(shouting)

A Second Mario Thing: free alex

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: A Second Mario Thing: but I just can't

Post by Willhart »

shdwdrgnix wrote:The P-switch was found at the top of the chain climbing area, while the intended way to get the chest was to enter the boss room big to be able to enter that pipe with a blue block.
Asking the player to go through the same auto scrolling area twice feels bit much. This level was too long/difficult looking for me. There was little to no margin for error in parts. Most of raocow's deaths seem to be from the slipperiness and tight jumps. I do like how expansive this level was though and how it used some long hallways with good enemy placement. Sparks on that one area were clever too.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

It was interesting to see raocow figuring out how to enter that floating door but the level felt too long and had little room for error. None-the-less, the level did have some cool ideas, so whoever the heck you are shdwdrgnix, good try.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

Willhart wrote: Asking the player to go through the same auto scrolling area twice feels bit much.
Originally, I wanted the blue blocks to be in the mid-point area , but it felt more bothersome to bring it past the first auto-scroll section
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

I don't know what it was, but something made this level mush less fatiguing to watch than other A2MT levels of similar length.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

How many levels are left?
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Well let's see.

Tomorrow I play the level that should have been on that empty spot. Then there are two levels left on the map. Then the last switch palace (might be two videos). Then the two levels for the last world. Then the final level (might be more than one video).

Then the postgame (two levels, one is mine and I'll probably savescum it, and another that will probably take more than one video)

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, and this is assuming I don't do some levels that wheren't finished 'in time' or whatever.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

raocow wrote:Then the postgame (two levels, one is mine and I'll probably savescum it, and another that will probably take more than one video)
Is your level "Further Over There"? Because I tried it in the fish market ROM... I died like five times. On the first set of obstacles. I fail at A2MT. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Can anyone tell me what the song used in the chest area for this level was? 'Cause I think it's pretty cool.
shdwdrgnix

Post by shdwdrgnix »

sedron wrote:Can anyone tell me what the song used in the chest area for this level was? 'Cause I think it's pretty cool.
Irwin on reflection from Legend of Mana
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Kinda surprised I didnt get any love for creating half of tentas level XD
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I had no idea!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raocow wrote:I had no idea!
You asked me personally to help him with his level awhile back. XD
Last edited by Awakenyourmind 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Terry van Feleday

Post by Terry van Feleday »

Say, where could I find a link to the fishmarket version of the game? The first post only has the OW one.
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

sedron wrote:Can anyone tell me what the song used in the chest area for this level was? 'Cause I think it's pretty cool.
If you liked that unassuming little SMW port, you should check out the REAL version of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9-0QTDyjO4

It's always swell having uncle raocow read the French to us! The level was...okay, but yet another abuser of those weird homing bullet bills and shelless blue goopas. And of course, nothing would be complete without the ice physics! Heck yeah!
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The background was nice. It's interesting, how those outlines become less noticeable when playing. Some parts used those boomerang bullets really well.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Mineyl wrote: If you liked that unassuming little SMW port, you should check out the REAL version of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9-0QTDyjO4
It's really cool how the port and the original feel so different. Calling the SMW port "unassuming," is pretty accurate, and I think that's part of what gives it some charm. I could see it being used in an end-game level, or maybe the penultimate hallway of the final level. You'd get a calm-before-the-storm type thing going.

Meanwhile, the original, through it's more bombastic instrumentation, is a much stronger piece overall. It works much better as a gameplay/story crescendo than the port. It fits for a boss much better than the port, as well.

It's just such a cool song either way. I love it. =D
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

yall got some wierd obsession with ice physics man
Image Image
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Legend of Mana has such a ridiculous soundtrack. Aesthetically that is maybe my favorite game ever. Deeply flawed otherwise, though.

Also, I still love seeing people die to kaizo blocks, even if they are semi-visible. Every game raocow plays should have at least one stage with a lot of them. Including Copy Kitty.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

not positive how I feel about eye-strain: the level
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

Mabel wrote:yall got some wierd obsession with ice physics man
Instant Difficulty: Just set flag.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Ice physics + homing bullets + (almost) invisible blocks (very hard to see on that background)... ouch.

At least the stage didn't kill raocow *too* much. And it *did* have some nice music.

And speaking of music, agreeing with the above sentiments about Legend of Mana's music. It has a great soundtrack. Yoko Shimomura is probably my favorite video game composer of all time.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Originally there was no outline for those invisible coin blocks until a few people bitched about it, I think I was one of them.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Franky wrote:Originally there was no outline for those invisible coin blocks until a few people bitched about it, I think I was one of them.
Guilty.

I'm not going to let a level riddled with invisible coin blocks in just like that. Last thing anyone wants is for A2MT to be called Kaizo-like or unfair again.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote: Last thing anyone wants is for A2MT to be called Kaizo-like or unfair again.
The Meaning of Sharp

oh wait you said again....

....still wishful thinking...
Image Image