(shouting)

A Second Mario Thing: free alex

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: A Second Mario Thing: SNN and alex2's little baby

Post by ano0maly »

S.N.N. wrote:wow this thread is excellent superb
I liked the original version of the post better
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Horikawa Otane wrote: I think it's a bit different for a collab, but idk. For some reason the idea of people changing submitted levels and altering the works of the original creators, even if it makes it better, kinda feels weird to me. Though I totally understand why it's being done. I think I just prefer a "warts and all" approach I guess haha.
It is entirely different for a collab. In a collab environment you have playtesters and fellow collabers who play the level and tell you what sucks and needs to be changed because it sucks and needs to be changed.

For a contest it's based on an individual level so it's more about what the individual can do alone really and you were right to try and keep things beatable but as close to what the creator created as possible in MaGL X, but nobody wants to see a bad level in a collab hack.

That being said anybody who has actually worked in the Talkhaus collabs feel free to correct me on this, this is just casual observation from somebody who doesn't visit the collab subforums all that often.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

ITT you're wrong so I'm automatically right
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

ano0maly wrote:
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:It would be really great if you drop the animosity
Image Image
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

MrDeePay wrote:honey
MrDeePay wrote:dear
It's like I'm really listening to my Prime Minister!
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Then again, it's probably too soon to expect class out of this forum. Haha~ that's not why people come here.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Eathanu

Post by Eathanu »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Anyway, I'm not kidding rena. I'd really appreciate this feature as I'd really like to not see DeePay in any context ever again.
Basically a script to do this would have to check the name in the quote box or something and if it matches something on your foes list then ignore everything in the quote. It's a solvable software problem, but likely not one that's compatible with the forum software.
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

Horikawa Otane wrote: rena can you make it so forum foes don't appear in quotes without a special click as it is currently with posts?
Anyway, I'm not kidding rena. I'd really appreciate this feature as I'd really like to not see DeePay in any context ever again.
See how pointless forum user blocking is? Nobody can run away from their problems forever.
I don't know if you can read this Mr. Deepay or what. But seriously - check your tone.
I'll go easy when you people stop turning everything into personal matters.
The reason virtually everyone jumps on you all the time is pretty much exclusively due to that. Also it isn't ad hominum if I'm identifying specific actions you take that make me dislike you. For example, your nasty tone. I'm not saying "ur a dummie" or something like that - I'm pointing out particular actions and tones that you use that I dislike about you. Whether it's never verbally recognising the work that went into MaGL X and instead just raining on everyone's parade constantly,
- I couldn't care less if you like me or not.
- None of which is contributing to this topic in any meaningful way.
saying things in what must be one of the nastiest ways possible (you call it 'harsh' - that's fine too. There's still no reason for it to be presented in such a manner), etc.
You must be unfamiliar with what could truly qualify as "nasty". "Harsh" and "Nasty" are two completely different beasts.
I suppose it's vaguely 'ad hominum' in that it's a personal attack against you in particular, but... That's my whole argument. You can't really avoid ad hominum of a sort if the argument you're presenting is "here is why I can't stand to be around you."
Yet you come into this topic just to talk shit about someone you "foe'd" (which obviously didn't work out very well for you if you're still talking about them anyway). Try attacking points, not character this time.

Doctor Shemp wrote:
MrDeePay wrote:honey
MrDeePay wrote:dear
It's like I'm really listening to my Prime Minister!
Are you shempalicious?
Icelink256

Post by Icelink256 »

Ooh! A Kirby Super Star Saga treasure system in SMW?! That's really neat! :D

...I may borrow that kind of idea for my fan-game thing. >.>
Even though it'll only have like, six mario themed levels! XD

(Grassland, Underground, Underwater, Ghost House, Athletic, and Castle)
...and four "gimmick" bonus levels that I'm not showing yet! ;)
(With the exception of that La Mulana inspired, adventure level.)
:catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2:
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Okay, I'm not touching the rest of this argument with a ten-foot pole, but this has been bugging me.
MrDeePay wrote:You must be unfamiliar with what could truly qualify as "nasty". "Harsh" and "Nasty" are two completely different beasts.
You used that same argument back in the MaGL X thread, and probably in several threads prior to that.
Putting aside the fact that it's downright stupidly nitpicky, that argument is basically "Hey, at least I'm not spamming your inbox with death threats or something!"
How, exactly, does that make what you actually do okay?
(And don't say anything about how literally everybody else on the internet gets offended way too easily, we've all heard it before and if you offend people just about any time you post something that'd normally be a pretty obvious sign that you're doing something wrong.)
(Also don't say anything about how you don't care if people like you or not, we've heard that one before too and if you want people to actually listen to what you have to say you have a vested interest in not having everybody hate you.)

(And yes, I know this time you were being relatively non-inflammatory and Horikawa assumed you were being a dick, but that's this time, not last time and considering your track record probably not the next time.)
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Mrdeepay is honestly not as harsh as everyone says he is. People just prefer cuddly fuzzy criticisms, Deepay's style is exactly what the majority of this forum is not accustomed to.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

AUS wrote:Mrdeepay is honestly not as harsh as everyone says he is. People just prefer cuddly fuzzy criticisms, Deepay's style is exactly what the majority of this forum is not accustomed to.
Swirlybomb is a way better harsh critic just sayian stays objective and doesnt into personal attack :^)
Image Image
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

This thread is butt. I like butts.
Doctor Shemp wrote:In regards to what raocow said in the video, I don't think that adding a timer to Smouldering Stones would have helped since you'd need to take your eyes off the gameplay to watch the timer. It probably would have made the level worse. A visual cue would be the best option but also very technically difficult.
There was a timer. Not visual, but audio. When you stay on the ground for too long, it make a rumbling sound shortly before you die.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

yogui wrote:This thread is butt. I like butts.
Doctor Shemp wrote:In regards to what raocow said in the video, I don't think that adding a timer to Smouldering Stones would have helped since you'd need to take your eyes off the gameplay to watch the timer. It probably would have made the level worse. A visual cue would be the best option but also very technically difficult.
There was a timer. Not visual, but audio. When you stay on the ground for too long, it make a rumbling sound shortly before you die.
Really? Well then that's all fine. I guess it's kind of hard to hear if you're talking all the time but that's on raocow!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

MrDeePay wrote:See how pointless forum user blocking is? Nobody can run away from their problems forever.
It's still useful for marking specific users so you remember who they are. (Especially if you're someone who doesn't pay a ton of attention to who's making a post.)
AUS wrote:Mrdeepay is honestly not as harsh as everyone says he is. People just prefer cuddly fuzzy criticisms, Deepay's style is exactly what the majority of this forum is not accustomed to.
It's exactly the sort of criticism that the vast majority of people have zero interest in. It comes across as purely negative and quite condescending the majority of the time and, as far as I've seen both here and on SMWC, completely ignores any positive points. Then on top of that when he receives any criticism himself for this method he writes it off as irrelevant and people being offended. Which only makes people listen even less to him. He can't just give overly harsh criticism then flat out ignore any criticism of his methods.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Oh boy again I wake up to stupid bullshit. You guys are fucking hopeless.

Next time someone washes their dirty laundry in public gets a good vacation out of the talkhaus. This is especially true for alex, mrdeepay, and horikawa, you guys have been warned multiple times by now. Nobody wants to see posts like the two last pages. Either use PMs or IGNORE IT.

Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

Here are some cats to make everybody happy again:
Now stop fighting forever and enjoy the LP <3

EDIT: Some puppies for those who prefer them over cats:
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I'd like to apologize to you, anonymousbl00dlust, for being personally attacked for trying to contribute to a2mt. I, for one, am very eager to see your level played.
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Alright time to read up on the a2mt'ooooooooh my gosh it's anonymousbl00dlust. Alright we'll just have that encounter behind us then- oh hey it's extra spicy deepay drama, just what we all needed! I have to say, 14 pages for 2 video's is quite an accomplishent.

Just one suggestion: can we JUST be respectful and constructive? I mean that shouldn't be so hard to do, right?

...riiiiight?

(rabbits are underrated)

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

I feel kind of guilty for ignoring the project after my level was rejecting by the new guy in charge after seeing it in this state.

What the hell happened to the overworld being in space anyway
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Neat looking levels today. Removing the run ability was unneccesary though as it makes the level so slow to play.

Pygmy Goats are where it's at
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Cute level ASH AND MARILL

Also was condortalon seriously leader at some point???

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Both levels today were neat looking. The first one was very uncomfortable to watch. Do the treasure values have any function?
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

The second level actually wasn't too bad at all (in terms of being a Tails_155 level .. the decor actually looked pretty neat), but that first level was eugh. You can just tell that the gimmick was slapped on as an afterthought for the sake of making it slightly non-vanilla.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Cute level ASH AND MARILL

Also was condortalon seriously leader at some point???
I might be wrong on the person. there were a lot of people with different jobs and sub-jobs and it was all a long time ago, so, uhm, yes. But that situation happened, I remember this. It's not the level author's fault this time.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage