(shouting)

Games you would like to see hacks of

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
LatexHydra

Games you would like to see hacks of

Post by LatexHydra »

What are some games that have no sort rom hack or anything like that, that you would enjoy seeing a hack of? For me, a few come to mind. The first one is Castlevania SotN. There is somebody on YouTube making a hack of it, but it's just a difficultly change I think. Another game that comes to mind is Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. This was a freaking amazing game, and I would love to play it again, but with completely new levels, enemies, and bosses. Also, Shadow of the Colossus. It would just be so badass to scale new colossi, and explore a new world. What games do you want to see hacked?
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Games you would like to see hacks of

Post by Sorel »

The World Ends with You.. although I think it's highly impossible to do so.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Leylite

Post by Leylite »

I'd like to see a romhack for Shatterhand, an NES game that involved fighting a steampunk war by punching everyone.

It was a pretty fun platformer for the most part, but had some questionable level design choices (including some of the meanest falling rocks in video game history), and I'd like to see what someone else decided to do with the engine.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

I would like to see hacks of Kirby's Dreamland 3. Or Kirby's Adventure. Or Dreamland 2.
Kirby is a popular platformer, why is there no romhacks of Kirby games yet? :(
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

There's this really niche platform game called "Super Mario World" It's got quite a lot of diversity in it's level design and elements in games, I bet they'd be really good combined in different ways!

Okay real talk though I'd love to see a well-done hack of one of the 3D Zelda games, especially Wind Waker or Twilight Princess.
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

FluffiMasta wrote:The World Ends with You.. although I think it's highly impossible to do so.
Nothing's impossible when it comes to hacking. I'm pretty sure anything that has code, is hackable. It's probably just that no one has gotten around to making tools to hack said game.
MercuryPenny

Post by MercuryPenny »

To be honest I'm a huge Mario fanboy so probably SMB3 or 1. There are people hacking it but there really aren't enough. I'd join in but SMB3 Workshop is a little unwieldy and as far as I know no SMB1 editors have ever been released (there was one called Blox but the creator went inactive).
A normal guy, if you can believe it.

Ads: Your ad, hight here, right now: $0 (click this! ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=96389)
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

yogui wrote:I would like to see hacks of Kirby's Dreamland 3. Or Kirby's Adventure. Or Dreamland 2.
Yes, Moar Kirby.
CM30

Post by CM30 »

Wario Land 4, or the other Wario Land games. Some people were working on editors for them at some point, but progress seems to have stalled.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Bomberman Quest. Because everybody remembers Bomberman Quest right?
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Luigi's Mansion, as I'm sorta curious how that could turn out...
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

That would be entirely too hard I should think, it's more something you would want to make a game from the ground up instead of hoping for an editor to make hacks with.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

As much as I love the Kirby series, I have to wonder how much more hackers could do with it. Kirby himself is just... surprisingly slow in most games. Part of the reason the games are usually very easy is that they're designed around his ability to go anywhere he wants, but not very quickly. I'd love to see someone Romhack Amazing Mirror, though.

I'd also second Wario Land 4. That could be absolutely amazing.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

Bwarch wrote:That would be entirely too hard I should think, it's more something you would want to make a game from the ground up instead of hoping for an editor to make hacks with.
I'd just be interested on how a hack of it would play out, difficulty aside. This thread isn't titled "Games you would like an editor for."
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Symphony of the Night, more Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past and Mega Man X, and pretty much any other 3D Zelda game besides Skyward Sword because reasons. Mega Man 8/& Forte could be cool since I like the graphical style. More probably.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Sturg wrote:
Bwarch wrote:That would be entirely too hard I should think, it's more something you would want to make a game from the ground up instead of hoping for an editor to make hacks with.
I'd just be interested on how a hack of it would play out, difficulty aside. This thread isn't titled "Games you would like an editor for."

But a hack entails an editor so far as I know. It just makes more sense to just code it from the ground up considering almost all the gameplay is boss oriented, basically having to use an equivalent of ASM for every fight.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

aterraformer wrote:Symphony of the Night, more Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past and Mega Man X, and pretty much any other 3D Zelda game besides Skyward Sword because reasons. Mega Man 8/& Forte could be cool since I like the graphical style. More probably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1gZjNwI6w

This is the only Megaman X hack you'll ever need

Sturg

Post by Sturg »

oh okay I sort of misinterpreted what you were saying
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I think all of the NES Mega Man games now have hacks to their names worth playing to some degree (6 is a toss-up with that RE game), but I'd like to see 7/8/MM&B get some kind treatment as well if their engines allow it. At least with 7 & 8, there are those demakes anyway.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Jesuiscontent wrote:This is the only Megaman X hack you'll ever need
untrue
The creator even tests without tools and hacked for infinite lives. There is also a kaizo one of questionable quality.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

yogui wrote:I would like to see hacks of Kirby's Dreamland 3. Or Kirby's Adventure. Or Dreamland 2.
Actually, hacking Kirby Super Star has become common recently, and I've seen an editor for Kirby's adventure, despite the fact it was Japanese only.

I'd want to see a Super Metroid hack that's actually rather high quality. The ones I've seen so far look like they were made by a ten-year-old who just figured out how to use the editor.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Jesuiscontent wrote:
aterraformer wrote:Symphony of the Night, more Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past and Mega Man X, and pretty much any other 3D Zelda game besides Skyward Sword because reasons. Mega Man 8/& Forte could be cool since I like the graphical style. More probably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1gZjNwI6w

This is the only Megaman X hack you'll ever need
What. The. Hell.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

I'm not sure to what extent you could change it, though.

What do you mean, I'm a weirdo? :|
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Bionic Commando. Apparently the only currently-existing hack of it is just a relocalization sort of thing, despite the fact that there's been an editor for it since 2009. Which is a shame, because that game is a unique and fun experience.
Electrictunes

Post by Electrictunes »

For me it's either Rune Factory 1-3 or Persona games.
Starting off with Rune Factory games. Seriosly it could be interesting having someone devellop their own world/town in those games and make characters act differently ect.
Persona games for kinda same reason also bosses could become more interesting.