(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Alice »

swirlybomb wrote:
Alice wrote:
swirlybomb wrote:SA-X
The third phase if I recall requires a bit of active dodging compared to the second though. It's bigger, doesn't jump as high I believe, and doesn't jump quite as far so you can't stand in one spot. Still easy though.
Eh? Are we thinking of the same thing? The third phase of SA-X is the Core-X, isn't it?
I may be mistaken because I haven't finished Fusion in several years but I thought there was two parts to the phase where the SA-X jumps around. (Might actually just be that its speed changes as it gets more damaged or something.) I had completely forgotten about the Core-X phase.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So... I started Final Fantasy Tactics... sort of. I'm actually appreciative of a tutorial for once. Haven't even begun the game yet.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

YelseyKing wrote:...or does it get *worse*? All of the MM4 stages have been pretty tough so far, so I shudder to think what's in store in the final stages... :shock:
It's definitely one of the MM4 bots, but it's not Dive Man. Then again, who knows? Maybe you'll ace it. It's just kind of crushing to many Mega Man players.

I finally beat Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but there's way too much content in it to shelve it now. I hope people give this a chance even if it's on a handheld because I enjoyed it more than DKC: Tropical Freeze. Don't know what game to break out next on the handheld, so I guess I'll just go back to NES Remix 2.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Bean wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:...or does it get *worse*? All of the MM4 stages have been pretty tough so far, so I shudder to think what's in store in the final stages... :shock:
It's definitely one of the MM4 bots, but it's not Dive Man. Then again, who knows? Maybe you'll ace it. It's just kind of crushing to many Mega Man players.
Well, I just finished Megaman III. The stages I had the most overall trouble with were Diveman and Dustman. Those pistons are just unforgiving, and there are some really touchy jumps after that... and if you messed up there and died, you had to re-do the piston sequence. Whee. Skullman and Drillman's stages had some tough parts, but were overall easier than the other two. Really, the whole game felt like you were playing "Doc Robot" versions of all eight stages. Crazy, but still, I actually enjoyed the game a lot. Definitely better than 1 and 2.

Oddly, Wily's Fortress wasn't quite as bad as I feared, other than a few annoying bits, and strangely enough, despite most of the stages being hard, the bosses were all rather easy. Usually it's the other way around in the Megaman series, with the boss fight at the end (especially if you don't have the weak point weapon) making up the majority of the challenge. Punk was the only boss to give me any problems, and it was all entirely my fault; he has easy-to-dodge moves, I just have the absolute worst reaction ability ever. :P

At any rate, on to 4!
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

I picked up Fistful of Frags today, and it's pretty great, it's also free.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Yeah that actually does look pretty fun from what I've seen. Might pick it up myself soonish.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Bean wrote:Kirby: Triple Deluxe
I just realized Triple Deluxe is 3d. I thought we stopped doing that back on like the Nintendo 64.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Alice wrote:
I just realized Triple Deluxe is 3d. I thought we stopped doing that back on like the Nintendo 64.
The DS did it like crazy.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, I still have the last two stamps to get in NES Remix 2, but that's pretty much it. Turns out the last set of challenges were pretty easy for the most part!

And yeah, Yelsey, it was Dust Man's stage that drives people nuts in Mega Man III. Way too many exact movements you have to do in that one to avoid the spikes, the pits, and getting crushed.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Alice wrote:
Nintendo 3DS
3DS
3D

Although it would be nice to have an actual 3D platformer à la SM64, but for Kirby.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Alice

Post by Alice »

darkychao wrote:
Alice wrote:
The DS did it like crazy.
That's a fair point. I was trying to think of more recent consoles/handhelds that did that and somehow skipped completely over the DS.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

YelseyKing wrote:Well, I just finished Megaman III. The stages I had the most overall trouble with were Diveman and Dustman.
Dustman's stage is the worst!!!

Congrats on clearing MM3, that one was probably the hardest of the GB MM games.
Bean wrote:I finally beat Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but there's way too much content in it to shelve it now.
Congrats!

Kirby Triple Deluxe is one of the games I want to get a 3DS for. (and apparently, it came out in Europe today, yahoo!)
Last edited by KobaBeach 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

oh wait megaman III isnt megaman 3? i didn't even know there were gameboy games
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Rénà wrote:oh wait megaman III isnt megaman 3? i didn't even know there were gameboy games
If you know Quint, Enker, Punk and/or Ballad, then you know the GB games.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Rénà wrote:oh wait megaman III isnt megaman 3? i didn't even know there were gameboy games
Yeah, there's five of them, and I find the last two to be really great. In fact, MMIV just released on the eShop yesterday. It takes four bots from both MM4 and MM5 on the NES with new stages for them. MMV has an all-new cast of bots and was really a fun way to cap things off. As for the others, they do the same four bots from two games thing, just earlier ones. The first one's dated, the second one was done by a different company and sounds horrible, and III's one of the hardest ones I've played.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

KobaBeach wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Well, I just finished Megaman III. The stages I had the most overall trouble with were Diveman and Dustman.
Dustman's stage is the worst!!!

Congrats on clearing MM3, that one was probably the hardest of the GB MM games.
Thanks!

I'm halfway through 4 now. The first four stages were pretty easy, though Ringman's stage had some annoying parts. Of the MM5 stages, I've only attempted Crystalman's stage so far. The first half is easy, but the second half... there are two paths you can take, and both of them are annoying. I've gotten pretty far in the stage, but have yet to beat it. Maybe I'll just try another stage first. :P

Also, is it just me, or is Rain Flush *really* broken in this game? In the NES version, its full screen nuke capabilities were offset by it using a lot of energy, giving you only like five or six shots. In the MM4GB, it uses only one bar of energy, making it pretty easily spammable.
Yeah, there's five of them, though they're completely different outside of using some of the same bosses... except 5, which is entirely new.

Technically, both the NES and GB games have the same names (both sets of games use roman numerals), but in general, fans use numbers for the NES games, and roman numerals for the GB ones, to differentiate them. It's not a problem in Japan, since they were titled "Rockman World" over there... and there's some unused graphics in MM1GB that suggests they were, at one point, going to call the series Megaman World over here. I wonder why they ended up... not doing that.
Last edited by YelseyKing 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Moists:

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Started Desktop Dungeons and am still in tutorial mode in FF Tactics.

I recommend desktop dungeons to peoples.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I started replaying A Link to the Past earlier today and when I went into one of the early dungeons and saw some stalfos, I thought "what the hell is pholtos doing here?"
It took me a minute to realize pholtos's avatar is a stalfos.
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

You know, I didn't notice that either. Huh.
Pyon!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Well, my first reaction was: "Why is there a Stalfos..." when I saw pholtos' avatar.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Just finished Megaman 4 Gameboy. That last stage was great, if *really* long. Thankfully, getting a game over at the final battle allowed you to restart right at the beginning of it. I imagine there were other such "continue" points, but that was the only time I actually *got* a game over in that stage, by some miracle.

Overall, the game was, like 3, a lot of fun, though fairly hard. Not *as* hard as 3, but still trickier than the NES version. Crystalman and Stoneman's stages were probably the roughest, especially the former. There are *so* many ways to instantly kill yourself there. Not sure why anyone would want to take the upper route when the path forks near the midpoint, since it's not only harder, but the only "reward" is two small energy capsules which are easily missed. The much simpler lower route has a 1-up, as well as an appearance by Eddie. Stoneman's stage just had some crazy jumps and annoyingly-placed enemies, as well as a couple difficult side paths that I went through once, saw they were just for a 1-up and an E-Tank, and said "screw this, not worth it, not doing these again".

One problem with the game I found was that it had the worst selection of special weapons I've ever seen. Maybe I simply didn't use them right, but... you had three "launch straight ahead" weapons (Ring Boomerang, Pharaoh Shot, and Crystal Eye), and three of the most unwieldy MM5 weapons (Charge Kick, Power Stone, and Napalm Bomb). Only the Rain Flush and Flash Stopper were all that interesting outside of a few key areas. Kind of a shame.

Anyway, on to 5!

Moists:

Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I've been playing through Doom 2 but this time I'm actually making it to the later levels for the first time. Nearly beaten it but it's slow progress. It's gotten really mean-spirited now though. A switch may be required to progress or it may reveal 10 mancubi and lock the door into the area. There's just no way to tell.
Eila

Post by Eila »

Not playing yet, but in a few days I will be stuck into the Doom 4 beta and Wolfenstein. I haven't been this excited for new games in quite a long time.
Phoba

Post by Phoba »

So Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch V4 update got released today, and my god, probably the best update it got. The only thing that frustrates me is the new maps having team mode, which teammates just gets killed by swarms of the other team. But after that, it's just amazing.
(Funny how people were talking about Doom and Megaman)
(a)smbx(t) stuff i'll probably not continue???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb3QzmureUo
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I was bored and so I replayed FFVIII, up until a bit after where I was last time, all while trying to make sure that I got Siren when fighting Elvoret

Only took me 3 and a half hours, no biggie (I'm not the most rational person)

I'm about to go to Timber
Triple Triad is kinda neat, but I'm p. bad at it

Drawing spells is kinda tedious but I don't mind (I try to draw at least 20+ of one spell, except for Cure, of which I have like 65+ on Squall, Zell and Selphie each and a few like Protect and Esuna that I have really few of because eh)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*