pge projectsmbx communitymario fan games galaxy

A Second Mario Thing: free alex

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: A Second Mario Thing: SNN and alex2's little baby

Postby raocow » 6 years ago

well, yeah, which I read AFTER the episode uploaded today was filmed.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 6 years ago

Nezumi's farm requires "normal" coins, not parrot coins. It was originally 99 coins but schnormanator was told it was a bit overdoing it, haha. It just serves as a deterrent, so that you use this level only if necessary since it's sort of "cheating"

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Postby jayScribble » 6 years ago

A literal "Beef Gate" for 50 coins is what the level creator intended to be in "Nezumi's Farm".

Also, a shame that "Dodge the Beefsteak!" didn't have everything in working order.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

Saturn Moriya

Postby Saturn Moriya » 6 years ago

Ducks and The Ground's Color Is Yellow are the highpoints of today.

Painting the Treehouse had some pretty good level design, but the item babysitting sections made it less okay. The gimmick is neat, but there's just a bit too much going back and forth.

Oh hey it's my level. I made that thing back when I had creativity nor any idea how to design anything. I'm all about the laid back rompy levels, and this one is too long. I don't even remember why I did the things I did, because it's been years. Also, no beefsteaks. I became a vegetarian since then anyways. Though dodging beefsteaks is kind of the vegetarian thing to do I guess. Also also, why did I have a dumb username. Also also also, ASMBXT did the same joke, but this happened first! Aaaaaaah!

I remember reading by deepay that the second half got too easy and was thrown together. My sprite placement wasn't very thoughtful, but I think they made it worse with the overabundance of charlie plant pots.

The entire level is about VIP references. The idea was to have a pretty standard level with some sort of infestation of VIP-ness. The first message is a raoquote from the dodge the beefsteak level, the final section is from Boon's Mansion, aaand I have no idea why it broke, because there's nothing of interest there. I've never had it break before.

The music is Starman, Cutman in the secret area, and the cloud portion was supposed to have SMW bowser music, but apparently someone decided that was wrong.

The secret path is a reference to the MissingNo level. That pipe to the left in that section leads to the treasure trove.

It's quite the clusterfuck. But there are more problems now than I originally put in there. Good times!

Your blood their blood serves the same!!

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 6 years ago

I quite like the painting gimmick.

Would like to see it expanded upon, even.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

worldpeace125

Postby worldpeace125 » 6 years ago

I didn't want to just watch levels displayed like fish market, which makes me feel not good. So I tried to combine the base rome with the overworld provided by yogui, and tried to fix the issue. I guess I managed to do it. Try this A2MT rom.

a2mt_ow.zip

Pretty sure the game play of this will be equivalent to the base rom. If some bug related with this occurs, maybe I can support.
I'm hoping that this is helpful in some way to players and those who contributed to A2MT.

raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

agie777 wrote:words
Ah man see because the parrot coins weren't working I didn't know if the vip1 room was supposed to be that, or if something messed up because it wasn't inserted fully or something!

Man, haha. The joys of playing something unfinished.
ImageImage

raocow

worldpeace125 wrote:I didn't want to just watch levels displayed like fish market, which makes me feel not good. So I tried to combine the base rome with the overworld provided by yogui, and tried to fix the issue. I guess I managed to do it. Try this A2MT rom.

a2mt_ow.zip

Pretty sure the game play of this will be equivalent to the base rom. If some bug related with this occurs, maybe I can support.
I'm hoping that this is helpful in some way to players and those who contributed to A2MT.
OH man!

Well, I'll definitely give it a try, and if anything breaks I can play the level in the 'fish market' for level display purposes.
ImageImage

went
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby went » 6 years ago

I'm just sad Mr. Cow didn't catch on the several An Unitled Story references in the painting level :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36F8D2LhIuI
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby Bwarch » 6 years ago

He DID play it four years ago, after all, fella.

raocow

Honestly yeah, at this point you guys remember a whole lot more about that run than I do!
ImageImage

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 6 years ago

worldpeace125 wrote:I didn't want to just watch levels displayed like fish market, which makes me feel not good.
Oh wow, it does look like a fish market

All it needs is old ladies yelling the price of their fish at the top of their lungs

EDIT: Also, the Kraken ghosts are adorable

Davybot

Postby Davybot » 6 years ago

Oh man, the second you said right right left right right I knew exactly what that was referencing. That was amazing. Good episode, yo!

MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Postby MonkeyShrapnel » 6 years ago

worldpeace125 wrote:I didn't want to just watch levels displayed like fish market, which makes me feel not good. So I tried to combine the base rome with the overworld provided by yogui, and tried to fix the issue. I guess I managed to do it. Try this A2MT rom.

a2mt_ow.zip

fish don't taste good dude

Seriously though, sounds cool! Nice work!
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)

Cup

Postby Cup » 6 years ago

Painting the Treehouse was really well executed. It did just enough to display the idea and the idea was the neat part so good job lobster.

limepie20

Postby limepie20 » 6 years ago

alex2 wrote:anyway, yeah that level was apparently inserted before the parrot coin saving system was added. Hence why it doesn't leave outlines why you collect them.
That's actually not the problem. I went through all the levels a few times to make sure all of them had the right coins after the system was put in place. I don't know how this level lost them, but my best guess is that the one in the rom had some problems or something and someone inserted and old version of the level into it without fixing the coins. Anyway the point is you shouldn't see anymore levels without the coins in!

a2mt_ow.zip

I just tried it out, and I only tested A Menagerie In Glass but the graphical issue was fixed in that. What exactly did you do? Did you actually go through all the levels and switch the ExGFX?

Icelink256

Postby Icelink256 » 6 years ago

limepie20 wrote:I just tried it out, and I only tested A Menagerie In Glass but the graphical issue was fixed in that. What exactly did you do? Did you actually go through all the levels and switch the ExGFX?
I claim that he spent over 9000 hours in a hex editor, bit-shifting everything! :lol:
Screw it, there's too much indie crap here. --Account Inactive

Grounder

alex2 wrote:
Icelink256 wrote:
limepie20 wrote:I just tried it out, and I only tested A Menagerie In Glass but the graphical issue was fixed in that. What exactly did you do? Did you actually go through all the levels and switch the ExGFX?
I claim that he spent over 9000 hours in a hex editor, bit-shifting everything! :lol:
it took him less than an hour

also go away nobody wants your old memes here
O RLY?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage

Grounder

alex2 wrote:
Grounder wrote:O RLY?
And now I've made you a hypocrite! :lol:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage

went

Postby went » 6 years ago

Bwarch wrote:He DID play it four years ago, after all, fella.
Jesus I feel so old.
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane

Cup

Postby Cup » 6 years ago

No one needs to make alex a hypocrite. It's a lifestyle he willingly chooses for himself.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 6 years ago

cool vip 1 hack u guys
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby Bwarch » 6 years ago

alex2 wrote:
Cup wrote:No one needs to make alex a hypocrite. It's a lifestyle he willingly chooses for himself.
yes thank you for your input cup
He's certainly not wrong in this case scenario.

------

ALSO DAT WIGGLER SPRITE REPLACEMENT.

DUCKS.

GUYS HOLY SHIT GUYS THE DUCKS. Whoever came up with that deserves a raise.

SnackJackSJ
*Pressing controller buttons and plucking guitar strings furiously*
First name: Adam

Postby SnackJackSJ » 6 years ago

I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with many of the sprite graphics changes. But hey, a lot of them are from ASMT so there's no shock there haha.
Whoa! Jack plays Mario Hacks?!
peace, love, and music

BeatBoxingBoo

Postby BeatBoxingBoo » 6 years ago

It's funny that raocow should say he thinks that SMW is better than SMBX for short rompy levels, cause I've always thought the opposite, which is why I prefer SMBX nowadays.
wrote: But I hate people for not being funny and trying to be funny.

Return to “let's play”