(shouting)

A2MBXT - Sounds & Music

The second SMBX collab!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: A2MBXT - Sounds & Music

Post by SAJewers »

IIRC, It's an SMBX event + Axe.

EDIT: Yep. Invisible Axe that runs an SMBX Event that loves the layer.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Oh. Shit. Then it's my fault: the Super Leeks patch I made overrode the axe file. Hang on, I'll make a patch to the patch to restore it.

EDIT: here's the patch.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Hey, errm, guys? I only just noticed that you used some music by none other than me, Yonowaaru/Bowserian. That is (as far as I can see) Haunted Ballroom and Minstrel's Song. While I am totally honored and don't really mind it that you did, it still feels kind of iffy that no one felt obligated to at least notify me of this fact. Just putting that out there.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Yonowaaru wrote:Hey, errm, guys? I only just noticed that you used some music by none other than me, Yonowaaru/Bowserian. That is (as far as I can see) Haunted Ballroom and Minstrel's Song. While I am totally honored and don't really mind it that you did, it still feels kind of iffy that no one felt obligated to at least notify me of this fact. Just putting that out there.
Are those songs created for A2MT? I think most of A2MT's custom soundtrack was ported to A2XT.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Oh, that might be it. I was just surprised since even I hadn't given any attention to those songs in like 2 years, so I was wondering what was going on.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I spent yesterday and today listening to the Episode 1 soundtrack, and I am thoroughly impressed at the sheer variety.

One thing though. The qualify of the World 8 theme of Hina's Fluffy Dream, used in "Town7", feels a bit off. It's weird because World 7 theme sounds fine.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

ano0maly wrote:One thing though. The quality of the World 8 theme of Hina's Fluffy Dream, used in "Town7", feels a bit off. It's weird because World 7 theme sounds fine.
A possible explanation: I was forced to record both of those songs with Audacity and an amateur setup ingame because I couldn't find the songs online. During that, some background minor static was plaguing the audio, so I did what I assumed was right and removed it with Audacity.

It could be that static removing thing that might have changed the quality of the song.

Edit: Playing the game again, I can hear the quality drop now: it was due to the recording quality being bad in general, not the static remove thing. Such a bummer I didn't notice it earlier.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Huh, for those songs I thought someone took them from my uploads of the soundtrack (which I admit were not in the best quality either because somehow Camtasia Studio screwed up the quality). I could give you my high quality rips from the game itself if you want to use them.

EDIT: Actually, that may or may not be the best idea since I just realized that the extraction causes the songs to each start with a little crackle at the beginning. I can probably still do a high quality recording using FFSplit (for some reason I use that to record music from games over Audacity, I don't know why).
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

You don't have to extract them. I have the BGMs as audio files in the game folder and I can send them to you if you need them. They're in OGG format, but I think I can convert them to MP3 if you want.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

That's weird. The game itself has the music all stored in the data.bin file, not in the game folder, but okay? I didn't say I needed them, I said I HAD them, if anyone else wanted them. :V
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Why I have them

I was referring more to the A2XT team.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Should some of the sound effects be changed for episode 2?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Willhart wrote:Should some of the sound effects be changed for episode 2?
Do whatever you like. At this point I can say with about 70% certainty that I intend to resign all the responsibilities I had in Episode 1's development for Episode 2. Change them to be better, change them to be worse, remove them all, or replace them all with farts if you like, but do it without me, and without reference to me in the credits when you get around to making them. Unless of course I change my mind, but I'd only place that as about 30% likely.

CLARIFYING EDIT: The request about the credits applies unless you happen to retain one of the sounds I actually did make (not many). Those would be bullet launch, glass shatter, and water jumping. And if you retain the music, on that too. But otherwise no.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

I have a few sounds I got from extracting some music from a GBA game I liked a lot as a kid that we can use. I'll post it up as soon as I get them all and .zip it.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

I'd like to see Shemp's music tracks return in Episode 2, preferably as level music - rather than simply boss battle music - so that the player gets a chance to hear the full tracks.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Voltgloss wrote:I'd like to see Shemp's music tracks return in Episode 2, preferably as level music - rather than simply boss battle music - so that the player gets a chance to hear the full tracks.
It's not my call, but I would prefer that they stay related to the siblings. However, if the siblings were to return - hint, hint - or if someone were to do something related to them anyway (for example, I was tossing around the idea of a fleet of Garish's airships accidentally falling into a hole between dimensions and ending up in Episode 2 as a level) then I'd love to hear them return in that context.

Depending on the timing, and if you guys wanted it, I may return for some more music. If there's anything I'd stretch myself to contribute, it would be that.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Doctor Shemp wrote: It's not my call, but I would prefer that they stay related to the siblings. However, if the siblings were to return - hint, hint - or if someone were to do something related to them anyway (for example, I was tossing around the idea of a fleet of Garish's airships accidentally falling into a hole between dimensions and ending up in Episode 2 as a level) then I'd love to hear them return in that context.

Depending on the timing, and if you guys wanted it, I may return for some more music. If there's anything I'd stretch myself to contribute, it would be that.
Would you be against them being associated with the different uncles?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Unless the uncles are basically clones of the siblings in question, it's basically the same thing: creating an association where there isn't one. Look, if I have the time, I can probably do the uncle music. It's fun to do, unlike the SFX and the beta testing. Just don't expect a super-rapid turnaround like I had for the siblings.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

So, uh...
Still working on the other remix, and I've got a couple original pieces I may touch up and contribute as well.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Rockythechao wrote:So, uh...
Still working on the other remix, and I've got a couple original pieces I may touch up and contribute as well.
It was good until the vocals. If you're going to use that take you need some serious processing on them and even then they might not work. They're out-of-tune extremely frequently and the dynamics are all over the place.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Oh, no, like I said in the description on that page I'm just using those vocals until I can get a better recording with different lyrics.
All things considered I probably put way too much effort into doing manual pitch correction for placeholder audio, and the description is so far out of the way seriously Soundcloud what were you thinking with this layout

With that said, there's still a lot to be done before I can worry about recording a new vocal track. I went and added the cheesydumb new lyrics as time-stamped comments so they can be discussed on a per-line basis; if there was any doubt before it should be pretty clear by now that I'm not the best songwriter in the universe, so any feedback on those or suggestions for better ones would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'll put up a completely instrumental version and move the comments to that one.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
momo

Post by momo »

I need someone to do me a huge favor by making this music loop better:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/mdi1qjs ... t/cave.mp3
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

leaving this link here: http://nesdev.com/music/
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Wohlstand
Moondust and TheXTech developer
First name: Vitaly

Post by Wohlstand »

SAJewers wrote:leaving this link here: http://nesdev.com/music/
Oh, great!
S3M, .MOD, .IT... with SDL is not need to convert them into huge MP3 with saving lots of space :D
Anyway, thanks for this collection ;)
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Here is a good tutorial for converting spc music to mp3.
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/terranigma ... o-mp3.html

Music on the SMW hacks is on spc format. You can find them from here for example.
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&s=smwmusic