(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Bean »

Not yet, and we haven't gotten Dragon Quest VII yet either in spite of Bravely Default doing well here, although that might be more Nintendo's doing since they published it. I don't really think Square knows what they're doing at the moment.

One race to go in Road Rash. If I finish in the top four, I've beaten the game. If not, I've got a long way to go before I can upgrade for the final bike to make it easier. As for Mario Kart 8, I've done all the 100cc races.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

mega man 5

wily skull is pissing me off but i know i can do it its just annoying cause theres so much opportunity for error

e: dragon quest talk: yeah its pretty much vanished over here. except for a mobile VIII port for some reason
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Saved Komulune Island from the volcano's eruption (I won't get dark magic, but I don't mind) and saved a small boy and a baby Moo (they're kinda like yaks) from Dantarg.

Another Hero down, woo~
Leet wrote:mega man 5

wily skull is pissing me off but i know i can do it its just annoying cause theres so much opportunity for error
Good luck!
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Euparkeria »

Leet wrote:mega man 5

Skulls don't like archers

Umm am I supposed to take 4 damage from Met shots in Mega Man Rock Force on normal?
Cool banner by Neutron Star!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Taking a break from platformers and going back to my RPG roots, I decided to give Lost Odyssey a try. I actually tried it a while back, but my old TV rendered the text unreadably tiny, rendering the game unplayable. But with my new TV, I gave it another shot, and wooo, it works great. Haven't played much yet, but I'm getting some good vibes from it. Feels like "Final Fantasy meets Radiant Historia meets Shadow Hearts" thus far. Looking forward to seeing how this game plays out.

I got a rechargeable 360 wireless controller battery pack for Christmas, and *finally* got around to trying it, but I'm... not sure how to use it, and it didn't come with any instructions. I can only assume it's not charged, but I have no idea how *to* charge it, either. Fortunately I have a wired 360 controller I've been using for PC gaming, so I used that, and can continue to do so if needed.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Ape Escape time attack is pretty dang intense. I've done like the first 2 to gold and up to like the 4th level 100%-wise so far.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Just finished inFamous. It was a pretty good game and you should check it out!
Final boss was kinda lame. Finished it on my first try, and I mean... That's not to say it was super easy, but most of the "difficulty" came from the fact that his health bar is stupidly huge and goes down really slow so it's really a test of endurance.

I did the evil version of the game, and I'm curious as to what the good version is like, but I'm too lazy to redo it so I'm gonna move onto a different game for now. Good/evil things are kinda lame, cause it's really just an excuse for you to be forced to play a game twice through to experience everything. Whatever though.

Also, I checked the clock the minute I beat the final boss and it was 12:02AM so I guess I'll have to put on my games beaten list that I beat the game on the 23rd even though that's just barely the case.
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Dragon Quest 3 is doneded. Holy crap that final segment was amazing.
They did Alefgard SO well with the music and the going around and the memories and all of the everything.
And holy crap that final boss was intense. All my MP was gone and I was about to be dying and then I won.

Now I'm gonna concentrate on Okami because that game exists too.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Mario Kart 8 again. That was a close one!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Found out yesterday that Sonic & Knuckles Collection is up on archive.org. Kinda bummed now that I got rid of the copy I had years ago.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I intend to complete ape escape over time, slowly completing a stage at a time. Meanwhile I rolled Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.... which I know nothing about. So yeah.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

pholtos wrote:I intend to complete ape escape over time, slowly completing a stage at a time. Meanwhile I rolled Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.... which I know nothing about. So yeah.
Oooh. Das a fun one. It's the first game in the series that did away with conventional subweapons and opted to make them into abilities instead. Being the packrat I am, I loved collecting all the different souls. Dawn of Sorrow is great, too. Direct sequel, same gameplay. If you liked AoS, you'll also like DoS.

Yeah, I'm a Castlevania fanboy. :P

Moists:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And I'm a Mario one. Along with Mario Kart 8, I wound up getting that World Tour golf game on the 3DS recently. It's also pretty fun. You have a mini-career like mode with your Mii and the usual default stuff. It definitely has a lot more content in it even without the DLC stuff than the Gamecube one.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So I can basically use one of these souls til I hit the use limit then it vanishes? Is that how it works?
Also I figured out the red thing is up+attack. How would you use the other two? I don't have a manual or anything with me. <- The game downright tells me how to do the moves.
Last edited by pholtos 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

You can use a soul unlimited times, but you still got mana, so don't try to spam the powers of the souls.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Ah so the /use is the mana used to use said ability. Got it.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

Obsessing over Audiosurf once more. Please send help
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

You're lost now... there is no help for you... I am sorry.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

pholtos wrote:So I can basically use one of these souls til I hit the use limit then it vanishes? Is that how it works?
Also I figured out the red thing is up+attack. How would you use the other two? I don't have a manual or anything with me. <- The game downright tells me how to do the moves.
Red souls are up+attack, the blue souls (or yellow, whichever ones are in the second slot) are activated with the R button and cost mana over time or will activate for a short period of time for a fairly large mana cost, and the third slot souls are passive abilities and are always active for no mana cost.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Be sure to farm strong-looking enemies for their souls, it's worth the farming

Usually an enemy can be classified by their looks. Strong ones have red souls (there are some exceptions)
Enemies who act more like hazards (like Ghost Dancers, Golems and Ghouls) have yellow souls
Blue ones are more utility based, like summoning an enemy or causing damage over time

I really recommend Dawn of Sorrow if you liked Aria of Sorrow a lot.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I'm enjoying doing the back dash dance.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Just as a heads up... the Luck stat determines how often you'll acquire souls or dropped items. Several pieces of equipment can raise it, as can Ghost Dancer (+4) and Gremlin (+8) souls. You'll definitely want to pick up those souls if you're interested in getting more.

Moists:

Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

There is a little extra thing for collecting every soul so be sure to gather as many souls as you can
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

YelseyKing wrote:Just as a heads up... the Luck stat determines how often you'll acquire souls or dropped items. Several pieces of equipment can raise it, as can Ghost Dancer (+4) and Gremlin (+8) souls. You'll definitely want to pick up those souls if you're interested in getting more.
High luck does make a surprisingly miniscule difference though. The soul eater ring or whatever its name was is far more efficient even though it's also far more difficult to get. I'm fairly certain that it actually has a higher impact on souls dropping than maximum luck does.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Alice wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Just as a heads up... the Luck stat determines how often you'll acquire souls or dropped items. Several pieces of equipment can raise it, as can Ghost Dancer (+4) and Gremlin (+8) souls. You'll definitely want to pick up those souls if you're interested in getting more.
High luck does make a surprisingly miniscule difference though. The soul eater ring or whatever its name was is far more efficient even though it's also far more difficult to get. I'm fairly certain that it actually has a higher impact on souls dropping than maximum luck does.
That is indeed true, and likewise the Rare Ring has more of an effect on getting dropped items. That said, Luck does play a part, so while, yeah, it's not the end-all-be-all thing, it's not like it should be ignored, either.

Moists: