(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by YelseyKing »

Ashan wrote:These cloister of trials are kinda stupid. Like, they're not impossible, but there doesn't seem to be any consistent strategy to figuring out how to progress other than "put balls in different places until it works". I don't even know how I solved that last one really. At one point I managed to find the right combination of balls which caused a door to open and then you just put the other 2 balls on the pillar and push it into the lightning so it will hover because reasons??? I haven't used a guide so far but jeez, these things are getting cryptic and it's not like when I find a solution I go "oh, I get it!" It's more like, "oh, okay. I guess that works."
Just remember to get the Destruction Sphere treasure chest in each cloister, even though they're usually mediocre, or arbitrarily, you won't be able to get a secret Aeon later on. Fortunately, by the time the Aeon becomes available, you can reach all the temples again and get any chests you may have missed (except one, but the chest is given to you automatically there).

... unless you're playing the European, International, or HD versions... then... well...
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I'm playing the HD version.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Ashan wrote:I'm playing the HD version.
That's what I figured. Well...
All versions after the original American PS2 release added a series of optional superbosses, the Dark Aeons (appropriately enough, dark palette swaps of the various Aeons). I've not played any version that contains them, but I've read that these things are viciously, almost impossibly difficult. And many of them are positioned in *the* worst possible places, effectively restricting access to certain former locations until they're defeated. Dark Valefor, for instance, apparently ambushes you en route to Besaid Village, Dark Shiva blocks access to Macalania Temple, and Dark Bahamut can prevent you from getting one of the items needed to power up an ultimate weapon if you don't get it ASAP... and it's completely hidden in a place you really wouldn't think to explore, and is such easily missed.

But, maybe they changed all this in the HD remix, though; I'm not sure what, if anything, *was* changed for that release.

Moists:

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I'm playing Terraria with 2 friends... just defeated Brain of Chuthulhu or something 5 times... in a row... in one night... and got 3 Crimson Armours.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

guys please play the surreal free indie rpgs Middens and Gingiva they are really good especially the first one
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Just finished Megaman and Bass... that final sequence was rough. King's Tank was easy enough, since you can just stay below it to avoid all damage. King's Jet was tougher, but I only died a few times to it. King himself took me a couple tries... it's mostly annoying how you have to go through the whole "dodge the X" sequence and then the Protoman cutscene again if you die... but it's not too tough. King's Combo Mech is just sad. As big as it was, you'd think it'd be tough... but I managed to beat it without taking a single hit.

The refight stage was annoying, mostly due to those vanishing blocks right after Coldman. I lost most of my lives there to that blasted section. The refights themselves weren't especially difficult (except Burnerman... I *hate* Burnerman), and Wily wasn't too bad. Died once to the capsule, but otherwise it wasn't a very difficult fight. Admittedly, watching Bean's videos of the bosses just before fighting them helped tremendously.

Still, that was fun. I do so love Megaman and Bass. Since I have no current means of playing Megaman 9 and 10, I declare the classic series finished. Next up, Xty years into the future to join our reluctant reploid and his bishounen best friend. Yes, it's time for Megaman X Collection. Though I may play a less stressful game in between. Haven't decided what yet.

Moists:

KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

YelseyKing wrote:Next up, Xty years into the future to join our reluctant reploid and his bishounen best friend. Yes, it's time for Megaman X Collection.
Good luck with X6.

You'll need it.

Here's a guide to getting all the Reploids, btw~
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Started playing Terraria again. Before now I haven't played it in... I'd say several months, but that's only a rough guess. Experiencing the new content since the big 1.2 update has been fun. Apparently (according to the Wiki and a video I watched) Redigit is gonna continue working on Terraria until 1.3 is released, which should be a fairly large update. After that, Red is gonna start focusing on developing Terraria 2, which I heard is gonna basically be Terraria but in 3D? Hopefully it doesn't resemble Minecraft too much, although it seems like a pretty neat idea to me. And I'd say that at this point Terraria has enough content in it that it's hardly comparable to Minecraft anymore. Anyways, apparently even though Redigit isn't really gonna work on Terraria after 1.3, some other devs are still gonna be working on updating it. At least according to the wiki and what I've heard.

