(shouting)

A Second Mario Thing: free alex

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Re: A Second Mario Thing: free alex

Post by Doctor Shemp »

swirlybomb wrote:If there's indeed a pun in there somewhere, someone needs to fill me in!!
tasty mousse.jpg
tasty mousse.jpg (60.82 KiB) Viewed 5230 times
Wait, if you made that without realising the pun, then what did you intend the gag to be?
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

OH.

I'm a dumb.

It really was just complete nonsense. The actual 'story' to it is dumb and pointless. Instead I'll pretend that the mousse pun was it all along. Yep.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

If I may ask, does anyone know if this game has its own title screen?
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

128-Up wrote:If I may ask, does anyone know if this game has its own title screen?
From what I understand, graphics for it were made, but not inserted. Or, they were inserted, but not actually assembled. Or somesuch. I forget exactly. The title screen *music* is still in the ROM, though, in any case.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

I haven't been on in like... forever, but I've been catching up with the series (at video 51, yaay), but I noticed that the base ROM/fishmarket isn't in the OP anymore, which kind of worries me since I know the OW version has... a lot more broken stuff in it than the fishmarket. Is that still in the bowels of the Graveyard alongside the rest of the A2MT stuff, or is it gone forever? It'd be nice to know because I kind of want to play some of these levels even if it breaks my face.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: A Second Mario Thing: fuck alex

Post by SAJewers »

Validon98 wrote:I haven't been on in like... forever, but I've been catching up with the series (at video 51, yaay), but I noticed that the base ROM/fishmarket isn't in the OP anymore, which kind of worries me since I know the OW version has... a lot more broken stuff in it than the fishmarket. Is that still in the bowels of the Graveyard alongside the rest of the A2MT stuff, or is it gone forever? It'd be nice to know because I kind of want to play some of these levels even if it breaks my face.
Try this:
raocow wrote:Well, for what it's worth, this is the package that I prepared for Ryuu

a2mt Complete Works

It includes the big map and its levels, the fishmarket, the earlier fishmarket, and all the individual roms and whatnots I had to use through the game. It also includes 'instructions' on when to play the levels in the fishmarket/dedicated rom and whatnot (other than when a level doesn't actually, like, work)

I'm not sure if anyone actually wants this, but, well, here it is.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong

Post by Validon98 »

Oh wow. I didn't know this was a thing, but then again I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Thanks to raocow then for compiling the OW and the fishmarket and everything else (even if it was originally for Ryuu, speaking of which I wish him good luck with A2MT too, because after 50 videos or so I can safely say some of the levels were... uhhhhh...). And of course, thanks to raocow for playing through the shattered remains of this project despite how it turned out.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

RyutheXIIIth

Post by RyutheXIIIth »

I'M ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Also, super-late to the party, but I'll post my thoughts on zombie A2MT once I'm done with the LP marathon.
NEW CONTENT COMING SOON
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I have an old testing of anonymousbloodlust's level. He was only two years into making the level. This video was not made for entertainment purposes. It does contain content that raocow was force to skip due to a glitch and some stuff that was probably removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3e_O6N-JSg
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Left overs oh man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqsVodt7sj4

Fun fact I played The Great Pit too (in this very thread) and came to the same conclusion rao did that although it's a muncher pit it's actually pretty fun for it. Pretty sure it was removed just for the sake of having an emphasis on munchers without taking into account fun factor/impossible jumps present. But hey I wouldn't know since I wasn't there so I can only speculate.

Don't speculate kids, it'll give ya rashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Y7x4foc4s
Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So was there a treasure chest implemented or not?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Sebby19 wrote:So was there a treasure chest implemented or not?
Probably not. Level was probably rejected before chests were thought about (considering chests didn't make it into some levels in the zombie anyway)

It's very linear so it would be pree hard to miss a chest.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

A2MT: It just won't stay dead!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Post by spitznagl »

Sebby19 wrote:So was there a treasure chest implemented or not?
I believe that you had to go through the blue saws at 1:58 to get the chest if I remember correctly.

Also, I'm not the one who made the second level. I did make the replacement to "The great pit" and a sibling hall that were not inserted though.
Last edited by spitznagl 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

dracula x stage 1 flames with mm&b robot museum gridfloor and lava

also smb3 exhaust pipes
ah yes i've played brutal mario too

yatagarasu is by shdwdrgnix btw
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Cool

I'm pretty sure I said it in this thread already, but great pit was removed because alex has a hate-boner for diddyboy. That's pretty much the only reason. Like, okay, I'll admit the original version of his level WAS pretty bad (you pretty much had to die 10 times to blind shit), but the version raocow played was fixed by argumentable and is very playable, as you saw

The temple of whathisface wasn't spitznagl haha, it was by shadowdrgnx (not sure of the exact spelling anymore). The reason it wasn't inserted is because it was one of the only (probably the only, excluding sibling halls) levels that weren't actually completed : the lunatic version doesn't exist

Validon98
Echoing Birdsong

Post by Validon98 »

Well this episode existed from nowhere. A2MT is one hell of a zombie, huh?

Both levels looked... hard, to say the least. To be honest with the second level the kaizo trap's a little uncalled for, and some of the obstacles were a bit overdone in terms of difficulty, but it could have been worse. It could have been one of raocow's levels.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

didnt alex like get mad at the fact that people were bringing up The Great Pit back during the LP proper or am i imagining that

also, this isn't the only thing you said you would get back to a long time ago!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

You are correct, he got a tad miffed at me for bringing the level up back then. Whether that's because shenanigans were going on or he just didn't want people criticizing for a rejected level is anybody's guess. All things considered it doesnt matter too much since A2MT never became a full fledged thing.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Leet wrote:didnt alex like get mad at the fact that people were bringing up The Great Pit back during the LP proper or am i imagining that
Bwarch wrote:You are correct, he got a tad miffed at me for bringing the level up back then. Whether that's because shenanigans were going on or he just didn't want people criticizing for a rejected level is anybody's guess. All things considered it doesnt matter too much since A2MT never became a full fledged thing.
he was all like "guys i already nuked this stop talking about it guys guys GUYS STOP TALKING ABOUT IT GUYS"
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

djsecret was always a hothead especially when you called him by his original screenname, djsecret
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Say... that name looks familiar. Or maybe I'm thinking of djpretzal.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

I actually watched Bwarch's vid of The Great Pit when he put it up during rao's original A2MT LP, but the second stage was new. I know someone said the Lunatic section wasn't there, but were the Easy and Normal ones present?

Also: Hooray. Two more stages that would've used the Romancing SaGa 3 final battle theme. Because there weren't enough stages in A2MT that used that song! :P What, was that like, a default value in the ROM or something?
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Yeah, I noticed that the same song was used for both levels and was like "wait isn't this that one" and i was right
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

YelseyKing wrote:Also: Hooray. Two more stages that would've used the Romancing SaGa 3 final battle theme. Because there weren't enough stages in A2MT that used that song! :P What, was that like, a default value in the ROM or something?
I knew the BGM was Romancing SaGa! I think both of the designers of the level present in the video used the same song apparently.

T'was the night (or day) when raocow was haunted back by a cancelled talkhaus project...

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir