(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: ./twitter-thread

Post by Ashan »

When it comes to the thing where men are wearing normal armor while women are completely exposed for the sake of showing off cleavage and/or "dat ass" there's basically 2 routes to fix this:

Dark Souls Method
Basically give females the same armor as the males.
This might actually not be the prime example because I think they might have changed some of the armor for females, but there's only one I think I vaguely remember. Regardless, by the time you're bundled up with a full armor set in that game your character could really be either gender and you'd have no idea.

Final Fantasy Method
Have the women wear exposing clothing except it doesn't really matter in terms of the universe they live in cause all the men are wearing clothing that shows off their entire body too.
freelop

Post by freelop »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Wall of text about mgs
Have you seen the design for the female sniper in MGS5?
But it's fine, she's in a desert
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Picochilla wrote:Ya know, i like Weekends and Dayoff's... but if you have no Buddys to play together Games goes that pretty boring :/
I agree. I'd really love to play games with other people more often but none of my friends are ever able to
I guess I should get more friends????
kingmetaknight1

Post by kingmetaknight1 »

Frozelar wrote:
Picochilla wrote:Ya know, i like Weekends and Dayoff's... but if you have no Buddys to play together Games goes that pretty boring :/
I agree. I'd really love to play games with other people more often but none of my friends are ever able to
I guess I should get more friends????
Yeah, at some point my number of instances of playing Super Smash Bros with friends changed from like twenty times a year to like twice a year to like never. Hooray for growing up! :D
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

WoT incoming
Horikawa Otane wrote:Image
(Oh, and if you're wondering how she responds... She doesn't. She just hands him the gun and moves on)
Okay, I'll give you this one
Horikawa Otane wrote:Second, the camera angles... Well, there's an AWFUL lot like these whenever a woman is on-screen.

You play as snake, a man, when the camera zooms on stuff like this is because snake is looking at them, snake finds Maryl attractive and he's focusing on it. It's seen as a character flaw, snake is usually calm and collected but he gets distracted by attractive women. He even straight up fumbles and can't respond when he first meets Mei Ling.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Third... Costume choices. Geez. Outside of the fact that literally every female character is fairly large breasted, just look at a couple of the more problematic costume moments...

(How male soldiers dress in Alaska)
(How female soldiers dress in Alaska. And yes, she was fighting outdoors in that)
Because snake wearing a skintight suit that contours to his body and shows off his abs isn't sexual at all.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Image
(Oh baby extended underwear discussions! But Horikawa - she was just getting changed in the bathroom!)
(how Snake gets changed)
Maryl gets changed almost the SAME WAY![yt_time time=5508]KlM79v9ddYs[/yt_time]
Fourth, dialogue. Kojima clearly has no idea how to write women. Whenever they're around, they talk about how they're a woman, how they can hide things in their vaginas (no kidding, this happened), and things like makeup, bras, etc. And it's just so obvious that a man wrote the dialogue that it's really painful.

Like you see the gun dialogue above? Kojima, to his limited credit on this issue, did try to subvert that later in MGS... But...

(Said no woman ever)
This is a literal statement. She had just said that she had used that kind of gun since she was 8, literally before she wore a bra.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Fifth, is the fact that almost every single female character, whenever she shows up, has one moment that sexualises her based on her breasts, vagina, or some other female feature. The male gaze is strong with this series going back at least as far as Metal Gear 2 with moments like this.

(also that bra moment above and plenty of others, but I'm running short on time before my piano recital)
(This seems like the same point as point 4, but okay.)
The characters are supposed to be human beings, when when a human wears clothes that is physically uncomfortable because it is to tight they say stuff. Snake complains about the Sneaking Suit being uncomfortable too.
screen.png
screen.png (41.77 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
Horikawa Otane wrote:And finally, and again I'm running out of time here so forgive the lack of screenshot evidence, almost every single woman in the game wants to get in Snake's pants almost immediately. I feel like at time I'm watching some awful harem anime. They barely know him and they IMMEDIATELY begin flirting. What the hell? This could go in "unrealistic female dialogue" too because almost every single 'flirt' could come before "said no woman ever." There's only been one exception so far and that's been the nuclear peace girl you talk to on your radio. She's actually pretty good. But I don't know if they'll add in flirting there too for no reason.
Snake is a living legend, these people have already heard stories about him. Anyway, Snake flirts with Maryl the second time they meet too, and he barely knows her.

It's only sexist if it's only doing stuff to one sex.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Ashan wrote:Final Fantasy Method
Have the women wear exposing clothing except it doesn't really matter in terms of the universe they live in cause all the men are wearing clothing that shows off their entire body too.
Now if only there were more characters like Jecht, Sabin and Barret
Horikawa Otane wrote:Kojima clearly has no idea how to write women. Whenever they're around, they talk about (...) how they can hide things in their vaginas (no kidding, this happened),
what
Snakebite969 wrote:
Unaniem wrote:Fansurvish, ey.
When you're not certain on whether or not your game is able to sell on it's own quality as a game, use boobs!
Good plan, let's incorporate this into a3mt
That way we can atract the monster girl crowd with Z-cup Demo and Iris
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

KobaBeach wrote:
Snakebite969 wrote:
Unaniem wrote:Fansurvish, ey.
When you're not certain on whether or not your game is able to sell on it's own quality as a game, use boobs!
Good plan, let's incorporate this into a3mt
That way we can atract the monster girl crowd with Z-cup Demo and Iris
Now I feel urged.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Dayum, this Luigi Death Stare is drivin' me crazy. AND I CAN'T BUY THE GAME TOMORROW RRRRRRGGGGGGGGH
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

BRITISH AC SOCKETS
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

Aposke wrote:BRITISH AC SOCKETS
Nowhere near as annoying as non-british AC sockets when you don't have the right adaptor.

Exam tomorrow. I should probably get to sleep, its 11pm.
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

Horikawa Otane wrote:...how they can hide things in their vaginas...
seems totally legit, guys hang their keys on their genitals all the time, you know
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Unaniem wrote:I'm a tree.
I just want you to know, that when I played through Chapter 1 I specifically went out of my way to murder each and every one those grinning bastards, even though they all exploded on me.

Thanks. Have a great day!
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

darkychao wrote:This is a literal statement. She had just said that she had used that kind of gun since she was 8, literally before she wore a bra.
And handled that gun every day since. Even if it's literally true, it's a very unlikely thing to jump to.
Horikawa Otane wrote:
Lunatic Quark wrote:seems totally legit, guys hang their keys on their genitals all the time, you know
Okay to be fair the actual line is "girls have more places to hide things" in reference to a data card. But it's pretty clear what she's referring to.
In real life, boobs are pretty much the best place to hide things, but then you can't have revealing clothes so it doesn't work as well in video games. I could go on about real life security procedures, but I doubt it's relevant to the MGS series which I know nothing about.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:In real life, boobs are pretty much the best place to hide things, but then you can't have revealing clothes so it doesn't work as well in video games. I could go on about real life security procedures, but I doubt it's relevant to the MGS series which I know nothing about.
Uhh no, the 'hiding things in cleavage' thing doesn't work nearly as well as people in the movies seem to think it does. Shit will fall out once you start moving at all. Especially if you go up or down stairs.

And if you're putting a card in there? That's likely laminated? Dude that'll just fall out.

Trust me, I tried this rather extensively growing up.
A lot of people can make that work, expectantly if the guards/officers are afraid of touching women due to sexually harassment laws or decency. Obviously, I don't know anything about that scene so you're likely right in this case.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:In real life, boobs are pretty much the best place to hide things, but then you can't have revealing clothes so it doesn't work as well in video games. I could go on about real life security procedures, but I doubt it's relevant to the MGS series which I know nothing about.
Uhh no, the 'hiding things in cleavage' thing doesn't work nearly as well as people in the movies seem to think it does. Shit will fall out once you start moving at all. Especially if you go up or down stairs.

And if you're putting a card in there? That's likely laminated? Dude that'll just fall out.

Trust me, I tried this rather extensively growing up.
It'd probably be easier and more comfortable than your suggested alternative.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

rena I broke your website
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

What a good start for page 400.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

And only eight days late.
Dan

Post by Dan »

seriously dont
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Wow. Good job actually.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Wow. That takes some doing
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i don't know what you're talking about
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Old shit anyway, bartle-senpai found out about this ages ago

e : also rena fixing this glitch seems to have broken the spoiler code, as a result fluffi-dono's posts are even more obnoxious than usual

devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

yeah no bbcode in them anymore until phpbb fixes their *£($%*£
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

happy 400th birthday raocow
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.