In other news, hearing about the continuing development of Star Wars Battlefront 3 and the possible debut of it at E3 have gotten me very excited and playing Battlefront 2 again. Very fun stuff.

On YouTube, I've been playing The Dungeoning, which is a rogue-like platformer, and Desktop Dungeons, which is a rogue-like top-down strategic pile of fun. I'm also considering starting up Argumentable's Another ROM Hack again, after quite a long hiatus.
EDIT: I didn't realize how shameless self-advertise-ish that sounded. Man, sorry! :|
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Frozelar wrote:After that, Red is gonna start focusing on developing Terraria 2, which I heard is gonna basically be Terraria but in 3D?
Where'd you hear it was going to be 3d?
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

KobaBeach wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Next up, Xty years into the future to join our reluctant reploid and his bishounen best friend. Yes, it's time for Megaman X Collection.
Good luck with X6.

You'll need it.

Here's a guide to getting all the Reploids, btw~
Thanks. I won't be getting to X6 for a while, but I'll take all the help I can get! I did a little reading up on these guys, and... hoo boy. This sounds... fun. That reset button's gonna get a workout, I tells you.

Also, would anyone happen to know where I could find lists of the item locations from X4-X6? There are good FAQs (all by the same person) detailing such for X1-X3, but not for the latter three.

Moists:

Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx4/items.shtml You can find the other guides on that website too.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Fluffi-dono wrote:http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx4/items.shtml You can find the other guides on that website too.
Exactly what I needed. Thank you kindly, sir. :)

Moists:

Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

YelseyKing wrote:
Fluffi-dono wrote:http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx4/items.shtml You can find the other guides on that website too.
Exactly what I needed. Thank you kindly, sir. :)
No problem, the only problem is that there are no guides for bosses, only the weaknesses... (BTW Zero is way harder than X. I still prefer him over X though.)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I guess I'll start up Castlevania: Mirror of Fate on the 3DS because I'm not up for an RPG yet. In my head, I'm already thinking that I'm passing up Chrono Trigger for what has a chance to be my least favorite 3DS game to date. Sounds silly when you put it like that.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Still going through Etrian Odyssey, made it to B20F. Trying to properly fight Iwaoplen is suffering.

I've also revisited Lumines II after not playing it in a couple years. Trying to three lap all of the challenge modes again is probably going to be the biggest challenge to 100%ing collecting everything, but I did it once when I was... what? 13ish? I should be able to do it again now.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

So, I started the East Dungeon quest on RomaSaGa 2.
That quest has a chance of making you fight Dantarg, one of the Seven Heroes.

Guess what happened?

DANTARG FORM 2
24999 HP
HAS A SHITTON OF HIGH DAMAGE ATTACKS
THANK YOU GOD OF LEVEL SCALING THIS IS ALL I EVER WANTED [/SARCASM]

(hoo boy, this is gonna take a while...)

At least it's not like RomaSaGa 1, which throws an Ifrit (a fire enemy whose attacks deal ~700 HP damage, the max HP for a character being 999) as a boss in one of the end game quests, and the place where you fight him has no enemies, and if you try to leave the area he's at, you fail the quest.

In this case, there are enemies to fight, to help prepare yourself for Dantarg, and I don't think you can fail the quest unless you change emperor (let a generation pass or get a game over), so...

EDIT: Changed Emperor through game over, quest is still going and Dantarg isn't there. Thank heavens.
Image Image
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I'm having so much trouble trying to use Rikku in FFX. I've managed to at least level her to a point where she doesn't die in one hit to every enemy, but I still don't find her abilities useful enough to bother using her in battles. I feel like I'm missing out by not using her though, so I think I'm just doing something wrong cause she feels really useless right now.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

I recently binged through Triple Deluxe, and I was a bit harsh on the game on another forum so I figured I'd give it a more positive take here.

Pretty fun overall, but a bit gimmicky at times and it felt like some parts dragged on a bit too long.
In particular, the Hypernova segments and the overdose of "game in review" in the endgame. Also didn't like how they shoved most of the plot into the final two levels, it would've helped to spread the flower people further throughout the game and made them the collectibles instead of the Sunstones, like the bird dudes in Wario Land SI. The new music was awesome and I loved the way HAL reused some music from Return and Smash Bros. The Masked DeDeDe and Dark Meta Knight battles were nice touches, and the keychains are pretty cool, but after the ridiculous amount of fan service in Mass Attack and the anniversary collection... well, they're just tough acts to follow.
Also whoa wait what there's a Terraria 2 in the works? Dangit, I haven't even played that much of Starbound yet...
Last edited by Rixithechao 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Terraria 2? Another game on my "totally gonna buy" list. Just like Binding of Isaac Rebirth and Smash Bros WiiU.
Alice

Post by Alice »

I replayed most of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on hard mode yesterday. Still one of my top two favorite Castlevania games. Though I will pass on ever beating it on hard mode lvl 1 again. That was an absolute nightmare.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Alice wrote:I replayed most of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on hard mode yesterday. Still one of my top two favorite Castlevania games. Though I will pass on ever beating it on hard mode lvl 1 again. That was an absolute nightmare.
I was so good at the Lv. 1 Run... till that guy in Dracula's castle with the shadow...
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Romancing SaGa 2

Hive Queen boss

hate hate hate hate hate hate
Image Image
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Ooof. I forgot how brutal the final bosses in Megaman X games can be. I got through all the Sigma stages, no problem. Had to use a few sub tanks (I *hate* that spider boss), but really, it wasn't that hard. Then came the final battle... my god. Three phases... erf. And the final phase is... ... well, I got my ass handed to me. I'll give it another shot later, but one mistake I made was stocking up on lives. Dying a lot wasn't really a problem in the first three stages, and there are no checkpoints to lose in the last one, so having fewer lives just allows me to get out of the final stage and refill my sub tanks for another shot a lot quicker. I think my big problem is that I can't reliably dash, and can't seem to figure out how to both hold a charge shot and dash at the same time. Gotta practice that, since I figure it'll be invaluable in later games.

Also, I've been doing a lot of reading on the later games in the series, and I've come to the conclusion that X5 makes absolutely no sense to me on paper. I'll probably understand it more when I actually try the game, but as of now... ahahaha, what? :P
KobaBeach wrote:Romancing SaGa 2

Hive Queen boss

Hah. The SaGa series is concentrated hatred vacuum sealed into a cartridge/CD. :P

Moists:

KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

YelseyKing wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:Romancing SaGa 2

Hive Queen boss

Hah. The SaGa series is concentrated hatred vacuum sealed into a cartridge/CD. :P
RomaSaGa 2 and Unlimited seem to be the most painful from what I've seen/heard

I haven't played RomaSaGa 3, Frontier 2 or Unlimited yet though

At least with RS1, you can opt out of some quests (like that one with the Ifrit boss with an attack that deals 700+ HP damage, all the while the HP cap is 999) (I say this because I have this thing where I hate leaving sidequests and stuff in a game unfinished, I'm weird like that)
Last edited by KobaBeach 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Alice

Post by Alice »

Fluffi-dono wrote:
Alice wrote:I replayed most of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on hard mode yesterday. Still one of my top two favorite Castlevania games. Though I will pass on ever beating it on hard mode lvl 1 again. That was an absolute nightmare.
I was so good at the Lv. 1 Run... till that guy in Dracula's castle with the shadow...
Blackwell or Blackmoore, I forget which. He's absurdly difficult to get the medal for on hard mode no matter your level too. Beating him is easy enough even on hard at levels 40+ but doing it at any level can be really difficult without taking at least one hit on hard mode.