(shouting)

The 'Your Future' Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
LatexHydra

The 'Your Future' Thread

Post by LatexHydra »

In this thread, you can talk about what are your plans for your future. When I graduate High School, I want to go to a four year college, then move to a big city and be an artist/vidya game designer. (and make my own cartoons) I just gotta do good in school though. Which I haven't been doing... Better start cracking down on that.
Last edited by LatexHydra 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: The 'Your Future' Thread

Post by Leet »

im going to write some cool books and make some cool games. hopefully i can garner enough of a reputation with this good but low-budget art that i can get opportunities to direct bigger things, like a cartoon or something.

hopefully.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I plan to graduate highschool next week and then I go to university for a software systems development course or I might just scrap that partway through and get a general computer science degree, I don't know.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I hope to get over my fear of looking for a job next semester, and also intend to graduate from college in said semester. Beyond that is a mystery to me.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I also have a fear of looking for a job, and driving, both of which I'm trying to get over, though I don't really know where to start with the former. As for what I want to do, I just want to make cool indie games and that's pretty much it. My college had a Game Development program which I finished, though I still need to get my diploma (apparently there's a deadline to sign up for graduation, which I found out about after the deadline...). I also know I won't be able to finish one of my game ideas on my own, so I would need to find a group that will actually work together instead of just falling apart after the first brainstorming until months later when someone sends an email saying "hey, remember that thing we said we would work on? we should get back to that!" only for the same thing to occur again.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I either plan to be an attorney, translator or video game designer one day.

As for the other things, I try to get over my shyness. It's hard to talk to girls when the only word you can say is 'hi'.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Two days from now, I'm going to move to America. My parents are moving back after one year, but I'm planning to find a way that I can stay longer, due to my current situation being pretty bleak and uninteresting. I plan to get a driver's license while in America, as well as get myself going enough to make an actual video game with my free time. I might get a job or something, though I don't know for sure if I will.

And I might try to be more compromising around kids my age, since most of the ones here I feel are pretty stupid. Not like they just have different ideas than me or something, they have pretty legitimate reasons to be considered annoying.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
BlueWizrobe
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by BlueWizrobe »

At the moment, I hope to just keep my job teaching music so I can not starve and pay the rent. Ultimately though, now that I am finished with university, I'd like to get into professional musical theatre. I have done 5 shows this year already but I'd love to get paid well enough to live comfortably off the shows alone. Composing music for video games would be pretty cool too.
I'd also like to move to Canada or the UK :P
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Fluffi-dono wrote:translator
What's up best buddy!
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

I plan to win the lottery so I can be rich and spend the rest of my time as a NEET.

Being realistic, I just want a simple job that isn't too difficult and give me enough money to spend a normal life. Preferably a job in programming, but if I don't have the choice I will do anything as long as I don't hate it. Yeah I'm really not motivated, as long as I have money to buy my videogames I'm fine with this. I'm currently in a temporary job until end of august and if I don't find anything I might stay here.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Find someplace to study computers.
Find a job.
Move to a place of my own.
Write more.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Okay, but seriously, I'm gonna switch courses to computer programming (currently in high school), now that registrations for that course are open in my school. I'll have to start from 10th grade again (you have to whenever you change to another course) but I don't mind.

Planning to go on either a game design or a software programming course when I go to college.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

How does that work? You do specific courses for your career in high school?
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

Something physics and maths.
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Ashan wrote:How does that work? You do specific courses for your career in high school?
I guess so?

Where I live, we have normal courses (science, arts...) as well as professional courses (like the one I just mentioned).
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Maniamax

Post by Maniamax »

Snakebite969 wrote:Something physics and maths.
<3

Hoping to get into Maths-Sciences by this time 3-4 months, and into Maths-Physics a year after that. Ideally get some research job, and solve puzzles for a living.
"It baffles me to think of our dependence on fossil fuels, when only five kilograms of electricity is enough to power an entire city for months."
Nicholas Tesla
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

refer to the bottom of my sig
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Well, for the short-ish-term-future-ish, I'm planning on trying to get a job next summer. There's a really nice locally owned restaurant/ice cream shop nearby that I'm planning on targeting for my job-related desires. Hopefully I can make some pocket change and not be wasting my time all day. If they don't accept me for whatever reason (I've been a pretty regular customer so hopefully that'll help my case) then I might just resort to putting up signs around town for yard work or something stupid like that.
I'm also hoping to have learned enough SDL by the end of this summer to make simple games, like space invaders or something like that. I've already learned a good bit of C++ (I've exhausted these tutorials and read over quite a bit of a C++ book) so all I really have left is SDL before I can start game creation as a hobby. Well, I think so, anyways.

Also, if I can make enough time for it, I'd be interested in learning Sonic the Hedgehog hacking. I'd also love to learn 68k ASM so that I can do practically whatever I want in my StH hacks. Also maybe learn 65c816 ASM so that I can become significantly more advanced with my SMW hacking. But these are just little enjoyment-based goals I have on the side that I'll only do if I have spare time.

As far as my more long-term future, I plan on getting a bachelor's degree in computer science (or some similar degree) and becoming a software developer/designer. Then I might extend my degree to a master's just for the heck of it, but I haven't decided that for sure yet. It might help me obtain a better position in my job though.
Hopefully I'll still be making YouTube videos as a hobby, and I'm hoping that by this point my channel will also be decently sized and I'll be able to make some pocket change from it on the side of my job.

I'm planning on maintaining a 4.0 GPA throughout high school and college as well. I'd be thrilled to be the valedictorian but I'll be more than satisfied even if I'm not, as long as I keep a 4.0 GPA. 4.0 is the main goal here.

I'll probably get a girlfriend/wife at some point, but I dunno about kids. My current opinion on children is that they are annoying and I would rather not have any unless my wife is going to shoot me in the face about it. This opinion might change as I get older though. Not sure.

I also plan on staying physically fit throughout my life. Generic things like lifting and crunches and whatnot, but also running around town several times a week. A big goal of mine is to run in a marathon at some point.

And then I will buy a raocow and ditch my job and wife and house and money because it won't matter because I'll have a raocow the end thank for play.
Last edited by Frozelar 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Jayoshi wrote:And I might try to be more compromising around kids my age, since most of the ones here I feel are pretty stupid. Not like they just have different ideas than me or something, they have pretty legitimate reasons to be considered annoying.
... I just realized how much this sounds like I was talking about the forum...

Just to clarify, I was talking about in real life.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

I graduated high school 4 days ago. Gonna study chemistry starting in September. Will live with parents until money allows otherwise. Been through four extremely embarrassing friendzones back to back that I was convinced weren't going to be friendzones. So I'm going to be antisocial for about a decade and maybe end up having some self esteem. I also plan to not be depressed and have suicide scares anymore if I can do anything about it. Would love to get off that medication.

More important than anything though, I'm gonna try to make a Mario romhack! I've had alot of practice since my terrible contest entry days, and I think I now have the ability to make something of okay ish quality. It's gonna be 100% vanilla until the levels and overworld are done, and if the gameplay is desirable I might insert custom music and graphics.

I will also be playing video games. Besides a couple dozen of PS2 titles and recent shmups, I stopped caring about modern stuff. Though I grew up with GC/GBA, Wii/DS. Now I want to play all from the 2D generations. Gonna buy all the video games for SNES, Genesis and Saturn, and emulate NES, Turbografx and PSX.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
kingmetaknight1

Post by kingmetaknight1 »

Frozelar wrote: And then I will buy a raocow and ditch my job and wife and house and money because it won't matter because I'll have a raocow the end thank for play.
You should plan people's futures for a living. Like, be a high school guidance counselor, or something. :D
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I just received my BSc in Biology the other day, and I'm starting my master's in molecular microbiology in September. In layman's terms, my research will involve the metabolism of volcanic bacteria from New Zealand (they produce hydrogen in large quantities, which can be harnessed as a biofuel). It's actually really fascinating stuff.

After that, who knows? Probably a PhD.
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

I'd like to finish my Linguistics degree. After that, I'm not really sure what I want to do; maybe I'll continue towards a master's or something. Or, I'd like to do translation or something, though I don't think I'm good enough in any other languages for that just yet.
In the really short term, I'd like to be able to add a location to my profile
ZAmusician

Post by ZAmusician »

I'm hoping to finish my bachelor's in mechanical engineering within the next two years and continue working the internship I have in the meantime, and then try to focus all of my attention on my band (see my sig) for a year or two after I graduate. If it doesn't work out, I have engineering to fall back on, which as far as I can tell I still enjoy. Win-win.

Gotta get through college first though... Baby steps.
I have a Pop-Rock band called Exit 11! Check out our stuff!
iTunes: http://bit.ly/DayByTheBay
Bandcamp: http://bit.ly/Exit11Bandcamp
Youtube: http://bit.ly/Exit11DBTB
Facebook: http://bit.ly/Exit11FB
freelop

Post by freelop »

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever