(shouting)

Episode 2 Discussion Thread

The second SMBX collab!

Name

Poll ended at 8 years ago

A Super Mario Bros X Thing Episode 3 (PTTS = Ep1)
No votes
A Super Mario Bros X Thing Episode 2 (PTTS = Ep0)
7%
A Second Mario Bros X Thing Episode 2
73%
A Third Mario Bros X Thing
20%

Total votes: 15

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Episode 2 Discussion Thread

Post by Voltgloss »

Rusbojis wrote:What should we call episode 2?
I don't remember who originally suggested it, but I strongly support "Episode 2: Digital Groove."
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

How about Trackball Boogie?
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

Rusbojis wrote: Also how do I add my level to the table on the wiki?
Log in with your wiki account, open the A2MBXT Levels page, click on the three lines button, and then edit source. From there just copy what others did.
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

If Ep.1 is Analog Funk and Ep.2 is Digital Something, what would Ep.3 be called? what comes after analog and digital?
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Mikkofier wrote:If Ep.1 is Analog Funk and Ep.2 is Digital Something, what would Ep.3 be called? what comes after analog and digital?
I vote to call Episode 3 "Acoustic Disco".
oshaoshawott
knuckle's no.. no more
Pronouns: boy

Post by oshaoshawott »

Episode 2 is obviously going to be called Electric Boogaloo.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

oshaoshawott wrote:Episode 2 is obviously going to be called Electric Boogaloo.
Why would anyone call it anything different?
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

But guys we need to cut down on the memes!!!
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Mikkofier wrote:If Ep.1 is Analog Funk and Ep.2 is Digital Something, what would Ep.3 be called? what comes after analog and digital?
Episode 3: Haptic Waltz
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Episode 3: NRZ encoded hiphop.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Episode 4: Space Rock 'N' Roll?
Oddwrath

Post by Oddwrath »

Abacus Shredding.
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Episode 3: A Return to Analog Centered Entirely on its Expense and Coolness Rather Than any Acoustic Benefits or Lack Thereof.
All the protagonists wear lens-less glasses and have beards.
Last edited by Doctor Shemp 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Doctor Shemp wrote:
Episode 3: A Return to Analog Centered Entirely on its Expense and Coolness Rather Than any Acoustic Benefits or Lack Thereof.
All the protagonists where lens-less glasses, ironic 80s tees and have neckbeards.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

There should be a poll or something.

Episode 3: "Acoustic Waltz/Disco"
Episode 4: "Destruction Symphonic (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Armeggadon)"
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
momo

Post by momo »

We should make a pool of possible names for the episode, narrow it down and then set up a poll to vote on it.

Also I'll second Digital Groove.

As for episode 3 I think we'll have to come up with something more abstract... or just go with dr. shemp's idea.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

But NRZ encoded hiphop. :P NRZ is a simple type of digital encoding. It makes so much sense guyz.

Honestly though this isn't a real discussion. :P It makes no sense to suggest names for episode 3 right now.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

What are you talking about? We can have cryptic references to disco in episode 2!
shaman

Post by shaman »

Digital Groove is great indeed. We should go with that
is this videogames?
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

shaman wrote:Digital Groove is great indeed. We should go with that
That means the second word is also a musical term... you've got Funk, Groove... what's next? Jam? Boogaloo?
Oddwrath

Post by Oddwrath »

ztarwuff wrote:
That means the second word is also a musical term... you've got Funk, Groove... what's next? Jam? Boogaloo?
Swing.

On a different note, let's talk about the final castle of Episode 2. Also, I'm not quite sure whether this is spoilerish or not, so spoilering anyway just in case.
Could we combine the relay level and the final castle into one level? You know, like it was in the ASMT? It would also find a use for that Wart replacement theme that nobody seems to use.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Oddwrath wrote:
ztarwuff wrote:
I still like Waltz for Episode 3, simply because the defining characteristic of a Waltz is its three-beat time signature.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Voltgloss wrote:I still like Waltz for Episode 3, simply because the defining characteristic of a Waltz is its three-beat time signature.
Well, in that case, the second episode should be Digital Polka as Polka almost always seems to have a 2/4 signature time.
Oddwrath wrote:On a different note, let's talk about the final castle of Episode 2. Also, I'm not quite sure whether this is spoilerish or not, so spoilering anyway just in case.
Could we combine the relay level and the final castle into one level? You know, like it was in the ASMT? It would also find a use for that Wart replacement theme that nobody seems to use.
Theme-wise that might end up being far too chaotic. It'd probably be more suited to the final-final-final castle of the entire series.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

ztarwuff wrote:
Voltgloss wrote:I still like Waltz for Episode 3, simply because the defining characteristic of a Waltz is its three-beat time signature.
Well, in that case, the second episode should be Digital Polka as Polka almost always seems to have a 2/4 signature time.
may I please change my vote, these are better
Still sticking with my original suggestion for Ep. 4's title
ztarwuff wrote:
Oddwrath wrote:On a different note, let's talk about the final castle of Episode 2. Also, I'm not quite sure whether this is spoilerish or not, so spoilering anyway just in case.
Theme-wise that might end up being far too chaotic. It'd probably be more suited to the final-final-final castle of the entire series.
Has anyone started working on Ep. 2's W8 castle yet? If the structure's still up for debate I propose splitting the place up into two levels, the first being closer to the typical SMW final level structure with a choice of different paths for each segment/game in review thing and the second going something like this (Warning, potential story spoilers based on stuff that is subject to change):
this bbcode is defined in bbcode.php
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Oddwrath

Post by Oddwrath »

Rockythechao wrote:
ztarwuff wrote:
Has anyone started working on Ep. 2's W8 castle yet? If the structure's still up for debate I propose splitting the place up into two levels, the first being closer to the typical SMW final level structure with a choice of different paths for each segment/game in review thing and the second going something like this (Warning, potential story spoilers based on stuff that is subject to change):
If we're doing the SMW style castle, then there's something I had in works for a long time.
The idea is, it's multiple paths, but it's SMB1 style maze multiple paths, except the paths don't lead you to the beginning of the path, but to a different part of the level. It's essentially freshening up the parts of the original SMW Bowser's Castle. The problem I have right now, is doing that seamlessly, but I am working on making it better.
Also: