(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by KobaBeach »

So yeah~

Beat the Gelatinous Matter boss, did the whole River Fortress quest (and also did the Thieves Guild quest too) and changed generations in Romancing SaGa 2.

I'm currently doing the Gem Mines quest over at Tifarl. I'm in the year 1126.

My current team is:
Sidhe (Free Fighter ♀)
Walrus (Heavy Infantry)
Orion (Free Fighter ♂)
Jessica (Light Infantry ♀)
Sagitarius (Court Mage ♂)

Oh and last time I decided to fight Diablos on FF8 because eh
It didn't end well

(but Quistis was pretty close to beating him tho!!!)
(she's so cool)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

I still need to get to the SaGa games. I started Final Fantasy Legend once. Something distracted me from it quickly.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

After beating the sequel, I decided to go back and play the original NES Remix more. I'm getting there, but the roster is lacking in comparison to the other one.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:I still need to get to the SaGa games. I started Final Fantasy Legend once. Something distracted me from it quickly.
Good starting points are Final Fantasy Legend 2, Romancing SaGa 3 and SaGa Frontier 1.

Do not play Unlimited Saga until you're done with everything else.
Unlimited is very weird from what I heard, it's a love it or hate it game.

Also, FFL3 is very different from the rest of the series. It's more similar to Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, really (same development team). The DS remake makes it play similar to the other games.

FFL1-3, Frontier 1&2 and Unlimited are in English.
RomaSaGa 1 has a remake on the PS2, which got released in North America.
RomaSaGa 3, the WSC remake of FFL1 and the DS remakes of FFL2&3 have translation patches.

RomaSaGa 2 is stuck in Japanese. Aeon Genesis is working on a translation patch, but there hasn't been any progress for a few years now. There is a pretty good walkthrough on GameFAQs, however.

There's also Emperor's SaGa, but it's a Social RPG on iOS, so who gives a shit?
Image Image
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I played super punch out for snes til I reached the world circuit.

I'm now playing super scribblenauts using a lua script to allow me to type instead of having to input the things by hand.... so much faster.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

So, having completed the first two Megaman games on Wily Wars, and up to the Doc Robot stages on the third... It's kind of interesting what they did with the game.

First off, I love the redesigned stage graphics. In some cases, they even changed the feel of the stage, such as making Cutman's stage feel more like a military base rather than just... whatever it was in the NES version. The music...? Eh. It's Genesis stuff. Never been a fan. It's not terrible, but I like the NES stuff better.

I'm finding it interesting how the game is easier in some aspects, and harder in others. Like, the Yellow Devil in the first game appears to be much slower, given how I was able to dodge almost every one of its "split across the screen" attacks, which I could not do in the original. Also, the spikes were more standardized, meaning they don't instantly kill you even with mercy invincibility active. The Big Eyes also seem easier to dodge.

But yet, by locking Megaman 2 in the original "Difficult" mode, it, obviously, makes that game that much harder... but not completely. Despite that Quickman only takes 1 damage from the Mega Buster, he seems to move somewhat slower, and is therefore easier to dodge. I also had less trouble than usual with the force beams.

One downside about Wily Wars is that for some reason, it's just plagued by slowdown when a lot is going on. It's most noticeable when fighting Woodman, when he uses Leaf Shield and the four leaves are falling, as well as when riding the platforms in Crashman's stage and Wily Stage 4, using Leaf Shield, while Tellies are on screen. The fight with Geminiman also seems to lag if there's a Gemini Laser on screen. There also seems to be a small but noticeable bit of lag between when you press the menu button and when the menu actually opens, and it's much pickier than the NES version about "you must not have even the slightest trace of a projectile left on screen before you can even open the menu", which has led to a few cheap deaths in which I simply wasn't able to open the menu to use an E-Tank fast enough.

On the whole, though, the game is a lot of fun and a nice overall upgrade, and I'm looking forward to Wily Tower. Damn shame this game never saw a physical release in the US, as it'd definitely have been on my radar... if I had a Genesis as a kid, anyhow.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

So I finished the Dawn/Dusk Towers in Pandora's Tower, and PLOT TWIST that no one totally saw coming. Image

Well, Centrum and then I think I've beaten it. Been a damn good game, loading glitch with Dusk/Dawn notwithstanding. =D
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I have one last thing to do in NES Remix before I count it as beaten, and that's this huge grab the Super Mushroom gauntlet they put in at the very end. 44 stages, six hearts. I wound up messing up on the 43rd stage just now. Whoops.

Edit: And it's over. Yeesh. Those last few parts to that final goal are not easy.
Last edited by Bean 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Completed SoTN with Alucard, one of the most fun games I've played in a while.

Playing with Richter however, is a tad tedious so I think I'll skip on that.

I'm also about to complete 3D World where I just need to beat a few more worlds with Rosalina which shouldn't take long.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I played Heroes of a Broken Land yesterday. It's definitely interesting. I feel like for the purposes of the world map the old style graphics are a detriment though and the UI feels a bit clunky. Took me awhile to figure out how to even equip items. The world map needs a zoom in/out ability because on larger worlds getting lost is absurdly easy. There's a world map but there's no legend for said map so you can't really tell what's going on in it. Also after awhile the sheer volume of enemies trying to take out your town is absolutely freaking absurd. When I quit the game last night I had four parties guarding my town and it was just getting tedious because at minimum two of those parties had to battle every single turn.

The dungeon crawling though works really well and other than some odd graphical glitches (some places where walls don't appear to line up perfectly with the next tile and some other areas, usually door transitions, which appear to have UV problems or something) looks good despite the fact the game is just upscaled 640x480 graphics.

Also it seems like you can have multiple towns but I wouldn't even begin to know how to get another. There's a screen in the encyclopedia page which seems to only list towns as well as there being an icon on the left of the world map UI (it being the only icon there when there's room for quite a few more) for your town.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Did the Cumberland Civil War and the Pirates of North Randit quests on RS2.

In the Cumberland quest, I chose Toma (Thomas?) to be the successor.
In the Pirates quest, I cleaned out the monsters invading the mines in exchange for getting a lift on a cargo ship and struck a truce with the captain of the Pirates.

My characters all had low LP (RIP in peace Jessica :cry: :cry: :cry:), so thank heavens for the Generation change.

I'm at year 1177 now. For the successor to the throne I chose Dynamite, a Monk.

Now I have a blond martial artist running the empire of Avalon. Guess now I'll know what would happen if Sabin ran Figaro instead of Edgar. (also damn his LP is high like bananas)

EDIT: Oh, and I also agreed to build the University of Avalon.
Now if I could get the chancellor to ask me for approval on building the Magic Research Center...
Image Image
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Just completed Wily Wars. I already talked about my impressions of the 1-3 remakes, so I'll instead focus on Wily Tower. Honestly, it was really fun, if short, and really, pretty easy. I liked that you had the option to select eight weapons and three utility items from MM1-3, which can have quite an impact on your overall strategy there. The biggest -- and that's to be taken quite literally -- overall surprise for me was, though, had to be Hyper Storm H. My gods, he's gigantic; at least the size of a Megaman X boss! And *two* life bars? Madness! But despite his size and extra health, he went down pretty fast and had easy to read and avoid attacks, so... I guess "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" kinda works.

Now, I shall continue the May of Megaman with my favorite entry in the classic series, Megaman and Bass. SNES version, with fan translation, as it's just... better than the GBA version, seriously.

(Edit: Oh hey, first post of the 100th page of this thread. Go me. Or something.)

Moists:

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Kid Icarus Uprising's stage 8 sure was something.

Significantly longer than previous stages (or at least it felt like it), the space pirate enemies are super hard to avoid, there's at least one instance where you take an elevator and then two ambush you from either side that you CANNOT see coming (one in 'front', one behind that can't be seen until he's already hit you), narrow pathways with touchy 'dash' controls making it easy to fall off and lose a big chunk of health... and 'best' of all, one enemy near the end that just smashes you immediately and repeatedly with a big spikey smasher that probably offers you ONE frame of it being visible before you're hit, continues to deal huge damage to you while you're on the ground trying to get up, and even when I "knew" it's coming, I still can't avoid it whatsover. Radical.

Unsurprisingly, this resulted in my first death so far, and WOW the hearts cauldron/Intensity is unforgiving; I thought a death would just cost you a portion of your hearts and lower the Intensity by a small amount, but actually it spilled out half my hearts and Intensity dropped by more than 1. Okay.

So that wasn't a fun experience in the slightest.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Some things about Kid Icarus:

1st: You'll lose MANY hearts if you die. So don't feel forced to play on 9.0 nonstop. I usually play with 5.0-6.0 difficulty.

2nd: The Space Pirate Ship level is one of the longest...
CAREFUL, MAYOR SPOILERS AHEAD, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT
So, you're currently at Chapter 8? What will your reaction be when I tell you that there are 25 Chapters? (IMO Chapter 19 is the longest.)
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Eila

Post by Eila »

Now that I finally finished downloading it, Wolfenstein is pretty good. So far though, it's not 'bad' or anything, but it is giving me vibes of that mediocre Blacksite: Area 51.

Course, I have only done like 4 levels so far, but that is what I have taken from it up until now. It just so heavily reminds me of Blacksite which was okay but nothing special. Even unfinished in some parts.

Plenty more to come from it though, so I look forward t it.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

I am making levels for a rythm game called Soundodger+
and getting my backside handed by the last 2 levels of Copy Kitty in hardmode
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I popped in Nintendo Land after a long break from it. My Mii changed so the stats were rest, not that it matters. I had three games left to beat on that before I finished all nine of the ones that had goals. Did Captain Falcon's Twister Race last night, but I still have DK's Crash Course and that Takamaru's Ninja Castle one to complete to count it as done.

I have to say, this game is kind of underrated by people... probably because of the horrid E3 presentation that one year, but the game itself is very diverse in its games and shows off some cool tricks with the Gamepad that very few titles have on the system.
Last edited by Bean 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer

Post by Euparkeria »

Just cleared Wily stage 2 in MM: Day in the Limelight 2. Holy poo the boss was intense! But for the right reasons. Okay, it was long, but incredibly satisfying to beat! I used Metal Man for precise shooting for the fight until the last move, when I switched to Crash Man to make sure I hit the eye, as it appears in every four corners. I only aimed at one corner, as the long explosion of Crash Bomber made sure the eye would have to get hurt at some point when it appears in that corner. I didn't use a single Energy Tank.

Luckily I don't remember how Rao fought the boss. It wouldn't feel as great if I remembered what works best.
Cool banner by Neutron Star!
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

All right. Megaman and Bass update. I have 9 lives, full energy for every weapon, all the buyable powerups, and all 100 CDs. I think I'm ready to take on King.

I'm *totally* sure Dr. Wily isn't behind *this* one, too.

Also, I'll be dealing with the final stages as Megaman, and won't be bothering with Bass. For all the latter's mobility advantages, Megaman is much stronger, and the final battles are actually altered to screw with Bass anyhow.

Regardless, wish me luck. I'll... need it.

Moists:

Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Making some progress is FFX.
Currently at
the third(?) temple place. I think it's the third anyway, I don't remember. It's the one where a giant rock explodes and there's a bunch of rocks floating around the entrance being held up by lightning.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

YelseyKing wrote:All right. Megaman and Bass update. I have 9 lives, full energy for every weapon, all the buyable powerups, and all 100 CDs. I think I'm ready to take on King.

I'm *totally* sure Dr. Wily isn't behind *this* one, too.

Also, I'll be dealing with the final stages as Megaman, and won't be bothering with Bass. For all the latter's mobility advantages, Megaman is much stronger, and the final battles are actually altered to screw with Bass anyhow.

Regardless, wish me luck. I'll... need it.
Haha, I completed a 100% with Bass. It's really kinda the hardmode. That game also had my hardest Megaman Boss fight.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Good luck to Yelsey, pretty sure that's Djose Temple for Ashan, and glad Euparkeria is enjoying Day in the Limelight 2. That one was a lot of fun.

Since I have my own 3DS now, I've been doing Streetpassing with my bro's 3DS a couple of times a day to play that Find Mii game on Streetpass Mii Plaza. I won't count it as a real game beaten, but I am going through it a second time to open up the version of it that has branching paths. On the final battle of that now.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Yay finally finished both stories of Senra Kagura Burst and almost finished Sayonara Umihara Kawase (only one ending left in challenge mode).
So I'm gonna start a new DS/3DS game (I dunno why but I prefer playing games on my DS/3DS than on console/PC). There's lot of 3DS games I want to buy (Kirby, Ace attorney vs Layton, AA5, Etrian Odyssey Untold) but I think I will start 999. After all it's been one year since I've bought it along with Virtue's Last Reward and I haven't played it yet lol.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

I've been playing through Tokyo Jungle, doing the animal challenges to unlock the other animals. Currently working my way through the carnivore section, just over half way done. I want to get to the dinosaurs damnit! I'll end up doing the herbivores after. Look forward to the ostrich in that.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

These cloister of trials are kinda stupid. Like, they're not impossible, but there doesn't seem to be any consistent strategy to figuring out how to progress other than "put balls in different places until it works". I don't even know how I solved that last one really. At one point I managed to find the right combination of balls which caused a door to open and then you just put the other 2 balls on the pillar and push it into the lightning so it will hover because reasons??? I haven't used a guide so far but jeez, these things are getting cryptic and it's not like when I find a solution I go "oh, I get it!" It's more like, "oh, okay. I guess that works."