(shouting)

Submission Guidelines (READ FIRST)

The second SMBX collab!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Level Submission FAQ/Notes (Download Devkit Here)

Post by SAJewers »

Yes, because SMBX doesn't differentiate between the two. Collect either one and the same path will unlock.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Kil

Post by Kil »

Any idea why chrome thinks the devkit is malicious
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

Kil wrote:Any idea why chrome thinks the devkit is malicious
It dislikes LunaDLL. Which I'm quite sure is included in devkit.
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Kil wrote:Any idea why chrome thinks the devkit is malicious
I get this flag from the exe. I don't know if you can do anything about that.

Object: C:\Program Files (x86)\A2XT\Main Game\a2mbxt.exe
Infection: Win32:Malware-gen
Process: C:\Windows\explorer.EXE
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

my a2mbxt.exe was detected as malware and disappeared...
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

Mikkofier wrote:my a2mbxt.exe was detected as malware and disappeared...
Yeah most security things consider SMBX + LunaDLL malicious. But it's not actually malicious, it's safe.
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

I know, but my problem is that the .exe file is gone now.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Mikkofier wrote:I know, but my problem is that the .exe file is gone now.
Urgh... I've had this problem before. Had to be really quick and put the EXE file on a whitelist before Norton could delete it.

Seriously guys, if there is anyway we can fix this, we should. When the game gets released for real and somehow a copy that floats around on the Internet does get infected with malware, or what have you, then it'll really sour someone's experience of our product.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Using the installer bypasses these issues
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Anyone let me know if this is a bit out of line, but I have an interesting concept for a level (for Episode 2) which would work really well as a sort of extension to

Luna Tower, from ASMBXT

. It's very similar in a lot of ways, and has the potential to tie into it quite nicely.

I also have some experience in music composition, so was thinking of remixing the original song for it

. I'm aware, however, that
Kil is still around and such, so if there's anything you want to do with this, obviously this won't work.
I think I could give a similar experience, yet still have something new and fresh from this, and I think it would be awesome to make reference to the original, but would like to be sure this isn't crossing any lines before I start detailing the plan.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Hoeloe wrote:Anyone let me know if this is a bit out of line, but I have an interesting concept for a level (for Episode 2) which would work really well as a sort of extension to

Luna Tower, from ASMBXT

. It's very similar in a lot of ways, and has the potential to tie into it quite nicely.

I also have some experience in music composition, so was thinking of remixing the original song for it

Kil is still around and such, so if there's anything you want to do with this, obviously this won't work.
I think I could give a similar experience, yet still have something new and fresh from this, and I think it would be awesome to make reference to the original, but would like to be sure this isn't crossing any lines before I start detailing the plan.
Not sure why you picked this thread for this but have you seen this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUz9aNfKjbc

Luna Tower 2 was done a long time ago but I never bothered to submit it to anything because im so butthurt and cranky about collab rules. I'm not sure what your idea is, but you are free to do as you like. By the way the official story of LT is that it's a huge place made up of 13 tombs of princesses who represent the stages of civilization, if that's what you need to know.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

Kil wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:Anyone let me know if this is a bit out of line, but I have an interesting concept for a level (for Episode 2) which would work really well as a sort of extension to

Luna Tower, from ASMBXT

Not sure why you picked this thread for this but have you seen this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUz9aNfKjbc

Luna Tower 2 was done a long time ago but I never bothered to submit it to anything because im so butthurt and cranky about collab rules. I'm not sure what your idea is, but you are free to do as you like. By the way the official story of LT is that it's a huge place made up of 13 tombs of princesses who represent the stages of civilization, if that's what you need to know.
oh I remember this, would totally love to play it...
also whatever was in that broken link...
Image Image
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Kil wrote: Not sure why you picked this thread for this but have you seen this video
I was extremely tired and picked one that seemed relevant at the time.

I haven't seen the video before, but my idea is not actually in the tower, but somewhere else entirely

based on Dante's Inferno

, making reference to the character in the original. It does help to have some info on the concept behind the original, so thanks! I'll keep on with this and see what I can come out with.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Well. I'm officially volunteering to do stuff for A2XT Episode 2. How can I help? Or... are levels still being accepted, or... what? I'm not actually sure. I've never joined a Talkhaus collab, so...
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Kil

Post by Kil »

one thing you could do is test because there's like 100 levels and 3 testers
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

YelseyKing wrote:Well. I'm officially volunteering to do stuff for A2XT Episode 2. How can I help? Or... are levels still being accepted, or... what? I'm not actually sure. I've never joined a Talkhaus collab, so...
Here are a list of all the levels currently submitted: http://asmbxt.wikia.com/wiki/A2MBXT_Levels

There are more coming in all the time, but more testers are really needed to make sure all the levels are the best quality they can be. As Kil says, there are almost 100 levels and only (as far as I know) 3 testers. As you can probably guess, it's taking all of them a while to get through it all, and the ideal would be for every level to have at least some constructive feedback as early as possible, in order that they can all be fixed up incrementally.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Hoeloe wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Well. I'm officially volunteering to do stuff for A2XT Episode 2. How can I help? Or... are levels still being accepted, or... what? I'm not actually sure. I've never joined a Talkhaus collab, so...
Here are a list of all the levels currently submitted: http://asmbxt.wikia.com/wiki/A2MBXT_Levels

There are more coming in all the time, but more testers are really needed to make sure all the levels are the best quality they can be. As Kil says, there are almost 100 levels and only (as far as I know) 3 testers. As you can probably guess, it's taking all of them a while to get through it all, and the ideal would be for every level to have at least some constructive feedback as early as possible, in order that they can all be fixed up incrementally.
I think I found a profession. That means I gonna review the crap out of these. If that is ok.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Hoeloe wrote:

Well, I'm already going through A2XT, and I'm not sure how good a reviewer I am... but sure, I'll do some testing. I do love to complain, if nothing else, so you'll definitely hear it if I don't like something. :P

But, with over 100 stages, guess I'll have to wait for Episode 3 in order to make my own. Darn. I just hope Talkhaus knows how to count to 3, unlike Valve. (Bad joke, I know. I regret nothing.)
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

So I downloaded the devkit and I get an error when I run the exe. It says "Application failed to start because MSVCP110.ddl wasn't found. There is a file call ed msvcr110.dll and when I rename it it says "Procedure entry point ?_Syserror_map@std@@YAPBDH@Z couldn't be located in dynamic link library MSVCP110.dll". I don't know if anyone else has has this happen.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

...Oh.
I'm silly .-.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Narolas

Post by Narolas »

Hey guys.
I'm slowly working on an idea I have for episode 2, since my level for episode 1 was fairly liked.

The problem is, i've been doing this custom background, and i'll probably have a few custom music tracks (at least 2-3), and before I go too far into it, I'd like an idea of what is considered "too big" for a level/level folder filesize.
Any kind of reference point ?
Last edited by Narolas 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

SAJewers mentioned 10 MB as a limit to shoot for:
SAJewers wrote:Yeah, try to keep it under 10 MB. If you go over by a bit, we probably won't care.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Narolas wrote:Hey guys.
I'm slowly working on an idea I have for episode 2, since my level for episode 1 was fairly liked.

The problem is, i've doing this custom background, and i'll probably have a few custom music tracks (at least 2-3), and before I go too far into it, I'd like an idea of what is considered "too big" for a level/level folder filesize.
Any kind of reference point ?
You should be able to save some space by lowering the bitrate of the mp3 files. Music takes the largest amount of space in most levels.

128 or 192 kbps should be good. Also make sure all sounds that are used are sampled at 44.1 kHz.
Narolas

Post by Narolas »

Thanks a bunch, i'll try to keep it in that range then. and thanks for the music info, I was expecting it to be the biggest file sizes too, I should be able to hit a nice balance between sound quality and size.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Narolas wrote:Thanks a bunch, i'll try to keep it in that range then. and thanks for the music info, I was expecting it to be the biggest file sizes too, I should be able to hit a nice balance between sound quality and size.
There's been quite a few scientific studies that have shown that less than 5% of the population, possibly much less, can tell the difference between 192 kbps and anything better than it. There's no reason to go above 192 kbps. However, most people can tell the difference between 192 and 128 if they're listening on good gear, so I'd stick with 192 unless you're getting really big files.