game when I have time.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Played some more and overall I really like it. Made it past the first castle/fortress. It's pretty hard though.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

haven't played it yet but man those screenshots look fancy
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

I've completed it. Hard game! For example,

there's 3 combinations of switch blocks in the final level's first room. You have to have the two colors in at least one combination to enter a pipe and continue, because they "fill in" a pipe that would drop you to a spike pit.